[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can anyone take the bible seriously when it is so wrong regarding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: pondering anon.png (1 KB, 473x454) Image search: [Google]
pondering anon.png
1 KB, 473x454
How can anyone take the bible seriously when it is so wrong regarding everything we know about the world today?

For example, the world is NOT a flat disc as the bible says and the world is NOT the center of the universe and the world is NOT held up by pillars.
>>
Cause dying is scary as fuck and I understand why they prefer to hang on to the bible.

I wish I could be like that too, but whatever area I studied (biology, history, physics and even folklore) just made it harder and harder for me to be religious.

Even then, I don't like going around trying to convince people that there is no deity, its a harsh truth and life is easier if you let feels overtake your logic.
>>
File: 1455398775805.jpg (72 KB, 577x725) Image search: [Google]
1455398775805.jpg
72 KB, 577x725
>>66671164
Read St.Paul's prophecy about the future in Romans 1:21-28 and compare it the people of today.
>>
>>66671503
Isaiah 40:22 talks about a flat circle, a disc, and not a sphere, just sp you know.
>>
>>66671990
Did you read the english version of the bible?
In hebrew the word 'circle' means sphere.
But why wouldn't just say 'sphere' because in the greek translation it's circle. The same translation problems with the crossing of the red sea, in the Hebrew text it's the sea of reeds which is in a different location. Shit like this should fixed but never does, but please have an understanding.
>>
>>66672954
>In hebrew the word 'circle' means sphere
No it doesn't. The word that is used here is more like a compass, a circling instrument and it's used to refer to the horizon.

You just believe what your preachers tell you, the actual word proves you wrong.
>>
>>66672954
Yeah man it also says that Earth began as an ocean covered planet with wind before the sun existed, then the sun appeared and ground rose out of the water. It also says that all animals were created at the same time and then humans were created last. Not only that, it completely ignores evolution.

It's fucking nonsense anon, get fuckin real.
>>
>>66671503

For everyone of these, there's a spectacularly wrong scientific error too. Let's not forget that these are very vague statements.
>>
GUYS I MISSED THE 66666666 GET
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT WAS
PLS
>>
>>66674256
some really lame post by someone from your country.
>>
>>66674256

>>66666666
>>
>>66674324
>>66674480
thanks
>>
File: 2016-03-08-13-23-54.png (99 KB, 479x799) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-08-13-23-54.png
99 KB, 479x799
>>66673587
The word, chug, geographically means sphere. I do agree that multiple meanings, which is common in Hebrew.(and it sucks IMO) I would send you the link to pic, but the site keep registering as spam.
>>
File: image.png (31 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31 KB, 321x322
>taking the bible literally
>>
File: 1456766762417.gif (16 KB, 519x526) Image search: [Google]
1456766762417.gif
16 KB, 519x526
>>66675506

this desu senpai
>>
>>66675370
>The word, chug, geographically means sphere
Except it doesn't. It CAN mean a sphere, but what it actually was used for is a circle, and more specifically a circle made with a compass.
>>
>>66671503

Cherry picking this hard, wew lad
>>
>>66675916
I literaturely just took that word, chug, from the hebrew passage of Isaiah 40:22 and translated it.
It's as if you don't want the bible to be true.
>>
>>66676525
The thing is that chug does not translate to a sphere save for very specific translations. The word actually translates to a circle made with a circling instrument aka compass.
>>
>>66677411
Okay, again, the word chug found in Isaiah once translated and implied geographically (which make sense in the context of the verse) it means sphere.
Feel free to argue, but the translation already proven my position.

Here's something related to your original topic.
http://putlockerr.ac/tt3464018-watch-Patterns-of-Evidence--The-Exodus-online-putlocker.html
>>
>>66671164
Obviously the bible says none of those tings.

It says from a high vantage point the world looks like a circle. See any picture of the earth. See a circle.

The universe is receding away from us in all directions. You can take that any way you want. But either way, the earth is the center of the universe.

The bible says that the earth is hung on invisible pillars of power. Go ahead and come up with a better 5000 year old description for planetary orbits.

The truth prevails. The bible is the anvil upon which thousands of hammers have been broken.

Three more right here.
>>
>>66675916

Google a picture of the earth.

Look at it.

It looks like a circle.
>>
>>66672954
>sea of reeds

The entire Egyptian army drowned in 1 foot of water guyz! I'm totally serial!
>>
Bible- written by jews thousands of years ago, minimal knowledge of the world
Science- ever evolving field with new knowledge every day, new theories etc.
>>
you fuken guys would u stop looking just at the circle part and move towards the rest of the bible
>>
The world IS the center of the universe since we know not of any other point of reference and everything we observe is of the world point of view
>>
>>66671164
>the world is NOT a flat disc as the bible says and the world is NOT the center of the universe and the world is NOT held up by pillars.

how do you know? because some satanic pedophile tells you that the demons he summons tells him that?

space is CGI
>>
>>66679049
Bible. Steady, unchanging truth with a foundation of rock.

Science. Always changing, always wrong, always shifting sands.
>>
>>66679616
this, universe have no center therefore every point is its center
>>
>>66679761
not white
>>
>>66671164
You are a Mongoloid, your opinion is 1/2 of another Scandinavian.
>>
>>66671164

So, your examples have all been demolished.

Would you care to post more examples, that will also be demolished?

Or will you start to realize that maybe, just maybe, you should actually start reading the bible from at least a neutral viewpoint.....
>>
Biblical mysticism is fairly awesome actually.

I mean the story is basically the most epic fantasy tale in existence. An upstart god of war befriends this human and instructs him to go on a quest from which a whole nation is born that worships this new upstart god of war.

The relationship between the nation of god and the god is not always at its best and they have lots of falling outs. Lots of drama. Lots of quests. Lots of battles. Glory. War. Love. Politics.

It's too bad we are too embroiled in Christian mysticism to actually appreciate it for what it really is.
>>
>>66679984
>obama
>>
>>66680218
When I read the OT too fast, all I see is

BETRAYAL

BETRAYAL

BETRAYAL

BETRAYAL

I wonder how patient God has to be, to put up with us.

One of my favorite little stories buried in the OT is Ehud, a judge over Israel, gets an audience with an enormously fat enemy king, makes a shank and hides it in his right thigh, and stabs the fat bastard completely leaving the shank inside him. He bails out the window, and it's hours if not days before the handlers notice the stench, and dare to open the door to find the fat bastard dead in his own filth.
>>
>>66680300
>Petrus Romanus
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.