[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Trump better off if Rubio drops out or stays in after the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
Obviously, little Marco will be in the race until he loses Florida on the 15th. When he drops out, will that help or hurt Trump? Do we need Rubio in the race to take votes away from Cruz? Or is Trump better 1v1 against lying Ted? As a side note, is Kasich the best VP choice for Trump in the general election because Ohio?
>>
Personally, I think it is better if Rubio does not drop out because the polling shows Trump gets the nomination eventually, and those polls are based on a race where Rubio is still a candidate.
>>
Based on what Trump said in his press conference, he wants Ted 1v1.
>>
could Ted clinch Florida if Rubio dropped out?
>>
Trump is best when Rubio, Cruz, Kasich, and Carson are in the race.

Carson dropping out clearly hurt Trump. The rest of the crew have to stick in there if Trump is to win.
>>
>>66387588
Trump has Florida.
>>
>>66387588
And Rubio will definitely be in the race when Florida votes on the 15th
>>
File: 23g29m2g.jpg (605 KB, 1988x426) Image search: [Google]
23g29m2g.jpg
605 KB, 1988x426
>>66384802
He won't win a single state after Lubio and Kashit drop out.
>>
Who /truz/ here?
>>
Hurt.

If Rubio drops out most of his supporters are going to Rato.
>>
>>66384802
Nope. Trump barely beats cruz in the polls he wins.

Rubio's voters will all go to Cruz and give him more of a boost.
>>
If Rubio drops out I'd guess his votes would split between Trump/Cruz.

He's a "moderate" so some of his voters like him because he's not as extreme as Cruz. Some of those will go to Trump as Trump has some moderate positions (for instance, anti-interventionist which Cruz is not) Some of his votes will go to Cruz since some of the moderates are just plain afraid of Trump and will vote for anyone against him. Some will just not vote for either.

So I don't think it really matters. It does help to have him in there taking some votes from Cruz but I don't think a majority of his voters would support Cruz if he dropped out.
>>
>>66388289
I think so too, but Trump wants Ted 1v1. Trump knows what he is doing.
>>
On the one hand, most of Rubio's supporters would probably go to the Canadian at first because they are mostly cucks. On the other hand, in a 1v1 brawl, Trump can fuck Ted up rhetorically when he's not getting hit from multiple angles, and maybe poach some of those supporters.
>>
>>66384802
The GOPe has officially dropped Rubio.
100% percent of his votes will go to Cruz.
Had it been the other way around, a nice chunk of Cruz voters would have went to Trump instead of Rubio.
>>
File: 1201122473818.jpg (115 KB, 481x721) Image search: [Google]
1201122473818.jpg
115 KB, 481x721
>>66384802
>trump aims at jeb
>jeb gets 7 delegates
>spent 138M
>literally on suicide watch
>trump then focuses on rubio
>can't pick up a county today
>next trump points his dick at cruz
the man is crushing anyone who dares attack him. should be easy next debate
>>
>>66387933

3 points? don't think so.
>>
>>66388813
Source? I'm genuinely interested. I thought Trump was up by 20.
>>
>>66388976
538 has it at 41/34/13 Trump/Rubio/Cruz

not hard to imagine >70% of Rubio's supporters would go Cruz
>>
>>66388731
>next trump points his dick at cruz
>cruz's inner homosexual comes out
>he gets on his knees
>he begs The Unstumpable to let him suck him off
>The Unstumable smirks, laughs, says 'filthy degenerate', zips his dick back up, and walks up to the mic
>"There you have it, my fellow Americans. Cruz is a faggot. So who are you going to vote for: a faggot, or a unifier who will Make America Great Again?"
>>
>>66384802
>>66387924
That was before he opened up such a delegate lead. Now the only chance at stopping him is preventing him from arriving at the convention with a majority in pledged delegates. The fewer opponents, the sooner he'll pass that threshold.
>>
>>66389316
I live in FL and, outside of South Florida, there is no way 70% of Rubio's votes go to Ted.
>>
>>66389316
it'd be interesting if rubio was realistic and dropped out. would 2/3rds of his group go to cruz?
>>
>>66389882
There is no way Rubio quits before Florida. Literally impossible.
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 256x191) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 256x191
>>66384802
Cruz is going to be the nominee. As soon as Rubot and Kasich drop out, most of his base will go to Cruz.
>>
>>66384802

If trump wins enough winner-take-all states, it won't really matter
>>
>>66390116
Shill
>>
>>66384802
They are launching a 75 million dollar attack on Trump. They know Trump voters cannot be swayed with lies. They hope they can damage his reputation enough so once either Rubio or Cruz drop out, the other of them get the majority of the remaining votes. That is the GOP's final bet to beat Trump.
>>
>>66391151
This is true. But will it be effective?
>>
>>66390060
i don't see what he'd expect to happen. sure, win florida - doesn't trump and cruz have half the delegates needed already?
>>
>>66384802
Rubio supporters would go to Kasich and Ted, not a good idea
>>
>>66391343
Only time will tell, it's a gamble on their part.

What is sure that either of them will only drop out after a very, very vicious smear attack that hasn't been seen so far thus yet. An attack way bigger than the one in the Fox debate with ads running 24/7 in the remaining caucus states. It will be a very though time coming for Trump leading up to and the months after Florida but if he manages to stay ahead during that time he is pretty much guaranteed the candidacy ( and election ). The only way the GOP can prevent Trump from becoming president at that point is by rallying a third party sabotaging not only the presidential bid but also supreme court which will pretty much doom conservative America forever forcing the GOP to become much more liberal to even have a chance of a future election.
>>
>>66384802
Trump is goading Rubio into staying as long as possible.

Rubio will be beside himself to call it quits after Trump forcefully demanded it in that press conference.
>>
>>66391965
>and election
Do you really believe this? It's starting to look reasonable that he could get the nomination, but does he have what it takes to beat the cumdumpster?
>>
>>66384802
trump would be better off if rubio drops out. cruz would also probably be better off ironically.
>>
>>66387588

possibly
>>
>>66384802

Compare and contrast Trump in front of congress (1990s) and Trump in Scotland (recent.) He's not the man we think he is.

1v1, he will lose.

China
Mexico
Trade
Wall

That's all he talks about. He's on record as being flexible on his stances. Will he actually deport the shitskins? Will he actually build the wall?
>>
File: 1456990581389.png (394 KB, 477x632) Image search: [Google]
1456990581389.png
394 KB, 477x632
If Rubio drops out he can't pass the baton to Romney. Rubio is carrying Romney's votes, however little they are. If Rubio leaves, the establishment vote will have nobody to vote for except maybe Kasich. Those voters may become demoralized with nobody to vote for that they wont support Romney when he steals the nomination.

I get the feeling Kasich is the redheaded step kid though, or else they'd have already promised him some position for dropping out and giving Rubio his endorsement.
>>
Trump asked rubio to drop out because he actually wants rubio to stay if that makes sense to anyone
>>
>>66384802
Kasich is as bad as Rato. No fucking way
>>
>>66384802

It really depends. Cruz is probably more popular than Rubio in Florida, or at least has less dirt.

However, if you're looking at Trump vs. Cruz, that means Trump can go all in on Cruz and ignore Rubio. That's bad for Cruz.

Also good for Trump, is that Rubio stops running 40 million worth of ads against Trump in Florida. Most is probably going to continue, but maybe some won't.

I think Rubio will probably stay in though, but just throwing out the idea that he is collapsing means he might go down, and Cruz will go up.

That makes it much easier for Trump because it puts a bigger gap between him and the higher of the two in a winner take all state..
>>
>>66392692

Trump will build the wall 110%, it's going to happen. He can do it in less than 4 years, and when it's built the success would all but guarantee a second term. If you believe otherwise you're legit fucking retarded.

Deportation of any criminal illegals (beyond being illegal in the first place) will be 100%, that is guaranteed. The rest, he might be kind to families by giving them work permits so they have some advanced notice before they have to go back to Mexico. My gut says he will do that, and deport all them gradually over the 3 or 4 years it takes to build the wall, so that when the wall is built most all of them are outside of the country. Many will self-deport when it becomes obvious, people always forget that.

As for the others, trade deals will definitely be negotiable, but I think he'll keep most promises. TPP will be gone, definitely. NAFTA, will be looked at, definitely. Those two things are guaranteed, which is good enough.

He talks about much more than those four things by the way. I know there isn't much Trump exposure over on reddit, but you'll catch up eventually.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.