[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>put ground troops in Syria, Libya, and Iraq >intervene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
File: john-kasich.jpg (44 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
john-kasich.jpg
44 KB, 800x569
>put ground troops in Syria, Libya, and Iraq
>intervene in the Ukraine against Russia
>"take care of business and come home"

Can we dispel this notion that John Kasich knows exactly what he is doing? He has no idea what he is doing. It baffles me how people think he is the most sane or reasonable person on the debate stage just because of his demeanor.
>>
>>66255066
Last night. .he bragged about getting the endorsement of 55% of some "foreign policy expert group"...he followed it up with "the next closest candidate, Jeb!, got 33% of the vote"..

I about pissed myself
>>
Can we please just dispel with the fiction that John doesn't know what he's doing?
>>
John Kasich's ideas:
>we need to unite
>we need to be positive
>let's all be friends
>let's finish the job and do it well
>golly gee guys let's just get along!
>I'm also a sociopath.
>>
>>66255066
If this nigger dropped out and the 2 spics ran on the same ticket, the GOP nomination would be settled tomorrow.
>>
>>66255839
>foreign policy expert group loves the idea of putting ground troops in Syria, Libya, and Iraq and fucking with Russia
Let me guess, they're nearly all Jewish.
>>
>Gee wolly willickers time to gas the fucking Red bastards hyuck
>>
File: gorbachev1.jpg (445 KB, 625x800) Image search: [Google]
gorbachev1.jpg
445 KB, 625x800
>supporting John "WW3" Kasich
Not even once.
>>
>>66255066
And let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction that John Kasich doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing.
>>
>>66255066
ITT: Trump shills.
>>
>>66255066
>start ww3 and go back home
>>
>>66255066
It's funny how the friendliest and most moderate sounding guy is also easily the most dangerous out of all the candidates by far.

And people still buy into his nice guy routine.
>>
>>66255066
No shit we put ground troops in Syria, Libya, and Iraq. "Take care of business and go home" means we contribute SOC forces and a couple of training divisions to support a Sunni-led coalition to take out ISIS, and then we leave the area and let the fuckers who made the mess clean it up.

Heres the problem with you guys: you talk a fat game about standing up for yourselves, about challenging degeneracy and evil, about reclaiming our country, but when the time comes to actually put some skin in the game you sit at home like the fat worthless NEETS that you are and whimper.

If you are too much of a lazy coward to make this country great, then at least get your fat frames out of the way of those who are willing to do what it takes. Fucking plebs, man. Not even once.
>>
>>66258556
>then we leave the area and let the fuckers who made the mess clean it up

Not only does this policy do more harm than good(as evidenced by the last 15 years) it's an absurd idea when we are 20 trillion in debt. Isolationism is the only way to keep the American empire from crumbling.

If you want to stop ISIS the most cost effective and expedient way is to team up with Russia and whoever else wants a piece to bomb them and take their oil, cripple them economically while getting something out of it.

Committing troops to 3 different countries is just more of the same, more thousands will die for basically nothing other than more debt and worse case scenario we are in WW3.
>>
this guy is so far out of his league
>>
>>66259364
If you are so concerned about debt, then why arent you rushing to vote for the only candidate who is campaigning on getting it under control?

Kasich has proven his ability to manage spending, and is regarded in Washington as a fiscal wizard for his ability to prune inefficiency and squeeze maximum benefits out of balanced budgets.

As far as isolationism is concerned, that is the rallying flag of a broken, conquered, cowardly people. We are none of the above, and you should be ashamed of trying to make us so.

Letting Russia determine the world order is fucking psychotic. We have already green-lit Russian aggression in Ukraine via Obama's spineless foreign policy. When you green-light revanchist conquest, you encourage it.

By sending strong support to a Sunni led coalition to bring stability to the Middle East, we are engaging in the most cost-effective way of pursuing stability and peace. There is no peace without sacrifice, you need to get this through your head. You dont get to sit at home and hope that things will work themselves out. That is the kind of European cop-out that has led to the nightmare they are dealing with over there now.
>>
>>66259885
>Russia
>being able to afford anything more than defending most crucial parts of it's SOI
Good one.
>>
>>66259885
I will never understand the mind of a neocon. Russia has not been, nor has it ever been, a genuine threat to American interests.
>>
He behaved really well last night and was very civil and I thought he was the "winner" of the debate last night but I realized that this guy is an incredibly evil hawkish neo-con who would support getting the US back into Iraq and Afghanistan with full force AND send troops to Syria to fight ISIL and the Ukraine to fight Crimean separatists and Russia.

Truly an evil SOB
>>
>>66257714
No, just straight up trolls
>>
>>66260133
Really? How pants on head retarded can you be? At every step, Russia has done everything it can do to oppose American interests. If the US has a rival, Russia courts their favor. If the US has a trade interest, Russia tries to sabotage it. If the US wants stability, Russia pursues chaos. Russia has an entire propaganda machine devoted to nothing but criticizing the US domestically and abroad.

Russian domestic political status quo is entirely reliant on opposing US interests. I can understand being a little shaky on wonkish policy details, but if you dont know this, you should shut the fuck up when people are talking politics. This is like not being able to describe the three branches of government, or not knowing what the nuclear triad is. It is so elementary to the subject that ignorance of it is a surefire sign of a pleb or a shill.

So this leads to the question: which are you?
>>
>>66259990
Invading Ukraine isnt defending a sphere influence.
>inb4 RT driven "b-but muh iraq"

Fuck off shill.
>>
>>66259885
>muh Sunni led coalition

Arming "moderate rebels" to overthrow the few men who uphold any semblance of stability in the ME is not and has never been good foreign policy, unless you are Israel and can get America to do it for you.
>>
>>66260679
It literally is. Losing Ukraine to a pro-western government endangers the naval base on Crimea and an easy land route for trade with EU as a secondary benefit from holding influence in Ukraine.
Literally all that Ukraine bullshit is about securing Crimea. Everything else that happens there is fallout.
>>
>>66260592
Give me some examples of this please. You speak in vague generalities like a true neocon. Please don't tell me you're one of those "national security" academics
>>
>>66255066

He's unhinged. He detailed his plans for going to fucking war with Russia on the debate stage. Jesus Christ he's the scariest option, he's going to run America into the fucking dirt.
>>
>>66260592
>Russian domestic political status quo is entirely reliant on opposing US interests.

More like opposing zionist interests. We are only ever at odds with them because we are allies with Israel and have to be enemies with anyone they don't like. If it weren't for Israel there is no reason why we can't get along famously with Russia. In any case there seems to be no argument on why we can't work with Russia against ISIS other than "they are bad guys and will never help us" maymay even though Putin has said he would welcome a deeper relationship with a Trump led US.
>>
>>66255066
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/02/10/the-education-mess-in-ohio-under-gov-john-kasich/

Uhoh I thought he was a nice guy!
>>
>>66255066
He never gets attacked by moderators or the other establishment shills, so he gets to maintain a calm demeanor. That's it. That's the only reason people think he's reasonable or moderate.

Its not an exaggeration to say he wants to start WW3. I used this in the sense of hyperbole before, but deploying on 3 fronts and arming moderate terrorists and Ukrainians to fight Russia would constitute any definition of a World War.
>>
>>66262015
If only they were so nice to ron paul
>>
>>66262015
In the GOP establishment, if you want to strangle Russia and attack Iran and torture everyone you'd be considered a "sensible, intelligent conservative".
>>
File: where did things go wrong.png (270 KB, 603x228) Image search: [Google]
where did things go wrong.png
270 KB, 603x228
>>66258556
But we're not criticizing Kasich for "wanting to make the country great." We're criticizing him for wanting to frivolously waste American lives fighting for muslims who hate us and are less moderate than the ones he wants us to fight, and being an open borders shill.
>>
>>66255839
>"foreign policy expert group"
Probably the Foreign Policy Initiative.
>>
>>66257556
Good laugh m8
>>
>>66260824
Who said anything about arming rebels? That was a terrible policy of the current administration, and has not been advanced by Kasich or Rubio. They are both talking about Sunni-led coalitions, meaning state actors like Jordan.
>>66260927
Russia was not concerned about a land trade route, because Ukraine joining free trade arrangements with the EU would not threaten it. They were worried about gas pipes going through Ukraine to EU markets, and the pressure that the EU could put on Russia to stop gouging them with monopoly pricing. The bit about Crimea for a naval port is spot on, however, but the only interest there is a place to base military assets. Russia had a deal for Sevastapol with Ukraine that would not have been in danger if they entered into closer trading agreement with the EU. Russia did it for gas revenues.
>>66260975
Russian support for Venezuela, Russian anti-west propaganda via RT, Russian support for Assad (including using PMCs to provide chemical weaponry), Russian support for Iranian fundamentalists over moderates, Russian support for energy trade arrangements in the EU trying to prevent them from diversifying their energy supplies to include US coal or liquefied natural gas, Russian support for fringe activist groups in the US, Russian support for rebels in Ukraine, Russian attacks on US Kurdish allies, Russian denouncements in the media, Russian efforts to block UN positions supported by the US as a way to signal their opposition... this list can go on for days, son. How big would you like the wall of text?

No, I am not a national security academic. I am an economist though, which is why I have policy knowledge.
>>
>>66262367
And now they're in Syria for gas revenues. This is how it rolls for them.
>>
>>66256398
Yeah, it'd be Donald Trump.
>>
>>66255066
Thought the same thing.
>>
>>66258179
This, he's the subtle serpent in the garden of Eden. He's not nice at all. Everyone shrugs off how rattled he gets when you question him. Kasich is doing all he can to maintain his composure. That's why he plays nice and won't argue because he's the meanest guy on the stage.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/john-kasich-mean-became-nice-new-hampshire-213589
>>
>>66262367
>Russian support for Venezuela, Russian anti-west propaganda via RT, Russian support for Assad (including using PMCs to provide chemical weaponry), Russian support for Iranian fundamentalists over moderates, Russian support for energy trade arrangements in the EU trying to prevent them from diversifying their energy supplies to include US coal or liquefied natural gas, Russian support for fringe activist groups in the US, Russian support for rebels in Ukraine, Russian attacks on US Kurdish allies, Russian denouncements in the media, Russian efforts to block UN positions supported by the US as a way to signal their opposition... this list can go on for days, son. How big would you like the wall of text?
So you think their big crime is that they seek to cultivate relationships with other countries in full compliance with international law? Russia runs RT and other propaganda campaigns simply as a counter to the ongoing propaganda efforts of the USA, this is obvious if you'd ever bother to study Russian history of being at a huge disadvantage to the US culture industry's global prevalence.
>>
>>66261732
>We are only ever at odds with them because we are allies with Israel and have to be enemies with anyone they don't like.
But Russia is also a de facto ally of Russia and Putin has close ties with Netanyahu. He serves as a crucial check on the possible ambitions of Syria or Iran.
>>
>>66262937
Imagine if US (Trump) and Putin teamed up and finally said to each other "We're sick of these Jews controlling our policy" and absolutely fucked Israel.

Imagine the devastation. Imagine the conflict. Who would oppose a US-Russia led conflict against Israel?
>>
>>66262858
Russia is certainly welcome to court whomever they like, and they are welcome to create whatever propaganda they like. However, from these relationships and propaganda, we can infer an attitude towards the US, and that attitude is one of opposition.
Our question here is whether Russia is in opposition to US interests. The answer is an unequivocal "yes". Hell, even when we had relatively good relations with them under Bush, they were still trying to fuck us over. Putin relies on anti-western narratives to maintain his popularity in Russia. In this respect, he is just like Chavez, Maduro, Ahmadinejad, and every other two-bit edgelord dictator who campaigns on pointing at the US and calling them imperialists. They're commies with less central planning. The Cold War never ended, despite what you saw on television. It just entered a different stage.
>>
>>66263264
I'm willing to argue Russia is only in opposition to current establishment US interests, which are mostly people who lived during the Cold War and still view Russia as this ridiculous threat.

Russia wants to work with us but our establishment is too entrenched in their own youth that they can't begin to imagine a future where they'd ever work with past enemies.
>>
>>66256649
fucking lol
>>
>>66256316
>btw i caused the economic collapse lol Ohio is doing great though
>>
>>66263264
From the beginning of the Soviet era until present day, the fundamental mistake of US policy has been an assumption that somehow the Soviets/Russians are the aggressor in this global struggle, that somehow we are the ones acting defensively even though we control half the world more or less and have vastly superior wealth and armed forces.
>>
>>66263258
Not going to happen in America. Pres will be assassinated before that could occur. Besides, you don't have to destroy Israel, just don't bend over for them and look out for our actual interests.
>>
>>66262783
http://youtu.be/nTf_qyRXhxk
>>
>>66263442
It's just like Korea.
>>
>>66262015
And Trump is constantly attacked, but still keeps calm. That Pope thing was some low-grade bait
>>
>>66255066
The annihilation of all non-nato countries is the only solution.
>>
>>66263442
Russia has indicated time and again that they are not willing to come to the table to negotiate shared interests until we flex. This is not limited to the USSR, it is a fact that exists today. It is something weird about their culture, and is regularly complained about even by businessmen who want to invest in Russia.
>>66263503
If there is indeed a global struggle (which is the realpolitik perspective on global relations), then there is no such thing as "aggressor", only people aggressively pursuing their interests. If this is the case, then there is little moral ground that can be staked out, and what little there is can only be found in the preservation of diplomatic norms. In this case, countries like Russia (and yes, Israel, since it has come up here) are the closest thing to "bad guys" that exist.
However, I am only tentatively in favor of that perspective. I think that there is such a thing as virtue, and it can influence negotiations, but only if we negotiate as equals. The Russians will only negotiate as an equal if you first demonstrate a willingness to fight their efforts to acquire an upper hand.

My wife is home guys, Im off to a dinner date. Its been a good discussion, something we dont get enough of around here.
>>
Kasich says he agrees with Trump on a lot of shit.

If Kasich was nominated, he'd pick somebody like Trump as the Secretary of State or some diplomatic position because he can appreciate Trump's aggressiveness and his ability to make big-name deals. With Trump in a diplomatic position, Kasich would stop trying to antagonize Russia under Trump's advice, and then when Kasich's 8 years are up, Trump can run successfully as somebody with experience who can mop up any Democrat
>>
>>66263258

It'd be a mistake to say Israel is the single issue of our times. There's not a case to be made that Israel is any worse than, say, Saudi Arabia.

Even the foreign aid is just subsidies for our own defense industry.
>>
>>66263258

Israel has 300 nukes though a war against them wouldn't be good for anyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L033M6wqNCI
>>
>>66263813
People wondered why I said he was fake back when they had the first debate. I can tell he's full of shit within seconds of him speaking. Fox News calling him folksy and relatable with the folks was a big heads up.
>>
>>66264206
He's going to be 78, not in a position to run for president. He's already pushing it now.

Also, Kasich is being endorsed by FOX news because he's an establishment neocon. He already has people to listen to, the people who throw millions at his feet. Neocons don't become more reasonable once they are elected.
>>
>>66264206
>Trump as the Secretary of State

I really can't see this happening, I don't think Trump would even want that job. He even told Cruz a while back he wouldn't want the VP gig, he'd go back to building buildings. I think Kasich's only real common ground with Trump is they both agree that China is ripping us off. They are worlds apart on foreign policy and immigration.
>>
>>66264483
Aren't they also prepared to nuke themselves if it came down to it?
>>
>>66265413

Probably. They would take the whole world down with them.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.