[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Trump underperform in caucus states?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 1456492910125.webm (2 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
1456492910125.webm
2 MB, 718x404
This has always been true, from Iowa, where he had a 6 point lead on Cruz but Cruz ended up 4 points ahead to Kansas, where polls showed Trump at 20% ahead, yet Trump Cruz won by 25 points. He almost always landslides in primaries though, so what's up with the caucuses?
>>
My theory is that many Trump supporters like to keep the fact that they support him secret due to bluepilled family/friends who will ostracize them if they support Trump openly. So, Trump poll well due to the anonymity of polls but caucuses poorly doe to ashamed supporters.
>>
>>66375163
My guess is that Trump voters just have less time or patience to wait at caucuses.
>>
>>66375163
Seriously?
Caucuses are criminally easy to rig. Boy you guys are gullible. The GOP has your back!
>>
>>66375163
Liberals and now a sect of conservatives use a type of mob rule, in which ostracizes anyone who steps out of line.

Supporting trump over the status quo, and having you name attached to that decision for all to see, is most certainly stepping out of line.
>>
kek nice gif

could be christie instead of trump too
>>
>>66375554

I thought Republican caucuses still had ballots.
>>
>>66376677
Wouldn't primaries be easier to rig though?
>>
>>66376677
wouldn't Trump be able to rig them as well then?

I'm not necessarily saying he would, just wondering
>>
>>66377188
They do ballots, at the end.
>>
>>66375163
Because caucus states are anti-democratic. Your votes are public knowledge. The GOP uses this and liberal's strong hatred of Trump to entice people not to show up. They are legitimately scared to show up and vote or they'll face violence or get fired. Also, GOP has heavy control and electioneers in caucuses.
>>
>>66377249
Caucuses don't mean anything.

Rigging the primaries would be highly illegal.
>>
>>66378648
Is caucus rigging illegal? if not why?
>>
>>66375554
I wanted to keep my support secret, but on super tuesday I said FUCK it. Turns out 3 of the 15 co-workers and 1 of 3 managers at my office are Pro trump. Three of my co-workers became openly hostile, 2 were lesbian tumblrinas, and the other one is a self proclaimed communist.
I have been getting shitty work assignments from the other 2 managers, they are being reported to HR because they confessed that the treatment was based on my political views.
>>
>>66377188
There's a ballot at the end - same for Democratic caucuses - but between the start of the caucus and the ballot count at the end, you have to publicly stand and support your candidate.

That puts a LOT of pressure on people supporting less popular or more controversial candidates.
>>
>>66378856
Addendum
I never even professed my political preferences on site. I was at the time friends with 5 of my co-workers on facebook, and I guess that the others found out when we all started Sharing trump shit.
>>
>>66375163
Same reason Bernie underperforms - they can be manipulated without paper trails or recounts.
>>
>>66375163
They're rigged
>>
>>66378856
>they are being reported to HR because they confessed that the treatment was based on my political views.

Generally, HR is populated by women.
>>
>>66378856
Some of my co-workers are saying they'll cut off contact with anyone who even thinks about voting for Trump over Clinton. It's a massive liberal circlejerk.
>>
>>66379723
My company was nearly dragged into a massive lawsuit because of semi-political discrimination last year.
HR has an objectivity mandate, the CEO made it very clear that should any discrimination based on a persons beliefs, positions, or out-of-work activity affect the way they are rated, treated, or handled the matter will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. I might get that promotion after all.
>>
>>66379661
Sure as shit seems rigged. But I might be wearing blinders about the amount of total Trump support.
>>
>>66375554
Sounds like a reasonable theory. It's a shame that people feel like they have to keep secret that they support someone who puts our own country and it's own people first.
>>
>>66375163
In caucus states people who get to vote are mostly actual republicans and not just the ones who were recently swayed by Trump. As in, people who voted for Bush/McCain/Romney get to vote, and they tend to vote more for other cucks.
>>
>>66378943

Why is it like that? Wouldn't that kind of process bring corruption
>>
>>66379723
I went to business school, the people that can't figure out math go into marketing, the people that can't figure out marketing go into human resources. At good places they are generally ignored by everyone with no consequence.
>>
>>66375554
It's a mix of that and the fact that the people running the caucus' are typically long time members of their party.

So most of those guys will be pushing a particular candidate, more than likely not-Trump given long time GOP members are probably his worse demographic.
>>
>>66378943
Caucuses are just pretty retarded all around aren't they
>>
>>66375554
Fuck you lightweight chokers. I'm voting before work for Trump on March 15th in Florida while sporting my red MAGA hat. I'm wearing the hat into work that day as well.
>>
>>66380816
Yeah. The idea of a community reaching a general consensus is a good one, but the implementation of caucus' is just horrible. Very open to being manipulated, as well as leaving people open to being socially affected because of who they vote for.

The cons waaay outweigh the pros. It's an archaic system and should be phased out.
>>
>>66377536
Obviously, but his whole thing is he's the only one running an honest campaign
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.