[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Soviet produce superior mathrmaticians?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
Why did Soviet produce superior mathrmaticians?
>>
>>66309369
All the relevant modern mathematicians are pajeets though.
>>
>>66309369
Anyone caught having fun in the USSR was sent to a hard labor camp in Siberia
>>
>>66309369

because the US education system, especially pre uni, is a total shithole with laughable difficulty. people having problems finishing a class here steamroll everything with ease in the US, this ranges from simple highschool students to most uni students (can only speak for physics though).

this is also one reason why the US has all this gender study shit going on, people barely are able understand natural sciences, let alone basic facts anymore without getting their feelings hurt.
>>
>>66310069
>germany

your universities are trash
>>
>>66310069
I was listening to our noble, unbiased public radio station the other day and they [jews, crypto-jews] want to stop requiring algebra and calculus in high schools and colleges.

We're done. Civilization belongs to the East now. Good luck Chang.
>>
>>66309369
>Why did Soviet produce superior mathrmaticians?

Only scientific field not "altered" by gommunist thinking.
You could be shot by doing almost anuthing or even for nothing but math is math. No gommunism/capitalism in numbers iteslf.
>>
>>66310221

you probably don´t even know how universities are graded in terms of the ranking system. most of the used criteria are not even important when it comes to education received.

you really are a great contribution to any discussion
>>
How many Maths lessons do you have per week and how long is one lesson?
>>
>>66310069
Are you kidding your fuvking abitur is a joke compared to our premiere, people that completly fail here go to germany because it's that easy :P
>>
>>66310283

yeah also enjoy your common core shit for the younger generation. if this continues you´ll have to import most highly educated people from foreign countries... these well educated foreign people will become your future "ruling elite" and then you´ll truly be fucked. the downfall of the US is on full throttle.
>>
>>66309369
>Why did Soviet produce superior mathrmaticians?
There were good incentive programs :
- gulag for you
- exuction for you
- gulag for your family
- exuction for your whole family
...and so on.
>>
>>66309369
They didn't.
I haven't seen anything to suggest that Kolmogorov is better than Serre, Atiyah, Grothendieck, Wiles, Deligne, etc.
>>
>>66310539

yes the abitur is a joke if you go to a state that is not baden-württemberg or bavaria. yet why are you chiming in when it is the US system that is laughable and not yours?

our abitur also gets easier every 5 years but not at the same decline speed the US has. the "inflation of education" is wanted because people will realize that getting a degree is useless anyway and then they´ll stay even dumber than before. they creation of the stupid slave labour force...
>>
>>66310536
science students in flemish high school get 6 to 8 hours of maths a week, including a primer on real and complex analysis. one school hour is 50 minutes
>>
big population

flatter than average bell curve
>>
Probably because they would get beat if they got an answer wrong.
We really need to bring corporal punishment back to our schools.
>>
>>66310589
>you´ll have to import
How's that working out for you guys Germany?
>ruling elite
We already have one thank you. Replacing them would be anti-Semitic.
>the downfall of the US is on full throttle.
You forget that Trump is, according to our media, "literally Hitler".

We'll be fine. Everything is fine. Trump will save return us to Traditionalism. Right? We're fine.
>>
>>66310814
>one hour is 50 minutes
Fucking Europeans.
>>
>>66310848

we don´t import the well educated people that could rule us in the future, we are importing cheap labour scum to work at mc donalds.

but yes, trump can save america if he becomes president and if he is not killed .....
>>
>>66310972
look ma no hands :DDDDDD
>>
>>66310069
>can only speak for physics
explain

also for all your good education your people are just as fucking bad about multiculturalism and diversity
>>
>>66311068
>if he is not killed
If they strike him down he will become more powerful then they could possibly imagine.
>>
>>66309698
Math is fun
>>
>>66310972
They'll try to make hours and days base-ten within another few decades. They're already trying with computer numbers.
>>
>>66310786
Don't worry germany your education is about to fall apart

Do you want to know why public education is pretty shitty in america?
We lower the standards so that every black is capable of getting a degree

You guys just imported over a million "refugees" who are going to start breeding and producing lots of babies
Do you think your government won't
>>
>>66311548
I refuse to learn it. Time is subjective anyways. Privileging one system of measurement over another is racist.
>>
>>66310814
Well, here, basic education, 5th-12th grade(10 years to 18 years)
You have 6 maths per week, usually grouped in pairs. One lesson is 40 minutes.

One of the most "prestigious" gymnasium, Riga's 1st State gymnasium has has between 7 to 10, and you have separate lessons for Mathematical analysis.
>>
>>66310814
>>66310972
>not having 45-minute school hours
pathetic.
>>
>>66311584
your government won't lower standards at an unprecedented rate for them?*
>>
>>66311244

>explain

studied physics and currently doing phd. went abroad for a year (london) to learn there and had lots of friends going to other countries to study for a year, france, britain, sweden, norway, US, Canada and most came back dissapointed because the education system was easy enough to party several times a week and they barely learned anything. they said their workload dropped by 40-50%. some resorted to taking extra classes nearly doing 2 semesters in one and than having problems getting these classes approved in germany because the professors say "well your classes barely had any content so i can´t give you credit points for that". and this for all countries except austria/vienna and switzerland. well nobody i knew went to denmark, netherlands, belgium or luxembourg to be fair.

also when looking at documentaries on TV (few years back) about people moving to the US from germany. their kids, being in grade 4-8, instantly were the best in their classes or close to while being utter shit in germany and sometimes had to repeat a class.
>>
>>66310069
The problem with that is that all those schools are government property. Really you can't expect in america or in europe for government to create a good curriculum that appelas to everyone's strength. That's why you get this garbage. Privatising these schools is the only way to improve from here.
>>
>>66311739
I'm still confused
This was uni physics?

I honestly don't believe it
Unless they were like first years and taking bullshit general education classes

I'm not talking about public school
Everyone knows it's shit so it's an unnecessary discussion
The caring white parents do either three things: get their kids into the advanced classes, enroll them in a private school, or home school them
>>
>>66310363
This.

Want to go into the soviet sciences? Better adhere to the party line, comrade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

To be fair, we aren't much better these days with global warming and evolutionary egalitarianism.
>>
>>66310786
Because I'm in my final year now and I have 10 written exams and 3 orals I have 3 languages french german and english and all my other topics are all in french but our language is a mosel-franco dialect ( so it's comparable to german grammar and syntax) but with this shitty WW2 we changed to french.

LUXEMBURGER DEINE MUTTERSPRACHE IST DEUTSCH
>>
>>66311350

If trump is assassinated, I'm calling for open season on all our ruling class.
>>
>>66312034

i don´t think that privatising is the only way and then maybe even create this retarded debt system the US has for the students.

the government could also create schools with different focuses on certain topics. most classes are useless anyway. i´m glad that I went to a school that switched the last 3 years of education form having "arts" and "music" as subjects to "IT" and "electrical engineering". also helped getting into uni for physics. but these schools are rare.... very rare at least in germany.
>>
File: Clock-french-republic.jpg (256 KB, 936x953) Image search: [Google]
Clock-french-republic.jpg
256 KB, 936x953
>>66311548
>They'll try to make hours and days base-ten within another few decades.

French already tried this bullshit during their revolution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_time

Swiss tried again in the 90's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatch_Internet_Time
>>
>>66312069

yes uni physics, usualy 5-8th semester. in germany you usually don´t stop at the bachelors in physics because you had the diplom earlier that was 5 years (on regular schedule) and now you have the masters taking 5 years (regular schedule). everybody knows that you won´t get shit with only your bachelors.

also everybody i know in other subjects who stopped at their bachelors gets shit on for being a retard that didn´t continue.
>>
>>66312234
I think privatizing is the only way

Government has a vested interest in keeping public school easy
It calms the blacks and stupids and it gives them a sense of accomplishment

Like what does our government gain with making public school harder? There are still plenty of smart kids since uni standards are just as high as they were years ago (for the real degrees at least) and everything else can be imported

The government and corporate interests get nothing from a good education system
The only people who benefit are parents
>>
>>66312128

see yourself as lucky. having more difficult languages or more than one while growing up usually produces higher intelligence in children. (sorry can´t find the study to it right now). maybe one reason for the "burger education meme" because their language is damn easy to learn.
>>
>>66312488
You're still not explaining how it was easy

Not everyone laughs at a bachelors degree you're just not going to do anything relevant in the field with it

My professors say that they tend to look down on people with masters degrees more since it means you were in a phd program and quit
>>
>>66312488
5th-8th semester?
Wait are you kidding me

What are the class schedules like in Europe?
What do you learn in a physics degree during that time?
>>
File: 1449373622506.jpg (155 KB, 736x1304) Image search: [Google]
1449373622506.jpg
155 KB, 736x1304
>>66309369
>>
>>66313465
Oops, wrong thread
>>
>>66309369
The whole education system was fucking based on technical shit. We still fuckin write essays using the algorithm provided by the education ministries
>>
File: 1449429498077.jpg (224 KB, 1607x617) Image search: [Google]
1449429498077.jpg
224 KB, 1607x617
>>66311379
>Math is fun
Not if you're a nigger.
>>
>>66312764

>how it was easy

the usual content is done in less depth, excercise sheets (which make up most of the work here) had lesser excercises and/or were easier to solve/less time consuming. and in the end getting very good grades while barely having any workload.

>people with masters degrees more since it means you were in a phd program and quit

this doesn´t make any sense. at least in germany the master degree is the replacement of the diplom and has nothing to do with the phd programm except that you need the diplom/master to start a phd programm.

>What are the class schedules like in Europe?
What do you learn in a physics degree during that time?

now that would be a fuckton to write down. the credit system is probably very similar to the others:

1 credit point for 30 hours of work per semester and you usually need 30 credit points per semester to finish in the regular time. meaning you´ll need 30 hours x 30 credit points = 900 hours of work per semester or 36 hours a week if you have 25 weeks in a semester and a little bit of free time. but reality is that only the best are able to make it in that time, usually 45-60 hours a week is more realistic for the workload. my first 2 semester i was at 80 hours a week, basically studying from morning till evening monday till sunday because they want to kick out the people not dedicated enough. after that it went a bit easier.

regarding the contents: the topics are nearly the same but the depth and difficulty level (again length/difficulty of excercise sheets) were way easier in other countries. thats why people came back after taking a course on superconductiviy and the professor said "well the stuff you learned there (subtopics inside superconductivity) barely scratched the surface, i can´t give you credit points for that).

again this is only for physics but not only from my experiences, also from friends going abroad or from people coming from the US to germany and saying that it is way harder here.
>>
>>66313512
Where is the qt thread?
>>
>>66312573
It is not profitable for private institutions to educate everybody while also remaining profitable

Schooling demands that every child get a certain level of education, but some kids are just naturally dumber than others and/or they grow up in dysfunctional households that greatly affect the childs ability to learn. Private schools get to tell these kids no, public schools HAVE to take them. You can't have a system where everything is private and turns a profile while also making sure everyone recieves an education.

That's not to say Prviate Schooling is bad, It definitely has It's place, I think Australias model of public-private works great (Every Child gets funding from the Government, whether they attend Private or Public, which means that Private education is very affordable - tuition for your average Private school during High School Years would be ~5k-7k per year, about ~35-40% of High School students go to Private Schools in Australia), but It is incredibly naive to think that privatising the entire public education system would achieve anything.
>>
>>66314698
Not everyone needs an education, especially if it comes at the cost of dragging everyone else down
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.