[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SCO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
Hi /pol/, greetings from /cyb/.

Discuss. What are the implications. Why isn't western media covering this gigantic organization (see map) and its doings at all.
>>
>>66637646
it is an economic force to be worried about for sure, but not a direct military threat that most people preoccupy themselves with. Russia wants it to be a military alliance but china wont play that game. in the its two separate spheres of influence going in different directions that only want to cooperate on the surface to appear intimidating to the west.
>>
>>66637823
>Russia wants it to be a military alliance but china wont play that game
>only want to cooperate on the surface
Source.
>>
>>66638237

http://thediplomat.com/2014/08/russia-and-the-sco-military-exercises/

http://www.cfr.org/international-organizations-and-alliances/risks-rewards-sco-expansion/p36761

this is also a good read.
https://info.publicintelligence.net/MCIA-ChinaMilitaryCultureGuide.pdf
>>
>>66638409
Thanks. What about assumption that SCO is formed in addition to economy reasons, as a cultural alliance against liberal democracy (said poorly sourced Wikipedia article).
>>
>>66638409
>The most likely state that China can align with is Russia, and indeed some
security apparatus already exists between the two countries. China and Russia share
some commonalities; they have a similar regime type, both qualify as Great Powers
with sizable militaries, and often find themselves at odds with the US. Additionally,
they are neighbors with a large land border between them.
>However, there is still debate as to whether these two Great Powers are in
a formal military alliance, or if such an alliance can be sustained long-term. Russia
and China have often found themselves at odds, especially during the Cold War
(the Soviet-Sino split). Thus, there is no guarantee that an alliance would be viable
between them.

https://www.ciaonet.org/attachments/20089/uploads

>>66638569
> as a cultural alliance against liberal democracy

I have never heard of this, and sounds pretty stupid or at least poorly explained. It makes more sense that its really just two (overly simplified i know) powers guarding themselves from the others influence. pretty standard practice in geopolitics
>>
>India, Bangladesh and Pakistan are the only countries on the map to have the color of shit
not intended
>>
File: Kek_9effef_5616800.jpg (32 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
Kek_9effef_5616800.jpg
32 KB, 500x404
>>66638724
if that is the color of your shit you need to see a doctor
>>
>>66638569
>/cyb/

which chan? I don't remember seeing that over at 8
>>
File: China-GDP-forecast-2050.png (76 KB, 531x457) Image search: [Google]
China-GDP-forecast-2050.png
76 KB, 531x457
>>66637646

Recently read a book about why China will dominate the world and it will happen in our life time :

1 - There is not simply one western modernity, instead we are witnessing
birth of multiple modernities

2 - Chinese modernity will be very different from western modernity

3 - We are moving into a world of contested modernity

4 - China will become the largest economy in the world within less than two decades and then proceed to rapidly out-distance that of the United States

5 - China’s impact on the world will not simply be economic; it will also have profound political, cultural and ideological effects

6 - For thousands of years, China was at the centre of the tributary-state system in East Asia, which only came to an end with the arrival of European colonialism at the end of the nineteenth century

7 - As the East Asian economy is rapidly reconfigured around China, we should expect elements of the tributary system to reappear

8 - At its core, China is a civilization-state rather than a nation-state, a fact which will become steadily more apparent

9 - The Chinese state is very different from the western state: it has existed for over two thousand years, for over a millennium it has had no competitors (e.g., church, merchants) nor limits to its power; it is regarded with reverence and deference by the Chinese as the guardian and protector of Chinese civilization

10 - The Chinese have a deep and living sense of their own culture and civilization which they regard as superior to all others

11 - 92% of the Chinese believe that they are of one race, the Han Chinese, unlike the other most populous nations such as India, the United States, Brazil and Indonesia, which recognize themselves to be highly multi-racial and multi-cultural
>>
>>66639144
http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/15/news/economy/china-gdp-economic-statistics/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/china-business/8183389/Wikileaks-Top-Chinese-official-doesnt-believe-GDP-figures.html

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303448104579152181633939984

The chinese are cooking the books to cheat their way into prosperity.
>>
File: when china rules the world.jpg (162 KB, 400x614) Image search: [Google]
when china rules the world.jpg
162 KB, 400x614
>>66639144
Book recognized. It's an interesting topic. What little I've been following chitchat on internet, it seems like Americans are borderline psychotic about Chinese dominance happening. Usually they just yipyap "it can't happen no way".

Book named "The Next 100 Years" for example predicts that China will fracture into warring states because of inevitable march of liberalism which will crumble CPC rule and reiginite civil war, and that America will rule indefinitely thanks to geopolitics and naval power. Such things. As if idea of China regaining its historical position is so unimaginable. For me it's not.
>>
>>66639144
Except the Chinese economy is stagnating severely. Both exports and imports are dropping sharply, domestic consumption is stagnating as well.

If the communist party can't keep the plebs happy they're going to have a really big problem. Which is the traditional Achilles heel of China: the Chinese.
>>
>>66639459
>expecting dissent from the Chinks
>>
File: 1456685938332.jpg (214 KB, 710x532) Image search: [Google]
1456685938332.jpg
214 KB, 710x532
>>66639681
what is almost all of chinese history?
>>
>>66637646
China has been rapidly approaching the production possibility frontier due to accumulation of capital since the 1980's. As it approaches growth will slow to the global average of 2%. China's population will also peak soon because of the one child policy. The future of china is the japan of today. limited growth and an aging population. They may surpass the USA in nominal GDP but the state will be forced to allocate much of that wealth to supporting the 1/6th of the world's population that lives in china.
>>
>>66639324
>>66639459
People have been saying that China will crumble and resume global maoist irrelevance every time it has economic setback.

Such as this guy:
>In the middle of 2001, I predicted in my book, The Coming Collapse of China, that the Communist Party would fall from power in a decade, in large measure because of the changes that accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) would cause. A decade has passed; the Communist Party is still in power. But don’t think I’m taking my prediction back.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2011/12/29/the-coming-collapse-of-china-2012-edition/

>>66639763
This is correct. You can even remove the word "chinese" from it. I mean, modern western liberalism is 50 years old and already starting to crumble in V4 countries.
>>
>>66639681
>not expecting it from civil war: the country
Face it, the only reason it hasn't happened yet is because of the vast economic successes of the current regime.
>>
>>66639838
im not saying it will collapse. What I am saying is that the economic foundation of the chinese economy is reclaimed drift wood with a tarp thrown over it to make it look nice. this is going to be a major headache to the chinese communist party.

also what the hell is cyb?
>>
>>66639840
They're post-gommie now and subdued as fuck.
>>
Most of that countries are thirdworld shitholes

Nothing against in a war versus NATO
>>
>>66639838
And every time they managed to overcome the setback, thus far.

The point is that if they ever fail to overcome the setback, they are going to have a very big problem with their new middle class demanding answers and possibly a change in policy. It hasn't happened yet, but that doesn't mean it will never happen.
>>
>>66640015
Well the /cyb/ thread on this topic starts by pointing out how little we really know about China. Its real, concrete achievements and expansion on global economic stage are undeniable. I don't think it's built on lies. Sure they may exaggerate and twist reality a bitm because why not. Trade volumes speak for themselves, as accounted by other countries if you don't trust Chinese statistics. As do their resource aquisition strategy which seems pretty unique. Buying farming land in NZ and investing heavily in east-Africa for metals for example. Also well documented by others.

I'm not telling which chan I'm coming from, /pol/sters are generally hated there. It's a nice calm cocoon.
>>
>>66639445
Westerners can't imagine how Chinese society would automatically reject the degeneracy and cucked liberalism.
>>
>>66640376
your from lainchan aren't you.
>>
>>66639459

It's a mistake thinking the people of china are oppressed by their mono-party. The elites are seen like the guardians of chinese civilization. They are pretty flexibles on social issues who cause a drama in the west. For exemple, they are gays bars in Shanghai.

They are authoritarian but not seen as the ennemy It's a really différent mentality.

Of course some "european middle class" (often "artists") try to diffuse their neo-liberals views but very fews people follow them. They are as less successful as the Soros Femen™ or BLM.

Why i think they will get there pretty fast despite a market not convinced :

-there are not more Billionaires in China than in the USA
-the middle class is real and well etablished. They can have 2 childrens now.
-very fews socials tensions/protest. The west forgot that they have very différents memory from the WW2. They felt like they got crushed for 100 years by everyone and especialy Japan.

-they are selfaware of the processus of total globalisation but they see it like the messiah since they got no downfalls from it.

-they have no post colonization complex, since 10 years they really got en mass in Africa.

Slow...and steady.
>>
>>66640224
Obviously. But their current setback is rooted in troubles in Europe. Unemployment is rampant here and purchasing power is dwindling with it. So the Chinese have been shifting their focus from exports to boosting domestic purchasing power already. Keep in mind that in this crisis even the lowest estimates put their GDP growth at 6% while most of Europe is around 1%. The real problem is rich Chinese leaving. They can and will stamp out pleb protesters, just look at Tiananmen.

>>66640450
Taiwan just elected feminist president if I recall correctly.

>>66640463
Shhh pls no invade we are mostly apolitical with programming board most active.
>>
>>66640763
check your other thread finn

<3
>>
we were brought in as observers but seems like will not join in, especially after the incident with russia

this shit is scary though, as the americans and europeans are jacking off refugees china is silently growing in the east
>>
>>66641261
>observers
What exactly does it mean? What has Turkish press reported? What about full membership? How did SCO observer status happen?
>>
>>66641261
I am like 75% certain that if V4 and EU screws you over on the refugee deal and NATO tells you to SIT DOWN again, you will be all buddy buddy with Russia in less than a year.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.