[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is God so violent and un-Christian in the OT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: sermon.jpg (38 KB, 325x242) Image search: [Google]
sermon.jpg
38 KB, 325x242
Why is God so violent and un-Christian in the OT?
>>
>>66657999
Bump
>>
>>66657999
god can not be un-christian
>>
>>66657999
Because its a middle eastern religion. OT is no different from the quran.

we took it and made it european
>>
>OT
God was angry with the jews
>NT
God is no longer as angry because his following is no longer the jews
>>
Because he was mad at Jews
>>
>>66657999
Because the OT is about the demiurge
>>
>>66657999
Don't trust kikes
>>
>>66658194

There was no Christianity till the new testament. so yes, Jehovah can and was un-christian.

Jesus saw how fucked up that shit is and pretended to be Jehovah's son in order to get some sens into the jews and change them.
>>
>>66657999
People wernt faggots back then so a faggot diety wouldnt make any sense
>>
God chose the Jews to keep his covenant.
Many did faithfully. Some didnt. Thry suffered as a test of their faith.

Other men who did not have the covenant were punished for being bad. God was wrathful to everyone.

God chose to forgive us and absolve us of sin if wr profess our faith and acceptance of Christ - hes less wrathful now.

Lucky you. Now accept Christ, bub
>>
>>66657999
Because death is inconsequential if there is an afterlife and eternity beyond that.

If your kid falls down and gets a "boo-boo", are you the worst parent for not preventing that? If are crying as if there is no tomorrow because they can't have a toy or ice cream, parents often laugh because they know it's not something to cry over. If you are moving, are you the worst parent for not keeping the kid in the same house?

It's a matter of perspective. To God the adult is a child. Death is like moving, a major sickness or pain is like a tiny fall or a scratch. To argue that God should prevent all of it is to argue that parents should prevent their kid from ever being physically hurt or emotionally upset.
>>
>>66657999
Everyone was unworthy of him and they had to be punished. If you created someone and they hated you and did things you hated wouldn't you be angry? By the way, some say "why didn't He make humans love Him?" Would you like it more if someone was forced to love you or chose to love you?

He sent Christ so that people could be saved through Him.

"but that's stupid, why did he wait so long?" (tips fedora)

When Jesus died it says he went to hades and brought salvation to the dead souls residing there.

God hasn't changed, it is His grace that keeps us from his wrath.
>>
>>66658791
>God chose to forgive us and absolve us of sin if wr profess our faith and acceptance of Christ - hes less wrathful now.
Prots everybody
>>
>>66659042
>wouldn't you be angry?
No, since I follow Christ. Seems weird that God doesn't
>>
>>66657999
perhaps he needed a laugh
>>
Why would god be violent? Violence is a fact of life, and it is something people should tend to themselves. Just because the bible says god committed violence, doesn't mean people are to take it upon themselves. Humans are the descendants of rapists, murderers and thieves. Jesus born himself a virgin to show that he's still with us. I think we are supposed to be atoning for our selves. If god wanted to talk to you he will in a soft, quiet voice.
>>
because stealing, lieing about it, killing siblings, fucking strangers in the ass are not activities that should be condoned.
jesus took on our sins, thats why he is our saviour.
>>
>>66657999
Because the Jews suck at being God's people. That's why he sent his Son to set everything straight.
>>
>>66657999
shity fiction lord of the rings is better
>>
Because the Old Testament was written by primitive desert people and Christianity is made up, like Islam.
>>
>>66659184
>hes less wrathful now
Except the Bible says that God NEVER changes.
>>
>>66657999

This thread has already been populated by hipsters that claim only the New Testament matters.

Cherry picking religious autists on 4chan. What a sight.
>>
>>66660449
no bro i think that was war. war never changes
>>
>>66657999

Jews are so agonizing that even God could get mad at them
>>
>>66660535
Christians follow the New Testament not the Old.
>>
>>66660231
>primitive desert people
We need to build a wall....
>>
>>66657999
Sometimes you have to be violent to get what you want.
>>
>>66660876
gay
>>
>>66660777
HOLY FUCK
>>
>>66660798
Except that's not true.

Ask literally any christian whether they follow the 10 commandments or not. (Spoiler alert: OT)

>inb4 massive cognitive dissonance and doublethink
>>
>>66660449
My point exactly
>>
>>66657999
Because Christianity is judaism for the goyim, that was invented to destroy them.
Christianity teaches submission, non-aggression, restrain and charity to everyone.

While judaism teaches impudence, lying, aggression and resolve.

That's why jews are always on top and the christians are always the ones being fucked in the ass.
>>
>meeting gfs family for the first time
>real religious, her uncle started talking to her dad about his trip to Jerusalem
>uncle says "the Jews didn't actually kill Jesus, it was the Romans. They're really trying to educate people in this today"
>I Juno in the conversation and say "the Jews will also tell you the Holocaust happened, but there's no evidence supporting that either"
>everyone gets real quiet, barely tasks to me the rest of the day, GF breaks up with me a couple weeks later
>>
>>66659039
>Because death is inconsequential if there is an afterlife and eternity beyond that.

Ironically it was DBZ that taught me this lesson.
>>
>>66657999
OT isn't canon bro

NT is the latest updated rulebook
>>
>>66662532
you sperged out real nice
>>
>>66657999
because they werent christians maybe
>>
>>66657999
Because He was, well, Jew. But He grew sick of it and made a new ser of dogmas (Christianism), so Jews have no God.
Also, Ala is YWHW's Silly brother.
>>
>>66657999
God in the Old Testament was the Sole God Of Israel, The God of Israel cursed the tribe of Judah, and moved on to the Christians. That is my best explanation to it.
>>
File: 1254967582613.gif (2 MB, 321x218) Image search: [Google]
1254967582613.gif
2 MB, 321x218
>>66658395

This is amazingly simple and direct. I love it.
>>
>>66662532

Based
A
S
E
D
>>
File: Trump Nam.jpg (24 KB, 255x225) Image search: [Google]
Trump Nam.jpg
24 KB, 255x225
>>66657999
That's the Jewish book. The Jews are a vicious people. God broke his covenant with the Jews in the NT and made himself available to all peoples.
>>
>>66661179
Except it is true.

The Old Testament is basically "The history of how God used to be before Jesus"

10 Commandments IS null because everyone can ask forgiveness and their sins no matter the severity will be forgiven.
>>
File: greenpill.png (241 KB, 700x699) Image search: [Google]
greenpill.png
241 KB, 700x699
>>66658483
this
>>
>>66658483
>Demiurge
Well, considering that the Jews met the Zoroastrians...
>>
File: SonsofAbraham.png (95 KB, 1663x830) Image search: [Google]
SonsofAbraham.png
95 KB, 1663x830
I don't know how accurate this is but this might help.
>>
>>66663724
> and made himself available to all peoples.

Except that Jesus didn't do this. Paul the Apostle was the one who oppened the door for non-jews.
>>
>>66663782
>The Old Testament is basically "The history of how God used to be before Jesus"
>and then he changed his mind because he got it wrong the first time
Please stay out of this thread
>>
>>66659322
Do you seriously think that being a good Christian means never getting angry?
>>
>>66665017

Not to get angry enough to kill some one for stupid reasons, like Jehovah did in OT.
>>
>>66665017
I think if God is the commulation of everything good he doesn't get angry. Also we were talking about getting angry because people don't follow him. Pride is a sin. God can't sin
>>
This thread proves just how unintelligent and self-serving christniggers are
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.