[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
50-70 years ago, Asians were some of the most hated people in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7
File: aapi250-70.jpg (63 KB, 616x250) Image search: [Google]
aapi250-70.jpg
63 KB, 616x250
50-70 years ago, Asians were some of the most hated people in America. Between WW2, Korea, and Vietnam, we collectively viewed them as the enemy.

Now, in 2016, they've managed to not only succeed but excel, even past white people. As a whole, they make more money than whites in THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

Almost all major racism against Asians is now gone. I'm not claiming Asians never experience racism, but most of it is minor. I don't think hardly anyone in America outright hates Asians or calls them gooks anymore.

People might crack jokes or mention stereotypes like them being bad drivers, but as a whole Asians seem to have it pretty good.

How have they managed this? They were put in fucking internment camps.
>>
soulless cyborgs
>>
>>66387614
they aren't niggers
>>
>>66387834
/thread
>>
>>66387614
No victim complex like nigs
>>
>>66387834

/pol/ hates Asians more than niggers.
>>
>>66387614
1. They're productive members of society
2. They hate each other which is why its easy to turn them against one another.
>>
>>66387614
>even past white people
oh shut the fuck up already

if you want to be proud to be asian i couldn't give a fuck but leave the retardation out or move back to china thanks
>>
>>66387614
>all major racism gone
I'm a chink and I know better than to go to the South, you don't know much do you
>>
>Now, in 2016, they've managed to not only succeed but excel, even past white people.
Nope.
>As a whole, they make more money than whites in THEIR OWN COUNTRY.
Only because the wealthiest, smartest and most motivated actually move overseas and try to make it in another country. If you looked at the incomes of Europeans, Americans and other Westerners living outside of their countries, you'd find they are also higher than average.
>>
>>66388258
What racism do Asians experience in the south?
>>
>>66387614
There are many problem Asians who are living stereotypes. There's Leland Yee, the California politician who militantly infringed on the right to bear arms so as to create a profitable black market which he got in trouble for engaging. There's that nightmare law professor from a Ming dynasty who cooked up downright imperious justifications in torture. There's Kaiser Fung talking in total seriousness about how great credit cards are.
>>
1. They work hard and generally behave very well
2. Are smarter than other minorities
3. Dont have dindu "culture", Islam or any other nigger shit holding them back and makes others hate them.
>>
>>66387614
Plz leave us alone. Racists are more hateful toward us than niggers. And /pol/ hate us. If nobody mention us then we'll keep doing well and quiet.
>>
Asian here. I'd say it's because we were able to prove ourselves and assimilate into American culture. You'll see the children of Asian immigrants with western names will other non-whites like blacks, hispanics, and muslims with names like Jamal, Juan, and Muhammad.
>>
>>66387614
See

http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html

Victim narratives are bullshit. Hell, this country got 25% of its population murdered not too long ago, and yet today is still better than any of the African shitholes.
>>
>>66388391
I have friends from there, a friends dad has been there.

It's just that there are no fucking Asians down there, you stick up like a sore thumb.
One of my friends is from Houston, he moved away and says people are friendlier up north.
The dad says he got called a Chink and got asked about China after some business meeting.
[spoiler]I don't even speak Chinese, just did my part assimilating into America, football, steaks, all that[/spoiler]
>>
>>66388996
>And /pol/ hate us
have yet to see even a single post saying this that wasn't provoked by trolling or /r/asianmasculinity
>>
>>66389127
So your dad got called a Chink ONCE and that's the worst thing he ever experienced? That sounds pretty cushy.
>>
>>66389133

What about this guy? >>66387766

>>66389031

Lulz, you're a dumbass. Asians are still seen as outsiders in this country.
>>
>>66387614
Asians are very adapatable and generally are good at morphing and blending with other cultures while preserving their own.
>>
>>66387964
exactly. funny to see what hard work can achieve huh?
>>
>>66387614
Because whites are the only race that will help their community become a better place, regardless of who is in that community.
WIth that same energy, Asians (including Jews) are very nepotistic (not a bad thing), but they think of only themselves or their family.
>>
>>66388010

kek okay
>>
>>66388010
>/pol/ is one person
>>
>>66389577
>they think of only themselves or their family
sounds like white people on /pol/, senpai
>>
>>66389506
>What about this guy? >>66387766
op literally said asians are better than white people
>even past white people

if anyone is stupid enough to say something like that expect someone to say something salty
>>
>>66388220
>move back to china
This.
I don't care if you're a Mongol, Jap, Chink, or plastic surgery patient, go back to China.
>>
>>66388550
>There's that nightmare law professor from a Ming dynasty who cooked up downright imperious justifications in torture

John Yoo? He's Korean-American
>>
>>66389506
that's clearly just a lame joke

> Asians are still seen as outsiders in this country.

How?
>>
File: medschool.jpg (126 KB, 1286x383) Image search: [Google]
medschool.jpg
126 KB, 1286x383
>>66387614
>I'm not claiming Asians never experience racism, but most of it is minor.

Minus pic related.
>>
>>66389831
Haven't those policies been removed?

But yeah that's fucked. That's the consequence of racial quotas.
>>
>>66387614
>╔════╗──────────────╔═══╗╔═══╗╔╗╔═══╗─╔╗╔╗╔╗
<╚═╗╔═╝──────────────╚══╗║║╔═╗║║║║╔══╝─║║║║║║
>──║║╔══╦╗╔╦════╦══╗─╔══╝║║║─║║║║║╚══╗─║║║║║║
<──║║║╔═╣║║║╔╗╔╗║╔╗║─║╔══╝║║─║║║║║╔═╗║─╚╝╚╝╚╝
>──║║║║─║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║─║╚══╗║╚═╝║║║║╚═╝║─╔╗╔╗╔╗
<──╚╝╚╝─╚══╩╝╚╝╚╣╔═╝─╚═══╝╚═══╝╚╝╚═══╝─╚╝╚╝╚╝
>───────────────║║
<───────────────╚╝
>>
>>66389426
In that sense, you're right. It's not like Asians are the target of lynch mobs, sure, but I assume you'd get tired of the 'Go back to China' shit day after day.

Just real unwelcome in those closer knit, homogeneous communities, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>66389506
>Lulz, you're a dumbass. Asians are still seen as outsiders in this country.
I never said we're 100% loved in this country, I was answering OPs question as to why Asians aren't hated as much as they were previously.
>>
>>66389704
It's true though economics wise in the U.S. You can't deny facts anon
>>
>>66389695
No, right wing politics is always about building the community. Whether that means throwing out degenerates (far-right) or building a pathway for these people (classic liberalism), it's always about the community.
>>
>>66389971
>Haven't those policies been removed?
Where did you hear that?

Data is from 2015.
https://www.aei.org/publication/acceptance-rates-at-us-medical-schools-in-2015-reveal-ongoing-discrimination-against-asian-americans-and-whites/
>>
>>66389704

Yeah, I forgot the OP here. I've been drinking tonight...

>>66389809

Let's be honest here, aren't you genuinely surprised when you meet an Asian guy who doesn't speak with an accent?
>>
>>66389979
Irrelevant shitpost.
Reported.
>>
>>66387614
japaenese in mainland were in internment camps not all asians

90% of asians are first/second generation
>>
File: 1457076181277.jpg (54 KB, 576x382) Image search: [Google]
1457076181277.jpg
54 KB, 576x382
>>66390080
>Just real unwelcome in those closer knit, homogeneous communities, is what I'm saying.
i'm unwelcome in melbourne because i sound okka and lived on a farm most of my life so they make fun of me for being a "bogan" and shit. if it wasn't because of your appearance it'd eventually be something else
>>
>>66390092

You're saying Asians are more assimilated than other minorities in this country. I don't think so. Just like Latinos and blacks, a lot of Asian immigrants tend to self-segregate in ethnic neighborhoods.

And unlike blacks, Asians are still seen as perpetual foreigners. No one will question a black guy if he said he was born in the US.
>>
>>66390080
> but I assume you'd get tired of the 'Go back to China' shit day after day.

Sure, but I really doubt that happens that often. I'm sure it does sometimes but I don't think it's a widespread thing.

But it seems like we agree. It seems that as a whole, the racism they feel is very mild and casual. It doesn't seem to have any major bad effects on their lives.
>>
>>66390523
>perpetual foreigners

that's because most of you are

like 76% weren't even born in the usa
>>
File: President of Nintendo.jpg (91 KB, 626x346) Image search: [Google]
President of Nintendo.jpg
91 KB, 626x346
>>66387614
>How have they managed this? They were put in fucking internment camps.
High IQ.
Strong sense of family and a culture that promotes hard work and success. Things White people had before Jews took over mass media in the 60s and began indoctrinating them with self-hate and nigger values.
>>
>>66390204
Wow. Well fuck me.

That's just bullshit. If you're white or Asian, your chances are slim to none.
>>
>>66390523
Of course, they're booted out of everywhere they try to go. I'm Asian and in Phoenix, and no matter where I go, I'm always an outsider, even being born in the USA.

So why not just segregate with those that look and act like me instead?
>>
>>66390080
So what, I went to a homogenous native Cree reserve with snow white skin. I stood out. I mean, there isn't any words they can say, gringo? Pasty? Lol we have nothing to be is d against us.

You can't lose it, you can only set an example for everyone.
>>
>>66389831
Not to mention no presence in politics or media
>>
>>66390765

Source on that? I know foreign-born Asians are a significant number but I doubt it's that high.

It is true that Asians are relatively recent immigrants from a historical perspective. Wonder how things will change 1 or 2 generations from now.
>>
>>66390291
> aren't you genuinely surprised when you meet an Asian guy who doesn't speak with an accent?

....no? If anything it would be the opposite. Most Asians I knew growing up were born here and didn't have noticeable accents. Meeting someone with an accent would be surprising.

But I also don't see what that has to do with anything.
>>
>>66390870
I really think that's mostly just self esteem dude

Why do you think you're an outsider? What has anyone said or done to make you feel this way? I think you're projecting a lot.
>>
File: 1430959672089.jpg (84 KB, 716x800) Image search: [Google]
1430959672089.jpg
84 KB, 716x800
>>66390523
So why do you think that Asians don't experience as much hate as they previously did? Asians experiencing less hate than they did previously is certainly true.
>>
>>66390870

Then that's not assimilation. You're just self-segregating. Yeah life will be easier, but in the long run, you're just perpetuating the stereotype that Asians aren't "real" Americans. Whether or not that matters to you is a separate issue entirely.
>>
>>66391171
here's a fun story. I go to a bar to order a drink. The bartender actually asks if I need pictures for the food. I'm sure she's being nice, but talk about assumptions.
>>
>>66387766

AKA hard workers that work harder than you do
>>
There are actually a lot of Asians on 4chan in general, especially on the weeb boards.
A lot of meet up pictures have them in it.
>>
>>66391171
It's 2016.
And Asians are still unrepresentated in the media. The only officer convicted from the BLM movement was Asian. And it's still okay to make fun of Asians in the media like in the academy awards. I've had people literally complain to me how come they can't get girlfriends when they look better than Asian guys, and had people say they like me cause I'm one of the cool Asians. Not the guy your replying too but in no way is American society accommodating towards Asians in the social sphere
>>
>>66390870
Why are you down in that shithole?

If anything move up to the West Coast, there are so many fucking asians here you wouldn't get a second look. Even if looking to the most selective cliques on college campuses, Greek life, there must be at least one a house. People fuck, hang out, and hire asians just like everyone else here, too.
>>
>>66390987

The question is whether Asians are successfully assimilating into the US. I would argue we're not since we're still seen as perpetual foreigners.

>>66391171

Not that guy, but I'll chime in. Still get a lot of surprised looks/disbelief when I talk about my military service. In the US military, not South Korean/Japanese/etc.

>>66391369

You're absolutely right. I definitely think Asians are doing better in areas that we used to suffer in, i.e. media and political representation. Still, I don't think everything is amazing either. We're still seen as not "real" Americans and we're still an acceptable target for racist jokes. Coincidentally, that's why I prefer hanging out with conservatives than liberals. Conservatives will be openly racist, but if they like you as a person, they like you regardless of what they think. Liberals seem to have this two-faced dichotomy where they wring their hands over racism than laugh at Chris Rock's joke at the Oscars.

Tldr I still like /pol/ despite all the chink jokes. At least I know what I'm getting here.
>>
>>66391591
Really, that's the worst example you can think of? I mean, sure she made an assumption based on your race but it was in no way hateful. It sounds more like an honest mistake.

>>66391685
That's Hollywood though. How are Asians mistreated in general, everyday society and life?

Your points about representation are valid, but I don't think not having Asian characters in movies exactly qualifies as oppression.

And please give me a source about the Asian cop.
>>
>>66391747
I just decided I wanted a change in scenery. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad place to live and things are changing more and more as more people from Orange County are moving here for the cheap houses. Pretty soon this place will be a bunch of Whites, Asians, and Mexicans, with a few Blacks.
>>
>>66391685
>the media
Hey little brother, that means your complaint is not with white people.
>one of the cool Asians
China executed every nonconformist for thousands of years.
>BLM
Again, not white people.
>>
>>66392083
I never said it was hateful. However, if you asked if there was a time where I felt that I don't belong, there it is. And of course there are some kids/teens around here that just assume I eat dogs, cats, and do that slant eye shit.
>>
>>66392298
> that means your complaint is not with white people.
When they control it, he does
>>
>>66392014
> I would argue we're not since we're still seen as perpetual foreigners.

HOW? The majority of opinions about Asian Americans is very positive. How are you seen as completely separate?

> Still get a lot of surprised looks/disbelief when I talk about my military service. In the US military, not South Korean/Japanese/etc.

None of you people are actually giving me examples of people being hateful. Those people are likely surprised because hardly any Asians are in the military. Almost all the things I'm hearing are just people making honest mistakes.
>>
File: 1455846545133.gif (342 KB, 666x386) Image search: [Google]
1455846545133.gif
342 KB, 666x386
>>66388391
>>66388361
>>66388258
>mfw living in living in central florida
>lifeguarded a family of koreans absolutely bro tier
>went to there family restaurant for dinner
>food was great and they gave me free desert
>>
>>66392353
> And of course there are some kids/teens around here that just assume I eat dogs, cats, and do that slant eye shit.

Okay see, that's a good example. Thank you. I think most of the other stuff mentioned here was just people making minor mistakes. I think a lot of it more had to do with Asians being small in number than racism, but the thing you mentioned about dog eating is valid.

Hopefully most adults dont to that.
>>
>>66387614
AMERICAN EXPAT

And we will have day of the rope for many of the Chinese in the USA again. The next illegal immigrants after the Mexicans are Chinese. The people making the most outrageous abuse of anchor baby laws are Chinese. And the people creating insular communities where English isn't expected are the Chinese. I remember reading some dumb bitch who had been here for 20+ years complaining about NYC's Chinatown closing down because she couldn't speak English and therefore couldn't survive elsewhere.

Chinese aren't being targeted now because America knows how to flow chart.
>>
>>66392083
I gave you personal examples of Asians being maltreated and perceived as inferior in everyday society. Do you want to give you more examples?

http://everydayfeminism.com/2016/02/aapi-stand-behind-gurley-not-liang/

>Notably, Liang is the only police officer in recent history who has been convicted for killing a Black man.
>>
>>66392405
But anon, Jews control the media.
>>
>>66390291
The ABCs even write in a certain way. You can usually pick out Chinese by the writing alone.
>>
File: black lives are dangerous.png (62 KB, 1000x542) Image search: [Google]
black lives are dangerous.png
62 KB, 1000x542
Because Asians are a hardworking race of actual respectable people. They have a culture that can stand on its own, a history that they can look back to, and a willingness to ADOPT and INNOVATE new things for their future.

Nignogs have:
- Shit-tier parasite culture (that they adore)
- No history to speak of (North African Carthage is too "white" for their selfish complex)
- and above all NO DESIRE TO IMPROVE THEMSELVES.

They consistently complain about injustice while treating each other like shit (93% of black murders are by other blacks).
They blame white cops for murdering their innocent lil dindus while ignoring the fact that white cops only kill blacks at about 46% in weapon-drawn events, whereas black cops kill black people at a rate of >75%.
They are a victim culture, honestly could have been something if the marxist Left hadn't poisoned their brains.
Scientists, mathematicians, nah, lets convince little Brian that his only chance in life is as a token-hire or an entertainer. Good job media, good fucking job.

Pic related
>>
>Asians have the highest suicide rate
>look at this thread
>complain about the stupidest shit "someone thought I was a migrant!"
>not enough asians in acting!

Asians sure are fucking sensitive twats eh?

Asian culture is definitively accepted as American. The problem is you guys seem to think that unless you are accepted as a "white" american you aren't accepted at all.
Blacks are an example of a culture that is not accepted by many americans because of violence/debauchery perceptions. Almost no one is against Asian culture in the U.S except for people who get annoyed by accents or people who have lost their jobs because of offshoring.

By definition you guys are an accepted culture.
>>
>>66392439
>The majority of opinions about Asian Americans is very positive

Don't kid yourself. At best, it's indifferent as long as you don't make racism some big deal.
>MUH MODEL MINORITY INFERIORITY COMPLEX I ACTUALLY HAVE A BIG DICK IT'S ALL WHITEY'S FAULT
I hate it when asians try to jump on the DAS RAYCIST bandwagon, literally nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>66389127
Vietnamese living in Houston here and I've never had anyone be racist to me. Might've been called a chink, but it was all in good jest. There is a very large Vietnamese community as well.
>>
>>66392298
>China executed every nonconformist for thousands of years.
Not even remotely relevant. It's shit like that that justifies my belief that whites are racist against Asians
>>
>>66392846
It really didn't sound like she was mistreating you or seeing you as inferior. She made an ignorant assumption but her intentions were still good.

And non-Asian cops have been convicted. I don't know why you would think literally no other cops have been convicted for killing black people

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/24/chicago-police-shooting-laquan-mcdonald-16-times-murder-charge
>>
There still is racism of people thinking I am some kind of a weak lamb or I don't earn my victories. I win every personal victories and accomplishments and nobody can dare talk down to me. A lot of Asians believe in being alphas in life.
>>
>>66393113
> Asians are great at math
> Asians are doctors
> Asians know karate
> Asian women are hot
> Asians are good with computers

These are the most prevalent stereotypes and none of them are negative. The only really negative ones are that Asian men have small dicks and are bad drivers. And the bad driving thing isn't even that commonly said.
>>
>>66393143
I don't care if you try to complement me while disrespecting my people. Besides we're talking about racism against Asians, she obviously has prejudice against people of Asian descent if she thinks that's true. Also there's a difference between charged and convicted
>>
>>66392989
I'm gonna be honest I genuinely tried to go into this thread open minded and hear if Asians really do experience racism and everything I've heard here is extremely mild and not hateful. The only truly hateful thing was said to be done by children and children are retarded anyway.

The media may be racist against Asians but the media is not everyday life.
>>
>>66390080
Niggers target Asian people at times. Like burglary and harassing delivery people or delis

That is why every Asians have a special slur for niggers.
>>
>implying anyone except for very fringe people hate Asians
Literally almost everyone loves the food and thinks you guys are all geniuses.
>>
asians are even more of a threat to the white race than they are to blacks.

they're playing their sun tzu shit right now. but it's hard not to see them for what they are when you're walking down the street and it's 99% chink, and when on every block there are advertisements in chinkscript about where and how to buy up all the land

learn from australia. we are being stealth cucked by chinks, and if something isn't done about it in the next decade it will be a worse place for whites to live than sweden
>>
>>66393526
You're grasping at straws man. It really sounds like she just made an honest mistake and you're fucking obsessing over it and projecting all kinds of prejudice onto her.

If I was working at a restaurant and I saw some Hispanics, I might ask them the same thing. Do I hate Hispanics? Nope. But a lot of them speak little to no English.
>>
>>66393871
Actually I responded to the wrong person.
I'm not the guy you replied to
>>
>>66393546

I'll agree with you that the worst racism I experienced came from children. I didn't know you were looking for outright examples, but when I was young, the neighborhood kids would call me chink and throw rocks at me from the short walk from my bus stop to my home. Things didn't get better until I moved into a nicer neighborhood. This is also why I hate poor people. We've also had grafitti scrawled on our house and once, someone left a dead cat on the doorstep. Dunno if they expected us to eat it or what.

As an adult, the worst racism I experienced ironically came from other Asians: Asian women. Can't tell you how many times I've heard the same story about why she would not date me but rather would date a white guy. I know /pol/ hates race-mixing, but I've exclusively dated non-Asians chicks from my 20s on.

Also, disagree with you on the media. The media is EXTREMELY powerful in shaping everyday life and perceptions. I'm pretty sure most Asians women hate Asian men specifically because they buy into the media tropes that Asians men are misogynistic/too meek/too cruel/too whatever to be a good boyfriends.
>>
>>66393369
People still assume Asians are timid or pushovers. Sometimes a dangerous combo against primitive niggers.

My personal problem is that I am extremely violent go an Asian and far from timid. I also have a big ass dick
>>
>>66394725
The children thing sucks but children are always outright cool. Especially the poor ones. Sorry you had to go through that though.

> The media is EXTREMELY powerful in shaping everyday life and perceptions. I'm pretty sure most Asians women hate Asian men specifically because they buy into the media tropes that Asians men are misogynistic/too meek/too cruel/too whatever to be a good boyfriends.

Maybe. I mean I will agree that Hollywood's treatment of Asians is pretty fucked, just look at Two Broke Girls.
>>
>>66395188
*outright cruel not cool
>>
>>66393119
Thats cause King of the Hill was GOAT.

>>66394997
Its cause anyone that studies martial arts has the discipline and knows that getting into fights for pride or anything other than self defense is just silly.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.