[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ted Cruz was born on December 22, 1970,at Foothills General Hospital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
Ted Cruz was born on December 22, 1970,at Foothills General Hospital in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

WTF how the fuck can he run?
>>
the clownpie at his own tonsil cheese on live television desu senpai
>>
>>66282192
>Foothills
that's how
>>
shoo shoo booger rat
>>
He can't. It turns out "constitutional conservatives" don't actually give a single fuck about the constitution.
>>
Natural born American citizenship from parents I guess.

Also, the Constitution doesn't say you have to be born in the United States, it only says you have to natural-born American so that implies that you can be born elsewhere in the world but only with the American citizenship and birthright to your name.

t. Someone who believes in the Constitution above the establishment and was born in Germany with a birth certificate saying I'm a Natural Born American.
>>
File: Ge-Ge13.jpg (42 KB, 338x315) Image search: [Google]
Ge-Ge13.jpg
42 KB, 338x315
>>66282192
>Dad is Cuban
>Mom is Canadian
>Born in Canada
>Considered Natural Born American

Why is this allowed?
>>
It's not 100% that he can run. If he actually wins the nomination, there will be another court challenge. IIRC, the other day a district judge ruled that Cruz is qualified but you can bet it will be appealed all the way up to the Supreme Court. As a bit of a quirk, because the court is missing a justice, if they split 4-4, the lower court ruling will stand but it won't set a prescient, meaning Cruz could end up eligible but a future candidate ruled ineligible.
>>
If your parent is an American citizen, you are eligible.

fuck off.
>>
>>66282192
He can't and he can it all depends on the judges opinion
there's a difference between natural born American and natural born citizen
>>
>>66282192
Because Americans don't cease to be American when they step off of American soil. America travels with them wherever they go. It is carried in the heart, and in the blood, and when an American sires one in his or her likeness they become endowed with everything that is us.

Every poster ITT and all who preceded them who doubts Ted's calling to the presidency spits on their own heritage, their own uniqueness. They hate the very land which spawned them, and which birthed the ideals that enables them to speak ill of our people and our way of life.

Yet take solace. America's greatness exceeds their ability to detract from it.
>>
>>66282658
>says the country that has an american running for president
>>
>>66282236
Are you fucking serious right now? at?
>>
File: 1333607342843.gif (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1333607342843.gif
1 MB, 640x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca-sfq7l9VA

rato and lubio cant run. watch the video and try to debate an actual lawyer
>>
>>66284672
ok reddit
>>
>>66282192
If your FREEDOMS bro
>>
>>66284672
Tfw you will never be American. Why even live?
>>
>>66284694
>illegitimate daughter of Marcos
>American
>>
>>66285260
>change citizenship to american
>not american
>>
>>66282470
Were you born on a base in Germany, or were you born in Germany?

Bases count as US soil.
>>
Instead of arguing over it endlessly, why not just repeal this ridiculous "natural born" requirement? It makes no sense for the US given it's an immigrant nation, as is made obvious by how much hair-splitting its caused in recent past.
>>
>>66282658
>Dad is Cuban
At the time of Cruz's birth his father was Canadian.
>Mom is Canadian
His mother is and always was American
>>
>>66285414
>why not just repeal this ridiculous "natural born" requirement?
Because constitutional amendments are literally the hardest thing to do in our government, divided or not.

Fuck we still don't have term limits for Congress.
>>
>>66285607
Not easy, but 27 and counting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Why should naturalized Americans be second-class citizens? That really doesn't wash with modern American values. Would such an amendment really face much opposition? (the biggest problem it seems to be would be apathy; it doesn't seem very important)
>>
>>66282192
Because his mother was an American citizen. So when he was born he was naturally an American citizen.
>>
>>66285983
wrong see
>>66285041
>>
>>66285806
>Why should naturalized Americans be second-class citizens?
Because they got here second.

You want something to crusade about. Americans born in American Samoa get American nationality, but no citizenship.

>Would such an amendment really face much opposition?
Something like 1 in 3 Republicans thinks even if SCOTUS were to find citizens born outside our borders to be natural born citizens that even they shouldn't be allowed to run for the presidency, which is literally the only difference between natural born and naturalized citizens in a legal sense.

The term isn't even legally defined precisely because it's only used in that narrow of a circumstance.
>>
>>66286158
Considering the candidacy of Cruz, McCain, and George Romney, and probably a whole bunch of others I'm forgetting, it doesn't seem to be a problem for them.
>>
>>66286322
>Cruz
is doing fairly shit
>McCain
was born on US soil
>George Romney
lost
>>
Scalia was a justice who believed "natural born citizen" meant being born in the United States.
Trump threatens a lawsuit against Cruz on his eligibility
"Natural causes" happen

Get the wool out of your eyes sheeple, canadians can not be trusted.
>>
>>66285371
Just at whatever hospital.
>>
>>66282192
He was a citizen at birth, so he may or may not meet the criterion of "natural born".

He should have gotten that shit squared away before he took and campaign donations.
>>
>>66286386
Trump threatens a lot of lawsuits.

he never moved forward on that shit.

And killing a Supreme Court justice has got to be more expensive than killing a business mogul.

>>66286454
As one of Trump's parents was a naturalized citizen he may or may not meet the criterion of "natural born"

He should have gotten that shit squared away before he took in campaign donations.

Most legal experts don't believe either would lose a challenge.
>>
File: 1447975247482.jpg (87 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
1447975247482.jpg
87 KB, 720x537
>>66285234
We invented a whole culture of commercial patriotism for those of our lands to wear their natural pride literally on their sleeve when it suits them, a thing that's frowned on in some other countries. Feel free to buy an American-themed shirt or two and pretend from time to time.
>>
CruzMissile reporting in
>>
>>66282192
I recommend you gdo everything in your power to convince Trump to sue. He clearly has standing. When that advice falls on deaf ears to someone as sue happy as Trump you may need to step back and ask yourself a simple question: why has someone who has brought it up time and time again declined to sue? It's because Trump has the legal advice you don't which tells him such a suit would go nowhere. George Romney was born in Mexico. Barry Goldwater was born outside the US borders at the time of his birth. Take a break from shitposting. Understand you have no idea of what you are talking about, as well as applicable law, and do everyone on 4chan a favor and stick a gun muzzle in your mouth and pull the trigger you uninformed piece of shit.
>>
>Cuban man with a white Canadian women

SPIC'D
>>
After that last debate I think it's pretty clear which candidate clearly represents my wholesome family values and conservative beliefs: Ted Cruz. It was all made clear to me during his first answer to a question.

At first glance many may have missed it, but my keen eyes saw it all. A booger, which had slipped out of his nose, landed right smack dab on his bottom lip. Instead of fighting it, he let his first instinct take over: eat that sucker. Just like he had done hundreds of times before, he swallowed that wet gooey snot like there was no tomorrow. It was at that point that I felt a connection to Cruz that I haven't felt with anyone else: he was a fellow snot snacker just like me.

This is something I would never have dreamed of doing on national television, I don't have the guts. Sure, I would fill up on a booger buffet, but I wouldn't invite the neighborhood to watch. What courage he must have; he stood up there for all of us who salivate over these salty secretions, and showed the world how a man deals with his bogies. For that he earned my vote. I am now a #mucusmuncher with Ted Cruz!
>>
>>66286603
>And killing a Supreme Court justice has got to be more expensive than killing a business mogul.

Not really. Trump has shit loads of security. Scalia was alone without any bodyguards.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.