[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
O_O
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: cowspiracy1.png (358 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
cowspiracy1.png
358 KB, 600x400
The main cause of global warming is animal agriculture??
>>
>>66404716
oy vey

cockroaches release 10 times more CO2 than all other sources combined
>>
There's no such thing as a 'greenhouse gas.' But I fully support photosynthesis.
>>
What is your opinion on veganism?
>>
>>66405755
I would eat vegans
>>
>>66404716

Nice try scholmo, blacks can't farm.
>>
>>66405755
Muslims consider it idolatry as they obey another diet than the one sanctioned by God.
>>
>>66404716
But isn't the point of anthroprocentic global warming / climate change that we have released carbon reservoirs into the system? Cows can't contribute any extra carbon unless they start mining coal or process petroleum.
>>
File: Trump-Climate-Change-China.jpg (136 KB, 663x353) Image search: [Google]
Trump-Climate-Change-China.jpg
136 KB, 663x353
>>66404716
Has trump ever lied to us before?
>>
>>66404716
wait wait hol up. so you be saiyan cattle makes up 51% uf awl da green hows gasses?!?! then wii jus hab to kill da animals we dont eat . duh

they prolly make up a pretty good portion of the res uf da green hows gasses
>>
>>66404716
it's not, agriculture is only around 10%
>>
>>66406337
>Cows can't contribute any extra carbon unless they start mining coal or process petroleum.

Supposedly carbon isn't the only greenhouse gas (methane comes out of their asses) and they probably take in to account the resources that is used to produce animal feed and the transportation.

And they also cut down forest to make space for soy farms that produce animal feed.
>>
>>66404771
So you sayin we need to nuke Turkey?
>>
>>66404716
How da fuck animals make greenhouse gasses when greenhouses make vegetation, stupid vegans.
>>
File: 1435068003701.jpg (33 KB, 319x440) Image search: [Google]
1435068003701.jpg
33 KB, 319x440
>>66406398
I KNEW IT
god damn chinese!
>>
>>66406971
Roaches survive nukes

http://youtu.be/wtcHzxIAwVk
>>
>>66406971
Should just nuke turkey anyway
>>
>>66407083
well then drop bombs filled with RAID then?
>>
>>66404716
> unsourced claim
> unsourced numbers
> image bears no stamp from whoever created it
> claims completely impossible, and patently absurd

seems legit.
why dont you post that on your face space and twatter?

i'm sure those "facts" are "supportable" and nobody will call you on your lies.

inB4 six gorillion comments, and holocaust denial.
>>
>>66404716
Yeah, but plants need CO2.
Methane is an efficient fuel source.
And the quantities are about 0.003% of the total volumes of these gasses that are already present in the atmosphere.

Not to mention, that there's been a warming trend that started way back some 12000 years ago at the end of the last ice age.

Pretty sure when it swings back to the next ice age, something will be brought up that we did to cause it.

It's human nature. It's been happening since the dawn of time.
>>
>>66407156
Now you know why syria and iraq has "chemical" weapons.
>>
File: Plates.gif (28 KB, 540x210) Image search: [Google]
Plates.gif
28 KB, 540x210
All the shills in here falling for the meaty jew.
Keep eating your beef and chicken, goyim, you need protein, don't you?
Going vegan is the true red pill.
>>
>>66407249
stop arguing from facts!
your facts are trampling on their Feels.

keep it up and Le Weed Man will send some mounties to your house for E-Bullying
>>
>>66408272
Please migrate to Sweden and contain yourself
>>
>>66404716
>farm animals and plants in hermetically sealed buildings
Problem solved
>>
>>66408272
http://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/archives/2015/december/diet-and-environment.html

GIT FUCKED! Those statistics are a lie!
>>
Ayo, we totally arent making tons of smog here, it looks amazing. Communism is best, fuck ameripigs
>>
>>66410331
Kek, that study again. I know I'm probably being baited but IDGAF.

What that study says is that SOME vegetables are more harmful to the environment (based on water and CO2-footprint) than meats. The trick is they used a calorie as a basis for comparison, which is super retarded. In effect they're saying that three grocery bags of lettuce require more water/CO2 to produce than 15 grams of bacon. No one uses three grocery bags of lettuce to replace a quarter strip of bacon with their eggs. Can you imagine?

The study mentions USDA-approved vegetarian diets but those aren't even the diets they used in the research. It is probably the most biased """"""""adacemic"""""""" paper I've ever seen.

The kicker? Even with all their wrong methodologies and deceit, they couldn't even reproduce their results for vegetables in the E.U. THAT'S how wrong they are.

If you properly compare omnivore diets with vegetarian/vegan diets, vegan wins every time. There are too many sources on the subject to list, but here are some to get you started

(4chan thinks the links are spam, I'll try in a new post)

Now, please put that monstrosity of yours in the trash, where it belongs.
>>
>>66410331
>>66411676
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/660S.full
http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/environment.html
http://www.earthsave.org/pdf/ofof2006.pdf
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-05-05-56-00.png (563 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-05-05-56-00.png
563 KB, 1440x2560
>>66404716
The climate naturally changing is the number one cause of climate change.
>>
>>66404716

Cattle burps and farts release a lot of methane is the argument.
>>
>>66411676
>The trick is they used a calorie as a basis for comparison, which is super retarded.

no its the only proper way of looking at the problem.

we feed animals with plants that are high in calories and we get meat thats also high in calories.

vegetarians meanwhile eat lots of plantlife that barely has any nutrition at all so they need a lot more work and land to be sustained which results in a very high CO2 footprint.

so if you want to live a CO2 friendly life the only way is basically eating what pigs and cows in agriculture get to eat right now and nothing else.
>>
>>66412583
I get that meats have a higher calorie density. That doesn't make it any less stupid to take the single vegetable with the LOWEST calorie density imaginable and compare it to bacon. Again, not one vegetarian eats grocery bags full of lettuce.

Please look at the links I provided which compare actual diets and you'll see how wrong you are.
>>
>>66404716
What? No, not at all. That would be agriculture in general, and it would still be less than traffic and energy production. >>66404864
>there's no such thing as a greenhouse gas
Read a book sometime.
>>
>>66404716

Deal with the population size and you'll deal with the negative consequences at the same time. Reduce the world population to something like 1 billion and 99% of environmental problems disappear over night.
>>
>>66406087
Fuck off mudslime
>>
>>66404716
greenhouse gasses =/= global warming
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.