[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Britbongs need actually need a TV license
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: cuckshedpermitenforcement.jpg (42 KB, 634x377) Image search: [Google]
cuckshedpermitenforcement.jpg
42 KB, 634x377
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/jun/18/do-you-need-tv-licence
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/599049/TV-Licence-jailed-England-BBC-fee-Scotland-fines

Holy shit I always thought it was a joke, people in the UK actually need a license to watch TV, If you are caught watching TV without a license you will be fined 1000$. If you don't pay 1000$ you will be put in jail.

How is the UK so cucked?
>>
>>66572195
We have it too, they're even trying to apply it to people who don't watch tv and watch things online instead.
>>
>>66572195
It's just a tax, and one that you don't have to pay to if you don't use the service.
>>
>>66572195

half of europe has a tv licence
>>
>>66572363
Oh you are hilarious.
>>
>>66572363

And here we have a britworm defending his cuckoldry.

That didn't take long
>>
>>66572408
Cheers, I wasn't even trying.
>>
File: 1457197129304.jpg (149 KB, 600x839) Image search: [Google]
1457197129304.jpg
149 KB, 600x839
They need a warrant to enter your home, paying a bill is not a police matter so they never get one, if you own a TV and don't pay a license they can't find out unless they enter your home whilst you're watching, i.e. you invite them in for a brew and get caught red handed- it would never happen.

It pays for the BBC channel (the tax) which is just a left wing news bias machine, recently labelled 'pedo fund tax' after the Jimmy Savile controversy.
>>
File: secure beneath the watchful eyes.jpg (575 KB, 1024x1441) Image search: [Google]
secure beneath the watchful eyes.jpg
575 KB, 1024x1441
It's pretty ridiculous but really the brits have much bigger problems over there
>>
>>66572745
Like American military bases
>>
I always thought it was meme just like how brits thought Americans clapping in theaters was a meme.
>>
>>66572627
They probably also monitor what signals are being sent into your house to see if you are illegally watching television. How's it feel knowing big brother knows everything you are watching?
>>
>>66572396

This. Most European countries have a TV license in one form or another.

Either way, the whole issue is irrelevant. In any country with state-owned broadcasters (of which Canada is one), the government is taking money from taxpayers to fund it. The difference between Britain and Canada is that we have a specific tax for it, rather than it being indirectly funded by other taxes.
>>
>>66574068
>paying $200 a year to watch TV
Brits will defend this.
>>
File: 1440533589691.gif (1 MB, 245x253) Image search: [Google]
1440533589691.gif
1 MB, 245x253
>>66573284
>monitor what signals are being sent to your house
You didn't actually fall for that ruse did you?

In regards to 'Big Brother' I actually defend it. It may not prevent attacks but all of the public's actions are being recorded.
Being watched is a deterrent to committing crime; if you're foolish enough to still carry out said crime then you've a high chance of being caught because of the recording.
I assume you were referring to CCTV?

Also, why don't you like it? If someone accused you of doing something you didn't do and there's video evidence supporting your claim then you'd be over the moon, wouldn't you??
>>
>>66573284

>They probably also monitor what signals are being sent into your house to see if you are illegally watching television.
That makes no sense. It's like saying they can monitor what radio station you're listening to. There is no exchange, your antenna is passively receiving signals, this is technically nonsense.
>>
>>66574374

I'm not defending it. If it were up to me the TV license would be scrapped tomorrow. I'm simply stating that taxpayers' money is being used to fund any state-owned broadcasters, regardless of whether you're taxed directly to pay for it, or the broadcaster receives funding from government tax revenue.
>>
>>66575017
Sorry didn't realize the UK still uses rabbit ears, because signals going through any kind of cable have an origin and a destination that can be easily tracked.
>>
Chances are you pay for some sort of public service broadcasting through general taxation. So we essentially have an option to opt out of paying that if you choose not to use the service.
>>
File: 1456589334418.png (164 KB, 241x316) Image search: [Google]
1456589334418.png
164 KB, 241x316
>>66576062
Why would a private company have access to this confidential data? They don't have government power or backing, they're inspectors which don't hold the authority of warrants, they must be invited into a person's home and these visits are unheard of, no one is hunted down by packs of dogs or grabbed by scary men in boiler suits and thrown into the back of vans, then water boarded until they confess.
>>
It's to fund the global propaganda machine known as BBC
>>
I thought this was obvious knowledge by know?

Also, nobody gets put in jail now as it's not a criminal matter but a civil one.

>>66572745

Like what? I can walk the streets at night without fearing being gunned down by Juan.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 332x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 332x250
>>66576661
>>66576449
>>66575017
>>66574616
>>
>>66576661
>Also, nobody gets put in jail now as it's not a criminal matter but a civil one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgBwq_2e1XY
>>
>>66572396
>>66574068

Everybody in this country can receive NPO 1, 2 and 3 aka Nederland 1, 2 and 3 for free. They're paid for from tax money, but there's no seperate license of any sort. I think Britain is one of the few countries that have that..
>>
>>66572195
Give it time.

The BBC will be dead soon enough.
>>
>>66577222

That's a fine and a bailiff visit, the police are there to make sure the warrant is carried out without any issues.

Shockingly, if you don't pay your bills you may get a visit from a bailiff.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.