[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Irish Travellers be recognised as an ethnic minority?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Should Irish Travellers be recognised as an ethnic minority?

Does anyone have any positive stories of travellers? Whenever there's a piece on television about them, it's very muted discussion on both sides, but in real life, I never see anything but actual hatred for travellers.

Have any of you had any dealings with them?
>>
>>66117267

What exactly is a "pikey"? Just Irish people that move around a lot? How would that make them any different ethnically than regular Irish? Unless you're saying they're not from Ireland.
>>
>>66117486
I don't think they should be. But the EU is putting huge pressure on Irish governments to recognise them as such even though so far they have resisted
>>
>>66117267
Absoulte scum, They have been driving slowly past my house for the past 2 weeks scouting it out.
>>
>>66117267

>Have any of you had any dealings with them?

No but they are active in Finland during summers trying to scam people.
>>
File: 1451381163314.png (108 KB, 273x252) Image search: [Google]
1451381163314.png
108 KB, 273x252
I find it amusing you call them gypsies.
>>
>>66117746
So what country is it that you think they are from originally? Because they just look like Irish people to me.
>>
>>66118550
We just call them knackers
>>
>>66118647
As I said, I don't think it. I asked does anyone think it, because the EU are trying for years with bullying tactics to get it to happen
>>
File: 20150622_154829.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150622_154829.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
They were not happy
>>
in vancouver we got illegal weed shops everywhere and there were 2 irish guys that i would run into in one of them

the first guy told me about the dumbing down of america some alex jones interview about the illuminati

the other guy argued chemtrails with me when i was explainign what they were to someone in the store

argued for the existance of chemtrails
>>
>>66117267
frigg off randy
>>
>>66117267
>Should Irish Travellers be recognised as an ethnic minority?

is this like romanians saying they aren't gypsies when they literally are gypsies?
>>
>>66117267

I live in a very rural area on the england/wales border and we get a lot of pikeys.

There was a single pikey family that parked up near my grandparents farm and stayed there for a while.
They had a couple of younger children and one 16 year old son.
Anyhow the son was left alone in the caravan and managed to set it on fire by trying to use the cooker, the fella was so retarded he didnt know how to use the phone, when the police found him he was just talking into the phone outside the caravan, the phone was off the hook and he hadnt even dialled a number.
Pretty shitty parenting on there part because theyd never sent the poor fucker to school, so he was as thick as pigshit.

As you can imagine nobody likes them here.
>>
>>66121344

I don't know what your point is
>>
>>66117267
haha!
>>
File: 2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg (66 KB, 559x664) Image search: [Google]
2,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg
66 KB, 559x664
haha
>>
>>66117486
You'd have to see them to understand
They're all ogres
FAR worse than ordinary Irish people
They're also dumb as shit and ride around on horses stealing shit, then go home fighting eachother

A good example of them

https://youtu.be/7eaLsvusF7s
>>
>>66117267

Gypsies, travellers, kampers ... all parasites.

Raised to see outsiders as nothing more than marks, they're essentially illiterate Jews.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
It doesn't look like a bad life
>>
>>66117267
ho ho
>>
>>66117267
I've been robbed by travelers before, and I've had many friends that ended up in fights with travelers. However, I've also met some really genuinely decent people from traveler families. There's also the fact that quite a lot of travelers, far from the myth that travelers all have lots of money:
1) Have no ready source of running water
2) Are often not accepted in schools with the result that they don't get an education
3) Have one of the highest suicide rates of any group in the country, possibly the highest suicide rate.

Hatred of these people is almost government-approved, and you can say what you like about some of the loud ones, but the treatment that a lot of them encounter is shocking and if I were them, and had that level of resentment leveled toward me from birth, I'd probably turn to crime too.
>>
>>66121933

If they live in houses and have a society not based on being parasites of some larger groups they are not gypsies.
>>
>>66117746

Are they just full blooded Celts?
>>
Irish travellers are legitimately and 100% genetically the same as normal Irish people. They just act retarded.
>>
You will never live in Belfast in 70's
>>
>>66117267
Aren't white people a minority compared to chinks and shitskins?

It's all a matter of perspective....actually it's a matter of bullshit fake statistics.
>>
File: 1429482840621.png (206 KB, 4496x4328) Image search: [Google]
1429482840621.png
206 KB, 4496x4328
i hate nackers
>>
>>66122635

If they weren't such criminal scum they wouldn't exist any more. The persecution drives them together and makes them resistant to assimilation.
>>
>>66122696

someone was posting ugly gypsy houses in a thread the other night though so you're wrong, I'll see if I can find some
>>
File: house_05[1].jpg (50 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
house_05[1].jpg
50 KB, 640x427
>>66122696
>>66123085

that took shorter than I thought
>>
>>66122703
Who the fuck know man. Even celts were more civilised than these fucks. Theres a theory that they started during the famine since a nomadic life offered the best chance for survival in a food deprived Ireland. Then from there they regressed
>>66117267
What would this achieve? All it would do would force companies to hire a certain amount of them and bam! We have our niggers in the workplace like America.
>>
>>66122530
It's a bad life. Trust me
>>
>>66122635
You sound like a fucking SJW.
>have no source of running water
How's that my fault? Move where theres water then. They literally live on wheels
>are not accepted into school
They pull their sons out of school at 16, and their daughters at 13. You can't turn a kid away from school, it's their own fault that their kids don't get an education
>high suicide rates
Not our responsibility to interfere in the culture of others. They don't want to be part of this country and contribute so they should receive no help.
>>
They are a very inbred population. I am not just saying this. When they give birth, hospitals advise them not to breast feed until the kid has been worked up for inherited metabolic diseases.
>>
>>66122635
How can they have running water if they dont live in houses?
How can they be accepted in a school if they dont stay in one place?
Anything negative they experience they inflict upon themselves.

There is literally a program of giving them free fucking houses.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.