[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Romans conquered England Does this mean Anglos are actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
The Romans conquered England

Does this mean Anglos are actually Mediterranean and that English is a Romance language?
>>
>>66199979
English came from latin.
Latin was spoken by Romans.
American education is severely lacking.
>>
Welsh are very dark and Arab looking they are probably mixed with Romans.
>>
>>66199979

1/10
>>
File: language family tree_cropped.jpg (478 KB, 1370x1050) Image search: [Google]
language family tree_cropped.jpg
478 KB, 1370x1050
>>66199979
>>
>>66199979

No, they had no lasting influence on the language nor the gene pool.

>>66200258

They are Celtiberian. They were dark many thousands of years before Rome existed.
>>
>>66199979
No, Anglos are not. Romans were black mate.
>>
>>66200165
English came from German and Latin,
Not just Latin
>>
>>66199979
No
>>
Latin makes up a very small part of our language, consists more of Germanic and Francophone lexis.
>>
>>66199979
English is a germanic language with a germanic grammar but it has a lot of romance vocabulary because of the norman conquest.
>>
>>66199979
Not an expert, but they didn't really "conquer" it, but held territory there for a while, but didn't last long enough to override the native language.

English is a Germanic Language as the ancient celts were invaded by the Anglo and the Saxon Germanic Tribes. Pretty sure that was the start of old english.

Then middle english was influenced when the Normandy invaded and change shit up in the language (which was a romance language)

Then it developed into Modern English. So although English was influenced by Romantic languages (possibly by the Romans, and then definitely by Normandy) - English is still a primarily Germanic language

hope that makes sense - maybe a few historical errors but I think that's the main idea
>>
>>66199979
English is a mish-mash of the fucked up German dialect spoken by the Angles and Saxons, some French and Scandinavian influences as well. It was so "diverse" that there were literally no rules to it, to the point that the same words would be spelled different ways within the same fucking books.
>>
>>66200390
>They are Celtiberian
No, they're not. This is based on Tacitus' musings, not on any actual concrete ties with Iberia, much less Celtiberians. And this only applied specifically to the Silures, who are only partial ancestors to the Welsh.

>inb4 someone posts the Oppenheimer studies
Seen them, this doesn't make the Welsh or the British Iberian. It means only that the British and Iberians shared ancestors, not that these ancestors were "Iberian" as such.
>>
>>66199979

English comes from Germanic language with Nordic/Norman/French influence but has a lot of latin words in it, why don't you fucking retards google easily answered questions instead of making yourselves look stupid on mongolian scrapbooking forums and wasting everybodies time.
>>
>>66200165
What the fuck?
English came from Latin?
Oh, lol, you're havin a laugh. haha :DDDD

>>66199979
No; I could write in only English if I wanted to; well, mostly anyway , for I've read Old English when I was younger. It's hard to do, and I'd need to think more.

^ All English.
Anyways, Romans took over and left; they didn't even stick around when the English boarded their boats.

>>66200542
No.. Neither. They shared their roots, but English doesn't come from Latin, nor does it come from German. It branched out from at the same time or earlier than German did.
And if anyone's wondering, like 99% of the words above are English origin, no romance words except for the proper nouns. If someone says "English should be a romance language".. Um try again sweetie ;)
German has hundreds of foreign words as well.
>>
>>66200355
This image supports Hitler's view of an Aryan creator race expressed in Mein Kampf.
>>
>>66202146
You mean Proto-Indo-European?
>>
>>66200849
>Angles and Saxons
Jutes on suicide watch.
>>
>>66199979
Are you drunk?
>>
>>66199979
Anglos are bullshit
Wall them out
>>
>>66199979

>English
>a Romance language

Just no.
>>
>>66200851

>Oppenheimer

Does anyone still believe Oppenheimer's theories? They've been pretty much demolished by genetics.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (225 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
225 KB, 759x508
>>66199979
JUST AMERICA MY EDUCATION UP SENPAI
>>
>>66199979
English has Latin elements but much more Germanic elements and such it's classified as a West Germanic Language.
>>
When the Empire fallen, many of its richest families established into the former border lands of the empire, and through years they mixed their blood with the natives, so in german and slavic people now flow the blood of the latins.
Think about russians, they were norse with latin culture, the word "Czar" is a contraption of "Caesar".
On the other hand, Italy was then colonized by all the people once it ruled, so now in italian people flow the blood of germans and moors.
>>
File: 1453934137125.gif (808 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
1453934137125.gif
808 KB, 207x207
YEAH MAN

WE WUZ ROMANS
>>
>>66199979
No.
>>
English is part Romance and part German. More of our words come from Latin and French than Old German, but the way we speak is more German.
But England is basically the second Rome.
>>
>>66200258
w o t
>>
>>66202146

Because he wasn't that far away from the truth.
>>
File: 1455709672074.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1455709672074.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>
>>66200165
English is a West-Germanic language, but was heavily influenced by North-Germanic because of the Viking invasion and later on by French because of the Norman invasion.

English before it's mix with French was really close to Dutch
>>
Long story short: english comes from old english/anglosaxon (which got mixed with latin first, and french later), which came from germanic, which came from indoeuropean, which I think came from sanscript, which came from whatever the fuck came first.
>>
>>66200258
Celts = descendants of Iberians. That's why Welshies have darker hair and eyes, and hotter wimminz.
>>
>>66200851

The Welsh are WHG with a small admix from neolithic farmers. Most of them are patrilineally R1b
>>
It was long doubted that the first real Old Dutch text fragment was actually Old English. But now they know it was probably written by a West-Flemish monk who lived in Kent.

>Hebban olla uogala nestas hagunnan hinase hi(c) (a)nda thu uuat unbidan uue nu
>>
>>66199979
English is a mix of many different languages, mostly German with influences from French, Latin, Brythonic, and Norwegian. The Romans mostly kept themselves separate from the local populace and most of them left when the legions left.
>>
>>66203051
>England
>the second rome
nice try ahmed
>>
>>66203384

More like Celts and Iberians are descended from the same people. Both of their dominant clades of R1b formed around the same time, not sequentially. Iberians have more Mediterranean/farmer ancestry, though probably due to a substrate population.
>>
>>66199979

English isn't a pure romance language but has been heavily influenced and has loaned heavily from languages that are etc

>etc
see what I did there
>>
>>66203051
byzantium is the second rome

moscow the third rome
>>
>>66203953
>>66204337
"German"-Americans?
>>
>>66199979
>>66200258
Anglo-Saxons are not Romans, and Romans are not sandniggers.

>>66204077
>>66203384
>Celts = descendants of Iberians
Who could believe this?
>>
>>66205632
Iberians traveled north after the ice sheets began to melt.
>>
>>66205834

That has almost nothing to do with anything, though. The majority of (for example) the British genome was brought from the east, by farmers and then Indo-Europeans. The people in Europe at the end of the last Ice Age provided a minority contribution, in comparison.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.