[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dude depression lmao
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Has anyone noticed the increasingly prevalence of 16-25 year olds these days blaming all their problems on depression? And whenever someone mentions depression they become immune to any form of criticism and in come a throng of people saying 'guys mental illness is really srs yuo cant joke about it'

Depression is very serious which is exactly why I'm tired of millennials using it as a crutch. Every privileged kid wants a struggle; hence why you have SJWs try to make their blogging seem like a big social movement faced with tons of oppression. And 'trendy' depression is no different. No you don't have 'depression' because you failed one test, had arguments with your parents and had a fight with a friend. If you're sad because you're unattractive or underachieving, just fucking start lifting and hitting the books! The only depression that's justified is stuff that's truly out of your control.

What does /pol/ think of 'trendy' depression?
>>
>>66515445
Could it be said, that most people who truly are depressed, are doing so in quiet solitude?
Suffering internally, while putting on a happy face for the outside world?

To answer your question though, anything "trendy" is shit. Don't care what it is.
This is just disgusting. Just like people who claim to have PTSD from internet posts.
>>
It's trendy to have some sort of perceived disadvantage that excuses you from functioning like a normal human being. I constantly see "anxiety" "PTSD" and "depression" as big ones people around my age group are using and it's usually to excuse shitty behavior.
>>
>>66515700
Don't forget autism!

My kid isn't misbehaving, he just has autism!
>>
>>66515445
If they've gone to the doctor and actually been diagnosed with it, fine. Otherwise it's the same as feminists claiming they'll get PTSD from watching another feminist disagree with them.
>>
>>66515445
Remove sugars from your diet, dramatically reduce carbohydrates like bread.
Yes, bread.
Exercise.
Study game and develop a compkex emotional ecosystem.
See yourself not as a lonely individual but as a node in a network of other people.
Normalize sleep. No soda, no energy drinks, very limited caffeine.
>>
>>66515759
Autism is a real thing, but like depression, if you don't have a real diagnoses you can fuck right off. Beyond that, through the years I spent in special ed in middle school, I only knew one guy who couldn't take meds for medical reasons, so if your kid has diagnosed autism, he should be on fucking meds. My autism isn't even that bad compared to the average autist, and I still need meds to function like some semblance of a normal person for an entire day.
>>
File: pepe messiah.png (30 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
pepe messiah.png
30 KB, 700x800
>>66515445
Depression is the biggest fucking meme these days. Ever notice that "depressed" people are usually sexually deprived losers? You don't see extroverted good looking people who have lots of sex complaining of "depression". People should just be honest that their life sucks and they have good reasons to be frustrated and sad rather than pretend it's a "chemical imbalance". Of course there is a very small minority who genuinely do have a chemical imbalance but so many cases of "depression" are just people with shitty lives oblivious to how their actual shitty life circumstances are the cause of their misery.
>>
>>66515445
I think depression is a symptom. Traditional values can help a lot by giving people a framework of good and bad. Otherwise, there are health and nutrition issues, etc., but it's in large part a symptom of feeling like you have nothing to live for and love is pointless/meaningless. In reality, sex & dating are tools to get you to procreate, and procreation is a valid life goal.
>>
It pissed off my sister when I told her I was being properly medicated for depression and an actual anxiety disorder, the kind of issue where I was scared of leaving my house, and making day to day conversation very difficult.

She thought I was acting for attention, but who could blame her. To be medically recognised you need to explain to your doctor what ails you. And anxiety has a stuttering bonus.so many of those that seek treatment I guess don't make it "convincing"

The trend of conning the term "mentally ill" will pass, kids will abuse anything they can use to make things easier to succeed.
>>
File: 1457228728827.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1457228728827.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
>tfw seeing a therapist for depression and substance abuse but still almost done with a stem degree and have a job lined up

>tfw a lot of people use self diagnosed depression as an excuse to be pieces of shit without changing
>>
>>66515445
Depression is a result of living in a Jewish country .
>>
File: 1441238025908.jpg (103 KB, 788x800) Image search: [Google]
1441238025908.jpg
103 KB, 788x800
>>66516084
Actually, an attractive girl from my high school recently came out on Facebook (lol) about how she's been suffering with depression.

Hundreds of likes, hundreds of "you go girl" and "omg you're so brave" and "I'm here for you" comments.

It made me sick to my stomach. People just use it as another label to make themselves a special snowflake, and it downplays actual depression.

By the way, an attractive person claiming depression isn't that much worse than an unattractive person claiming depression. Chances are if you're a NEET fat neckbeard you can literally fix it all starting with lifting or anything to IMPROVE. Unless you tragically lost your limbs in a drunk hit-and-run which is out of your control, you shouldn't just be throwing in the towel. Even then people who've suffered like in the example I made make something of their lives.
>>
>>66515868

Bullshit. The only way to be happy is to realize that you are alone. You have always been alone and you will always be alone. Nobody cares about you.
>>
>>66515695
This is me. I've been putting a smile on my face for too long.
>>
File: 1456521845300.jpg (41 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1456521845300.jpg
41 KB, 396x385
>>66516416
>Actually, an attractive girl from my high school recently came out on Facebook (lol) about how she's been suffering with depression.
>Hundreds of likes, hundreds of "you go girl" and "omg you're so brave" and "I'm here for you" comments.

The only people that know about that kind of shit are my family. I hate when people do that because it only adds to the "depression is bullshit" or "everyone is sad sometimes" memes.
>>
>>66516084
Actually I see it most from attractive females that have an endless supply of dick waiting whenever they want it.
>>
>>66516416

>tfw 3 people out of 150 wished me happy birthday

I closed my Facebook not long after that
>>
I'd like to give a shit but I don't anymore, sure it's a severe mental illness but in the end if people fake it or not that doesn't matter for who will stand by your side if you're having depression

I spend over a year in a psychiatric hospital, none of my "friends" came to see me the entire time, I had to do it all alone and here I am now, all fine, let them cry depression, let the other attention whores tip toe around them

I don't care, they can chose to live like pieces of shit
>>
File: DeutschesLebensrunePin-05H.jpg (25 KB, 348x340) Image search: [Google]
DeutschesLebensrunePin-05H.jpg
25 KB, 348x340
>>66515445
DEPRESSION IS A COMMON SIDE EFFECT OF LIVING WITHIN THE CLUTCHES OF THE KIKE BANKING SYSTEM
>>
>>66516646

Pretty sure she has a mental illness with posting shit like that
It's just not depression
>>
>>66516646
This. I've felt alone since I was maybe 10, I'm 22 now. The only thing that helps is doing something constantly. I have a decent life, but I wish I wasnt in this eternal state.
>>
>>66515445
I know it's a meme but university really hit me hard with depression.
No motivation to do anything, an all consuming feeling that I'm missing something of dire importance like an assignment date and I've fucked myself over completly. A dire fear of checking my email, whenever I think of it my heart-rate increases. Sometimes I just want to stop what I'm doing, lay down on the floor, and scream/cry for an hour straight.
>>
>>66516786
0 out of 300 some

facebook is el gono
>>
>>66515445
Most people with depression don't even know that they're depressed
>>
>>66517019
those are more symptoms of an anxiety disorder senpai

lay off the booze if you drink heavily. It helped me a lot.
>>
>>66515445
There really is alot of what could be called "clinical depression" in this world, but it's mostly the result of poor nutrition and an unhealthy lifestyle from conception to adulthood.
>>
>>66515445
The key to overcoming depression is to do good deeds for others. You always feel good when you help people out. Depression is a selfish mental disease. So do stuff that doesn't pertain to you. Don't take meds for depression that causes more depression. That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>66517160
Ahh, that's what it is then, anxiety actually hadn't even crossed my mind. Hopefully it'll just pass when this semester ends, having nothing to do over the summer should calm my nerves.
>>
>>66516416
>>66516657
I guess I should have clarified and meant guys for the most part. All women are pretty much mentally ill.
>>
File: 1432161538907.jpg (70 KB, 633x720) Image search: [Google]
1432161538907.jpg
70 KB, 633x720
>>66516901
how many of you would feel better if you won the lottery?
>>
>>66515445

>2006 the post
You're ten years too late.
>>
>>66516416
this. people who have problems dont talk about them. I had panic disorder and the last thing i would do would tell the fucking world
>>
>>66517339
true
>>
>>66515445
I've had depression for close to 10 years now, i hope the people with trendy depression get real depression and kill themselves.
>>
>>66517541

Man, sometimes they don't even know there's anything wrong with them. When I was 13 I became clinically depressed and I didn't even realise it for a couple of years. I found myself incapable of doing anything and so I thought I was just stupid.

At my worst point I was a complete and utter mess. I went days without talking to anyone and developed Trichophagia. My hair had massive bald patches which made me feel even more miserable. I didn't do any work at school and I'd break down and cry uncontrollably for no reason. If anyone mentioned me in any context, even if they were just concerned about me I would interpret it as them mocking me.

Despite all this, I still didn't actually think there was anything wrong with me mentally. I can only see in hindsight how bad it was.
>>
>>66516997
27 here. I'm in the same boat.

I just cannot shake away the thought that no one wants me around but then I'm back to normal after something like 30 minutes.

Guess people see me as mentally unstable from that now.
>>
>>66518640
I've got rid of my depression, took a long ass fucking time tho but I'm a bit the same as you, every few weeks or even months I'll just have this day where I go back to my previous state and so much worse, I cry for hours, I feel like nothing matters anymore and I just want to die

Next day everything is fine again and I carry on, it's better than continuously being sad and just wishing for it to end but it still sucks
>>
>>66515695

I sit around a lot suffering in solitude but I never bother anyone about it.

I've left my friends and family and just kind of sit alone in pain all day. Physical, not emotional.

I'm not depressed and feel like a relatively happy person still despite this.

It's just a new part of my life. Constant pain. But I don't bother anyone or complain.
>>
Makes my blood boil. Nearly every person on my paternal line has been fucked by bipolar, what's worse is they're all super intelligent. They all seem to start in great careers in all fields then in their mid to late twenties just drop the fuck out.

It's sad to see these people who can't even leave their house, don't move and just piss in bottles for months at a time that would just waste away if others didn't check in on them. Then to go to university and have to deal with
>wah me cat died and my psychiatrist said I'm depressed give me centy

I'm stuck hoping like hell I'm not another time bomb whilst older siblings start to show signs.
>>
>increasing prevalence

Yes. It's because of the mental health industry pushing the boundaries of the definition of mental health problems to a ridiculous degree in order to make money off treatments and pills.

The parents are also to blame considering that they don't actually want to spend time with their children and help them with their problems, probably because they are working too much to pay off a mortgage, massive credit card debt or some other ridiculous amount of money to try to project that they are living a middle class life.

>lifting and hitting the books

Western countries have removed the value of hard work. It isn't about busting your ass reading textbooks, it's about having the exams/assignments for the past 10 years. Hitting the gym is pointless too as girls don't give a shit about how much you bench, they care about how much you earn which is directly related to your connections or work experience which isn't about how much you work these days.

Maybe if society became more fair and people actually had control of their lives these days, then you would see people able to take their lives in their own hands and work off depression or anxiety or any other overdiagnosed 'mental health' problem.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.