[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
morality question. imagine you descover a relative of yours have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 4
morality question.
imagine you descover a relative of yours have done something against the law.
what would you do?
would you confront an uncle personaly if you saw him go over the speed limit?
would you tell the police if your cousine twice removed was a thief?
would you help your doughter hide the body of someone she murdereed?
>>
>>66373095
depends on what they did and how close i am with them. Like if an uncle i hate went over the speed limit, i'm not gonna say shit thats stupid. If my kid needs help burying the body, i'll probably turn them if if i have other kids
>>
My mother, I would help hide the body.
My father, I would take the murder charge for if necessary.

Everyone else can fuck themselves.
>>
>>66373559
interesting. so the number of relatives enters into the equession for you.

>>66373685
what about lesser crimes? tax evasion?

i think there are 4 ways to respond: help to avoide the law, do nothing, confront personally, and lastely, report to the authoroties.

relations can also be roughly broken down to: kids,wife,
borthers + sisters + parents, grandparents+ uncles + aunts, and so on.
do you agree?
>>
>>66374836
The same stance goes for anything.

My mother, I would help, but ultimately she's on her own if the cops get their paws on it.
My dad, I'll take the bullet for, if necessary, and everything leading up to it.
If I have kids, I won't report them, but I won't help them. Probably confront them and attempt to get them to fix it, if it's fixable. Ultimately they're on their own though.
If I get a wife, she'll be someone I'll have the same stance with as my dad, or she won't be my wife.
I don't have siblings. If I did, they'd be treated like my kids would.
Everyone else can fuck off, I'm not getting involved.
>>
>>66375452
why would you help them cover for murder though? they just killed a man!
how is it moral to not help bring them to justice?
>>
>>66375797
I owe my life to my parents.
My mother less so than my dad, as all she really did was bring me to term, but it's still a debt.
My father has put up with a lot raising me, and I'm not sure it's possible to repay. To me, the man can not do wrong.

I would of course report them if I believed either had lost their mind in some way. Psychosis or what have you.
>>
>>66376424
do you think this is a good aproach to be held by the general public? do you think this aproach should be taught in schools?
>>
>>66373095
this is a really quality thread already. nice job.
>>
>>66376654
I think it is probably a mentality which isn't particularly beneficial to society at large.
I think it's the way most people think, though, regardless of how it serves society.
>>
>Muh secular morality
>>
>>66376985
im not sure. many people turn their relatives in.
if its not a good view to be held by the general public, wouldnt that make it imoral?

>>66378066
please, share what views you hold.
>>
>>66376909
ty mate.
>>
>>66378179
Bible
>>
>>66378179
Likely immoral, but I owe my parents as much.
>>
>>66378428
You think your parents wanted you? They most likely had sex to satiate their primal urges. Such is life in secular socities.

You don't owe them anything.
>>
>>66378638
I was an accident, but that doesn't change the fact that they raised me, and have looked out for me beyond what they had any obligation to.
>>
>>66378346
if your father was at war and came back leading two people in chains to work around the house you would be okay with it?
if your brother lay with a man would you report him to be executed by stonning?
>>
NEVER SNITCH

but really I wouldn't unless I felt like I could prevent more harm
>>
>>66378776
They most likely did that out of personal (i.e. selfish) reasons as well. If you don't take care of your children you are shunned by society.
>>
>>66378929
you would report all crimes comited by your family then? have you ever reported a crime, or did they never broke any law?
>>
I wouldn't snitch on a relative if it's a victimless crime.
Something like murder would be unacceptable.
>>
>>66379142

No I mean lets say my son killed someone (and had good reason) I would support him. If I thought he would kill again I would turn him in.
>>
>>66378886
>if your father was at war and came back leading two people in chains to work around the house you would be okay with it?
Depends on what ethnicity and for what reason. Also are you talking literal chains or just using that as a metaphor for slavery?

>if your brother lay with a man would you report him to be executed by stonning?

Executed by whom? Also, we are to forgive those who plead for forgiveness. You have to give more information about the circumstances.
>>
>>66379248
recless driving puts other people in danger, would you report that?
how about tax evasion?
>>
>>66376424

>Psychosis or what have you.

I still wouldn't.
>>
>>66373559

confirmed femanon kys
>>
>>66379356
what if it was a lesser crime than murder.
lets say he robbed a gas station. shouldnt he see justice?
>>
>>66373095

>would you confront an uncle personaly if you saw him go over the speed limit?

Maybe I'd tell him that he fucked up but I wouldn't report him to the police. That's a minor thing.

>would you tell the police if your cousine twice removed was a thief?

I don't really get the question but assuming you meant that the cousin stole twice then... I'd tell him to stop that shit immediately but I'd not report him. I'd try to watch over him so that he doesn't do it again. Sooner or later he would get himself into trouble with this behaviour anyway.

>would you help your doughter hide the body of someone she murdereed?

No way... That's a bit crass. I guess I'd drive to the police with her and tell her to be honest about what happened.
I'd not raise my daughter to be a retard in the first place though.
>>
>>66379562
you wouldnt do anything to attempt and try to stop your son if he was planning a mass shooting?
really?
>>
If they murdered someone or commited some grave crime yes.
Otherwise no.
>>
>>66379703
if he was to do say 6 months for a theft I would turn him in and not bail him out. If they tried to hit him with more time (attempted murder and such) I would bail him
>>
>>66378179
>if its not a good view to be held by the general public, wouldnt that make it imoral?

Fuck off Kant.
>>
>>66379770
so you esclate the severity of your action according to the severity of the crime.
would you acted differently if it wasa friend or someone you dont know?
>>
>>66379505
I would personally scold them for reckless driving as that puts the general public in danger.
Tax evasion I don't give a fuck about, let the government take care of it themselves.
>>
>>66379997
so you would only report him for medium offences, but not for light or severe ones? did i get that right?
>>
>>66380422
Moving in large crows also puts the general public in danger. You attract jihadists trying to blow themselves up.

Would you scold them for moving in crowds as well?
>>
>>66380640
crowds*
>>
>>66373095
I wouldn't sell out a family member for anything short of murder
>>
>>66380422
do you hold the same standard for everyone, or do you take it easier on relatives?
>>
File: disapproval intensifies.gif (2 MB, 383x204) Image search: [Google]
disapproval intensifies.gif
2 MB, 383x204
>>66373095
>morality question.
>imagine you descover a relative of yours have done something against the law.
>morality
>law

Holy fuck, the brainwashing is real, and none of you even called him on it. I can't believe I'm stuck here with you morons.
>>
>>66380331

I try to stay out of things that don't affect me. So it would technically not matter who was the offender. But if I was in a situation where I was obliged to act in some way then closeness to the person would matter. People I know are usually also people I trust. If they did something wrong then I will believe that it did not happen out of malice at first. And therefore I'll try to help them fix things in a manner that doesn't give them outright trouble first.
>>
>>66380747
why is murder the exception?
you would give them in for stealing for a man,
but help them if they murdered him?
>>
>>66380962

See >>66378066
>>
>>66380962
But I agree. These secular morons don't understand that moral relativism is fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>66380584

Yea light offenses are not worth the trouble going through the state and major offenses may take them away forever which is almost like killing them.
>>
>>66380962
i specifically put it that way. i thought the question of upholding laws you dont agree with would rise.

>>66380963
you would go easier on them, but ultimately if they did wrong they deserve the same punishment, yes?
>>
>>66373095
Fuck off kike. As if your kind has any fucking morals.
>>
>>66381034
Why are you even asking these questions though? You're coming off as if you got a school assignment to figure out the morality behind right-winged white people.
>>
>>66380962
Can you at least state why you disagree?
>>
>>66381314
but if they did a major offence dont they deserve to be punished?
>>
>>66381527
Because he's not a complete idiot, and understands that secularism and moral absolutism are incompatible?
>>
>>66381532

That is for me to decide before the state
>>
>>66378346
Literally wants a caliphate-tier government.
Get bent. The religious institutions proved to be just as corrupt and degenerate when they were in power.
>>
>>66380640
Suicide bombers aren't exactly a widespread problem in the USA lol

>>66380748
I'd be a little more lenient towards family, I'd rather try to talk sense into them than report them directly to police. Things like murder would be unacceptable though, and I would report them. Though I don't go around sticking my nose in stranger's business, so I'd have to accidentally witness something.
>>
>>66373095
1st one, who gives a shit
2nd one, if they robbed a bank yes, if they shoplifted who cares
3rd one, no
>>
>>66381700
Biblical law is perfection. Why don't you go and play dress-up with your waifu or something, heathen.
>>
I would turn a blind eye as long as any victims of any crimes are jews or niggers or jewniggers.
>>
>>66381711
>Suicide bombers aren't exactly a widespread problem in the USA lol

Mass-shootings then, if you prefer. There are plenty of ways you can spin it.
>>
>>66381328

Punishment by who? The sentence set by the law?

I would accept that punishment for any convicted person even though I may disagree with it (like how I'm usually unhappy how easy people get off with severe crimes at court).

It also really matters if the commited crime was only an accident or done on purpose. If done on purpose I would have a lot less qualms to report it.
>>
>>66381665
Is that a question? I asked for a statement.
>>
>>66382181
It was a rhetorical question.
>>
>>66373095
i keep telling my asshole parents they drive too fast
then durrr da poleece dun takes their license away and dey mad af

FUCKING IDIOTS
>>
>>66381954
I don't even watch anime. Look at the ignorant masses that are the religious followers. You'd literally let your priest cuck you with your wife if he said it was in the bible.

Only fools and the mentally ill literally need someone to teach them right from wrong when reaching adulthood.
>>
had to swich browser, the captcha is killing me.
>>66379364
would it matetr if there were litteral chains?
im not aware of the bible condoning only slavery of one race or another.

>>66381667
you decide your own actions, of course.
i personally wouldnt have felt comfortable knowing i harbor a person that did serious crimes, it would infringe on my sense of justice.

>>66381711
alright.
>>
>>66382313
That's shit-tier rhetoric, sven.
>>
>>66382442
lol
>>
>>66382559
>Only fools and the mentally ill literally need someone to teach them right from wrong when reaching adulthood.
There is no right or wrong from a secular perspective. That's the entire point, you intellectually inferior heathen. I'll say it again: Secularism is incompatible with moral absolutism.

>Look at the ignorant masses that are the religious followers
Assuming I follow mainstream christianity. I said the Bible.

>You'd literally let your priest
See answer above.
>>
>>66381034
I guess murder isn't the only exception, rape or other serious stuff too.

Minor crimes like selling drugs and stuff isn't wrong enough for me to want to ruin their life and get them sent to prison. I wouldn't help them commit a crime or anything, I would just look the other way with less serious crimes because I don't backstab family
>>
>>66382566
The bible mentions race thoroughly. The white race is divine, and is not to intermingle with non-whites. We've come to establish the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
>>
>>66382916
>Literally needs a little rule book to tell him right from wrong.
You've proven nothing, sven. Having to follow what someone else ma or may not have written is ultimately flawed in that you're following another person. Absolutely incapable of making your own decisions, you are thus inferior to me. My lineage will be preserved with the times, while you'll fall behind to the dustbin of history, friend.

Also have fun implementing that little pamphlet of yours into law without your caliphate.
>>
>>66381505
those are questions that bother me sometimes, and i thought it would be interesting to see other peoples take on this.
>>66383457
read the parts about slavery again. there is one law for genitals and onother law for belivers, but there is lawful slavery of both.

>>66383329
but would you report drug dealers to the police if you dont know them?
>>
>>66373095
Depends on the crime.
Speeding? Lol no.
Murder? I'd be hesitant to protect my family from the authorities, but if I know for sure it wasn't my family member that murdered someone I'd defend them rigorously.
However, they should still be seen by the authorities to not make the case that they were hiding something.
Treason? Well... then it's a matter of ideology. If I agree with it, I'll help my family member; if not, then I'll tell them to kick rocks.
>>
>>66383902
I think you misunderstood me. I never said the Bible is a requisite to live according to its moral laws.

How does it feel though, that you can morally justify anything with secularism and moral relativism? Why do you think the SJWs are doing so good?
>>
>>66384250
A better question would be 'why do you think people with your train of thought are doing so bad?'

Another would be 'How does it feel that your ideals are obsolete?'.

Listen, Sven, I am all for weeding out the morally degenerate, but the previous implementation of your version of law was indeed flawed. Please elaborate what you think is a better system?
>>
File: Bill.jpg (98 KB, 1536x1280) Image search: [Google]
Bill.jpg
98 KB, 1536x1280
>>66384250
>>66384037

both of you should BTFO
>>
>>66384250
O, and I speak strictly within the confines of politics and government. I imagine our ideas of what's morally degenerate could be similar.
>>
File: 1451926751108.jpg (30 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1451926751108.jpg
30 KB, 540x540
>>66373095
>No you fag
>who are did they steal from?
>it's entirely possible
>>
>>66384934
Is he crying because he has to eat a bunch of hot dogs?
>>
>>66384698
Which previous implementation are you talking about?

A better system would be the Kingdom of Heaven, and that will come in due time. Things will get worse before they get better. I'm just arguing why secular morality is pointless.
>>
>>66384934
you would probably cover for any crime a close relative of yours would do.
would you want to live in a place where this is a common practice?
>>
>>66385368
The previous establishment of medieval times that applied theistic rule over yurope. Duh.

You just make it sound more like a cult. Rebrand the name and you might get followers.
>>
>>66385368
So you're in and out saying you believe in the bible, but then saying you don't believe it to be absolute. Make up your mind.
>>
>>66385695
>You just make it sound more like a cult. Rebrand the name and you might get followers

It's not a cult, nor a movement. That's the precise reason for why there isn't a name or official denomination.

>>66385931
I said secular morality can't be absolute. Not once, did I say theistic.
>>
>>66373095
>obeying the rule of law
This is the saddest thing you can do unless you risk jail for not doing so. The idea that society runs off of people being civil is propaganda from the elite class who realize that society runs off people controlling each other, the police and the state being but pieces of the power structure.
>>
>>66386317
I care more about what you think would be a better idea of government, friend. Yes, you say moral relativism is flawed, but the topic has moved onto something better; what do you propose?

You mention the bible and Kingdom of Heaven. Both hinting at a theistic ideal for what you think is a better form of governing people. You see what i'm getting at?

Give your ideas to 4chan, sven.
>>
>>66386754
There's no point. You're either called or you're not. You either understand the message of the Bible or you don't. People have been trying to convert people to their faith for millennia. Nothing I say will change anybody's mind.
>>
>>66387168
Then why bother preaching about how moral relativism is wrong without preaching about your own ideas?

Damn shitposter.
>>
>>66387513
I honestly have no idea. It's weird how people can't see that fundamental truth. It's common sense. I've had this conversation plenty of times. People have no refutal, and can't defend their position. It always ends in temper tantrums.

But yeah, I will probably stop talking about morality.
>>
>Placing muh morality over loyalty

You cucks are why whites are losing.
>>
>>66373095
h...hey, hey do you know who I am? cut that shit out

kek

nah it's blood there, you either shut up or you just ask that relative in question. You do never say this to your other relatives or anyone else.

Blood stick together always

the one obvious one were ofc if your relative was, god forbid, a pedo or a terrorists, that's the only two exceptions in the book. Those two mentioned groups should be gassed, blood or no blood
>>
I would turn in a relative if the consequence of not turning them in was that i am charged with a crime. speeding wouldnt count. also, if i believed they were innocent, and it was a lower level offense, no. but I should make clear to friends and family that i dont cover up major crimes, so dont tell me about them. some people think family should, which is BS. "no snitching" is schoolyard ethics.
>>
>>66388816
you win the stupid award. pedophlia is not a crime, unless acted on. terrorism is an abstract concept, terrorist acts are always crimes anyway. so me planting fake germ powder to get my way is worse then murdering the president cause i hate him, and being sexually attracted to a 13 yr old girl is worse than being a serial rapist of adult women? if you were my brother, id turn you in to the thought police for idiocy, and let them have their way with you.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.