[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans think that marijuana legalisation is a pressing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 20100304_060122_cd04pot.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
20100304_060122_cd04pot.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
Why do Americans think that marijuana legalisation is a pressing political issue?
>>
>>66227461
CUZ IT HEALZ CANCER CELLS BRO HURR SO HEALTHY 4 U MY LEUKEMIA IS GONE MAKE IT LEGAL BERNIE FOR PREZ
>>
Obama should just decriminalize it, because honestly it never should have been illegal in the first place. Then maybe it won't be a single issue vote for people and we can just get on with it.
>>
While there are much more important issues out there, marijuana legalization would bring in a LOT of tax dollars.

That and it's p dumb it's illegal.
>>
>>66227461
because way too many people get pulled over with it in their car
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Because it's scientifically proven to cure AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, diabetes type I, II, and III, severe combined immunodeficiency, lupus erythematosus, and it also prevents the development of Huntington's disease by shortening the length of the polyQ VNTR.
>>
>>66227630
See, even though I've not touched the stuff for a good few years, I wouldn't say I'm against legalising it. I just find it odd how so weed is such a hot topic in America, in politics, in comedy, in music, in everything. It's borderline autistic how much Americans talk about weed.

It's not as if weed isn't pretty popular amongst young people in the UK, but here it's just something they do for their enjoyment. In America it's all DUDE LEGALIZE POT NOW IT'S A MEDICINE STOP OPPRESSING ME AND MY FELLOW MIDDLE CLASS WHITE PEOPLE!

Also I find it odd how people use the "weed is a medicine!" argument, when they clearly don't give a shit about it's actual medical benefits, but are just pretending to, because they can then get high legally. Pretty selfish attitude if you ask me.
>>
>>66227901

This too, it would remove a lot of strain on our legal system
>>
420 BLAZE IT SMOKE DA GANGA YEAH IM SO STONED RIGHT NOW DUDE WEED LMAO

HEMP WAS BANNED BY THE CORPORATIONS BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT DOESNT WANT YOU TO THINK FOR YOURSELF

DUDE IF EVERYONE SMOKED WEED THERE WOULD BE NO WAR OR OPPRESSION LITERALLY RIGHT

DUDE
>>
File: BraveNewWorld_FirstEdition.jpg (54 KB, 301x452) Image search: [Google]
BraveNewWorld_FirstEdition.jpg
54 KB, 301x452
>>66227461
Soma
>>
An argument that's brought up for it frequently is that we don't need to live in a nanny state.

I agree with that, but still find it hypocritical for dude-weeders to bring it up when that's exactly the kind of state most of these leftists want, just as long as they can get their weed.
>>
Dude tax money and crime and keeping people out jail.
>>
>>66227461
Because its irrational to keep it otherwise.

Do you know how much money is spent "combating" this non threat? How much violence is generated through the misguided war on drugs? How much corruption it creates?

Pull yourselves together motherfuckers.
>>
getting stoned and listening to music is really nice
>>
>>66228074
>It's borderline autistic how much Americans talk about weed.

I'd be interested as to what your media consuming habits are
>>
>>66227461
Better to have the money spent on weed circulate legally so it can be taxed and allow for legitimate businesses profit from it.
>>
>>66227461
It would significantly reduce drug-related crime, reduce the power of the cartels, and generate income through tax.
It is really no different than prohibition. It also provides a legal alternative to other drugs people use to self medicate.

There is no reason it shouldn't be legalized.
>>
>>66228074

Because Americans like freedom.
>>
>>66228074
i smoke weed daily alone in my own apartment. none of my friends/family etc knows because i keep it myself. i fucking hate the culture surrounding weed in the US and from what you tell me, it looks pathetic for us.

the ones who openly advocate for legalization are the degenerate DUDE LMAOOO W33D XDDDD stoners and older liberal hippies who never grew up.

i'm against legalization because why the fuck should it be legal? if you don't know a connect and can't get it then clearly it's not for you. not speaking to you personally but in general.
>>
>>66229559
>reduce the power of the cartels

I don't really get this argument because cartels would still very much be in business, what with them pushing heroin, crack, cocaine, meth, etc.
>>
File: heh.jpg (43 KB, 618x444) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
43 KB, 618x444
>>66230799

>i'm against legalization because why the fuck should it be legal? if you don't know a connect and can't get it then clearly it's not for you. not speaking to you personally but in general.

How fucking autistic do you have to be to think like this
>>
>>66227461
IIRC a lot of people end up in prison because of it
>>
>>66231123
i guess it's because it was very very easy for me to get a connection through various friends.

also

>2015+1
>not knowing anybody who sells weed
>have to join the degenerates in protests to legalize something that is literally so easy to get
>>
>>66231388
or fucking move to colorado or washington
>>
>>66231388

I had plenty of weed connects, what the fuck does that have to do with whether or not it should be legal?

Just because it's easy to get doesn't mean it doesn't fucking matter if it's legal or not that argument is downsy as fuck.

I live in Washington it's legal in my state now, and not only can I go to a store with fucking dozens and dozens of different strains and brands to chose from that tell me exactly how dank it is to a 0.01% accuracy, but my state is making millions and millions in tax revenue.

I hope I'm being trolled.
>>
>>66232705
i really don't care. currently loading a fresh bowl and listening to the late David Bowie's new album.
>>
>>66233088

It's pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things desu but your thought process is beyond retarded.

Have fun getting high all day and not thinking or caring about anything.
>>
we enjoying stuffing our faces with food and what better way to amplify that than being high? it's a very important issue.
>>
>>66227461
it needs to be a state by state basis until an overwhelming majority have it and then MAYBE the feds will reconsider
>>
>>66233443
i care about things that actually matter. you're the one flipping the fuck out at me over this shit.
>>
>>66233443
>>66233775
i'm indifferent towards legalization. does that satisfy you?
>>
>>66227461
Because it is. There is soooooooooooo much fuckin bullshit going on these days, it would do me a fuckin service to be able to carry out my business and smoke a spliff in between shitstorms like it were a cigarette. I'd be way more tolerant of life itself if I could medicate some happiness into this maelstrom of shit I have to wade through just to put food in my mouth.
>>
>>66230799
>i smoke weed daily alone in my own apartment. none of my friends/family etc knows because i keep it myself.
Something tells me they know, pal. I'm living with some weed smokers in my college house and whenever they smoke weed the smell lingers at the place where they smoked it, forever. It never goes away.

Though to be frank my sense of smell is really good due to having lived in the countryside farms.
>>
>>66230841
>cartels would still very much be in business

this is very true. Legalizing weed might result in the cartels flooding the market with more harmful drugs. In addition people who think legalization is going to bring a tax windfall are kidding themselves since illegal growers will always be able to undercut the legal price of weed. Just like people still make moonshine in parts of America to sell cheaper than taxed legal alcohol.
>>
File: DUDE.jpg (57 KB, 718x960) Image search: [Google]
DUDE.jpg
57 KB, 718x960
The beauty of the weed debacle is that once it's legalized, an entire generation of young voters will simply not care anymore. Bernie's entire political platform is based on the foundation of weed. His supporters smoke weed, and would give anything to have it legalized. If Bernie didn't openly support weed, he would have never made it this far.

What's great is that once weed is legalized - which it will be within the next five years - millennials will have literally nothing to vote for. Their free government weed will make them even lazier and less caring about politics and voting.

It's a one-and-done sort of thing. That's why Obama has never even made an attempt to legalize it. Make no mistake, Barry H hits the ganja and would love for the children of America to blaze upward too. However, he knows better. He knows that if he legalizes weed, it guarantees Republican victories for generations to come.

Most conservatives hate weed, and I fully understand why. It makes people lazy, unmotivated and stupid. However, I see this as a good thing: It means that these people will not vote.
>>
>>66227461
i am really for it , i don't use drugs but i know that niggers and shitskin who live in my country are having the monopole for selling this shit.
If you legalize it , well natural selection will make her job , also more income for the state/government and less for nignogs.
And you're sure to not buy shit made in a cave so it's really a win win , you just need to tell your familly this is bad and lets kids test it , if they like it well go talk to them , if they don't just thanks them.
most of teens who do drugs do it only to get attention , so just give them attention and support to help them not to get in that for a too long period.
>>
>>66233775

You're right I'm getting way to worked up over this shit.

Apologies.
>>
>>66230799
also this.

had a kid outside a convenience store yell proudly at the fact he dropped out to sell bud. faggot. keep that shit to yourself is the only attitude.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.