[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried to read the bible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: God_and_Government_Crop.jpg (18 KB, 394x231) Image search: [Google]
God_and_Government_Crop.jpg
18 KB, 394x231
but it feels so fake, like a massive cheap quality brainwash for autists.

How can you guys believe what's in this book? How can you believe in something that doesnt exist? It's not like you only believe, some of you are absolutly 100% sure that everything in the book is real. How can you be so delusional?

> godmode : dont attack atheism to make your point
>>
>>66614416
Have fun committing suicide in a few years when you realize you don't believe in anything lmao
>>
>>66614721

We're one of the greatest chemical reactions in the known Universe. Few things get to be animated objects what more do you need from life you greedy asshole?
>>
>>66614721
if your a christan cant your rob a bank and pray to god to let you into heave? If you say no god dosnt forgive fakers, keep in mind your going to willingly commit sin again unless something strikes you dead. i know this cause if you moved to the middle of the dessert youed for sure commit less sin.
>>
>>66614922

Wut?
>>
>>66614416
It's the mystery of faith. A lot of it is allegory, it's not meant to be read front to back like a regular text. Go watch a televised preacher sometime, they use scripture to illuminate larger ideas. I'm not a big bible-thumping guy either, I just understand that it's a text infused with great power that works for an awful lot of people. I had an uncle who fought off cancer and he swore the good book was talking to him. He'd just open it up at random and there'd be something he needed to hear.
>>
File: lron.jpg (81 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
lron.jpg
81 KB, 900x900
>>66614416
It's a bunch of tribalist, iron-age hoodoo, but some adults still want to have an imaginary friend in their life.
>>
File: OG Feelsman.jpg (22 KB, 280x460) Image search: [Google]
OG Feelsman.jpg
22 KB, 280x460
>>66614721

Stop fucking reminding me
>>
>>66615430
*tips*
>>
>>66614416
Some things are metaphorical, some things are historical. Read the new testament first, it makes more sense that way.

If you're a philosophical fedora type, check out inspiring philosophy on jewtube.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TUYymBPce08oyuhnHLLkR_B&v=-ErnJF_nwBk

He's pretty dry but if you like logic, arguments and philosophy it is something to check out.
>>
I want to be Christian, but I don't believe in God. What do?
>>
File: JESUSEJ.jpg (723 KB, 1169x1185) Image search: [Google]
JESUSEJ.jpg
723 KB, 1169x1185
>>66615755
believe in any old bullshit that fits your sociopolitical agenda...that's basically what religion is
>>
>>66615936
What bullshit do you prefer that fits your sociopolitics? Honest question.
>>
>>66616015
Well I have been listening to a lot of Sam Harris recently, but also an audiobook of Plato's 'The Republic'...the ancient Greeks had a lot of things figured out
>>
>>66615936
But I want to be a Christian specifically because I feel the Jews have stolen in from White people. I don't want them to win
>>
>>66614416
>King James
>>
>>66614416
It's not the Bible's fault, it's your fucked up, materialistic, cynical, godless, brainwashed and degenerate brain full of shit.
>>
>>66616125
Interdasting... I'm a Christian myself but I do like some philosophy. Cheers to you.
>>
>>66614416
>find Jesus
>this is Jesus: the book
Simple
>>
>>66615394
This is the best you can do?
>>
>>66616279
>talking snakes do exist if you believe hard enough
>>
>>66615755
Seek and you will find
Good first step is to read up on metaphysics and cosmological arguments.
>>
File: 33434545353.jpg (38 KB, 363x273) Image search: [Google]
33434545353.jpg
38 KB, 363x273
>>66614416
if you actually put everything in the bible together, it actually just says, obey claimed authority of any kind no matter what

just a coincidence that its writings originated from semites
>>
>>66616226
>>66616350
I have no problem with people wanting to pursue personal religion/spirituality, because that is part of freedom of expression.

The thing that shits me is institutional religion (e.g. - Catholic Church) that covers up child abuse among other nefarious things....or fascism dressed up in religious cloth (e.g. - ISIS, wahhabist Saudis, etc.)
>>
>>66616616
Catholic church cooperated completely on revealing the pedo cases. Not a catholic but this argument doesn't hold stand
>>
>>66616226
Well, back when I was a fedora tipper, I was pretty shocked by 9/11 and all the lies that are spread around the world. Governments, banks, various Jews in power all lying.

So I got so fed up, I closed my eyes, held my hands together and asked whatever was out there for the truth.

Seek and you will find.

Cheers.
>>
God was a dream of good government
>>
>>66616848
Yeah...eventually. We are having a Royal Comission (like a senate inquiry) into this right now in Aus.

people working within the church did nothing about the child abuse for a very long time, despite having some knowledge.

But look this is not an attack on individual catholics, more of a call for reform. Francis seems like he is onto that and also a pretty good bloke too
>>
>>66614416

Christianity is a bunch of stories with good morals to help people learn how to behave in a civilized society.

>Adam & Eve - 'Don't disobey your father', 'Don't have sex or he will kick you out of the house'.

I don't really see anything inherently wrong with that.
>>
Has anyone noticed that the OP hasn't posted once in this thread? Probably created by a bot.

How can you guys keep coming to religion threads, when you know damn well that nothing different ever happens, and it's clearly just a bait/slide thread that the OP abandons immediately?
>>
>>66616616
Yeah, I know how you feel because I used to feel that way about organised religion.

Not all religions are the same, obviously Christianity is the best one ;)

I'm Protestant so I've got doctrinal differences with the Catholics but I believe they're just being smeared by the Jewish media. I don't think the Vatican is necessarily Christian but I know a few catholic folks who are nice people.
>>
>>66617122
>more of a call for reform. Francis seems like he is onto that and also a pretty good bloke too
Benedict already started a lot of reforms on this. I don't take it personally no worries I just think it's weird this argument alway pops up despite being plain untrue. Not claiming that people within the church don't try to hise cases I just mean the high church officials support investigation
>>
>>66617224
>if a child looks at your bald head funny you should summon a couple bears to kill them and all of their friends

>when youre fucking you brothers wife, dont pull out and jizz on the floor or god will kill you
>>
The bible is a giant crock of horse shit
>>
>>66614416
Bibles been edited too much. Just live by the ten commandments and you'll be fine.
>>
>>66614416
I actually used to think this too. I took a few college courses on the historical validity of The Bible, as well as the cultural context of each part of The Bible, and it started to make WAY more sense.

Basically, Jesus was THE ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT. Like this dude just walked around and told people to get fucked. If you actually read The New Testament, all he does is walk around and tell people what they're doing wrong, or what they don't understand. The establishment killed him because he was going to ruin it for them.

It all starts with "The Sermon On The Mount", where he just walks on top of a fucking mountain and BTFOs a bunch of Jews
>>
>>66617739
Not religious but the story about kicking out the money-lenders is my favourite....appeals to the rebel in me
>>
>>66614416
clearly you aren't reading the KJV
>>
File: 1457339530187.png (147 KB, 745x814) Image search: [Google]
1457339530187.png
147 KB, 745x814
>>66614416
>He didn't read KJV
>>
>>66617614
Source?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.