[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Idiocracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Flip-Flops_socks.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1328) Image search: [Google]
Flip-Flops_socks.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1328
New SAT

"no penalty for guessing" "optional essay"

Standardized dumbing down. Remember this when you lying helpless in an obamacare clinic and the diversified-assistant-vocational-medical-technician doesn't remember the details of you oxygen tank settings.

http://www.today.com/video/today-anchors-try-out-the-new-sat-test-637647939772
>>
>>66429883
The GRE and MCAT don't punish you for guessing. I'm not sure about the LSAT
>>
>>66429883
Went from 5 choices down to 4 per question on multiple choice.

Vocabulary isn't as emphasized anymore either.
>>
>>66429883
Are you defending standardized testing?
>>
Eh, people don't need that shit. I have a college degree and can't do algebra, cheated through every class. Why teach shit that people don't need like math or essay writing? People need jobs and some bullshit they don't even need, like higher math, is pointless.
Honestly unless you are a mathematician there is no reason to even know calculates, I don't even know what trig and calculas look like
>>
>>66430118

Standardised testing is god tier for weeding out the bottom half of the population but not for differentiating between most of the top half.
>>
i wonder if the content has been changed to meet todays "diversification"? gender neutral words like "xe". safe space for "tough" questions.
>>
>>66430163

People like you will be those people who live in formerly industrialised areas and butthurt over the fact that in 2050 there are barely any jobs left where you can hit a rock with a hammer.
>>
>>66430258
Nah, gonna vote democratic and just live on handouts
>>
New SAT is slight work. Took it yesterday. 10x easier than the old one I took in November. Only bullshit was those questions that ask "which option gives reason for your answer in the previous question" (turned 18 in December suck a dick)
>>
>>66430163
...wow
>>
>>66430163
>Why teach shit that people don't need like math or essay writing?

uhhhh why don't you just go get me a medium number 2 right now? hold the ice in the coke
>>
No penalty for guessing? Wtf? That was how dumb you knew kids and teachers were.

I remember trying to explain if you can eliminate one answer out of 5 you should guess as the cost/benefit ratio was in your favor. Teacher was even confused about was I was talking about.
>>
>tfw never took the SAT
>still have college degree and good job
Suck it normies
>>
>>66431487
woah woah woah
he's not allowed on the register you know that
you roder from the robot like everyone else
his job is just to carry the food from the robot to the counter and call out the number.
and he is still being outperformed by the illegals working there.
>>
>>66429883
SAT is an absolutely useless test.
>>
File: en tiedä.jpg (7 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
en tiedä.jpg
7 KB, 142x142
Slightly related but I took exam few days back and it had question which would have required ridiculous amount of rote memorization. I replied
>you check the documentation for requirements and create the program accordingly

Not proud of myself, but at least someone is getting laughs at faculty. Maybe I get +1 for thinking bit outside box.
>>
Standardized college exams should be done away with.

colleges and universities should have their own unique entrance exam.

all the public colleges/universities of a state would use the same exam. though your score would determine which of the state's public schools you could attend.

yale, harvard, and other legit private schools would have their own unique tests.

all entrance exams should be done on a computer.
>>
>>66431928
The SAT, at least how it used to be, is highly correlated with IQ and overall success in life

Of course, I can't help but think the recent changes they've made (adding a bullshit grammar/writing section, essay, getting rid of penalizing for guessing) are there to make the less SAT less about aptitude and to make it less correlated with IQ so that blacks do better artificially.
>>
The SAT never "punished for guessing". The instructions actually tell you there is no penalty for wrong answers because your score counts up from the default of zero (or 100 actually) for each correct answer. You gain points for correct answers instead of losing points for wrong answers.

The essay was added ten years ago and universities don't even look at the score because it's mostly meaningless. Who cares if it's now optional? Most universities require essays as part of their application process anyway.
>>
I work in medical equipment sales. You have nothing to worry about, there will be no hardly any nurses/doctors in 20 years. Robots are the future of medicine
>>
>>66432991
I'm fairly certain it did.

The penalty for a wrong answer was some portion of the points awarded for a correct answer. It worked out such that if you could narrow a question down to two answers, it was to your advantage to guess. But if you were unable to narrow it down, it was not.

The specifics of what I say may be off, as I took the SAT long ago. But I'm fairly certain that a wrong answer cost you more than an unanswered question.
>>
>>66432991
You got 1 point for a correct answer and -1/4th a point for a wrong answer. This was to balance out random guessing.
>>
>>66433618
I believe it was -0.25 for an incorrect answer.
>>
>>66429883
>"no penalty for guessing"

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHHA

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAH
AHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.