[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College, not trades.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: banner.jpg (96 KB, 734x361) Image search: [Google]
banner.jpg
96 KB, 734x361
>Average /pol/ster says, "Don't go to college! It's a gay liberal Marxist Jew hellhole. Learn a trade instead. Earn phat stacks out of high school with no bullshit student loans you'll spend a life-time paying back because your Art History degree is only going to get you a job at Starbucks. And don't even consider STEM because Apu and Kasim from Bombay are going to H1-B the hell out of those jobs."

>But fails to mention how trades will leave you hobbling like a 3-legged dog by your mid-40s because of the toll they take on your body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKNwTtvkWc

By the time these poor bastards hit 50, they won't have any knees left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j12kvdgmWJY

And check out these goons all lined up thinking they've just won a chance at a golden ticket into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. They can kiss their knee, elbow, and just about every other type of joint cartilage goodbye.

No sir. Trades are not the way to go. Go to college and get a degree. Then get a white collar office job.

Plus, women want white collar husbands. They don't want to tell people that they're married to John, the Carpenter. They want to marry Justin, the App Developer.
>>
>>66587190
>They want to marry Justin, the App Developer.

They want to marry Jake, the well-off surgeon/lawyer/business man.

Justin the app dev loses his job to Pajeet on his H1-B.
>>
>>66587190
Justin the app developer is a cuck whose wife cheats on him with manly carpenters and tradesmen because "App Developer" isn't a hands on job that has the same appeal to their cock carousel urges. Sure a lot of women want a white collar husband but I think there's probably only 10% of women that will happily settle for one thing, they want both a smart intellectual man and a dumb brutish chimp with a bod
>>
Idk, i m graduating in 8 weeks and just secured a position at Duke Energy as a SciTech at $40k + benefits, 401k, dental.

I've got about 8k in student debt.

I absolutely abhor manual labor though, so I'm compelled to work white collar.
>>
>>66587190
The correct thing is to do neither.
>>
>>66587190
>leave you hobbling by the time you are 40
I work as a lineman and I don't deal with that shit. The most physical intensive work I've ever done was digging holes to be honest familia.
Plus what do you want to tell your kids? You sit in a office looking at a screen or you dangle off the side of a helicopter energized at 500kv working on transmission lines?
>>
File: 1456403693967.png (3 MB, 989x4160) Image search: [Google]
1456403693967.png
3 MB, 989x4160
>>66589706
Enjoy realising 3 days into your job that it's the same shit week in, week out for the next 50-60 years of your life in you little white collar cubicle 12 hours a day.

>>66587190
Be a tradesman and eventually become your own boss.
>>
>Plus, women want white collar husbands
I don't give a shit about what women want.
>>
File: 1455085990243.jpg (31 KB, 187x289) Image search: [Google]
1455085990243.jpg
31 KB, 187x289
>>66590048
nice
>>
>>66590631

Except I'll only be working there for about 5 years while I'm buying my medical degree.

Then I'll make about 300k a year in dermatology, own whatever I feel like and still not be 1/1000th of the fag that you are.

Not to mention taking all my white and blue collar friends out on my boat while we celebrate our differences, joyful that we aren't British.
>>
>>66587190

This is also trades

https://youtu.be/9tzga6qAaBA

So get wrecked, and enjoy being a cuck with a woman's job
>>
>>66590460
I work in transmission line engineering. You guys have balls of steel.
>>
>>66591405
Nah man. Half of us are scared shitless of heights. Just that those people are also insane enough to not care. I would know I fall into that category.
>>
>>66591235
It is tradesmen who get wrecked.

Why not earn a good salary sitting behind a desk?Do you have a need to destroy your body?
>>
>>66587190
>trades will leave you hobbling like a 3-legged dog by your mid-40s because of the toll they take on your body.

My dad's still working in his late 60s in a trade that involves a lot of heavy lifting and working with chemicals and he could beat your dad in a fight, FAGGOT
>>
>>66587190
>>But fails to mention how trades will leave you hobbling like a 3-legged dog by your mid-40s because of the toll they take on your body.
Idk man. My grandfather was a construction worker for 40 years and he's still healthy at 85 years old.
>>
>>66591835
>implying sitting for hours at a time and staring a computer screen is any bit healthier
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.