[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /pol/ feel about martial arts? Do you currently train?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Conor McGregor.jpg (283 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Conor McGregor.jpg
283 KB, 620x387
How does /pol/ feel about martial arts? Do you currently train? Have you had training in your life? are you ready for an attacker to subdue you?

P.S. Conor McGregor was too fucking arrogant during his card, forgetting that he gained 25lbs(11Kilos) of weight in a time parameter that can't result in fine tuned fighting muscle
>>
Entertaining to watch but I wouldn't do martial arts. It's pretty pointless.
>>
File: 019.jpg (2 MB, 2545x1898) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
2 MB, 2545x1898
What ranking in which martial art do you fags hold
>>
It looks gay as fucking watching them hug and grab each other on the floor.

I follow boxing. It has its flaws, but I enjoy it.
>>
Martial Arts are fun but useless in most situations.
General fitness is very important.
Owning a gun is more important.
>>
Nothing wrong with it. Better than sitting on the computer.
>>
>>66414313
Boxing has its points no doubt, but i feel MMA showcases the main techniques from multiple disciplines.
>>
>>66414072
Noting wrong with getting fit/healthy and being able to use basic unarmed self-defense, but beyond that, what's the point?

If you really want to defend your self just get a concealed carry.
>>
>>66414572
what if you're disarmed?
>>
>>66414072
>How does /pol/ feel about martial arts?

The purest form of competition. Savagery and art. A ballet of violence.

>Do you currently train? Have you had training in your life?

I do. I've boxed since I was around 14, got into TKD around 18 for couple of years. Picked up Muay Thai and was interested in MMA but blew out my ACL on a leg kick. Just boxing these days.

>are you ready for an attacker to subdue you?

Yeah, I was a bouncer so I've been through that. I respect what I can do and what other men can do. I also seriously think martial arts should be introduced into schools to give kids confidence.

>P.S. Conor McGregor was too fucking arrogant during his card, forgetting that he gained 25lbs(11Kilos) of weight in a time parameter that can't result in fine tuned fighting muscle

A lot of things went wrong in that fight. I was impressed with the way he was able to back Diaz up in the first, but man was he short on his punches. I'd like to see him at 155 but I have doubts his ground game will ever reach an elite level.
>>
I carry a pistol but I did about 3 months of MMA training and it was awesome. Feels good knowing I can whoop the average male's ass, feels even better knowing I can even the odds if a pack of ferals attack me. I'm on the thick/heavy side (6' 270) but I've been lifting for 7 years.
Every man should know basic hand to hand combat techniques and have a last resort option.
>>
>>66414680
sorry to hear about the ACL

McGregor was just letting his guard down the entire time
>>
File: 1418178664958.jpg (16 KB, 200x235) Image search: [Google]
1418178664958.jpg
16 KB, 200x235
>>66414680
>The purest form of competition. Savagery and art. A ballet of violence.

I cringed so hard at this faggotry
>>
>>66414609
run or you might get shot by your own gun
>>
>>66414785
Shit happens.

He got very cocky but when he had gas his head movement was mostly on point. I feel if he had really worked on his jab and getting inside he could chain together tasty hook/upper combinations and dart back outside in future.
>>
ECW ECW
>>
>>66414865
>He doesn't understand hyperbole

Settle down Genghis
>>
>>66414072
He lost because his power doesn't transfer up to higher weigh divisions against naturally bigger opponents (he is a manlet after all) AND he refused to adapt his gameplan midway through round 1, pace himself and try to win a decision by throwing leg kicks to Diaz's lead leg, dancing around and avoiding him until he's tired.

Instead he threw everything at Diaz, missed a bunch of wild haymakers, landed a bunch of hard punches too, easily won round 1 but did not even hurt Diaz let alone finish him. Come round 2 he was psychologically defeated and physically exhausted, and quit when he ate the first punch that landed clean on his chin. No heart, low fight iq.

Weight had little to do with it, he doesn't have the frame to compete at higher divisions. This outcome was not particularly shocking since McGregor is a stubborn idiot, he was either going to win with a quick KO or get embarrassed like he did. Diaz is a predictable journeyman fighter with well rounded skills but has had his game exploited many times before by better prepared opponents.

I've done bjj for 2 years (blue belt). Training is just a way to keep in shape and be social. It will do very little for you in a real self-defense scenario, because you don't have the muscle memory or breathing discipline to control the sudden adrenaline dump, and if someone attacks you it will likely be with a knife or other weapon, multiple people, and you should just run away. I could submit someone my size (5'10 170) in a controlled environment who has less training than me, even if they are stronger, to a degree. Far bigger or stronger, or smaller weaker but far more experienced just means I get smoked, and this is true for anyone who grapples. Technique is king, and you don't get the type of 'life or death' technique unless you roll every day of your life for like a decade, and it becomes part of you.

Martial Arts teaches you some good habits, mostly how to be humble and more relaxed around people.
>>
>>66414072
Actually his problem is that his sub defense game is weak. He's been subbed by 2 nobodies in the past. Diaz is a legit Gracie black belt. Not only that but he was dropped by Diaz before the sub, Diaz does not have heavy hands by any means. McGregor's chin has to be questioned now. Just another overhyped fighter really.

I wrestled for 4 years in high school, stay in decent shape, pretty sure I'd kick the vast majority of people's asses or at least not get my ass kicked. Always ready for bullshit, you have to be, but never looking for it like a nigger.
>>
>>66414680
>Yeah, I was a bouncer so I've been through that.

Oi cunt how do I become a bouncer

Guarntee I could rekt everyone in this thread
>>
>>66414072
>fine tuned fighting muscle
nigger wtf how is nobody responding to that bait

also Conor McGregor is arrogant because that's his imagine and a great part in why he is attracting so many people (and being a rich ass nigger) ontop of being a good fighter

also, i'm a kickboxer for 3 years now but have never been attacked due to being 6'5 lol
>>
>>66414978
hyperbole on the internet is pretty gay
>>
>>66414680
>I also seriously think martial arts should be introduced into schools to give kids confidence.

This would be an awesome idea.
>>
>>66415065
Which state are you in? Depending it's typically a 100ish hour course for a 1A/C license. From there you just ask for a job on the door, get a number to call. Google providers in your area mang. That attitude will get you rekt irl btw.

>>66415231
You're gay
>>
>>66415328
>Which state are you in? Depending it's typically a 100ish hour course for a 1A/C license. From there you just ask for a job on the door, get a number to call. Google providers in your area mang. That attitude will get you rekt irl btw.

NSW I live in western sydney lebo town I could rekt everyone here

Who do I ask for the job?
>>
>>66414680
how was the transition from muay thai into mma?
i'm really interested but i have had no training in ground fighting so far
>>
>>66415415
I typed out a response but you're actually a dumb cunt and the industry doesn't need more of you. Use google fuck wit.
>>
Being fit and being able to defend your point physically if you have to is part of being a man, and training martial arts is a sort of supplement to a modern life of working a desk job or something of the sort. Being able to defend yourself, your family , being healthy. It's not really relevant if you like the sport or not in my opinion, you should just be able to fight. Martial arts can be part of that, along with gun training. The argument 'just get a gun' is void anyway, as most confrontations are without weapons, and just drawing a weapon will get you in jail. Looking fit prevents confrontations, and the heightened test levels make you feel and preform better in any situation, violent or not.
>>
>>66415489
Do you mean how did it feel transitioning Muay Thai striking to MMA striking or how different does ground fighting and conditioning feel to striking? I'll answer both.

You have to rethink a lot of what you'll consider fundamental in Muay Thai to cross over to MMA. The footwork is probably the biggest area you'll need to adapt, imo karate is a good inspiration to blend with Muay Thai.

In terms of ground fighting, my experience is fairly limited, but it's hard on the neck is something I first noticed. You have to be aware of your whole body at once constantly which can be taxing. I find its much more exhausting in general, I'd feel more DOM's and get cramps. It's rough man but good fun.
>>
>>66415815
thanks cunt
my footwork is pretty much that of a karateka because i am a kickboxer but that ground fighting seems to be like a whole lot of learning grapples and move stuff which i just have to study and then repeat during sparring to get it in
>>
i mained a warrior for 3 expansions, should i learn shaolin gung fu or traditional shotokan karate before i become a bouncer/cagefighter?

serious replies only
>>
>>66415557

I'll fucking smash you cunt
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.