[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Right Wingers think the way they do? Do they base their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: high school dropout.jpg (24 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
high school dropout.jpg
24 KB, 550x300
Why do Right Wingers think the way they do? Do they base their ideology on anything other than how issues make them feel? Why do they tend to be less educated than Leftists? I am genuinely curious.
>>
>>66164316
You're making a straw man and then attacking it, try again shill
>>
Strawman: The Thread

Coming to a /pol/ near you.
>>
>>66164435
>>66164525

It is a fact that they are less educated. And I really can't see any logic in the decisions they make/positions they hold on issues.

Name one good reason not to put everything we have into protecting the environment and taking care of our people.
>>
>>66165118
>It is a fact that they are less educated.

What is your point? Do you jerk off to your sense of superiority because your "side" is, on average, slightly more educated?

>Name one good reason not to put everything we have into protecting the environment and taking care of our people.

This is exactly what republicans want to do. They just want to do it in a different way than you, and it makes you angry for some reason.
>>
People who identify with political parties, left or right, are both really fucking retarded.
>>
>>66165118
>It is a fact that they are less educated.
Citation needed. I'm not even right wing but I don't think you can say this is necessarily a given. I think the media does present right wingers as dumb but idk if that translates into reality.
>>
>>66165485

>hurr education has no value
My point is that educated people have a broader worldview, a better understanding of our political system and history, and a sense of responsibility to the world as a whole.

>implying republicans care about anything other than increasing corporate profits
Republicans would gut the EPA if they could, along with Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. They want to hand the reins over to the private sector (essentially a massive bureaucracy accountable to no one but the rich fuckers who own the companies)

Do you really trust corporations over an elected government?
>>
>>66164316
I think you mean the left is the one the bases their entire ideology off of feelings.
>>
>>66166761
Ha, he thinks 'science' is feelings. Good luck keeping your factory job pleb.
>>
>>66166346
>educated people have a broader worldview, a better understanding of our political system and history, and a sense of responsibility to the world as a whole.

College education does not provide these things. Life does. Even if what you claim is true, the difference in educations rates is only a few percentage points, and it isn't going to make such a dramatic difference as you think.

>Republicans would gut the EPA if they could, along with Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. They want to hand the reins over to the private sector

Of course they do. They believe in the responsibility of the individual to take care of one's self. Liberals want the government to take care of them.

The fact is, crippling companies with regulations on emissions does little to stop the emissions. These companies move to a different country that allows them to pollute as much as they please, like Mexico or China. You get the same level of pollution, but now all your jobs are gone.

If you REALLY want to help the environment, you need to get all the other countries in the world to agree on a policy together and stick to it; if a single one refuses everyone is just going to move there to pollute as much as they can because money.
>>
File: dingus.gif (1002 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
dingus.gif
1002 KB, 500x481
>>66166008
>Left Party
>Right Party
>>
>>66164316
Lurk more faggot
>>
>>66167293
>implying that people are 'responsible' when billions of dollars are invoved
>implying that learning about science, history, human behavior, etc doesn't provide a different (broader) perspective

If you had studied history, you would know that corporations and other powerful private entities CANNOT be trusted.

Countries are coming together on Climate Change, this is another arena we are lagging in.
>>
>>66167895

Stop implying shit that I'm not even remotely saying, you faggot.

>If you had studied history, you would know that corporations and other powerful private entities CANNOT be trusted.

I never said they should. You are the one who keeps insisting this.

>Countries are coming together on Climate Change, this is another arena we are lagging in.

I absolutely agree, and it is an issue that both Democrats and Republicans are guilty of. Crying that Republicans want to ease pollution restrictions is just shifting the blame.
>>
>>66167895
>>66168325
International climate change initiatives are how the industrialized first world countries keep the third world from developing. Money should be invested in R&D like CERN's proposed fusion reactor project, not wasted on bullshit climate conferences. Taxing people will also not necessarily solve the problem.
>>
>>66164316
>I am genuinely curious.

CONFIRMED (OP) is a fag.
>>
>>
>>66168325
If these entities should not be trusted, then why do rightists want to privatize everything?

We should be leading on the environment, like we've led for the past 70 years, not allowing corporations to pollute more. Why do rightists want to allow pollution for the sake of more $$$ to the already-rich?
>>
>>66168879
I like the idea of investing in science-based solutions, but at this point we also need to prevent as much climate changing pollution as possible.
>>
>>66164316
Being in college for 10 years doesn't make you more educated. Your Gender Studies/Letters/English degree is worthless.

When are you going to start paying on those loans son?
>>
>>66169597
lol I'm self educated, self employed son.
>>
>>66169400

Why do you trust the government? Governments are made of the same type of self centered people that corporations are made of. Governments don't give a shit about you. Governments are no more or less worthy of your trust than any other group of people.
>>
Right wing, conservative values hold up to scrutiny in reality. Left wing ideologies do not. This is documented time and time again throughout history.

Left wingers dominate institutions like colleges and universities where ideologies are allowed to fester and grow because there isn't a healthy dose of reality present to keep it in check. Once people move into the real world and experience some kind of hardship or responsibility, they see that liberal leftism is not a sustainable course of action in the long term.

Really what it boils down to is right wing conservatism is proven valuable during times of hardship and needed for sustained growth and prosperity, while liberal leftism is only marginally experimented with during times of decadence and excess, but quickly discarded when the period of excess is over. This is why liberalism has allowed to fester in the civilized, westernized world almost exclusively and is all but non-existent in the rest of the world
>>
>>66164316
it's called authoritarianism
>>
>>66164316
facts don't give a fuck about your feelings
>>
Not a troll post. Not a shill. Not lying. Most racist iv spoken with are more intelligent than leftist iv spoken with. The leftist are usually good hearted but the racist usually know quiet a bit about anthropology and have hard feelings towards crime and mischeif. Then there are the stupid bubba boby racist and the idiotic meg feminist fag liberals
>>
>>66170470
I think a lot of right wingers are that way for a reason, they are well informed about crime rates, economic policy, etc. The idiots who the left try to prop up as the norm are idiots, but they just happen to support the right ideology.

It's like knowing something is truth but you can't explain it. You know why the Earth rotates around the sun, but you might not be able to quantitatively describe the concept of gravity with 100% accuracy
>>
Democrats are Idealists
Republicans are Realists

In a world where we have infinite land, infinite resources, and infinite money, I would vote for all the democratic programs in the world, but we don't, and we never will. This is why the universal healthcare sucks in comparison to private care. Sure it's free, but enjoy waiting for two days to be seen (in a hospital) and getting substandard service. That's how it is in the countries that have free healthcare. Same thing with colleges. I don't see or frequently hear about people going abroad to Swedish colleges, yet we have Chinese and Indians by the boatloads taking masters and doctorate programs in the United States.

You can't fix all the problems all at once, so you pick the most pressing problems and focus on fixing those first. World is already naturally going towards less pollution with innovations in energy and automobiles. So I'd rather focus on stricter immigration, getting strict on foreign policy, and working on fixing our own infrastructure before we go into an even worse resection than the last
>>
>>66166346
>>66167895
>supporting climate change initiatives that accomplish little more than chaining 3rd world countries to their 3rd world status
>muh liberals are the party of compassion and reasoned worldview
Pick one.
>>
>>66165118
>fact

And I'm assuming you have evidence?
>>
>>66167225
What is scientific about the liberal view?

Also that ad hominem
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.