[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ I need help winning an argument
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: I-need-your-help1.jpg (16 KB, 333x375) Image search: [Google]
I-need-your-help1.jpg
16 KB, 333x375
I was having a argument with this American girl on the Internet that said that she had proof of institutional racism, she said

>10% of white people and 26% of African Americans are below the poverty line. Yet, the percent of welfare recipients who are black is 39%, and the number welfare recipients who are white is 38%. This irrefutable proof that institutional racism exists.

I need a counter argument /pol/, please help.
>>
She's right

Even the institution knows they're niggers
>>
>>66389578

Correlation doesn't imply causation.

Too many other variables to consider.
>>
>>66390113
She also link me this article about how it's all Kennedys fault
http://www.thenation.com/article/what-white-privilege-looks-when-youre-poor/
>>
That's because white people work and niggers don't. The influx of wetbacks has hurt white employment more than the already unemployed negro.
>>
File: molyneux.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
molyneux.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
>>66389578
Did someone say 'an argument?'
>>
>>66389578
So first, are the stats right and are they in disguise? What about total welfare receipts, as in do blacks welfare recipients receive more per capita than whites?

And the next part is that in America welfare only lasts a set period of time before you're cut off.
>>
>>66390383

This article PRESUMES the existence of white privilege, and ought to be trashed. It should be named "What poverty looks like when you're poor", and it's a cheap way of trying to put a racial slant on a societal problem.
>>
The shortcomings of black people are obviously fault of racism and not themselves. What are you trying to imply, that black people have responsibility for their actions? Don't be ridiculous now. That's racist.
>>
Because niggers are stupid and hate work. Has nothing to do with racism, everything to do with them being genetically inferior niggers. /thread
>>
>>66390766
This

If everybody seems to assume white people get special privileges and white people have a better standard of life by default then why don't they just say that white people are superior?

They say it in every other way except directly
>>
>>66389578
Whites are still majority of pop so 10 percent of them would be a large percent of those on welfare
Tell the bitch to retake math
>>
File: 5479383414_2c5df4be41_b.jpg (436 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
5479383414_2c5df4be41_b.jpg
436 KB, 1024x512
>>66389578

Everyone is racist; can't disprove that.

However, you are arguing the wrong thing. You have to convince her that racism is good and blacks deserve racism.

However, good luck convincing a liberal that. laugh my ass off.
>>
>>66389578
Look at rates of populations. Niggers get more welfare than whites. 10% of whites is a lot more people than 26% of niggers.
>>
>>66389578
You have to look at population as well.. Spear chuckers make up 13% of the US population. The white population is 62%, 77% when you include "White Hispanics" which is included in your posted stats.
>>
>>66389578
There are more white people than black people.
There are more whites in poverty that there are blacks even though whites have a smaller percentage.
Based on this, I'm surprised that majority of welfare recipients aren't white.
Blacks are 12% of the population and 39% of welfare recipients, while whites are 60-something% of the population and only 38% of welfare recipients.
These stats conclude nothing other than the fact that blacks are lazy and useless and take up more welfare than thy should.
If it's proof of institutionalized racism (which it isn't) then it's racism against non blacks.
>>
>>66389578
Is seriously nobody going to point out that 10%(white poverty) of 62%*non-hispanic white) is 6%(number of poor whites) while 26%(poor blacks) of 12%(blacks) is 3%(poor blacks), meaning that the same number of whites and blacks are on welfare while there are twice as many whites below the poverty line?

This is clearly terrible bait but none of you seem to have pointed this out.
>>
>>66389578
You also need to figure out what is being counted as welfare. Social security is welfare and everyone pays into it and everyone takes out of it, you don't have a choice in the matter in terms of SS as welfare. But blacks die earlier than whites so that decreases the number on SS.

You should look at specific programs like SNAP or Medicaid instead, which are easy to find- generally 40% white which is enough for you to know that whites overall get screwed by these programs. http://kff.org/medicaid/state-indicator/distribution-by-raceethnicity-4/
>>
>% of whites
>% of welfare recipients
Retarded bitch
>>
>>66389578
Uhhh theres a lot more white people than blacks, witht those numbers it looks like the percentage of whites impoverished and not recieving welfare is higher than blacks, so by her logic white people are being oppressed.
>>
Post the fucking acceptance rate of ivy league someone.
>>
>>66389578
>I need a counter argument /pol/, please help.

10% of the white population would be about 19 million people.
26% of the African American population would be about 9.8 million.

Proportionally, there are more poor blacks receiving welfare than there are poor whites, despite poor whites making up the majority of the poor in America. Poor blacks receiving welfare also each receive more welfare per person than their white counterparts.

If anything, that would suggest institutionalized discrimination in the opposite direction, except not, because stupid proportion-based arguments only beget stupid proportion-based conclusions that have no basis in empirical reality.
>>
>>66389578
1) welfare isnt just for those in poverty
2) there are more whites than blacks in america so 10% of all whites is much larger than 26% of all niggers

that simple
>>
>>66389578

How does this argument indicate a problem? I don't even know what this "argument" is trying to say.
>>
File: Feels-Good-Man-Frog-02.png (133 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Good-Man-Frog-02.png
133 KB, 354x363
>>66390766
Thanks man
>>
>>66392454
You're welcome, Finnbro. Good luck!
>>
>>66389578
You can't just compare wealth levels. Bring up Malaysia. The Chinese minority is economically dominant despite the government openly discriminating against them.
>>
>>66391806
Because it's math

The entire argument itself relies on the recipient of the argument being unable to do math.
>>
>>66391682
This OP, push her shit in.
>>
File: medschool1.jpg (133 KB, 1286x384) Image search: [Google]
medschool1.jpg
133 KB, 1286x384
You can also tell her that you, too, have proof of institutional racism
>>
File: numbers.gif (6 KB, 484x111) Image search: [Google]
numbers.gif
6 KB, 484x111
So although whites are less likely to be "poor", there are far more whites, and as a result there are twice as many "poor whites" than "poor blacks". (Numbers below)

So if the other data point is that number of whites/blacks receiving welfare is about equal, the real question is

"Why are poor blacks roughly twice as likely to take welfare?"

How does one get "institutional racism" as an answer to this interesting question? My first guess is that more whites still see welfare as a shameful thing, whereas many blacks believe reparations are still owed and are not going to bat an eye when applying for any kind of assistance available.

When was the last time you saw a video showing white people flashing their EBT cards like "bling" and singing about it?

Total population 322,267,564
Non-hispanic white (64%) 206,251,241
Poor whites (assuming 10%) 20,625,124
Non-hispanic black (12%) 38,672,108
Poor blacks (assuming 26%) 10,054,748
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxZRuL65wQ
>>
>>66390383

The annual US welfare budget is over half a trillion dollars. This article refers to a measly 26 million (not trillion, not billion) dollar pilot program to target rural poverty (where most residents are white anyway). The fact that a miniscule, rural poverty program affects poor whites more than poor blacks is meaningless, and completely to be expected.

Also... Blacks only make up 13% of the US population. The fact that they consume 39% of the US welfare benefits is absolutely staggering.

Tell your friend that she's literally retarded, and to kill herself.
>>
1. The US census counts hispanics as white, likely to deliberately skew statistics for political reasons

2. Whites make up 63.7% of the population, blacks make up 12.2%

Of the total population, assuming the OP's numbers are correct, that means ~19.667 million whites are poor, and ~0.979 million blacks are poor.

Given that the total number of welfare recipients for each race are roughly equal, that means blacks are approximately 20x more likely to receive welfare. Therefore, if institutional racism exists, it is strongly in favor of blacks.

learn to math /pol/
>>
>>66393884
>kike hat
>>
File: 6ed.gif (180 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
6ed.gif
180 KB, 600x488
>>66389578
That America girl is right. Her examples may be shit, but institutional racism does exist. There are records of institutions being overtly racist in the not too distant past (even to this day). Stop being a fucking retard.
>>
>>66394942

"Learn to math" lol.
Your basic arithmetic is wrong. We've got 1 million poor blacks just within 100 miles of me. See my numbers above.

It's 10 million poor blacks, so twice as likely to take welfare.
>>
>>66395962
oops, misplaced a decimal somewhere
Regardless, the bias is still 2x in favor of blacks.
>>
>>66395746
There's still evidence of it today, lad.

>>66393153

White is a race
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.