[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let us for a moment suppose that through some sort of magic it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1447717761066.jpg (70 KB, 768x569) Image search: [Google]
1447717761066.jpg
70 KB, 768x569
Let us for a moment suppose that through some sort of magic it was brought about that all crimes were instantly prevented and punished automatically.

For example.

>>If you were to walk up to someone, put a gun to their head, and pull the trigger. the bullet would miraculously trans locate to your head instead and kill you, not them.

>>If you subdued a woman and were about to rape her several large burly men would appear out of nowhere and brutally rape the living hell out of you, giving her time to abscond, and then disappear after they have finished.

>>if you steal something not only would you come to find that you do not possess the item/money you stole, but that your bank account had been drained in the exact dollar amount you would have stole and has been donated to the person/business you would have stolen from. or, if you are broke, you are now in debt up to that level.

>>If you got drunk and decided to drive. and were about to collide with an innocent motorist. All of a sudden an exact version of your vehicle would appear and slam into you instead. doing exactly to you (damage, injury, death) that you would have done had you struck their car.

basically all crimes sort themselves out and eye for an eye is automatic while at the same time preventing the crime that would have occurred.

I ask... would you support this?

because I would fully support this and see it as a good thing. especially if you consider that only crimes where there is a VICTIM are being taken into account. not silly shit like J-walking when the streets are empty or traffic violations that aren't hurting anyone else.

BUT I would bet that most liberals would still bitch and moan and complain that this system is somehow unfair. that somehow this is victimizing minorities or some other such nonsense.

what do you think pol?

what would the world be like under this magical system?
>>
Yep. Full support. Sounds like a utopia.
Everyone would be huge pussies but, they'd be super nice too
>>
And I bet technology would progress like 20x faster than currently if we aren't busy fighting degenerates 24/7
>>
They had something like this on an episode of Red Dwarf, it was called the justice field.

clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlaNKKHzNKQ

full episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aja4NPKgV20
>>
>>66420648
>What is free will?
Thats not justice, its slavery to an arbitrary set of guidelines. Morality becomes irrelevant. Humans become drones.

Fuck that.

The runaway train psychopathy experiment is a good example of how your idea wouldnt work.
>Train travelling at 60mph has its breaks cut and is going to crash
>it is full of women, children and non-muslim men
>they will all perish if the train is not stopped
>you and a grossly obese person are standing on an overpass a few hundred meters ahead of said runaway train
>in this scenario, you know with 100% certainty that if you pushed this lard ass onto the tracks, the train would stop safely.
>if you do not push them, you condemn the lives of everyone on board
>the lardass refuses to jump of his own accord
>what do you do?

In your fucked up world, you push the lardass, a divine force suddenly hurls yourself over the railing onto the track, you get minced into pieces and everyone on the train dies
>>
>>66424025
Convince him to push you. Call him a lardass, or something to that effect.
>>
>>66424667
He is aware that that would mean killing himself and that comes under him not jumping of his own accord
>>
>>66424025
What's so bad about letting it crash, so there will be some incentive to work on better brakes instead of having some lardass jump in front of it everytime the brakes fail?
>>
>>66424025

Negative on both counts friend.

These guidelines are anything but arbitrary. Now I could see if some human had created this machine that created this effect it could turn into some sort of slavery but remember. only crimes with absolute VICTIMS would work this way. this is all totally hypothetical anyway but if it were true. no human would be able to adjust the laws of the effect. it would be set in stone and be 100% accurate. divine.

There would be no such thing as a justified crime since revenge would no longer be necessary. the effect takes care of it for you. not only would you be 100% immune from all crime, your would be assailant has been revenged upon for you by the effect. what reason could you possibly have to commit a crime?

Now I do understand your train dilemma. But the effect would certainly take your state of mind into account. Most crimes do. even in our flawed system the offenders state of mind is taken into account in almost all cases.

So. In the case of the run away train. The effect would not come into play. firstly. the chooser is under sever duress. they do not intend to commit a crime but are faced with a difficult decision. the effect would no doubt take this into account and adjust accordingly.

Now. i find several faults with your scenirio. firstly. you said the brakes had been cut. If the effect were present this would not be possible. whoever attempted to cut the brake lines would have instantly been crushed by a phantom train and died.

secondly. it is not possible that even the fattest person would be able to stop a runaway train. from proceeding down the tracks.

i think a better scenario would be that you have a group of children on one set of tracks with a train barreling toward them, and a fat ass on an adjacent set of tracks. and you are located at the switch. it is too late for the train to stop and you have to choose to do nothing and let the children die, or switch the train tracks and let the fat ass die.
>>
>>66425730

sorta makes it more pure ya know?

but anyway. situations of extreme duress like this would no doubt be taken into account.

I am simply talking about a system of justice that basically acts upon the principle of INSTANT KARMA.

What would be so wrong with that?
>>
>>66420648
>the bullet would miraculously trans locate to your head instead and kill you, not them.
>trans locate
>the bullet still kills the same person, but it believes it has killed you instead
>if you don't agree with the bullet's feelings, you are an ignorant hatemonger
>>
>>66420648

If you haven't ready look up and watch Red Dwarf Season 4 Episode 3 - it's an older (but great) British sci fi comedy. That episode deals explicitly with what you're talking about - a 'Justice Field'.
>>
>>66420648
what happens if i smoke weed?

some plant comes out of the ground and lights me on fire?

LEGALIZE IT FAGGOTS
>>
>>66425730
You seem to forget human nature. If killing or committing a crime does not work, there will be workarounds. Let's say you want someone dead, so you just pay some people to prevent him from drinking a week.
You want to steal, so you just block someone till he gifts what you want.
Probably you create a far more passive aggressive society and I doubt that'll be more enjoyable for anyone.
>>
>>66421638
This. It's depressing to think how much resources and time we waste fighting criminals (and then subsequently coddling them in prison).
>>
>>66425868
Holy shit where did my sides go!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.