[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you still live with your parents?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 220x330
Why do you still live with your parents?
>>
>>66536147
Cheap. Aside from that, gives me time to finish my education and build funding to eventually move out.
>>
Saving up for a house.
>>
I don't
>>
File: oops.gif (4 MB, 278x300) Image search: [Google]
oops.gif
4 MB, 278x300
Post age and whether you live with parents or not. I'll start.
>24
>live alone
>>
>>66536147
the money i make is not enough for me to get an apartment or afford anything, basically.
>>
>>66536147
I have my own house and I'm 20 years old. Life is simple, study hard and work hard.
>>
>>66537539
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>66536147
Britain has a housing crisis, and multigenerational homes are more sociable and interesting anyway, provided you get on with your parents.

US culture is suicide.
>>
Moved out when I was 19.

29 now.

>still miss mommas panny cakes on sunday morning.
>>
>28
>have a shitty 1 room apartment but live with my mother
shes rarely at home, so i have the whole house for myself, why would i stay in my overpriced 20sqm broom closet when i can live in a house?
>>
>>66536147
Why don't you live with my parents?
>>
I'm a NEET and I live with my parents on our house.
It's a very big house, I have an entire floor for myself.

I don't plan on working anyday. I'm into /biz/ stuffs I usually make money but not that much, it's just for fun
>>
>>66536147
why not?
>>
File: 6gorillionhairman.jpg (98 KB, 1225x825) Image search: [Google]
6gorillionhairman.jpg
98 KB, 1225x825
>>66536147
it's much cheaper. Literally everyone in a developing nation lives with their parents in a multi generational home. Why the fuck shouldn't I? I've already told my parents and gf's parents that they are living with us.

Why are you not living in a home with your entire family so that you can actually bond, love others, and be loved?
>>
>>66537552
You live in manila or something?
>>
Only just recently managed to get a well paying job. One which can sustain me comfortably while single and leaves me with a decent disposable income. I plan to move out shortly.
>>
because it's free
>>
>>66536147
I haven't for 10 years. My dad kicked me out when I turned 18.
>>
>>66536147
cuz i can't find a job lmao.
>>
>27

>40m2

Live alone, soon I need to move to North. Fuck.
>>
>>66536147

So i can have $500k in liquid assets + another $500 k when i sell the family home to fuck childlike SE asian prostitutes for 30+ years stupid.
>>
>>66537398
First post best post
>>
>>66536147
Moved out a year ago, when I was 23, about 6 months after I got a full time job.

I go to my parent's house every tuesday for dinner though. It was my mom's idea, but I think it's a nice way to keep in touch with them.
>>
>>66536147
If you are older than 21 and you live with your parents you have failed at life. Jesus Christ, these man babies.
>>
I moved out when I was 18 because I am an adult
>>
>>66538982
>>66539144
>take university degree at local uni
>no income to support yourself
>won't start making real money until the degree is done
>you are somehow a child or failure because you choose to live for free until your education is completed

The only other option is to take out a loan to rent some place, and that would literally be throwing money out the window.
>>
>>66538982
>Parents are over 65
>They're unable to get social security even though they paid into it
>Have well-paying job
>Rent out 4-bedroom house
>Let them live their last years in the comfort of a home than wither away in a hospice.
>man baby
>>
>>66536147
>good goy, move out and get a mortgage
>>
>>66537607
I'm sure your parents had nothing to do with that
>>
>>66538982
This
>>
File: 1426557397276.jpg (44 KB, 680x765) Image search: [Google]
1426557397276.jpg
44 KB, 680x765
>graduate uni have a job lined up when I'm done
>start working, everything is dandy for a while
>3 months in get called in to boss's office
>I'm fired
>apparently I haven't "grasped" my assignments quickly enough
>I have barely even started and most of the time was spent waiting at my desk for shit to do because they hired too many for the fall or something
>been unemployed for 3 months now because I'm depressed and hate googling finding new jobs, sending resumes and personal letters

I'm so god damned frustrated with myself I don't know what to do. I just hate job searching with all my passion.
>>
>>66536147
>still
I've moved out thrice.
I just keep changing cities and living at my parent's in between.

When I get an apprenticeship, since I dropped out of university, I'll move out again.
>>
>28
>live with mom

I do it because it's cheap and I get to use her car. Living like this has allowed me to save up 20k, even though I pay marginal rent and buy my own food. I also have no sex drive so I don't care about being in a relationship or bringing home girls.
>>
File: 1424917629511.jpg (1 MB, 1818x2424) Image search: [Google]
1424917629511.jpg
1 MB, 1818x2424
>>66536147
>have well paying job and can live in my own place
>choose to pay mom rent and fill otherwise empty house
>help mom pay off mortgage and credit card debt
i-is this acceptable?
>>
>>66536147
I graduated with about 5k worth of debt last year. Scholarships and grants (working class family) paid most of my tuition so my debt burden is minimal but still exists. By the end of this spring I will be moving out with 100% of my student debt payed off, an excellent credit score, and 10k in my bank account. They don't charge me rent and I've been able to save about half of every paycheck then use the rest to go on trips, buy stuff I want, etc. My parents don't care when my gf comes over and overall let me do my own thing. No curfew or bullshit like that. I contribute by helping them around the house even though they don't ask me to. It's a good arrangement for all of us. I also enjoy spending time with my parents. I feel like Im at an age where I can fully appreciate learning from my dad and of course my mother's cooking is still on point. Why rush into the world?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.