[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Caths, Prots, Orths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1111.png (2 MB, 1084x1141) Image search: [Google]
1111.png
2 MB, 1084x1141
What's the correct branch of christianity?

Also what are the essential evangelical/prots cathechisms/creeds?
>>
>>66620262
catholicism is literally corporatism. they want you to pray to saints and you can only pray to god through a catholic® priest ™.

protestantism wants you to find god within yourself
>>
Catholics: Misguided papists, still right on most of the important stuff. I guess they still have valid sacraments and apostolic succession, I think? I don't recall any Catholic theology being outright blatant heresy. Little too much kiddy diddling for me to be comfortable with though.

Protestants: Literally degenerate Christianity. It's a choose-your-own theology clusterfuck of contradictions, misguided interpretations and lackluster services. Avoid at all costs, they generally lean towards either super-judgemental fundies, super-liberal gay churches, or feel-good movements like Calvary Chapel that give you the "gospel" and... nothing else.

Orthodox: True Apostolic Christianity. All the valid sacraments are here, all the apostolic succession, the rich history, the liturgy, we got all that good shit. Word of warning, it can be tough. There's lots of fasting and stuff involved, so be warned, it's quite a commitment.
>>
>>66620747
Except 2nd commandment
>>
File: ignatius_of_antioch.jpg (159 KB, 537x760) Image search: [Google]
ignatius_of_antioch.jpg
159 KB, 537x760
>>66620898
If you only wanted to bait a shit-flinging contest you could have just said so in the OP.
>>
>>66621068
Nah I mean it. That's what's keeping me from it.
>>
>>66621197
Ah ok, my apologies. Most people here on /pol/ who bring up the icons tend to be trolls/protestants.

Anyway, the long story short is that icons are no more idolatrous than a picture of your wife in your wallet. To deny that we can depict Christ would be to deny his very physical nature, which is heretical - Christ was fully human and fully divine. So it's perfectly fine to depict Him. Holy Spirit and God the Father, that's a no-go because we don't know. Though sometimes the Holy Spirit gets a pass as long as you use a dove.
>>
>>66620747
the closest thing i will admit is orthodoxy.

but orthodoxy is quite literally sand nigger christianaty. all chritianity is bad at this point but sand nigger is the worst. even the faggot pope pretending he is god is better than sand nigger shit.

literally take some basic philosophy classes, or any non seminary theological class. we all have ideas, and believing in others is wrong. the only thing we can believe in is god. and the only way we can find god is through ourselves.

and if that was false then philosophy would not exist.
>>
>>66621554
Yeah I've heard this. But people fucking kiss these icons and stuff. I fail to see the difference. When I looked it up on that orthodox site and the catholic cathechism they said 2nd commandment doesn't count anymore since Jesus. Seems kinda like negotiating between habit and belief if you understand what I mean
>>
>>66621554
>>66621812
p-pls respond
>>
>>66620747
Pretty much accurate.

Orthodox is the unchanged Church of the Apostels.
From what part of the world is christianity coming from? Middle east. What kind of Christians are they there? Orthodox.

Over 1000 years later Catholicism was created. You could buy Gods forgiveness for money from murder and rape? And Idolisation of not Jesus or Mother of God but from a Pope. A corrupt human elected leader being chosen in closed satanist circles, wake up people!

Protestants are actually more honest, they protested against Catholicism. But in the protests they removed too much of everything from the bible, church, lithurgy etc. A Protestant would be shocked by the beauty when entering a Orthodox church lets put it that way.
>>
>>66620262
>correct branch of christianity
That's like saying "what's the best superstition".
>>
>>66621718
You are European immigrants and have a Middle east/Southern Europe Abrahamic religion and are speaking a European language and are more and more using the metric system. And you are sending away all the manufacturing you had.

Please be more humble.
>>
File: 1450237976271.jpg (51 KB, 368x425) Image search: [Google]
1450237976271.jpg
51 KB, 368x425
>>66620262
>sand nigger religion
>needing religion at all
>"spritual" people are also faggots
>>
Catholicism is clearly the most superior, but the Orthodox are ok in my book.
Protestants can fuck off
>>
>>66620262
That image gives me feels. Partly because lotr always gives feels and partly because its so true of western civilization right now
>>
>>66623422
>I'm murrican and truth doesn't matter to me!

What a surprise
>>
>>66620262
Eastern Orthodox.
>>
>>66621718
>but orthodoxy is quite literally sand nigger christianaty. all chritianity is bad at this point but sand nigger is the worst. even the faggot pope pretending he is god is better than sand nigger shit.
How so? After Italy was captured by the Byzantine Empire Greek Popes were appointed by the Emperor for a long while.
>>
>>66621812
kissing is like hugging in eastern culture.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.