[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It must be really shit to live in America and I genuinely feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: SCOTLAND FOREVER.png (1 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
SCOTLAND FOREVER.png
1 KB, 290x174
It must be really shit to live in America and I genuinely feel sorry for all Americans.

You have to pay a shit cunt fucking lot of money for further education. You gotta pay for medical insurance and treatment costs. Everyone fat af. You literally walk out the front door and get shot. Or go to school and get shot.

:/
>>
>>66471321

its not their fault their standard of living is so low, they are the ones stupid enough to vote for politicians who will suck corporate dick or whine about "muh jesus" rather than work for their people.

but i am sure the veil of freedom that their guns give them helps them pretend they are not one of the most cucked nations on earth.
>>
>>66471658
yea it's totally not their fault, that's why I feel sorry for them

they haven't really had much choice though, you get fucked if you don't do it their way
>>
>>66471942

so do you really think the presidential election will make a difference?

i think they put too much stock in the idea of massive changes from trump or sanders because they won't change anything.

i suppose the fact they live in a desperate situation will make them gullible enough to believe it though.
>>
File: 1440272928652.jpg (16 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1440272928652.jpg
16 KB, 255x200
>>66471321

>Its not the same in Scotland
>"free" education isn't laughable
>"nhs" isn't a death trap
>scotlands health isn't atrocious
>go to school, don't get stabbed

2/10, and that's coming from a fellow Scotsman.
>>
>>66472257
Bernie gon change everything if he gets in power. But if that happens, the Jews will control the American Government and Hollywood.

#NWO2020
>>
>>66472331
I feel bad for not knowing if this is bait or not

Do you literally not know anything?
>>
File: 1440693086602.png (672 KB, 584x553) Image search: [Google]
1440693086602.png
672 KB, 584x553
>>66472611

I could say the same thing to you.

Our education system is beyond a joke, I ended up having to go the "industry recognised" route due to the sqa and their ever dropping standards, I had to pay for the only decent certificate I got.

If you've ever been to a private hospital you would know why bragging about our NHS isn't the smartest move, its filthy, slow and full of incompetent twats.

Glasgow was at one point and probably still is the heart attack capitol of Europe.

Getting stabbed in inner city areas is a genuine concern if you have a brain in your head, personally I'd rather get shot to death than stabbed, though I take it you're an expert on this subject and probably know better.

I take it you're an SNP voter? you seem like one.
>>
>>66473162
There is a clear margin in the standard of life area makes then. Where the fuck are you where this happens? I went straight from 6th year to a full time uni course which was paid for by SAAS.

Like holy shit, the best thing about Scotland is its education. I bet you dropped out and made no effort.

And nope, I don't vote in local elections and I voted no.
>>
>>66473162
>hating the sqa

Someone's mad they didn't get 5 As
>>
>>66471321
>af
>literally

Sickening
>>
>>66473697

>I got straight into uni
>after 6th year

Toppest of keks m8. Look at the figures, our education standards are beyond a joke, everybody needs to get their trophy degree.

As for not applying myself, I think you'll find most uni's base their 3rd and 4th year networking courses on the CCNA, something I already had when I signed up for uni, that's just unacceptable.
>>
>>66474060
you're the kind of person no one understands

you're -THAT- level of autism
>>
>>66473162

>Our education system is beyond a joke, I ended up having to go the "industry recognised" route due to the sqa and their ever dropping standards, I had to pay for the only decent certificate I got.

and yet my kid is going to get a chance to study law at st andrews now when i could never have afforded it before.

>If you've ever been to a private hospital you would know why bragging about our NHS isn't the smartest move, its filthy, slow and full of incompetent twats

firstly most private hospitals are shared with the nhs i would point out that if you have ever paid prem,iums for private healthcare in the us you wouldn't find them so lovely.

>Glasgow was at one point and probably still is the heart attack capitol of Europe.

which appears to be a health complain brought about by overactive immune systems caused by living in cramped tenements and passed down to new generations.

>Getting stabbed in inner city areas is a genuine concern if you have a brain in your head, personally I'd rather get shot to death than stabbed, though I take it you're an expert on this subject and probably know better.

as someone who has recieved both i can state that you don't know what you are talking about. i spent less time in hospital, less time being rehabbed and had less problems with infection from my stab would to the gut than my bullet wound to the thigh.

>I take it you're an SNP voter? you seem like one.

irrelevant, i am a labour supporter, my mum is a lib dem and my dad is a tory and we all agree on this.
>>
On the other hand I'm in great health, can easily learn from the wealth of free knowledge available through the internet and libraries, material comforts are cheap, and when all is said and done I am proud of my cultural background.

Yeah the ship is going down now but I know I got my time in when it was good.

Living in the US is pretty chill, though international travel is even more chill.
>>
>>66473849

>be on 3rd year networking course
>people cant connect 2 computers together
>they don't know their way around the inside of a computer

I have every right to think the sqa is a joke, too busy funding sports science and travel and tourism courses to spend money on real subjects.
>>
>>66474157
So what, you couldn't take the course because you already had that?
>>
>>66474467
okay, I'm on my second trimester for my first year of a 4 year networked systems engineering course, and it's already quite far in. The fuck were you studying?
>>
>>66474492

No, it was a waste of time and money. also see>>66474467
>>
>>66474421
No mate, just leave the Brits to argue amongst themselves.
Your the only American poster in here
>>
>>66474166
L I T E R A L L Y
>>66472611
>>
File: 1351191658490.jpg (21 KB, 303x321) Image search: [Google]
1351191658490.jpg
21 KB, 303x321
>>66474625
>I'm on my second trimester

heheheheh
>>
>>66471321

http://news.sky.com/story/372608/scotland-most-violent-in-developed-world

>Scotland has been named the most violent country in the developed world. A United Nations report claims more than 2,000 Scots are assaulted every week - almost 10 times official police figures.

>The study - which does not include figures for murder, muggings or sexual assaults - claims that together, England and Wales are the second most dangerous countries.

Lets not throw stones...
>>
>>66474959
>posts news article from 11 years ago
>"im doin lawyer stuffs daaad"

u tried
>>
>>66475185
>http://news.sky.com/story/372608/scotland-most-violent-in-developed-world

I seen it was 2005 but it didnt seem that long ago...11 years ago? where the fuck has the time gone.
>>
>>66475254
people don't say life is short for no reason son
>>
File: 1424077224757.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1424077224757.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>66471321
I've always thought the same about the UK. It sounds rainy, crime ridden, ethnically impure and miserable.

Apparently the food is gross both takeaway, restaurant and cuisine wise. The women are all promiscuous slags and the society gets more multiracial as time goes on.

Don't you like warm sunny days? I know I do. I'd never move to somewhere rainy, miserable and depressing.
>>
>>66475495
>life is short for no reason son

I never got this saying. To short as oppose to what? Life is the longest thing you literally do.
>>
>>66475533
>Apparently the food in London is gross both takeaway, restaurant and cuisine wise

ftfy
>>
>>66475533
it's actually real nice in Scotland
>>
>>66475533

so basically

>its rainy
>people say the food is bad
> i enjoy stereotypes without basis in fact.

not compelling.
>>
>>66475606
What? Life is short, meaning that it goes by quickly. How do you not get that?
>>
Scotland complaining about someone being fat?

Tell me, are there any foods you don't deem it appropriate to batter.

Also, the fact Buckfast exists points to an overall lack of intellect north of the boarder.
>>
File: reality.png (454 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
reality.png
454 KB, 500x562
>>66471321
>It must be really shit to live in America and I genuinely feel sorry for all Americans.
>>
>>66475738
Shame the SNP want to ruin it
>>
>>66475690
>>66475738
>>66475770
Definitely in comparison to Australia the weather is freezing, house sizes are small, you have less access to fresh foods than we do and your cuisine is oily, draconian and stale. No thanks.

Also your culture varies on where you go but the class system is hilarious. Not only that but UnitedKucks go from awkward to awkwardly aggressive.

No thanks.
>>
>>66475899
yea well I'm having a real nice time here. my education is completely free and we get SAAS loans just for being a student. thx English tax payers ;-)
>>
>>66471321
>Scotland whines about secession
>Doesn't secede because they are a nation of welfare addicts
>what now
>I know, let's make up disapproval of America!
>>
>>66476231
holy fuck, oh my fucki

I'm ONE person telling the truth about stupid American stuff.

It's okay tho, ur american education costed too much 4 u
>>
>>66471321
Weird. I haven't had any of those problems.

>never been shot
>low heath insurance costs and good insurance from my employer
>currently enrolled in a top 20 worldwide school (we have a lot of those here. Cambridge is nice and all, but it's pretty much the only decent University in Britain)
>school is footing the bill for me to attend
>get money from scholarships, so I'm actually getting paid to go

How sour are those grapes of yours, Nigel? The image you get of Americans is about as accurate and evenly spread as the images of chavs we get from Britain. The only thing that you said that holds water is our disgusting obesity rate, and you're right behind us there, so I wouldn't get too excited.
>>
>>66476119

cuisine is varied.

class system you got me on that
weather is colder than oz, got me on that too.

>unitedcucks

oh someone is confusing a large political entity for a seperate culture within it, nice try but thats an f.

>>66476231

thanks ameribro for re-enforcing the idea that america knows nothing of the outside world.
>>
>>66476502
Oh. How easy or hard is it to obtain a scholarship? Is it just funding for your university tuition fees?
>>
>>66476119
Yeah. Shit food. Shit weather.

0 animals that hide in your fucking shoes or toilet and kill you. Also, you could decide not to have the Queen any more. We wouldn't stop you. We might even respect you. Until then you will forever be convict island.
>>
>>66471321
never feel sorry for someone who barely knows of your existence
>>
>>66476738
Scholarships are often painted as difficult to obtain, but they really aren't. I have about five form essays I copy and paste into the applications, making a few minor changes to fit specific requirements. Many scholarships don't even receive applications, so basically all you have to do is sign up for them. The thing is, most people are simply too lazy to do it.

As far as school, I go to the university of Washington, which has some of the lowest tuition rates around. On top of their already low rates, they also offer a program to pay tuition for students "in need." Basically, all I did was cut my work hours back so I make under $30,000 a year - which I would have had to do anyways to get decent grades - and they take all my grant money ("free" college money that most students get paid towards their tuition, disbursed based on income) and don't charge me anything else. All I have to pay for is books. All in all, it's a pretty sweet deal, especially given that my gf is paying all the bills for me.
>>
>>66476738
Oh, sorry, I missed the second part of your question. Scholarship money goes directly to the student, for use with any "school related" expenses. It's a very broad definition that allows me to use it to pay for food, my phone, my motorcycle, and any other bills I may have. All the income I make at work is disposable.
>>
>>66478272
woah you're in basically the same position I'm in

sorry 'murca

abort thread
>>
>You have to pay a shit cunt fucking lot of money for further education
I'll give you this one, but tons of scholarships for the brightest.
>You gotta pay for medical insurance and treatment costs
Only if you're unemployed. Also, what's your income tax percentage?
>Everyone fat af
You're not too far behind.
>You literally walk out the front door and get shot
Only if you live in Detroit, Chicago, Oakland, West Palm Beach or Brooklyn. Everywhere else you can at least walk a block before getting shot.

Eh, it's not the best nation to live in, but it sure hell beats a lot of other nations.
>>
>>66471321
This is why we don't want you Scotland.
You're not even a real country lmao
>>
File: Shit eating grin.png (2 MB, 1395x727) Image search: [Google]
Shit eating grin.png
2 MB, 1395x727
>>66473162
Being stabbed to death is cooler than being shot to death [spoiler]f a m[/spoiler]
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.