[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Law student sues school for not gaining employment after graduation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 07DBLAW-master675.jpg (139 KB, 675x521) Image search: [Google]
07DBLAW-master675.jpg
139 KB, 675x521
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/07/business/dealbook/court-to-hear-suit-accusing-law-school-of-inflating-job-data.html
>>
>>66505070
why would anyone want to hire a fat ugly entitled woman?
>>
>>66505070
The suit isn't about "i graduated i'm entitled to a job" it's about law schools lying about their post graduation placement rates.
it's actually pretty common and obviously illegal.
>>
>>66505070
I hope she wins. All schools inflate this shit, especially law schools. Any education costs r crazy.
>>
>>66505070
Read this as the law school sues the student for not finding a job and keked.
>>
>>66505070
It's kind of ridiculous though considering a lot can change in the span of the 4-5 years or whatever that you're in school.
Like where I live 4 years ago it was booming and it wouldn't surprise me if nearly every degree, diploma, etc. program had 90%+ employment rates, but now most of them will be like 10-20% since there's just no jobs.
>>
File: 1447896366978.png (271 KB, 655x653) Image search: [Google]
1447896366978.png
271 KB, 655x653
>I haven't gone to college
>Someone I know has
>I get jobs over them because their degree doesn't make them any more qualified and the company is afraid that they will be more entitled than I will
>Literally paying money for a LOWER chance to get a job
>>
>>66505070
>The suit isn't about "i graduated i'm entitled to a job" it's about law schools lying about their post graduation placement rates.
>it's actually pretty common and obviously illegal.
my school is offering an engineering BS that isn't even accredited but they aren't telling the students that.

I've been trying to work them up into suing the school
>>
>>66505070
>be american
>get sued
>>
>>66504214
Let's be honest, if you were on deep shit would you want a woman defending you? I would find the most hooknosed Jew in the county.
>>
File: 1456962758002.jpg (295 KB, 884x902) Image search: [Google]
1456962758002.jpg
295 KB, 884x902
>>66505070
>tfw fell for the BA meme and basically have to go to law school in order to earn a middle class salary

Just kill me.
>>
>>66506394
If you want to study law without at least going for a Master's degree you might as well fucking not.
>>
>>66505070
Someone let her know facial abuse is always hiring. She looks in need of a good throat fucking and some verbal humiliation.
>>
>>66505892
I knew someone in that position. Employers always get terrified of people with bachelors degrees or higher because once you get that 6-12 months of experience your advancement just goes into overdrive and it means they'll have to shovel over more money or you leave.

One alternative, although illegal, is to get both a degree and a diploma in the same subject. For example if you want to be a chemist you should get a B.Sc. in chemistry and a diploma in chemical technology. Lie and say you don't have the B.Sc., get the work experience using your diploma, then fuck the system and start using your B.Sc. to really advance your career.
It's kind of a way of getting around shitty unpaid internships and sucking cock to get minimum wage intro jobs and such. If you get caught lying about what degrees you have it is technically illegal though.
>>
>>66506706
pretty good idea, canada bro. very jewish, but a good idea nonetheless.
>>
>graduates from law school
>needs to hire a lawyer for her trial
I think I know why she doesn't have a job
>>
>>66507001
kek
You'd think she'd do that for publicity and then watch as she gets a bunch of job offers from the reputation she'd get from that
>>
>>66507001
Lawyers hire lawyers all the time. Believe me, defending yourself is a bad idea 100% of the time, and hiring a lawyer that is worse than you at your job is still a better idea than defending yourself.
>>
>>66505070
Read til the very bottom of the article.

I was in support of her until I realized she turned down a full-time position because it doesn't pay well enough. Ten years later, she realizes she's can only land part-time gigs because she was too good to climb the corporate ladder like everyone else.

>WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD JOBS GONE!?
>>
>>66507001
>>66507143

"The man who defends himself has a fool for a client".
>>
>>66507143
>>66507584
Except in this case she's not the defendant
>>
>>66507163

Well you have monthly loan payments you have to make, you can't afford jobs below a certain income level.
>>
>>66505572
Ya law schools are a big one when it comes to this bullshit. We have way too many lawyers and not enough stupid lawsuits to go around. There was a guy that made a scholarship to get people out of law school even.
>>
Experience > Diploma.

Work for free if you have to. I've seen a lot of freelancers work for free or for jack shit.
>>
Is that ASMR Requests?
>>
>>66505966
What school is this? I know UC Merced did this shit for a while.
>>
>>66508148
Then you shouldn't go into a field where you aren't guaranteed a job right when you leave school

A very large number of degrees don't gaurentee you a job as soon as you leave school, or at least not a high salary job
>>
>>66509170

That's the entire point of the lawsuit you dummy. The schools misled students by distorting employment figures.

t. lawfag
>>
>>66506706
>One alternative, although illegal, is to get both a degree and a diploma in the same subject.

What's the difference? Also, leaving shit off your resume is not illegal in countries that matter.
>>
>>66508673
Yeah, she should have practiced law without getting a JD and without passing the bar.

Turn your proxy off, Australia.
>>
>>66509280
It's illegal to lie about education I believe. It's illegal in the US and Canada anyway I think.

The difference is a lower degree makes you more employable. Employers want high employee retention and low wages. If you have a bachelors degree, but the job could be done by someone with a diploma, they'll hire the one with the diploma since it's a safer bet that they will stay with the company and not request as many raises.

Often new grads find that no company will hire them because they have no experience, but to get experience you have to work for free or really low wages. But job opportunities just explode once you get past that initial speed bump. The problem is employers know this so people with bachelors degrees or higher are less employable since the freedom they have in the job market grows significantly quicker than those with a diploma.
An employer will only higher you if they have the capability to handle your continued education and experience. Like if they have no need for people with masters or phd's they will consider you a risk since you have that option. Someone with a diploma has to go through a longer process to get that far so they are less of a risk.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.