[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Merkel vs Trump, Guardian comparison
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: 2A48485BOBZBKVZBV844896Q11.png (339 KB, 667x645) Image search: [Google]
2A48485BOBZBKVZBV844896Q11.png
339 KB, 667x645
Two major concepts define the West's political struggle: globalism, prominently represented by Angela Merkel; and “territorialism”, a view that Donald Trump represents.
At the core of the debate is the meaning of borders.

For Merkel, interconnectedness is what drives progress. For Trump, what is good and healthy is attributed to the natives and what is dangerous comes from outside.

Globalists want to manage the cross-border streams and minimise the disruptive character of borders to maximise the gains from connected markets and societies. Territorialists, by contrast, don’t believe in international and transnational institutions – they believe in national strength and power.

Territorialists believe jobs must be brought back, free trade agreement renegotiated because they are unfair to natives, and native companies such as Ford must be punished for investing abroad. They take the huge gains in prosperity, security and freedom of the last decades for granted. They fail to understand that those gains depend on massive investments of nation states in international order, and that globalisation is based on open societies and increasingly easy cross-border flows of goods, people and information.

For Merkel, open spaces and increased interaction across borders are a good thing. Open borders in Europe are “deeply in our interest”, she argues; no other country gains from those achievements “more than us.”

Governments need to start making a much stronger case for open borders and open societies if they want to retain the achievements of globalisation
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/06/donald-trump-angela-merkel-territorial-global-ulrich-speck
>>
I get that Merkel desperately wants arab men to pound her cunt, but she doesn't need to destroy Germany to get that.

She could just go on vacation like a normal person.
>>
>>66428178
First post best post.

Territorialism is a synonym for something isn't it? First time ever hearing it used.
>>
>>66426463
>Open borders in Europe are “deeply in our interest”, she argues; no other country gains from those achievements “more than us.”
They don't even try to hide it anymore. Fucking globalist scum
>>
File: 1445952015900.jpg (160 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1445952015900.jpg
160 KB, 600x709
>>66426463
>Open borders in Europe are “deeply in our interest”, she argues; no other country gains from those achievements “more than us.”
and yet with closed borders we ruled the fucking world and completely dominated everyone else, culturally, technologically and militarily, you know what happened the last time Europe had open borders in the face of mass migration?
>the fucking western Roman Empire fell and left us in the dark ages for hundreds of years
>>
>>66426463

wasnt open borders among european countries enough?

i mean, i remember when i believed in a world without borders, must have been 9th grade.
>>
>>66428571
Pretty sure the roman empire told them to fuck off but the migrants came in anyway, like the goths, and the empire was too weak militarily to do anything about it.
>>
>>66426463

Wtf?

Bitch is scaring the shit out of everybody with her white genocide plan.
>>
>"Territorialism"

The Jews are even scared of the very word nationalism.
>>
File: 1445952272808.png (71 KB, 482x428) Image search: [Google]
1445952272808.png
71 KB, 482x428
>>66428819
so basically it's exactly the same except we have even less of a survival instinct
>>
Typical leftists:
>haha those cowardly trump supporters are ruled by fear
>OMG the idea of trump winning makes me feel TERRIFIED and IN DANGER
>>
File: 1399927193695.png (266 KB, 638x363) Image search: [Google]
1399927193695.png
266 KB, 638x363
>>66428832
I would like to remind everyone that what is occurring in Germany and Sweden falls under the Geneva Convention definition of genocide.

Merkel should be tried for treason and hung from a lamppost.
>>
>>66426463
>"the achievements of globalization"
>
>>
>>66426463
>how the world is divided between fear and openess
more like naivety and awareness
>>
>>66429092
noooooo, plz dont die white people your women are so pretty =(
>>
>>66429054
Almost as much as they fear the word "jew".
>>
File: 1451808175290.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1451808175290.gif
1 MB, 371x209
How has NOBODY attempted an assassination on this decrepit cunt?
>>
>openness
spread your legs, merkel, diversity is coming in you.
>>
Congrats to the USA.

The biggest man in US politics is the anti-Merkel, so sayeth the Guardian. A great, if unintended, compliment.
>>
>>66429425
What's confusing to me is why she hasn't tried to false-flag an assassination attempt. You'd think she would realize that if some "radical neo-Nazi" made a very public attempt against her, the population would be willing to put up with a lot more of the "refugees" and would crack down more on the right-wing.
>>
The only thing of note to pull from this article is that they speak of Trump as if he is already nominated and making policy, not just shouting out his opinions in debates still.

A small distinction, but a key one.
>>
>>66426463
Holy fuck literal civil wars breaking out across the western world soon just like they have in the middle east and these cucks will still say gloablisim is a grand old thing to aspire towards.
>>
So how does German Chancellorship even work?

Can Herr Merkel be replaced early?
When is the next election if any?
I would be unhappy if I was in any part of the EU.
>>
>>66426463
jews are behind on promoting new words. they cannot use something like communists anymore, so they made new word, globalism, and promote it as the good and right thing to do

fucking tricksters, they got nothing to back them up so they do whatever it takes to put people against each other inside countries, because otherwise all would come to know that the jewish banks are behind everything.

canada sold its gold and starts to print money to collapse the economy, because they are most likely to fall for the "globalist world best world(actually just communism)" thing

blood will flow for this if people fall for it
>>
>>66429720
Yeah it's pretty amazing. Shows how much of an influence Trump is already starting to have on the whole world.
>>
I swear to god these "Journalists" politcians and bureaucrats live on a different planet to us. Terrorists murdering people, rape gangs, mass assaults, murder, theft, arson, wide spread poverty and stagnate wages across the lower and middle income groups it just goes straight over their fucking heads. they are completely oblivious or unconcerned with the damage being caused. I hope everyone of them swing.
>>
>>66429792
>>66426463

>Governments need to start making a much stronger case for open borders and open societies if they want to retain the achievements of globalization

Isn't it interesting how, when people support globalist policies, it's "the will of the people," but when people oppose globalist policies, that's a sign that governments need to do more to convince the people that their will is actually wrong?
>>
>>66426463
>For Trump, what is good and healthy is attributed to the natives and what is dangerous comes from outside.
Sort of right, but it is true for all countries/cultures. The problems come from the mixing of very different countries/cultures.

>Globalists want to manage the cross-border streams and minimise the disruptive character of borders to maximise the gains from connected markets and societies
The don't want to manage them. Connected markets are fine, but connected societies lead to the problems mentioned above.

>Territorialists, by contrast, don’t believe in international and transnational institutions – they believe in national strength and power.
No, they believe in territorial and cultural integrity

>Territorialists believe jobs must be brought back, free trade agreement renegotiated because they are unfair to natives, and native companies such as Ford must be punished for investing abroad.
See what their trying to do here? By picking an American company, they're pretending as if this is a First World exclusive problem. It is in fact more of a problem for lesser developed societies.

>They take the huge gains in prosperity, security and freedom of the last decades for granted.
Prosperity from connected markets (good), not connected societies (bad). Security on a national level is from internal policies and from growing prosperity. Security on an international level is pretty much the same it's been for a while. Freedom, again, is based on internal policies. Freedom outside of nations is based on the internet in this day and age, and Merkel is against that.

>They fail to understand that those gains depend on massive investments of nation states in international order, and that globalisation is based on open societies and increasingly easy cross-border flows of goods, people and information.
The writer literally said earlier that the territorialists don't like globalisation, so why would they care?

The last bit is just meaningless bullshit
>>
>>66430539
>>66430457
you can have trade and security without having to have open borders with populations stampeding over each other for a piece of bread. In alot of ways having small independent economies is desirable it lessens the effects of monumental stupidity and greed it also allows for decisions to be made at a more local level.

BLYAAAAT fuck this article just makes me mad they don't even think they just bang their heads on the keyboard shouting

>muh merkel
>muh merkel
>muh merkel
>>
Globalisation is suddenly a good thing when it means mass importing shitskins into the western world, but when it involves establishing control of other territories (like the Chinese are doing now in Africa), it's imperialism and the cause of all evils?

So which one? Oh wait I forgot, double standards are not just a feature of liberal ideology, it's now the fucking foundation.

Also EU isn't exactly reaching out when it spends all its time annoying Putin and threatening Russia, but then I suppose it's fine cos Russia is full of white people or something? That's probably the logic.
>>
File: 1453918420887.jpg (92 KB, 577x752) Image search: [Google]
1453918420887.jpg
92 KB, 577x752
>>66426463
10 years ago, this would've been considered insanity.
20 years ago, it would've been laughed at as a funny joke.
30+ years ago, it would've been seen as a commie plot and high treason.

Europe is committing suicide right in front of your eyes. I can only hope that Trump is elected so he can start to stem the tide, but it looks like the land of my ancestors will be completely overrun in the next 20 or 30 years.
>>
>>66426463
>How the world is divided between fear and openness

Sounds objective and even-handed to me.
>>
>>66432561
jews love to generalize everything, because it sounds like it would be true when its not, confusing the fuck out of people
>>
File: when the subversion hits.png (163 KB, 414x376) Image search: [Google]
when the subversion hits.png
163 KB, 414x376
>>66432145
>30+ years ago, it would've been seen as a commie plot
>>
File: thegruauniad.png (71 KB, 670x866) Image search: [Google]
thegruauniad.png
71 KB, 670x866
>>66426463
Can't wait for the Graun to go out of business.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.