[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insurance Fucking People Over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4
File: car accident.png (2 MB, 1595x659) Image search: [Google]
car accident.png
2 MB, 1595x659
So I hear many stories of people getting fucked over by insurance companies.

I just got into my first car accident on the way to a friends house and I legitimately believe that I'm not guilty.

Called in a highway patrol officer who took down all the info, we traded insurance and other info, etc. I called it into both my and their company and explained what happened.

In the pic, green arrow was me and the red arrow was the other party. What are the chances that I'll get fucked here? The other party literally did not look, they were staring to the left as they were making the turn. I saw them at the stop and assumed they are giving me the right of turn, since that's how it works. While I was executing my left turn at about 15MPH, they began to execute their left turn. Damage on their car is minor and on front passenger side. Neither cars' airbags were deployed. There were NO witnesses, but she basically said everything that I said about what happened.
The damage on my car is the drivers left, specifically bumper, fender, and the lights.

How fucked am I here, pol? We both have insurance and everything. The main talking point for the other party is that "I didn't see them". Why did this have to happen :( I'm so fucking worried.

Anyone get fucked over in situations where they shouldn't have been?
>>
"i didnt see them", lol u retard
DO you understand now why "i didndu nuffin mane" actually works?
>>
>>66165883
I actually have a recording of them saying "I'm so sorry it's my fault, etc etc etc, I didn't see you" when I first got out of the car and made contact with them. Is this legitimate evidence?
>>
WA State Patrol here... Looks like a clear cut "Fail to yield right of way". That should go down on the collision report and you should be fine. Why are you so worried?

Did the officer say it was your fault?
>>
You should have the right of way so should be their fault. Also did they hit you or did you hit them?

Also did anyone get a ticket from the officer? If so then that's pretty much a slam dunk.
>>
>>66166679
Thanks for the reply. The officer did not say anything, they said it will take about 8 days for the report to be available. They didn't give a clear verdict but just took down information.

I'm worried because I've never had this happen before and they can blame me.
>>
GET

A

DASH

CAM
GET A DASH CAM

GET A FUCKING DASHCAM

DASHCAM, GET ONE

GO TO WALMART, BUY A CHEAP 130 BUCK GOPRO, AND USE THAT, YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND MORE THAN 100 BUCKS, I'M SURE YOU CAN FIND GOOD ONES USED FOR LESS THAN 100, TOO

GET A DASHCAM

FOR REAL, DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S A FUCKING POINT AND SHOOT TAPPED TO YOUR DASH

i have one, and it saved my ass 4 times in the last year
>>
>>66166798
No tickets given out. She ran into me while I was in the middle of executing the turn but I slammed the breaks so she hit me in the drivers front side with her passenger front side. What I'm worried is that they'll see that both cars have damaged fronts and consider it both parties' faults. It's not a clear picture such as being rear-ended.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1536x1526) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1536x1526
>>66166679
Got a question...why do traffic officers seem to be so chill?
>>
>>66167098

From how you describe it the damage should be clear that she struck you. That plus you having right of way there should be very little they can contest.

Just be firm about that when talking to the insurance companies and you should be fine.
>>
I have a shitty G1W dashcam in my car

I do not have these concerns, OP, because it records everything that happens. It was $50 plus the $20 for the sd card

I suspect your deductible is going to be more than that
>>
>>66165653
it looks like she's at fault for not giving you the right of way

insurance companies are shady and will do whatever it takes to find you at fault

there's probably a website out there that tells you exactly what to say to the insurance company so they don't use your own words against you
>>
>>66167032

You don't live in Russia.
4 times in the last year?
What the flying fuck.
I know in poor countries ppl are throwing themselves onto hoods but what?
>>
>>66167032
I've been wanting to get one but never got to it :(
fuck me.
>>66167502
that's why i'm worried, they have every incentive to fuck me over, they don't want to give me money.
>>
>>66167098
You are fine, I wouldn't worry. The officer will get it right I'm sure, it's pretty easy.

>>66167191
Most of us are because its necessary to be calm to keep others calm. It is a lot easier to control chaotic messes when someone gets there who can calmly tell others what needs to be done. That and we get used to fatal accident scenes and unruly people and anything less is just easy.
>>
>>66167584

I live in a college town,

let that sink in
>>
>>66167700
In my experience they do what they are supposed to the way you'd expect. Unless you have a really shitty insurance company... Then, you get what you pay for.
>>
>you were on highway
>they had stop
>you turned to exit
>they hit the driver's side of the vehicle
>the other drive claimed fault

literally no issue
>>
>>66167700

Your insurance company would much rather say you're innocent and pin the costs on the other company.

The only place they are actively going to try to screw you is once they find in your favor the other insurance company will try to lowball you on the payout.
>>
>>66165653

Insurance adjuster here.

It's your fault OP. Just pay your deductible and get your car fixed. You think we're fucking you over? Then don't buy insurance. Have fun getting sued for tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars for damages and injuries.

Oh and getting a lawyer is easy as fuck. You'd be surprised how many spics here in California immediately lawyer up for even the smallest of accidents
>>
>>66165653
From the overhead view:
>she was at stop sign
>you were not
>you had the right of way
>she failed to make sure intersection was clear before proceeding
>you described situation to officer
>she agreed with this assessment
You are 100% in the clear here. If your insurance company tries dicking you over by raising your rates going forward, shop around.
>>
>>66168165

Ok Mr. Adjuster, how is it his fault?
>>
>>66167098
>She ran into me
as in you have damage to your side panel?

you win, end of discussion
>>
>>66168277

Failing to maintain proper lookout.
>>
>>66168165
>adjuster here
>don't buy insurance
driver's insurance is mandatory in California

3/10 for trying though
>>
>>66168346

And the other person's failure to yield to right of way?
>>
File: 1452673313681.png (131 KB, 530x585) Image search: [Google]
1452673313681.png
131 KB, 530x585
>>66165653

you know if your country drove on the left side of the road your accident would never have happened
>>
>>66168346
>proper lookout
That must be the technical term, from inside the insurance industry.
>>
>>66168346

Except
>He was the one hit

Her fault anon, don't go victim blaming here
>>
>>66168339
I have damages on my drivers side fender and bumper is fucked because of that too. They have damage on the right side of their bumper only, no damage on fender from what I've saw.
>>
>>66168419

I'm fully aware of that. The point still stands that you can still choose to not buy insurance in California. Or do you really think every car you drive next to is really carrying insurance?
>>
>>66168346
>Failing to maintain proper lookout.
I slammed the breaks and sounded my horn for a good 1-2 seconds while the other party didn't even look to the right.
>>
>>66168165
I can confirm the lawyer thing.. I own a body shop in LA
>>
>>66168560

You can use that logic, but insurance will likely say OP could have avoided it.
>>
>>66165653
You get fucked no matter what. Either you're going to be at fault, and your rates will increase. Or you're not going to be at fault, and depending on the damage to your vehicle you will get a dollar amount that in a lot of cases either will not pay for suitable repairs, or will not be what your car is worth to you.

From your post, it seems somewhat minor damage, so it will get repaired, if she did in fact tell the officer it was her fault, or he deems it her fault. Enjoy having a fucked up resale value on your car, even if the repairs are done well. I have a few stories, but I will tell the most fucked up one I have.

>Was leaving my complex to go to a Hockey game.
>Complex entrance and exit driveways are very small it's a very tight fit to get cars side by side.
>My next door neighbor is leaving in his shit van, but he's stopped in the drive.
>I back out of my spot, and am talking to my friend who's going to the game with me.
>Just sitting there, waiting for my neighbor to move.
>Don't want to be a dick, and honk or anything, because the guy does live right next door to me.
>I am about 50 yards behind him, my car is in neutral. It was a standard.
>Suddenly, and without warning, my neighbor puts his van in reverse, and guns it, heading right for me.
>Punch the clutch, get my car in reverse, about to dump the clutch to avoid.
>All while honking my horn. He's hauling ass.
>Fucker slams into me.
>His wife gets out "OMG I'm so sorry!"
>He gets out "Why did you hit me?!"
>He's drunk.
>I explain that I didn't hit him, and that he hit me, for backing up the drive like a madman.
>Trying not to be a dick, he is my next door neighbor.
>He accepts that it's his fault, and gives me his info, I give him none, because I was obviously not at fault.
>I also have 2 witnesses, the guy in my car with me, and my girlfriend who was standing at the door waving goodbye to us.
>I think, "This is no biggie, he has insurance, and admitted it was his fault"
con't
>>
I turned fox, what the fuck happened with o'reilly?

I saw the interview after the debate. Was it for that?

>UPDATE ME ANON
>>
>>66166045
Yes I do believe it is. Might wanna check on that though.
>>
>>66169066
>He's drunk
you didnt immediately call the cops?
>>
>>66169066

Always call the cops when there is an accident, especially if he was drunk. If you got screwed on insurance then it's only your fault.
>>
>>66165653
You are probably going to get fucked over
You were driving on the wrong side of the road
>>
>>66166045
Yes. If they admit fault they screwed themselves. As long as you can legally use that as evidence. Check your state's wire-tapping laws.
>>
>>66169019
>lawyer
I hope it doesn't escalate to this. They seemed like reasonable people. The damages aren't that bad either.
>>
>>66165653
Insurance = Pyramid Scam
Everything that involves Jews is a pyramid scam
>>
you're not at fault
>>
You might as well kill yourself, there's no coming back from this. Your career is over
>>
>>66169823
this

op has been stumped
>>
>>66169066
>Car is not that fucked up
>Needs new hood, fender, headlights, but still driveable.
>Go to the game
>Get home and call his insurance company
>WEEKS GO BY
>Finally, I'm talking to his agent for like the 50th time, and she says she can't reach him
>Says she will keep trying, meanwhile my car is still all fucked up.
>Another couple weeks go by.
>During all this time, the deadbeat moved out while I was at work, I never saw him bounce.
>Insurance company finally calls me back.
>Tells me "He didn't report it, because you hit him, and he was trying to be nice, but he says it's your fault"
>I say "I have witnesses to the event, it's absolutely his fault"
>She says they will not pay, and I can go to court if I like.
>I don't want to deal with that shit.
>I end up having to pay my deductible, to get my car fixed, and I have to deal with increased rates.

I'm a lot older and wiser than I was back then. In hindsight I should've had my insurance company deal with his from the start, but I didn't. And so much time had passed that mine no longer gave any fucks. They said my witnesses were no good, since they were related to me.

So I ended up having to pay to fix my car some drunken asshole hit while backing up like a madman.
>>
>>66169953

You, you fucked up. I've been in three accidents, called the cops every time, and I've never been found to be at fault.
>>
>>66169953
thats what court is for
>>
>>66169308
>>66169482
Yes yes, I should have called the cops. Keep in mind I was 17, dude was my neighbor, and it was all on private property. In my story, I made it seem like I was immediately aware of his drunkenness, but it was something that only occurred to me after the fact.
>>
>>66165653

Licensed adjuster here (AIC, CPCU)

You have right of way. Based on the point of impact, you were there to be seen. However, YOU saw them and failed to take evasive action when they were there to be seen pulling out.

Liability split 80/20, 80 percent on the other driver.>>66165653
>>
>>66170147
Cops will not do a write up for an accident on private property.
>>
>>66170409

Must be a state thing because I've had cops respond to an accident on private property. No tickets issued because of it but they did give me a report.
>>
>>66170316
>and failed to take evasive action when they were there to be seen pulling out.
Thanks for your reply. What exactly do you mean by this, though? What evasive action could I have taken other than to slam my brakes and sound my horn? I guess I could have abruptly swung back to the right, but then the would have just slammed into my side.
>>
I work in insurance.

So here's the deal. Yes, your carrier is going to try to poke holes in your story but from what I can tell, you had the right of way. The other driver was stopped at a stop sign and it was her/his failure to look for approaching vehicles before turning that resulted in the accident. This is why you have insurance; to protect you from situations like this.
>>
>>66170970
I don't have full coverage, only liability coverage. It'll be their insurance company trying to fuck me over. My insurance company is going to try and say it's not my fault so they don't have to pay their insurance company, I think.
>>
>>66170970
Also, is it a good idea to try and ask businesses from around for footage just in case? Any reason not to?
>>
>>66166045
Fuck yes it is. Worst case, your company covers your car and then sues their company for compensation. That recording is valuable to them and for making sure your rate doesn't go up.

At least it wasn't uninsured Sanchez and 15 of his friends packed into a car.
>>
>>66171517
Usually your carrier will do that, and should be able to get it unless the business owners refuse to co-operate in which case a court order will be necessary. If footage of the accident is available, it would be a huge aid to your case.

About your other post, yes her insurance company will also be looking for ways to poke holes in your story. From what you've described, though, and having looked at the intersection on Google, I don't see any way they could get around the fact that you had the right of way. It doesn't really matter whether you were paying attention or not (I know you said you were), SHE was the party obligated to make certain that the road was clear before turning. I wouldn't sweat it if I were you.
>>
>>66171841
The recording does not have any faces, I was recording the damage on my car with the camera and they kind of "broke down" almost crying saying it was their fault and that they're sorry and that they didn't see me.
>>
>>66165653
Insurance companies believe that if there is any damage to the front fender or further front, and the car is not completely stopped/parked, you will maintain some fault, and punish you with 3 full years of insurance rape.
>>
>>66168164
>The other insurance company will try to lowball you on the payout.

This is why you take the car to someplace your insurance operates out of, and have your insurance company bill them.
>>
>>66165883
Who tboned who?

If you hit her side with your front, your fault.
>>
>>66172368
There was no tbone, she hit me into my drivers front side. My entire drivers front fender is fucked. If I didn't slam the brakes, it would have been a clear t-bone into me.
>>
>Drive wish a dashcam
>never have to worry about this shit
>>
>>66165653
I don't know if this differs state to state but you have the right of way, them on a smaller road have a stop sign right?

you're fine.
>>
>>66172604
Post pics
>>
>>66168511
>>66169490

holy shit why is it ingrained in you bottom of the earth rednecks to be useless shitposters? every damn one of you
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-03-21-35-17.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-03-21-35-17.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>66173695
>>
>>66174619

Looks pretty obvious that they hit you, should be hard to contest.
>>
>>66175403
Hopefully. Thanks for your response.
>>
>>66174619

>Driving acura

traitor
>>
Former insurance guy here.

>if you're in an accident, your rates are going up nigga, actuarial gives zero fucks and accidents are shared on a database that insurance companies can view and in some cases retroactively raise your rates after auditing you

>if it's a clear case of the other guy being 100% at fault (such as them rear-ending you) call the other insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident and get them to pay for it

>a lawyer will generally be completely not cost effective unless there's injuries involved and you're in a no limit state, and claims people will fucking laugh at you being the 20th person to threaten suing them over a 1994 honda civic that day

>the adjuster has to negotiate with the repair shop over the price of parts and labor, some shops will help you, some won't. But it's pretty funny that some shops have a reputation for bullying adjusters

>the claims departments are full of negress diversity hires and they're generally retarded and useless. follow up, follow up, and follow up some more if they're dragging their feet
>>
>>66176552

>people will fucking lie and change stories constantly, the police report is a good move if you can get it. Record them with your phone (some states require permission from them to do this though)

>don't ever let someone leave without providing all their information, if someone tries to leave without giving you all the information, take their plate and call the police to report someone trying to leave the scene of an accident

>if the accident is on private property like a parking lot, cops are generally going to tell you to fuck off (that's normal in a lot of states)
>>
>>66165653

You got this, you were obviously making a legal left turn and the other driver was stopped at the sign right? then turned anyway and hit you?

Did the cop get pics of the crash with the vehicles stopped? Since you were making a left turn from the road if the stopped driver was over the Stop Line marked on the road and you hit them, they are still at fault. If they drove out and hit you as you were turning, they're still at fault and should get a failure to observe traffic/intersection or something like that charge.
>>
>>66165653
They're going to fuck both of you and charge you both more per month.
>>
>>66168165
#jewspotting
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.