[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dem ol' days wasn't so bad, no suh not so bad at all:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
Slavery wasn't nearly as bad as the blacks make it out to be. Read the slave narratives at:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=slave%20narratives

And see that a good half actually liked being slaves just fine.

Of the rest, only a few really complain about mistreatment, and most just tell spooky ghost stories about stuff that'll get you if you go in the woods or go swimming.

Didn't have to worry about money or food back in those good old days.
>>
File: song-of-the-south-2.jpg (23 KB, 450x327) Image search: [Google]
song-of-the-south-2.jpg
23 KB, 450x327
Look at how nice those old days were, dey wuz dem zippite do dah dayz...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY

>MFW I'll never gather with the other white children from the plantation house and go fish for catfish in the river with an old ex-slave who still lives by my father's good graces on the plantation doing whatever work he can while he regales me with the same tales of rabbits and foxes and shit he told my father...
>>
>B-b-but Django Unchained
>>
>>66516887
>Didn't have to worry about money or food back in those good old days.

The top 2% of the wealthy owned slaves so of course they could afford to feed them well.

Poor people owned slaves too, but these were usually liberal white cucks who treated the slaves as brothers and freed them at the end of a certain term.
>>
File: song-of-the-south.jpg (222 KB, 1349x1062) Image search: [Google]
song-of-the-south.jpg
222 KB, 1349x1062
>>66517470
Yep, most of the Scotch-Irish came over as slaves themselves, they tended to free their slaves after a term even after generational slavery was legalized.

Generational slavery of blacks was only legal for less than 100 years, before this you could only keep 'em seven years.
>>
So would blacks be better off under slavery still today?

No, but was it a terrible time for all of them? Nah.
>>
In a way, the blacks have been taking it easy on the white man for a couple generations now. No need to get a job, just get some gibs, the only difference between now and the slavery days is that blacks probably don't practice a trade, whereas all slaves sought to be a tradesperson and thus gain increased social standing in the plantation hierarchy.
>>
>>66516887
Ayyyylmao, well wouldn't it be in the slave owners best interest to treat them well to improve their productivity? If they were constantly mistreating them and beating them to work, eventually their just going to burn out and kill themselves - not something you would want to happen right?

In saying that it's still slavery, they still worked in hard conditions but not as hard as liberals get buttblasted about the issue who aren't even African American lmao.
>>
Obligatory reading:

https://radishmag.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/slavery-reconsidered/
>>
File: durham1[1].jpg (16 KB, 264x462) Image search: [Google]
durham1[1].jpg
16 KB, 264x462
>Freedom is all right, but de niggers was better off befo’ surrender, kaze den dey was looked after an’ dey didn’ get in no trouble fightin’ an’ killin’ like dey do dese days. If a nigger cut up an’ got sassy in slavery times, his Ole Marse give him a good whippin’ an’ he went way back an’ set down an’ ’haved hese’f. If he was sick, Marse an’ Mistis looked after him, an’ if he needed store medicine, it was bought an’ give to him; he didn’ have to pay nothin’. Dey didn’ even have to think ’bout clothes nor nothin’ like dat, dey was wove an’ made an’ give to dem. Maybe everybody’s Marse and Mistis wuzn’ good as Marse George and Mis’ Betsy, but dey was de same as a mammy an’ pappy to us niggers.
>>
>>66520331
>not as hard as liberals get buttblasted about
If you read literature of the time, you'll see that blacks were stereotyped as being extraordinarily lazy even considering the fairly slow pace of plantation life. Sure they had to plow once a year, drop some seeds in, wait for that shit to grow and occasionally weed and then harvest, but they were stealing watermelons and hams and sugar and having a good old time smoking the butts of the master's cigars and drinking "corn beer" or like an alcoholic porridge they made from corn, like they still do in Africa.

It was a regular negro party 24/7 in the south, I bet they have more leisure time than most anons here do in a given year. Sure there might be a couple grueling weeks in the spring and fall, but think of how comfy winter could have been in a nice little tight and cozy shack...

Pictured, typical slave quarters of the day. Pretty comfy anons...
>>
>>66520490
Pretty comfy lifestyle anon...

In Morgan Freeman's voice:
>Well, after the war I was free. But it didn't make much difference to me; I just had to work for myself instead of somebody else. And I just rambled around. Sort of a floater.
>Charles Anderson, freed slave.
>>
>B-b-but white people thought of slaves as nothing more than farm tools!

And like any piece of expensive equipment, you have to treat it right if you want it to work properly. If you kick your nigger around for fun, neglect the upkeep of its quarters, or starve it out, its not going to be able to work efficiently for you and all that money you spent on it will be wasted.
>>
>>66520914
Maltreatment of your slaves could also cause you to be criticized and ostracized from the community of whites as well.

Of course, every once in a while you'd have to line all the slaves up, figure out who ate the pies, and give them a serious yelling-at and possibly smack them around a bit, just to let 'em all know who's boss - or have your overseer do it - but it's no different from the local police doing the same thing today.

I submit that the essential life of the more economically challenged life is very similar to a slave's. They are fed and housed and clothed and medicated (as it is needed) from cradle to grave. However these days, they're neither gainfully employed, nor do they have a skill or trade, and instead of treating they Massuh and Missus with gratitude they instead resent the whites and others' upon whose backs they subsist.

It's a pretty sorry state when you can argue that many blacks would have been legitimately better off under slavery but I intend to do that in this thread.

Pic related, on many plantations when the Massuh or Missus or they chillun got sick or injured, the blacks would gather at the door and sing gospel songs and hymns, and pray for their beloved "mammy and pappy."
>>
Before: Work and do a good job, be well fed and taken care of and get to live in tidy warm cozy shacks and have a taste of the 1%er's existence if you work really hard and become a house negro, life has an order and a purpose.

Now: Don't work, get free gibs, steal other shit, live in shitted out apartment that your family destroyed but who cares because it's just a project slum where everybody does the same thing, be drug dealer or gang banger or just wannabe hustler or be the 5% that barely make it out and never look back.
>>
>>66521279
>challenged life
I meant to say "modern black" here sorry to samefag.
>>
>>66517287
I can't imagine what kind of twisted lies they tell you Europeans about our 'bad old' slavery days...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.