[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even at 175k, still poorfag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 10
Living in LA:
* Can't afford a house
* Can't afford kids
* Both of us work
* Live in tiny apartment with no dishwasher

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>communist bait

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>66400728
Move. Out.

I hear rural California is very nice.
>>
>>66400728
>living in LA

Nigger are you dumb? America is fucking amazing, you can practically live anywhere within your country's boarders and thrive if you just saved a few dollary doos and moved to anywhere but the inner-city money-drain ghettos that is most of North America.
>>
>>66400728

>Live in LA
>Complain about high prices

Kek
>>
>>66400825
We really really fucking should. Thinking of moving up to SLO area or down to SD.
>>
You can get by on 70k a year in Vancouver, one of the most expensive cities in the world. cut the communist bait OP
>>
>>66400890

OP are you actually retarded?
>>
>>66400960
NO I JUST LIVE IN LA AND IT IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS
>>
File: local-activities.jpg (476 KB, 1440x840) Image search: [Google]
local-activities.jpg
476 KB, 1440x840
>>66400825
Ojai is pretty nice.
>>
Move to Alaska and start building a log cabin. Better then LA.
>>
>>66400728
>Living in LA
You a your problem mate.
>>
>>66400728
Me on the right.
>>
>>66401151
Damn phone
>>
>>66400728
>no dishwasher

I grew up with a dishwashing in the house,once I moved out I don't have one.
but I have never used the dishwasher. You have to wash it before it goes into the dishwasher anyway, so just fully wash it.
>>
yeah your first line summarizes all of your problems
>>
That's why you move to the suburbs or live in the hood retard
>>
>>66400728
Protip: You can save money and space by using your clothes washing machine as a dishwasher.
>>
>>66400728
>Living in LA:
>>
>>66400920
SLO's expensive too.
Rich retired techies buy up a lot of houses round the central coast
>>
better vote for trump right?
/pol/ is so smart
>>
>>66400728

How's that hispanic infestation workin' out for ya?

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-census-latinos-20150708-story.html

>It's official: Latinos now outnumber whites in California
>>
>>66400728
this image doesn't make sense. it happens the other way around
>>
>>66401531
kek
>>
>175k

Nigger you can buy 3 houses, fix them up, and rent em out for that much. Then you sit on your ass and collect rent for the rest of your life.
>>
>>66400728
>Living in downtown LA
>Not living in the cheaper suburbs and commuting to work

Are you a retard?

I mean I live in LA as well, though I have a house which I bought for 1.8 million, but it's now worth 2.3 million so when I move I'll have made 500k. If you're making 175k a year you shoudl easily be able to get a mortgage on a nice home outside the downtown area and just commute to your job.
>>
>>66401059
Ojai's entire economy is based on old ladies heading down there for spa day.
>>
>>66400728
educational level (both of you)?
>>
>>66400728
909fag here. Working at IKEA in 626, need more money. I hate this state.
>>
>>66401910
bachelor's with professional credential and bachelors
>>
>be me
>have a drug problem
>insurance moves me to a "sober living house"
>$500000 beach side house in San Clemente
>food rent and utilities are all paid for

LOVING

THESE

GIBS
>>
>>66401689
eh if you don't live in the poor areas it has no impact. Only hispanic people around my area are the construction/cleaning people. Though I live in West Hollywood Hills, which is pretty much rich white people land.
>>
>>66401819
I work from home but she works downtown and the commute is very bad (as you know). I mean I have a LOT saved up but a single family detached home in a neighborhood with non-embarrassing schools is like 1.2 which is out of my range. Thankfully only 30 but shit man I need to get cash fast.
>>
>>66401978
what's your probation/requirements to stay at the house?

Work/stay clean?
>>
are you trying to tell me your rent is $4300 per month (IAW 30% affordability rule)? wtf is the matter with you that you have a tiny apartment that costs that much. jesus wept.
>>
>>66400920

Me and my wife are in the same situation, except we have a toddler. We live and work in SF, but we wouldn't be able to commute, because it's impossible finding a baby sitter to come early enough so we can get to work on time.
>>
>>66401975
ok, that doesnt solve my inital question to be honest, in which field are you active ? like maths, arts, sports, feminism ... ?
>>
>>66401978
i used to surf the pier down there growing up
>>
>>66401983

LA is a massive fucking shit hole

>whites are the minority
>EVERYONE is a self hating liberal white
>niggers, niggers everywhere
>traffic is shit
>hot weather, very little sea breeze unless you live ~5 miles from the ocean or less.
>city/streets/buildings old as fuck and dirty as fuck

You couldn't pay me to live in that fucking shit hole.

When you go to the grocery store, the only type of white people you see are liberal degenerates.

How can you stomach living in such a diverse shithole for?
>>
>>66400728
Live in a van or cuck shed
buy cheap food in bulk 2000 calories a day

work for ~2 years then move
>>
>>66402062
ah yeah, I wouldn't raise a family in LA honestly, though I know that's not practical if you want to keep making money.
>>
>>66402130
I work in accountancy and she's a teacher

>>66402126
Sucks right?

>>66402120
Nah at 2.5k per month but ain't tryin to live house-poor renting like everyone else out here. Trying to buy and it's fucking impossible
>>
>>66400728

>Living in LA

there's your problem

Seriously fucking move somewhere else.

You could live more than twice as comfortably while earning less than half what you do now living in a midwest suburb.
>>
>>66402275
when I fly to visit clients I look at house prices and am like "I could afford a fucking mansion out here"
>>
>>66402180
I just ignore them really. All my co-workers and bosses are pretty conservative. I mean I have a pretty good mix of friends both conservative and liberal. But that isn't to say my neighbors aren't retarded when it comes to politics.
>>
>>66402210
yep, it's where the business is

>>66402180
I live <5mi from ocean now but am looking to buy which is impossible

but you're right it's 99.9% degenerate
>>
File: bakersfeel.png (119 KB, 547x717) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel.png
119 KB, 547x717
>>66400728
>take amtrack to Bako
>buy mansion for 400k
>>
>>66400728
>Living in LA
WONDER WHAT THE ISSUE IS HERE FAGGOT
>>
>>66402249
>I work in accountancy and she's a teacher
so ok, you both do basically good work, in the sense that you dont need to be a burgerflipper, why do you live there if its so expensive and stuff ? i mean buying things it out of your reach, but you could anyway have a good life
>>
>>66400920
Also fuck you for making people think I live in your commie shithole when I say I'm from SD.
>>
>>66402180
The neighborhoods OP is talking about are all white

If a black person happens to be in a good neighborhood they are based anyway

LA is literally the greatest place on earth
>>
>>66402249

Theses are not jobs with which one can afford to buy a house in downtown LA. It's like arguing that you can't afford an apartment on Park Avenue. They're good jobs to have, yes, but they're also transferable and in need which means you can go fucking anywhere with them like >>66402275 said.

You want to live and fuck around in LA like a young dude, fine, but you need to accept the realities. You want to start a family,? Move to somewhere less well-known (and that doesn't have to be rural Montana) and be amazed at how far your money will go. Look into places in Texas if you don't believe me.
>>
>>66402523
In the US it's normal to want to buy a house when you start a family. I think germany is like 60% rental? Past a certain amount per month the rental market here just sucks and there are huge tax advantages to buying
>>
>>66402600

No, no they're not lol.

I grew up in the south bay.

t. newport beach master race

We make fun of LA all the time, because we're you're betters.
>>
>>66401033
Then how come you haven't moved out of LA yet? The mass exodus of California working people was 2 years ago.
>>
>>66402632
looking at texas or more rural CA now
>>
>>66402656
the point is that you have to calculate what option is better for you. "In the US it's normal to want to buy a house" just sounds stupid. your choice has to fit your situation.
>>
>>66402697
>you're betters
usc grad detected
>>
>>66400728
175k is 17'500 or 175'000 ?
>>
You probably want to live in the hip parts of LA.

Find a place on the east side and save thousands on housing instantly.

I am literally poor by fed standards and live well in LA, I just don't care about living near Santa Monica, or drive a car.
>>
>>66402860
what the fuck is a ' doing in there

it's $175,000/yr
>>
>>66402860
>>
File: 1457160844433.jpg (11 KB, 173x215) Image search: [Google]
1457160844433.jpg
11 KB, 173x215
>>66400728
>living in LA

theres your fucking problem
>>
File: [010507].png (90 KB, 238x276) Image search: [Google]
[010507].png
90 KB, 238x276
>living in California
>>
>>66402860
I think its his internet speed
>>
>>66400728
>>66402062
>>66402249

Wait a fucking minute. You're trying to tell us that:

>You make $175,000 per year
>that's $14,583 per month
>You work from home as an accountant
>Your wife is a teacher
>You can barely afford a tiny apartment in LA

You wife could be a teacher ANYWHERE in the country.
You could work from home ANYWHERE in the country.

Where the FUCK do you live in LA that you can "barely" afford a tiny apartment when you make $14k per month? Beverly Hills? Bel Air?
>>
>>66400728
Don't listen to faggot trolling OP. I live in los Angeles on a hell of a lot less than 175k and I comfortably support myself in a two bedroom town house with a washer dryer. Shit I don't live on 100k or even 60k.

What part of L.A. do you live in, faggot ass lying OP?
>>
>>66400728
>175k

lol wut, I live on 26k a year and have a great apartment in a safe neighborhood, a 2015 model car, a motorcycle, pretty much everything I could want, and I have a 670 a month child support payment.

What kind of cuck are you that you do not know how to balance a budget?
>>
>>66402744

I have a bro who stays in Texas and he's fucking loaded. His wife is a librarian and he works in a lab. The difference in how far your money will go in LA compared to most big Texan cities will blow your mind. Like I said, you need to prioritize - sit down and figure out what you think is important and why you want to stay in LA; is it the places you can go, the restaurants, do you have family there etc.? Then weigh it against what you actually WANT. From there it's a simple math equation. LA isn't going anywhere - you can still visit - but if it's kids you want eventually, you need to budget for it. You can move back there once they've graduated HS and fucked off to college but if you pool your resources now, you could be living in a five bedroom detached home with a pool in Dallas in a good school district.
>>
>>66402697
>implying
OC's gonna get flooded by nonwhites faster than West LA.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
I do 8000 a month after years of studies and this guy do 14585 A MONTH and can't buy a fucking house? ?
Since when are americans payed THAT MUCH ? WHAT THE FUCK ?
175,000 a year wtf
And I thought we were one of the country with the hightest salaries
>>
>>66403068
we're looking to buy in culver or la brea and are currently in santa monica
>>
>>66401033
SF is even worse... at least pricewise...
Traffic & commute is heading toward LA terrible.

Yeah can do what I do and never spend money, save all your sheckels to buy and rent out real estate out of state. Revenue streams my nigger, does the piggy bank good
>>
>>66402249
I've found the problem, guys!

accounting is a meme job and teaching speaks for itself.
>>
>>66400728
I live in Echo Park. I am well off but cannot afford any of those things but it comes as no surprise. Its like complaining you can't buy a home in London. Its a major global city and there is literally a fucking HOUSING CRISIS that people talk about all the time. Move you blubbering faggot.
>>
>>66400920
Currently living in SLO. Kinda pricey near the college or coast but there's some affordable stuff in the neighboring cities.
>>
Canada invites 300,000 immigrants a year

with most being asian

r.i.p your shit country

as soon as the queen dies you're going to get rid of the monarchy and no longer be anglo

Murica still anglo because they have an anglo inspired flag
>>
File: shitposting time.webm (3 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
shitposting time.webm
3 MB, 640x350
>Struggling with income over 40k
>>
when Canada becomes 40% Asian they're going to demand that Canada lets in 3 million asians a year
>>
>>66403395
Santa Monica is one of the most sought after areas in LA, housing prices are astronomical there, no doubt..

Why are you living there with that joint income? move elsewhere and commute if you need to be there for work reasons (but by the sounds of things, you don't need to live there for work).
>>
Buy in Boyle Heights or Highland PArk or Lincoln Heights,

these places are still cheap and will be gentrified and full of hispters in less than 5 years.
>>
>>66403388
I think that is combined income
>>
>>66403594
everyone we know is here, it's just a thing, I don't know
>>
>>66403395

I think you need to put your fucking foot down and tell your wife that the places she wants to live are simply too expensive. Tell her it's time to be adults and plan for the future in a reasonably-priced area.
>>
>>66400728

Jesus Christ. I could live comfy as fuck on 30k here in the Midwest.

30k could get me a home, pay my college loans, get me a hot tub and all that on my own. Only problem is finding a full time job that pays 30k bring home here in Iowa.

Man...fuck Cali if that's the case. 175k means I could retire in 10 years here in the midwest.
>>
>>66402503
problem solved amirite??
>>
>>66402117
Stay clean, 11pm curfew, attend 9 hours of counseling a week.

I mostly just sit at the house and play vidya or watch Netflix. Maybe walk to the beach or gym if I get bored. Tonight we cooked steaks and watched the UFC pay-per-view.

Eventually I'll probably get bored and pick up a part time job to pay for games and energy drinks but otherwise I have virtually no financial obligations.
>>
>>66402632
yeah but if they go elsewhere they won't make as much...
Sure maybe they'll come out ahead on the trade, but it comes with its downside.
>>
>>66403668
How do they manage to live there? what are their earnings like? do they also struggle with the costs of living there?, etc.

I'm not too familiar with the area, but you could try doing what the hipsters do and rent a small warehouse and converting it into a living space.
>>
>Can't afford a house
Don't live in the city, there are plenty of areas within 30 minutes of the city that are affordable and decent

>Can't afford kids
Don't have kids if you cannot afford them

>Live in tiny apartment with no dishwasher
Hand washing is better, stop being lazy
>>
I am fucking triggered right now, please Ameribros respond to this.
1. How much cost a mcdonald ?
2. How much do you get paid per month?
3. Does the salary changes a lot between stats ? ex. NY/LA
>>
>>66403908
>prioritizing energy drinks
>>
Don't come to Sydney.
>>
>>66403963
A lot of young professionals are here - people in hollywood, lawyers, doctors, etc. People who own houses here are making like 250-350+, but a lot of people move inland when they buy. You can't go too far inland because LAUSD a shit and your kids will wind up selling crack.
>>
File: enough.jpg (17 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
17 KB, 500x320
>>66400728
>>66400890
Rent prices aren't the problem. I'm in the same boat as OP.

It's the 30% of my check that disappears to pay for Tyrone's car note.

The $2500 I lose each month to taxes would more than pay for my rent, and that's my income alone.
>>
>>66404461
try looking to buy in an area with decent schools your head asplode
>>
>>66400728
>Be real poorfag and make 37K a year.
>Have a nice car less than 2 years old.
>2700 sq/f Apartment with childhood friend as room-mate in nice neighborhood.
>Fridge always full.
>Bar trip or 3 each week.
>Cookout each week in summer.
>Get everyone nice shit for christmas.
>Still have money to put towards hobbies each paycheck
>Still have money to save for emergency each paycheck
>Still have money to blow on dumb impulses each paycheck.

Sounds like a case of shit location and shit money management. Git gud.
>>
>>66404448
Nigga East LA ain't inland
>>
File: wtf.jpg (17 KB, 450x113) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
17 KB, 450x113
>america has better salaries than switzerland

WTF
T
F

Becoming neets in a few months, Niggers are making more money than me fucking kek, it's not worth working. I thought our salaries were superior to anyone but luxembourg but actually a big country like america is better.
top kek
>>
>>66400728
I live in socal in a decent apartment (with a diswasher) and don't make 175k, Youre lying.
>>
The problem with people who complain about LA being to expensive is they don't want to live among the brown people...

hipsters are changing this, Echo Park is no getting expensive, soon many surrounding hoods will also gentrify.

People LIke OP should think ahead and buy in cheaper areas now before they are also priced out and complain again in 10 years.
>>
>>66404495
I live in San Diego, the cost of living is cheaper than LA, while the salaries are similar... mostly because a cheap neighborhood in San Diego is usually not filled with Taco Benders and Bixnoodz
>>
West Hollywood(no homo) checking in

I make 90k on a good year and can't afford a house. On double that, you can afford something.
>>
>>66404645
condo, townhouse, or detached?
>>
>Parents bought a decent house before the Chinese fucked up the market
>Live with them and now sell houses to said Chinese people
>Make 140 000 a month after tax
>No mortgage payments or rent payments

Shit is so fucking cash, literally. I'm still a virgin though at age 27 so that really makes me very sad at night but can't have it all.
>>
>>66403668
>>66403670

And in addition I'm going to point out that I KNOW your wife's teacher salary isn't providing anywhere near the majority of that $175,000 income.

It's time for you to be a man, and stop giving in to your wife's desire to live an affluent princess lifestyle that neither of you can actually afford.
>>
>>66404776
certainly condo or townhouse in the valley

maybe detached. looking at koreatown tier fixer upper doe

I live in a rent controlled apt. pay around half market rate.
>>
>>66404908
rent control REEEE

>>66404800
I mean we're saving a LOT right now. Problem is we don't want to be house poor like everyone else in LA

>>66404908
Townhouse would be OK let me take a look, weho is pretty fucked up though, dunno if it would be OK to raise kids
>>
File: 1449355231167.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1449355231167.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>66400728
>Living in LA
>>
>>66405033
oh, shit, nigga, I meant in the valley like van nuys.

you want like woodland hills for kids. thats where everybody white goes.

weho.....I don't even want to know what they cost now.
>>
>>66400728
> Even at 175k still poorfag
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>66404448
>A lot of young professionals are here
that's your problem, the area seems to be in high demand, and if you're looking to raise a family, then you shouldn't be sacrificing long term goals in order to live there for reasons such as friends living there, move out and live cheaply until you can buy a house, then go from there. Although, LA seems like a bad place to live in general, especially if you're an accountant, may be worth moving to another city at least for the short term.

>>66404532
average monthly salary means literally nothing, pham. Adjust that shit for avg. costs of living, and it'll give a more accurate picture of the quality of life of the US vs. Switzerland, and I can guarantee Switzerland > USA
>>
>>66405033
>don't wanna be housepoor like everyone else in LA
Nigga...
>>
>>66405147
>woodland hills
valley

jesus
fucking
christ

not dead yet
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.