[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why exactly is "Politically Correct" so bad? It isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 444x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 444x319
Why exactly is "Politically Correct" so bad? It isn't about stopping the conversation, just making sure everyone in the conversation is comfortable.

Why are we against PC again?
>>
>>66444401
>everyone in the conversation is comfortable
What about us? If they don't give a shit about how we feel why should we care about how they feel?
>>
because it's irl shitposting
>>
>>66444401
Nothing wrong with stopping the conversation just making sure everyone in the conversation is comfortable.
PC these days is about censoring any elements of discourse that may potentially be objectionable to a nebulous and ill defined demographic.
>>
>>66444401
The problem is that you cannot define what is and is not offensive. Any thing or idea can be offensive to someone someway.

The only logical solution is to focus on intent, rather than subjective meaning.

Political correctness only serves to restrict open discourse.
>>
>>66444401
>It isn't about stopping the conversation,

Yes, it is.
>>
>>66444401
Polices thought.
>>
File: political correctness.jpg (89 KB, 554x232) Image search: [Google]
political correctness.jpg
89 KB, 554x232
>>66444401
>no-one should be allowed to say things I don't want to hear
>what's the problem with this?
>>
>>66444401
Do you still call for mommy to wipe your as after you shit?
>>
because it is a slippery slope. the slippery slope is not a fallacy, it's real and has always existed.

if you claim X is offensive thus can no longer be said, there is nothing stopping someone else from saying ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWYZ is also offensive thus must be banned. the entire logic behind it is "just do it because I said so", so anyone can just ban anything they want because there never was a good reason behind. just dumb bullshit that could be said about anything

people seem to have forgotten that giving an inch means they will take a mile.
>>
File: 1456383668706.png (22 KB, 267x320) Image search: [Google]
1456383668706.png
22 KB, 267x320
You've got it wrong, its making sure everyone is comfortable AT THE EXPENSE of whites.
>>
>>66444401
Because it has turned our great nation into one big fucking pussy.
>>
>>66444401
Horseshit. Political correctness is about silencing any political opposition to the Frankfurt School agenda. It's 1984 come to life.
>>
Because it doesn’t place empiricism and logic above emotion, particularly in an academic and work environment where presumably important work meant to advance human civilization is being undertaken. Really socialization and learning how to interact with others is supposed to take place at a very young age. I suppose it’s never too late to learn things but generally if you’re a douche in college you’re probably going to remain a douche no matter what some hairy lipped lesbian professor tries to indoctrinate you with.
>>
Who defines what's "correct"? Why do they get to make such decisions?
>>
>>66444603
This tbqh
>>
>>66444401
sage
>>
>>66445178

This. I got ran out of a college for supporting peoples' ability to vote on things like segregation. I even said I probably wouldn't vote on something like that, but people should have the right.

Still came after me like a swarm of beta retards.
>>
>>66444401
Sometimes, no matter how you phrase something, some people will STILL get their panties in a bunch.

In this case, "Political Correctness" has the opposite effect: instead of participating in the conversation like grown people, the people who yell "that's not PC" are actually trying to shut the discussion down because they don't like it.

This is unacceptable.

Changing your words/tone without changing your message can be helpful. However, contemporary "political correctness" is far more malicious than you might think.
>>
This is the most based article on political correctness you'll ever read:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/261991/what-campus-crybully-wars-are-really-about-daniel-greenfield
>>
>>66444401
Because it has a double standard.

It is politically correct to shit on white people or straight people, but everyone else is a no no.
>>
File: 1445168832224.jpg (493 KB, 1256x1028) Image search: [Google]
1445168832224.jpg
493 KB, 1256x1028
>>66444401
political correctness is a sham, if it was correct it would just be correctness

off the hop you should know somethings fucked

its just part of the marxist jewish communist plot in order to instill censorship and perpetuate white genocide and the destabilization of the west through mass immigration
>>
>>66444401
Because it usually becomes "whitey's voice doesn't count so you don't get to talk, honkey".
>>
>>66445811
There are tons of Jews that are conservative and against political correctness. You have a confirmation bias that only recognizes the examples that support your anti-Semitic world view.
>>
>>66444401
>It isn't about stopping the conversation

Yes it is. That's the problem.

The PC narrative puts all the power in the hands of the "offended". There are now established rules, just that if someone is offended, they are right. But ONLY if they are left wing.
>>
>>66444401
Political Correctness was always about taking something that is correct, and saying its incorrect because its not politically useful or is politically useful to someone else.

Ex: Don't bring up crime statistics by race that's racist! (because it provides ammunition to racists).

It has always been about restricting thought within the left until it became the mono-thought culture that it is today (in the rich western countries).

Now they are trying to expand it to common discourse but it became diluted and most people are slowly running out of fucks to give.
>>
Nobody hates ghetto niggers more than law-abiding blacks who work for a living.
Nobody hates flamboyant militant faggots more than conservative gays.
Nobody hates commie jews more than right-wing jews.
>>
>>66444401
anything the liberal media doesnt like gets shut down
>>
File: jewtears.jpg (10 KB, 206x244) Image search: [Google]
jewtears.jpg
10 KB, 206x244
>>66446018
ya, they're called hypocritical israelis, like chuck schumer or diane feinstein who vote for no immigration into israel but immigration in america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k5K-o52mI8

i understand their position, they want to weaken the west and strengthen israel so they are in control, its a nice position to have for any race, and as of right now whites are just rolling over, but in the end it is right for whites to dismantle jewish control and regain control of their homelands

dog eat dog world
>>
Political correctness is a self-righteous system that relys on using semantics to avoid really dealing with a problem.
>If a statement is true but politically incorrect
>or a statement is politically correct but not based in fact
What is really correct about political correctness?
>>
File: itsover.jpg (14 KB, 234x216) Image search: [Google]
itsover.jpg
14 KB, 234x216
>>66447495
>What is really correct about political correctness?

nothing, hence why they had to make the term, if it was correct it would just be correctness

it's basically their way of pissing on your leg and telling you its raining
>>
>>66444401
PC culture makes me uncomfortable. To make sure I'm comfortable in the conversation you need to be politically incorrect.
>>
>PC is similar to niceness in that it exists to limit respectable discourse and thus to protect the existing social order from excessively severe attacks. That is where the resemblance, I’m afraid, really ends.

>For where niceness is concerned with protecting a social order concerned with community, PC is concerned with protecting a social order that is explicitly anti-community (indeed, one that parcels up community into competing and hostile groups, some of which are entitled to PC protection and others subject to explicitly PC nastiness). Both require conformity to socially-established norms but order these norms toward different ends. The order which niceness seeks is fundamentally cooperative, communitarian, and traditional; it is pious and humble. Political correctness seeks an order that is noncooperative, individualistic, and revolutionarily novel as a matter of principle. It regards desecration and shock as a means to that end.
PC is therefore a direct competitor to mere niceness; both seek the protection of a social order, but the social orders they envision are irreconcilable. Niceness has no interest in protecting the manifold absurdities of modern liberal society. Political correctness has no interest in what it sees as the stultifying, arbitrary, and suffocating rules of traditional society.
>>
>>66444797
This. I can't believe you fags don't get this
>>
>>66448150
>PC also reacts in comparatively more severe ways to violations of its sanctions than do the merely kind. Because kindness is simply a disposition whereas PC is an institutionalized ideology, violations of the former are treated with, at worst, coldness and avoidance where violations of the latter are subject to often quite devastating and disproportionate retaliation. PC is therefore far more overtly coercive than mere niceness.

>It goes without saying that, while both niceness and PC proscribe certain behaviors and manners of speech, PC’s scope is comparatively limited; it protects with greater intensity many fewer people (and does not because they are people but because they belong to the groups they do), where niceness protects everyone. Niceness prohibits meanness; PC prohibits insensitivity.
>>
>>66444401

Because it is, in fact, about stopping the conversation
>>
>>66444401
>just making sure everyone in the conversation is comfortable.
If you stay comfortable your whole life you'll have stayed in your mother's womb as an unintelligent life form wholly dependent on someone else
>>
>>66444444
nice

>>66447495
whatever the left says
>>
>>66444401
Other peoples' comfort isn't more important than my right to say whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>66444401

truth is more important than comfort

plus, "politically correct" is uncomfortable for a lot of people

your standard is arbitrary and wrong, based on "muh feelings". fuck off
>>
>>66446949
Why would they want to weaken the West when the West is supporting the Jewish state? Israel needs America, and it particularly needs it to not become too left-wing or isolationist. Schumer and Feinstein as liberals, not conservatives. I’m talking about people like Ben Shapiro, or Michael Medved, or David Horowitz, Bret Stephens, etc. These are not supporters of political correctness. Many conservative Jews do not support the commies on college campuses. We’re not a monolithic group out to get the white race. A lot of us see ourselves as part of western civilization and are terrified of the the importation of the 3rd world hordes.
>>
>>66444401
Because comfort doesn't matter in discourse.
>>
>>66444401
>just making sure everyone in the conversation is comfortable.

Which automatically denies the use of facts and the truth in many instances. How is that a good thing?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.