[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>40k people commit suicide per year in the USA >20k of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: suicide-gun-point-man.jpg (51 KB, 507x337) Image search: [Google]
suicide-gun-point-man.jpg
51 KB, 507x337
>40k people commit suicide per year in the USA
>20k of those 40k are done with with guns.

Why do anti-gunners only care about 50% of all people that committed suicide? Is suicide with a gun worse than suicide with a rope or a jumping in front of a train?

Even if restricting guns would decrease suicide by gun, would they just ignore the increase in other types of suicide?

How fucking hypocritical is this shit /pol/?
>>
>banning guns will stop suicide
>>
>>66457859
Well, yeah, it would stop GUN suicide. But it would increase other forms of suicide since a suicidal person will just use another thing to kill itself.

Happened here in Switzerland when the army recalled the free ammo that they used to give.
>>
muh gun violence buzzword
>>
Stopping guns means that committing suicide is harder, as most other forms of suicide are pretty painful or hard. Obviously people are going to commit suicide, shit happens. But taking away the easiest way to do it will severely reduce suicide rates
>>
>>66458841
>jumping in front of a train is hard
>drinking a glass full of cyanide is hard
>jumping off a big building is hard
>obtaining a gun illegally is hard
>attacking a cop with a weapon and getting shot is hard
>>
They don't give a shit about suicide. Its just another number they can use to push their anti-gun agenda.
>>
>>66457754
Liberals hate facts when trying to argue, they will ignore or misconstrue anything because muh childrens and muh evil whitie.
>>
File: 577144.jpg (46 KB, 367x417) Image search: [Google]
577144.jpg
46 KB, 367x417
>>
>>66458841
Such a retarded way to go about it though. They need to work on the causes of suicide rather than somewhat limiting one particular method of it.
>>
Who cares? If someone wants to commit suicide let them. It's their body.
>>
File: 1452550765667.jpg (36 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1452550765667.jpg
36 KB, 245x245
A single action won't fire with the hammer in that position
>>
>>66459447
nothing is going to stop a planned sucide but many people that commit suicide only end up doing so because they have easy access to a way to kill themselves, many are also put of by means that are considered painful/scary like jumping from a building or in front of a train
>>
File: america violent crime2.jpg (364 KB, 800x865) Image search: [Google]
america violent crime2.jpg
364 KB, 800x865
>>66459666
Guess we should legalise murder, arson, robbery and rape.
>>
>>66460247
it's a lot easier to pop a whole lot of pills into your mouth than it is to get a gun and shoot yourself ban assault meds
>>
>>66459447
All of those things are harder to do than pull a trigger.
>>
>>66457754

if i had a gun id be dead already

im grateful that i dont because i know i couldnt control myself.

Depression sucks.
>>
>>66458841
Take a massive heroin overdose. Easy and painless.
>>
>you can halve the suicide rate of the entire nation by banning one thing that isn't even needed by most people
>b-but you have to do it perfectly! y-you don't care if it isn't 100%

kek what a dumb thread
>>
>>66457754
It's retarded dude.
Try not to think about it.
>>
>>66460771
>one thing that isn't even needed by most people
What a cuckold mentality. I hope your wife gets raped at gunpoint while you are forced to watch.
>>
>>66458108
No it wouldn't even stop gun suicide.
Banning guns does nothing.
If people want a gun, believe me, they will get a gun regardless of laws.
>>
Its not about stopping gun suicide, as that is impossible, its about making it a lot harder so people cant commit suicide on impulse.
>>
Guns are an effective means to and end. Since liberals have pretty much destroyed what was the greatest country in the history of the planet, we might as well give people an effective means to their end.
>>
>>66461258
People should be allowed to end their lives whenever they want.
>>
reminder suicide rates didn't go down when australia banned guns since shockingly enough if you're so miserable you would blow your brains out you'll find some other way
>>
>>66460415
Something something 40% of violent crime commited by 16% of the population
>>
>>66461487
Black people.
>>
>>66460974
>at gunpoint
how would that happen when there's no guns? :^)
>>
File: 1453417111017.png (116 KB, 277x360) Image search: [Google]
1453417111017.png
116 KB, 277x360
>>66457754
I think the general outlook of anti-gunners is that in 90% of documented cases of attempted suicide, it was noted that they regretted their decision almost immediately.

So while you can survive a swan dive off of a tall bridge, or whatever gruesome fate you might manage that you think might be decently fast, the numbers say that, odds are, the moment you engage in it, you're going to change your mind about it.

Guns don't let you do that. Once you pull the trigger, your odds of coming out of that scenario alive are extremely low.

I don't think that's a firm argument for anti-gunners, but I can see why they'd give a shit about people offing themselves with guns.
>>
>>66460247
The easiest, foolproof and painless method is a phone call away or you can even DIY.

Purchasing a gun, getting a permit, etc is slightly harder and you can actually survive the shot , even if you later die of internal bleeding. It's also scarier to put a gun in your mouth.
>>
>>66457754
Leftists don't care about ANY of the people who commit suicide, nor in fact any of the people who are murdered, they care about disarming you because it is a right that you hold for the specific purpose of averting tyranny and the domination of the State, which is their ultimate purpose.

This is your daily reminder that there is no such thing as Left Libertarianism, ane that all Leftists, regardless of their professed beliefs, ARE totalitarian because their ideology is inherently coercive.

They have no interest in making anyone safer, they fear and despise you for wanting the tools to resist tyranny.
>>
>>66460415
A certain % of the country does not follow laws
If the point of gun control is to stop criminals from using guns it is pointless
If it is to disarm the law abiding general public it is effective
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 294x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 294x312
>>66461653

>black
>people

Pick one
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 720x540
>>66457754
Based Swissposting. Keep up the good work.
>>
>>66461911
>Leftists don't care about ANY of the people who commit suicide/are murdered
That's not true. All of those people are still voters to them, and that's super important.
>>
Can't even participate in thread. Too busy wondering how he's gonna pull the trigger when the hammer's up on a single action pistol.
>>
>>66457754
>caring about faggots who commit suicide

i hate when they half-ass it for attention. if you wanted to die you would hang yourself with a slipknot using an extension cord, not take 7 advil and drink 2 shots of rum. it's not difficult.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.