[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people not getting married anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: marriage.jpg (42 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
marriage.jpg
42 KB, 650x433
Why are people not getting married anymore?
>>
>>66234874
no longer yields men any benefits; all risk no reward
>>
>>66234874
The juice.
>>
>>66234945

Please let the thread end here. We don't need any MGTOW faggots shitting up the board even more
>>
>>66234874
Because in modern democracy, women are able to support themselves to some degree. Where as 80 years ago, it was up to men to provide, and therefore women relied on them.
>>
>>66234945
/thread
>>
>>66234945

>no longer yields men any benefits
>no longer

what?
>>
Step 1: People do thing X because of reason Y.
Step 2: Gradually remove reason Y.
Step 3: People eventually stop doing thing X.
Step 4: Act confused this phenomenon on your blog.
>>
>>66235182
used to give you a family and a loving wife; with divorce being incentivized and increasingly easy for women to do there's literally 0 benefit to getting married currently. juice isn't worth the squeeze
>>
>>66235350

you do realize that plenty of people got married and were totally fucking miserable until they died, right?

My grandparents were like this. Heavily catholic so there was no question of divorce. They hated each other until she simply outlived him.

you guys have gotta stop this meme of the perfect 1950s nuclear family.
>>
>>66234874
Because that's racist you cis scum
>>
>>66235593
there was always a risk, but now there's not even a reward

that was my original point: it used to be a gamble with a chance at a payout, but now it's a gamble with zero chances of winning
>>
>>66235027
ignoring the MGTOW divorce courts are a fucking one sided argument, and every year divorces are becoming more common and the pay rates going up with the job market slowly diminishing make it a poor investment unless you are relying on variables like trust and honesty

those last two make marriage worth it but those traits are becoming rare in anyone
>>
I'm happily married with two children. She and I were together many years before wedding, though. It's not difficult to maintain a marriage. You just keep your family's future in your mind, even when arguing. We both know each other's vulnerabilities, but we don't exploit them to score petty points. So we avoid nastiness that will last beyond the argument itself. Marriage requires patience and generosity, but it's not typically hard.

I think too many see divorce as an option, and treat their marriage as casually as any relationship. And what's more, there isn't much of a stigma anymore (that I encounter) when parents divorce. Some friends of ours with a little girl recently divorced. Everyone was stupidly sympathetic, but I raged. Maybe everyone else was just being polite. Fuckers.
>>
File: 1328570666583.jpg (110 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1328570666583.jpg
110 KB, 750x600
>>66234874
>because every "womyn" nowadays feels entitled to deserve (at the minimum) what men have
>they don't care about how these men got a hold of it, what they had to do to get where they are now, how much time/money/skill they had to sacrifice to get to this point
>they don't even feel the need to ask nicely or try to seduce men any longer
>getting married means giving up the last bit of freedom and control men still have left
>getting married means giving up your freewill
if you want to shove your cash up a pussy see a hooker
they usually will leave after getting paid
its a onetime payment for the delivered service
no long term agreements
no open-end contracts

>>66235002
>orange juice
>>
>>66236960
Sounds like it cuts a lot of stress out.
>>
Because marriage leads to children, and children are a waste of money and dreams.
>>
I want to get married. I also want to have 2-3 kids. I just haven't found the right woman to do that with, and since I value the oaths and sanctity of marriage, I'm not going to settle for someone I wouldn't want to die with. Marriage is a commitment, and most women I meet can't even commit to a job for a year, forget something that's a lifetime.
>>
>>66234874
only gays get married now.
>>
I've got enough to worry about single, I don't need to add another person onto my shitty paychecks.
>>
>>66235593
>my degenerate grandparents hated each other, therefore the happy fulfilling nuclear family millions of people experienced was all a meme

Hello Goldberg
>>
Because women are tripping over themselves for niggas with nerve damage, yup.
>>
>>66235682
moron
>>
File: 1453957287402.png (76 KB, 178x240) Image search: [Google]
1453957287402.png
76 KB, 178x240
>wife of dad's retired police partner
>wife cheats, they divorce
>gets half his pension every month, has to get a job again
why bother
>>
File: marriage-8-divorce-2-728.jpg (75 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
marriage-8-divorce-2-728.jpg
75 KB, 728x546
Reminder of who needed his divorce to be normalized so he could run for president. Without Reagan, there would not be no fault divorce. He brought it to the US and advocated for other states to adopt it as a conservative value since it "got the government out of your relationship".
>>
>>66234874

Because it's about female hubris.
>>
>>66234874

Men can't afford marriage and eventual divorce.
>>
>>66234874
because not even Trump can fix the court system
>>
File: 1454724843868.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454724843868.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>66234874
Because in our new society values have been turned on their heads and what was once good is now considered bad.

It's double plus good to be a single manchild or empowered Wyman well into your 30's.

Cultural marxism/jews/illumaniti etc etc...
>>
>>66239048

>Catholic
>Goldberg

Choose one
>>
Secular society has shit all over the institution of marriage (which was originally a biblical idea from God to keep men and women in check) by allowing gays to marry, incentivizing divorce and promoting hedonism and narcissism through mainstream media.

It just so happens that the mostly Jewish lawmakers and CEOs that are in power are spearheading this agenda. I'm sure it's just a coincidence though...
>>
>>66234874
strong independent womyn decided they want higher education and a mediocre career instead of furthering our race
>>
File: 1381959589822.jpg (48 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1381959589822.jpg
48 KB, 604x453
>>66234874
Most the woman are sluts men don't want to take risks.
>>
>>66241670
Most are on tinder, so that makes sense.
>>
Faggots stole it
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.