[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Imagine if your dad was dead and then a clown came into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: ghostbusters2016.jpg (124 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters2016.jpg
124 KB, 900x601
"Imagine if your dad was dead and then a clown came into your house and put on his clothes and was like, HEY I'm your dad, isn't this FUN? That's what this feels like." -Machinima
>>
File: would tap.png (215 KB, 342x350) Image search: [Google]
would tap.png
215 KB, 342x350
Is it the wig or the hat?
>>
>>66650019
this scene was the only redeeming feature of the trailer, 10/10 would tap
>>
> sheboon
> tumblrina complete with problem glasses
> manly bulldyke 2hardcore4you
> 2smart4you professor wymyn

This is literally SJW Stereotype: The Movie
>>
>>66650300
She's ok tbqh senpai
>>
>>66649248
movie remakes are just expensive fanfiction.

by all means dont watch it. and certainly complain.

but dont feel as if the originals are made worse by such things. thats silly.

go back. enjoy them. ignore the new stuff.

you dont have to accept or watch them. what entails a franchise or series is up to you. not what is placed in front of you with trademarks and offical copyright.
>>
Replace Wiig with Adam Sandler and McCarthy with Kevin James and everyone would universally agree that this looks like shit.
>>
its interesting how the feminists are attacking each other over this movie. Some are saying that the black actress is stereotyped in the movie as the only not being a scientist, there is also the issue of them having 3 white women instead of a latina, asian or indian women.
>>
>>66652548
I was hoping Channing Tatum was going to be in this.
>>
Ghostbusters is overrated, mediocre trash. The second movie was god-awful, and the first was simply an average comedy.

Why does everyone act like these are the greatest comedy films to have ever existed?
>>
File: Ghostbusters-Bill-Murray-2.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters-Bill-Murray-2.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
>>66653185
>Why does everyone act like these are the greatest comedy films to have ever existed?

Bill Fuckin Murray
>>
>>66653185
you have to understando that many people grew up watching the Ghostbusters cartoons and the memories they have from the original movies are great memories of watching it with the family and laughing, when something like this happens its easy to feel like you are being "riped off" even tho you have no obligation of watching the movie
>>
>>66652872
It's pretty funny how SJW's are imploding on eachother over this, and it's also pretty amusing how men are being blamed for the trailer getting so many thumbs down.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2bRaFcCb4&index=4&list=WL
>>
>>66653543
well deep down we know that most of those thumb downs came from men, we can't prove it, but we can't be blamed for the trailer being bad
>>
>>66653185

YOU HAVENT CONSIDERED THE SONG YOU BITCH
>>
>>66651297
>but dont feel as if the originals are made worse by such things. thats silly.

What's made worse is the franchises future.

Sony doesn't want you to think about the old franchise. They want this new movie to be the start of a new marketing empire of toys and products and shit. When people think "Ghostbusters", they want people to think of this shitshow, not the original. They want to erase the original from people's minds and be supplanted by their new shit so they can sell it.

It feels like the Phantom Menace all over again, where a dark shroud covered a fanbase for over 15 years of dark reign....

We can't let it happen here too.
>>
>>66653185
Because its still a good, well made family film that has a lot of good memories and nostalgia associated with it. Nobody is acting like they were amazing films, just that this reboot is just complete fucking aids and retains nothing of what was good about the original.
>>
>>66653185
I don't watch Ghostbusters because it's a comedy, I watched it because Bustin' Makes me Feel Good.

I like the tech, and the idea of hunting ghosts. It's freakin cool.
>>
>>66653487
>le I fell for le Bill Murray meme

That guy is not a good actor.
>>
>>66650300
But it wasn't even funny. Wasn't it supposed to be funny.?
>>
>>66651297
only sane person on this board.
>>
File: image.jpg (952 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
952 KB, 1280x960
Now Five times funnier.
>>
>>66650393
Well, the stereotypes that they'd like to flatter themselves with.

In reality they all work in HR at shipping fulfillment company in Minnesota.
>>
>>66653885
wtf is up with that file name dude
>>
>>66653487
Thats a good enough argument for me Bill fucking Murray is a legend
>>
>>66649248
U sexist or what???

most of new popular movies are just rehashes of the same cliches

In particular SW VII:TFA was startlingly similar to Jupiter Ascending.
Capeshit movies are all the same capeshit with small flavour differences.

That's the essence of ' ' normie ' ' movie releases.

People like movies they already know.
>>
>>66655175
you clearly didn't watch Star Wars the force awakens.
>>
Gaybusters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vms-a7418zY
>>
>>66651297
thanks ahmed. pls keep a copy of this post on you at all times for identification purposes after the new crusade starts, and i will make sure you have a painless death.
>>
>>66654076
i'm not a sane person.
>>
>>66654047
So you're saying we should bomb Minnesota?
>>
>>66653185
Fucking millennial
>>
>>66653932
Change the ghost to a merchant and it's 10/10
>>
>>66655383

You're right, he saw Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
>>
>>66653837
Chinga tu madre
>>
>>66653932
nice
>>
>>66653185

Guaranteed this guy is 15 or younger.
>>
>>66655838
Minnesota is the land of 1000 lakes

Let's change those lakes to craters
>>
>>66655676
Shieeeeeeeeet
>>
>>66650019
shes lowkey the best thing about the movie so far
>>
>>66649248
"Imagine if your dad was dead and then a gorilla came into your house and put on his clothes and was like, HEY I'm your dad, isn't this FUN? That's what this feels like." -/pol/
>>
what happened to this thread
>>
The one thing that pissed me off about this trailer was the use of music. Instead of just playing ghost busters theme in the backround... they kept playing and pausing some shitty remix every two seconds. Shit's agitatin.
>>
>>66653185
ghostbusters was great when it was released, in 1984, and still holds up quite decently. A youngfag wouldn't understand
>>
>>66655938
Someone get on this.
>>
>>66653185
It's true, this man has no dick.
>>
File: disbelief followed by disgust.jpg (21 KB, 364x214) Image search: [Google]
disbelief followed by disgust.jpg
21 KB, 364x214
>worrying about the integrity and dignity of "geek culture"
>>
>>66662075
implying its not overall popular culture and movies that move ahead our today civilization
>>
>>66653487

>Bill Murray

Nothing against the guy but, it's seems people only like Bill Murray because other people like Bill Murray and then they like too Bill Murray just to fit in and be a part of the Bill Murray joke, whatever that is.

tl;dr Bill Murray
>>
File: 1421869137603.jpg (70 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1421869137603.jpg
70 KB, 400x600
>>66653185
I agree.

I am 30 before someone shitposts underage fag or something.

I'll give the movie a little more credit as some other people mention it has a bit of a scifi-sh adventure with a "spooky" twist to it. Spooky in a fun way obviously.

I'm sure at the time it really stood out from other movies but still it was just managing to check the boxes for what it was.

It barely had any scenes that made you giggle even watching it as a kid.

I enjoyed it more as an adventure movie then a comedy which is a bad sign for a self described comedy.

Imagine if Guardians of the Galaxy was hailed as one of the greatest comedies of all time yet it was clearly an action adventure movie that had jokes sprinkled in.
>>
>>66663950
makes sense, it all started with the Zombieland movie where one of the characters says a lot of good things about Bill, they proceed to go to his mansion where he does a hilarious cameo in the movie

I'm 100% sure that the "Bill Murray is a good comedy actor" meme came after the movie
>>
>>66653487
Bill Murray is a meme.
>>
>>66664351
Makes sense. as a comedy movie its a 6 and it is a 9 as a adventure movie.
>>
>>66664765
>>66664533
>>
>>66653185
Because it's a funny comedy. The effects are dated, sure, but the characters and how they interact make up for it.

When I see the new Ghostbusters, I don't see fucking characters. I see "comedians" doing a skit.
>>
>>66649248
LITTLE
>>
I remember when we laughted at tumblr. Now they even make movies. Like when the jews laughed at Hitler, and the he gassed 6 billion.
>>
>>66663415

Then move it in the right direction with your wallet.
>>
File: Ozymandiascomics.jpg (9 KB, 154x200) Image search: [Google]
Ozymandiascomics.jpg
9 KB, 154x200
>>
>>66665195
I only support what I like with my wallet, I would argue most pollacks do it, the real issue is with the people who dont know what they actually like and just go with the waves
>>
>>66650393
to be fair you hate all women and basically anyone outside of your moms house.
>>
File: 1408490362744.gif (2 MB, 294x210) Image search: [Google]
1408490362744.gif
2 MB, 294x210
>>66663950
I like Bill Murray because he has an "I don't give a shit attitude" but not in a degenerate way like Miley Cyrus.

He is a super nice guy who is living the dream.

That's just one man's personal opinion.

Also he has been in a lot of great movies.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.