[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are brass knuckles illegal to carry for self defense, /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Brass_knuckles_pic.jpg (10 KB, 400x315) Image search: [Google]
Brass_knuckles_pic.jpg
10 KB, 400x315
Why are brass knuckles illegal to carry for self defense, /pol/? You can carry a gun, you can carry a pocket knife, but not brass knuckles.
>>
Because >American logic
>>
I'm willing to bet it's a reason unrelated to self-defense
>>
Because only dindus and retards carry those and it's easy to arrest for
>>
>>66587457
Something to do with usage im guessing.
Like a gun is the weapon of choice for self defence purposes, pocket knives have a utility function. Im guessing brass knuckles are considered assault weapons only?
>>
>>66587457
idk but i can say that they are pretty shitty for self defense. all they do is cut up faces and that doesnt really stop a threat. Knives and guns will stop someone but brass knuckles would just make them bleed
>>
>>66587910
It increases weight behind your punch?
>>
>>66587457
probably because there aren't enough people pushing for its legalization
also guns are protected by the constitution, not brass knuckles
>>
File: 1421448363025.jpg (195 KB, 719x960) Image search: [Google]
1421448363025.jpg
195 KB, 719x960
In almost every single case, bans on particular weapons are driven entirely by emotion rather than fact or logic. Brass knuckles, switchblades, and certain other weapons are perceived as "criminal" implements because that's how they're portrayed in popular media, and popular media is typically the only exposure most people have to these weapons. They read novels or watch crime movies where all the mob goombas carrying switchblades and knuckle dusters, so they associate these items with crime. Later when a politician proposes banning these nefarious criminal implements no one opposes the measure because, really, why would any peaceful person wish to own such barbaric weapons?
>>
>>66587457
Brass knuckles may be illegal, but it's not illegal to carry a brass, knuckle shaped paperweight.
>>
>>66587457
Guns are a necessary evil to protect a people from despostism, and the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

If you need self defence there are much better alternatives than brass knuckles which are used exclusively by thugs to harm others.
>>
>>66587457
Honestly, the correct answer is politics:

This is the same reason why switch blades, gravity blades, etc are banned in some locales. Its because local gangs would carry them and the law targets those gangs. Some of these laws date back to the mid to late 1800's or usually the early 1900's targeted at the booze runner gangs, though there's plenty made during the late 70's and early 80's to target the spike in crime that happened during those years.

Due to the modern gun movement, we now have many states with incredibly permissive gun laws, yet still have laws banning switch blades on the books. So you can openly carry a pistol in Texas just this year, but blades over 5 inches are still banned for carry.

The only way to get rid of these is to lobby your local reps to remove ridiculous laws like these. You'll get a leg up in the argument if your state has permissive gun laws.
>>
>>66587457
Meh, brass knuckles are typically used by street thugs.

An offensive weapon rather than a defensive one. It's about surprise
>>
File: DuelSwords[1].png (9 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
DuelSwords[1].png
9 KB, 500x351
>tfw we don't live in a society where almost everyone is carrying a weapon
Prolly a good thing, given how most people are, idk pham.
>>
>>66587889
>A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Nowhere does the Second Amendment specify firearms or any more specific term for guns. It's just "arms".

That could be bows. That could be swords. Both are illegal to wander around with in many places, some of which have no such restrictions on guns. And body armor, a purely defensive tool, is also illegal in many places, and you can't even use that to kill someone any more than you could a baking sheet.

Pretty disgraceful, America.
>>
>>66587910
You are 100000% retarded. Like off the scale, uncharted form of retarded.
Brass knuckles are a literal one punch killing tool in the right hands. For people trained on how to throw a basic punch it will kill a person in a single blow. I'm not referring to mma fighters or the special forces. Anyone who knows how to throw a jab correctly will kill a person with a single strike.
With that said I am more than comfortable with them being carried by the public at large. 2nd amendment trumps all
>>
>>66588507
>brass knuckles are typically used by street thugs
Yeah, arguments in this vein are exactly what I'd expect from a gun control advocate. Maybe don't go with that.
>>
>>66587457
because government likes a disarmed populace
>>
>>66587590

>t. A Mexican intellectual
>>
>>66587457
I wouldnt want to have brass knuckles. It makes it hard to grab incase the assailant dodges the lunch and grapples you. They can also break your fongers in half? Using the brass knuckles liie a pendulum.

Brass knuckles are only good for interrogation and punishment.
>>
CHECK EM!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.