[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is suicide ever morally justified?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 600x451
Is suicide ever morally justified?
>>
>>66329907
No. It's a huge abandonment of responsibility.
>>
Morality is shit
>>
>>66329907

only if you're Randy Quaid flying your F-18 into the mothership
>>
>>66329907
i mean Hospice is already assisted suicide, i think if your sick and dying who cares.
>>
>>66329907
Sure. If you suffer from a disease that takes a long time to hit the final stadium but without exception gets there eventually, like AD, and you become a huge burden on your family, it's better for everyone to just end it.
>>
>>66329907
we should take a page from japan and bring back the suicide kamikaze

or at least a suicide for the benefit of our military.

or live fire practice lol
>>
>>66329907
>Is suicide ever morally justified?

Well, sometimes people are given the choice to kill themselves or have their family fucked over. So technically yes.
>>
It's your life. You can do whatever the hell you want with it.
>>
>>66331239

Basically this. If your suicide will save other people, then yes. But that's a very narrow window of morality.
>>
>>66330201
HELLO BOYS
>>
>>66329907
Better question why only white people do it
>>
>>66329907
is it ever not?
>>
>>66330595
agreed
>>
File: Amazo_evolved.png (79 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
Amazo_evolved.png
79 KB, 350x262
>>66329907
It's fine in my book if the person in question did something horrible like murder another person or other people
>>
>>66329907
when you're terminally ill and in constant pain
anyone who disagrees with this is a jackass
>>
>>66331747
Factually incorrect.
>>
No. Do you realize how much time, money and bullshit your parents faced to raise you?
>>
It's only morraly correct when you are doing it for a moral cause in war.

e.g japanese kamikazes in ww2.

In every other case it just shows you are a self defeated cuck who can't handle life.
>>
>>66329907
It's a personal choice, morality has no part in it.
>>
>>66329907
>morally justified
kek are you shitting me? you think anyone who wants to die gives a fuck about the morality of it? get your head out of your god damn ass, moron
>>
>>66329907
Yes, do it OP.
>>
File: 1455990873504-pol.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1455990873504-pol.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
better question, what about jihad?
>>
File: 1456274395494.png (4 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1456274395494.png
4 KB, 493x402
>>66329907
>have cancer/other terminal disease
>spend the last month of your life in pain lying in bed and slowly dying
>or spend all your money, have the time of your life and go out in a blaze

mhhhh.......
>>
>>66329907
Yes, but only if it's OP doing it

But seriously morality is relative so yes
>>
>>66329907
Yes
#NotYourProperty
>>
>>66329907
Is birth justified? Did anyone say hey I want to be born? It was not your choice. Suicide is your choice though
>>
File: 1454317076980.gif (1 MB, 380x262) Image search: [Google]
1454317076980.gif
1 MB, 380x262
>>66332282
This.
>>
>>66329907
Suicide is not an issue of morality, it's an issue of cost:benefit. There are very few actual reasons to kill yourself, but there are some very good ones as well. If you know for a fact you're going to die and suffer the whole trip to it, thats a good reason. If you're just sick of people bullying you for things you like, thats not a good reason.

Suicide is a permanent solution to what is very likely a temporary problem. Some people do lack the ability to maintain composure long enough to see the bright days and opt to kill themselves, and those people have a relatively unjustifiable death. Whether what they did is moral or not isn't relevant.

I've fought with myself over whether or not I should kill myself, and over fourteen years i've concluded that, while life in general sucks, the fact that I would cause irreparable damage to people that care about me is not worth having very brief pain followed by not knowing that i'm relieved of pain. Because thats what happens when you die, you don't get relief, you permanently fall asleep, without having any dreams. There is no peace in death, only ignorance of the fact that you no longer have a single thought or anything, you are fully unaware anything has changed.

If you were to numb your arm to the point where you couldn't feel anything at all from it and put it in a hole in a wall somewhere, you would have no idea what, if anything was happening to your arm, and that is essentially what dying is, unawareness of anything.
>>
>>66329907
if a doctor ever tells me i have Alzheimer's disease, i will kill myself as soon as the symptoms become very noticable.

the thought of losing my memories and metal capabilities and slowly turning into a vegetable scares me.
>>
>>66336044
>*mental
>>
why is suicide treated as a different argument to prolife/prochoice? They draw strong parallels.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.