[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do y'all really think it's okay to suppress and censor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: rothko chapel, tx.jpg (531 KB, 1500x1176) Image search: [Google]
rothko chapel, tx.jpg
531 KB, 1500x1176
Do y'all really think it's okay to suppress and censor abstract art?
>>
>>66379886
>abstract art
Its fucking nothing then
>>
>>66379886
>abstract art
intothetrashitgoes.png
>>
Who thinks it's okay to suppress abstract art? It's possible to criticise something without thinking it should be banned.
>>
the only person whose actually done that is Hilter. So yes
>>
it looks like everything in that room is already censored
>>
People having a go at Mark fucking Rothko art. You really are the plebbiest plebs /pol/.
>>
>>66379886
>suppress
>censor
No need. The only people that buy the shit are criminals and jewish nihilists.

Modern art is a money laundering scheme like any other business with subjective value.

>buy painting for 10 million dollars
>report 10 million dollar product on taxes purchased by an anonymous buyer/group/committee
>money is now clean
And that's how you make dirty money clean.
>>
>>66379886
>Jewish Russian descent
EVERYTIME
>>
File: black on maroon.jpg (34 KB, 1536x1089) Image search: [Google]
black on maroon.jpg
34 KB, 1536x1089
>>66379991
>>66380100
You really think this is worthless? I find it quite emotionally powerful, even without any pictorial representation.
>>
Figurative art became about as useless as pottery after the camera came along

Spend 3 months on a painting or go "click" hmmmm I wonder why people stopped doing that
>>
File: 1365351373406.jpg (1 MB, 2144x1424) Image search: [Google]
1365351373406.jpg
1 MB, 2144x1424
>>66381944
>You really think this is worthless? I find it quite emotionally powerful, even without any pictorial representation.
How much weed have you smoked? Be honest
>>
>>66381717

I don't get it.
>>
File: 1431823531841.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431823531841.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>66382330
It's bait, friend
>>
>>66379886
I would think that's an empty room and walk right through it.
>>
>>66379886
Seems like that room is about as much a part of the art experience there as the actual paintings. I wonder if that's intentional or what.
>>
>>66380205
Ha. Boom.
>>
>>66379886
Yes because it's worthless 1st world bourgeois pretentiousness.
>>
>>66382521

that gif makes me strangely happy
>>
>>66379886
>what the fuck am i reading?
>what WOULD they sensor?
>it's alright, it's pol, they know shit about modern art
>cant tell dif between figurative art and abstract art.
>funny all day
>>
>>66379886
The ceiling/lights above it are far more interesting than anything in that room
>>
I absolutely believe that it's OK to censor art I dislike -- along with speech and writings I dislike.

Just censor everything I dislike, really.
>>
>>66382308
You can't make a realistic picture of something that doesn't exist with a camera.
>>
>>66382747
i noe rite. pepls not shitting on streets like their somebody. oh look at me im the earl of west havenbrook i haz a toilet i can afford art to put in my ivory tower
>>
File: 1455312296163.gif (279 KB, 478x482) Image search: [Google]
1455312296163.gif
279 KB, 478x482
>Abstract
>Art
pick one and only one you nigger
>>
>>66379886
>itt peasants who have never seen a real rothko
>>
>>66382330
>>66382521
>>66381944
>smug expressive realist know nothing babbies insulting a genius like Rothko

Never change pol
>>
>>66382492
Money laundering is when you do something to make dirty money clean. Figuratively.

If I make a bunch of money selling drugs, I would want to buy a mansion. If I have a mansion but my taxes reflect that I don't make enough money with whatever legitimate money-generating source I've claimed on my taxes to buy a mansion (for example, if I work at Wal-Mart but buy a mansion) then the government will suspect I'm not reporting income. I would not report income for two reasons, I don't want to pay taxes or I'm making money illegally.

To circumvent this, I could be a big time drug lord and sell my clients drugs along with a hastily-made piece of garbage abstract art that takes no skill or time.

This way I can tell the government I made the money doing that instead of selling drugs.

You can replace a lot of those variables, but the essence is the same.

Obviously, anyone with half a brain who's familiar with taxes and money laundering can see right through this (including you now, yay). However, the kikes who pull the strings have their grubby little Palestinian-child-blood-soaked, hummus-smelling, smaller-than-their-nose kike fingers in every illicit money-making scheme out there, and they have everyone who could do anything about it in their pockets, and they have brainwashed the general public into accepting that there's just some outlandishly rich idiots out there willing to fork up a gorillion shekels for a circle drawn with period blood.
>>
>>66382330
I actually haven't smoked more than a couple times in my life. You realize, though, that the architecture you're posting is also abstract art not dissimilar from Rothko?
>>
Abstract art censors itself.
>>
>>66379886
I don't get it. Is that picture depicting censored blacked-out portraits or are the black panels supposed to be the art?
>>
File: trump-art-of-the-deal.jpg (232 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
trump-art-of-the-deal.jpg
232 KB, 1049x1500
The God-Emperor does not approve of abstract art. From the Art of the Deal:

>2:45 P.M.A friend of mine, a highly successful and very well known painter, calls to say hello and to invite me to an opening. I get a great kick out of this guy because, unlike some artists I’ve met, he’s totally unpretentious.

>A few months back he invited me to come to his studio. We were standing around talking, when all of a sudden he said to me, “Do you want to see me earn twenty-five thousand dollars before lunch?” “Sure,” I said, having no idea what he meant. He picked up a large open bucket of paint and splashed some on a piece of canvas stretched on the floor. Then he picked up another bucket, containing a different color, and splashed some of that on the canvas. He did this four times, and it took him perhaps two minutes. When he was done, he turned to me and said, “Well, that’s it. I’ve just earned twenty-five thousand dollars. Let’s go to lunch.”

>He was smiling, but he was also absolutely serious. His point was that plenty of collectors wouldn’t know the difference between his two-minute art and the paintings he really cares about. They were just interested in buying his name.

>I’ve always felt that a lot of modern art is a con, and that the most successful painters are often better salesmen and promoters than they are artists. I sometimes wonder what would happen if collectors knew what I knew about my friend’s work that afternoon. The art world is so ridiculous that the revelation might even make his paintings more valuable! Not that my friend is about to risk finding out.
>>
>>66384737
The black panels are the art. Some of them are slightly different in tone I believe. Believe it or not this blocks of solid color stuff is actually quite satisfying to see in person, especially the really good ones like Rothko. I personally think it's just because it tricks you into meditating but whatever.

pic related seems more interesting to me in just about every way but the abstract art people are impossible to argue with without literally learning an entire branch of philosophy, so there's no paint saying this to them.
>>
>>66385159
Why are you quoting the words of Tony Schwartz?
>>
File: 1444255077675.jpg (35 KB, 712x534) Image search: [Google]
1444255077675.jpg
35 KB, 712x534
>>66380205
damn mind blown
>>
>>66383337
You don't think Picasso is an artist?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.