[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: emo[1].jpg (15 KB, 307x384) Image search: [Google]
emo[1].jpg
15 KB, 307x384
What's /pol/s thoughts on emo and scene subcultures?

Not the one we see now, but the beginning of this 'trend' in early 2006 who posted Myspace bulletins, listened to Saosin and The Used; when more and more people were listening to emo music and it really started to take off.

Were they degenerate shits? Or did they have a respectable culture involving rock music and unique clothing? Compared to the SJW's of today they really are quite tame.

I used to be a bit of a 'scene kid' when I was 12-14 and it wasn't too bad, I didn't think it was degenerate back then. I'd actually meet a number of new people at the mall on Friday night, where all the other emo kids would gather and hang out once a week.

It was a fairly big social clique where you could easily walk up to a stranger and start a conversation, and if they were dressed 'alternative' it was okay to chat with them about what music you're into, new albums coming out etc.

Why don't these sub-cultures exist anymore?
>>
because everyone listen to nigger music now
>>
Natural peacocking of the adolescent and hopefully just that embarassing stage youth tend to go through
>>
I remember in highschool a bunch of emo kids stole some ecstacy from a black guy and he came back with like 15 people and kicked the shit out of them

I think one of them went into a seizure and died actually.
>>
File: 1448405481819.jpg (7 KB, 161x250) Image search: [Google]
1448405481819.jpg
7 KB, 161x250
>>66083293
>that emo kid at school who never snapped out of it
>is now 20 something and still dressing like a faggot
>>
>>66083188
dyed my hair black so did my gf
i was 14 she was 13
made her wear a tiny skirty thigh high black stockings , do scene hair and makeup
then popped her cherry, then fucked her best friend. so the sub culture will always have a special place in my heart. guess i was a poser tho..
>>
Do emos even exist anymore?
>>
Not as bad as SJWs now, but a lot of them are the same people. Scene culture glorified bisexuality, made gay pride into a fashion statement (rainbow bracelets and such), and encouraged emotional weakness. Terrible, self indulgent group overall.
>>
>>66083505
Thats pretty gross anon
>>
Hipsters are the new emos
>>
>>66083188
Doesn't matter to me. Different style, same old sluts. Men never change except to get worse.
>>
I went into a hot topic with intent to spend money. Its been at least 6 years since ive done that. There was nothing but shitty sticker tshirts and tank tops.
No hoodies
No shoes
No belts
No messanger bags
I grew up in Pittsburgh though were the punk scene ia still strong. So maybe this is only the case in the PNW
>>
>>66083505
had blue eyes too
fuuck
uni girls are a step down from virgin emo loli
>>
>>66083560
>made gay pride into a fashion statement

Most of the one's I encountered were incredibly homophobic.
>>
>>66083624
Britbro, I think our scene subcultures were somewhat different deep down despite being visually similar
>>
>>66083821
uh only the american anything is gay
you guys just like it up the ass for whatevr reason
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/MyDigitalEscape
>>
Emo was late 90s into 2001. 2006?
>>
File: 1449192735368.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449192735368.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>66083987
>Australia
>>
>>66084191
Pretty sure it didn't magically stop in 2001.
>>
>>66083188

If kids went through the emo phase as teens instead of the "massive attention seeking gay/trans" bullshit I'd be less worried.

Somethings more nostalgic about it, even If I never went through any of that myself.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
14 KB, 300x300
Heeeey guys, Matthew Lush heeeere
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJWT1udKNZE
>>
>>66084262
you think i am joking?
you guys are really fucking gay

i havent met an openly gay or bi anyone ever
>>
i used to be an emo, it was really cool actually

literally all that matters is your hair and some bands and its easy to bond with another emos
>>
>>66084455
Oh god, I thought we were over this shit. He's not even attractive.
>>
>>66084307

Well this isn't /mu/ or anything but to me thats when it stopped being a genre and just became mainstream pop, thats the year Jimmy Eat World/Saves the Day/Good Charlotte/etc came out and sold like hotcakes and blew the whole thing up
>>
>>66084562
No, I think you're serious, but I also know you're Australian. Its in your nature to shitpost, I'm not anymore mad at you than I would be at a fish for swimming.
>>
>>66084707
>>66084707
>Jimmy Eat World/Saves the Day

Been around since the 90s

>Good Charlotte

That isn't emo.
>>
>>66084849
gay
>>
>>66083188
More like a shitty counter culture that tried to emulate punks or goths and failed in the same way that is being just a phase. Just teenage shit. Not really harmful and can lead to pretty funny and cringy memories later on.
>>
>>66084455
Looks like Drake Bell
>>
>>66084707
emo = emotional
try mcr
>>
>>66083188
that shit was 2000s thing. Never caught on properly here because of all the bullying and beatings, rapes.
Even small kids were taught to throw rocks at them on sight if they ever approach the commieblock.
>>
>>66084868

Their mainstream albums you dumb british fuck, their biggest fucking albums. And thats exactly what i'm fucking saying. They're NOT emo. They killed it to sell out their own generic spin of it to the mainstream. You fucking redcoat retard
>>
>>66085149
mad
>>
>>66083188
Metal and Punks were the best until both subcultures turned to shit.

Metalheads are overweight, balding Larpers now, while Punks are a bunch of spineless PC faggots.

Emo was essentially the pussified, homosexual version of Punks. It was already shit from the start and I'm glad it died out, but in a way, it was still better than the nigger subculture that young people are following now.
>>
>>66083188
Nihilistic and hedonistic degeneracy. Just because they weren't trying to push gay dildos down our throats doesn't mean they're to be idolized.
>>
>>66084707
Good emo still gets produced, not the pop punk kind. I've even heard the phrase "emo revival" to distinguish itself from the shit that teenage girls listen to
>>
File: 2danl9t[1].png (322 KB, 411x341) Image search: [Google]
2danl9t[1].png
322 KB, 411x341
>>66085149
Someone's buttflustered hahahahahhahaha

Holy shit how can you get so mad at something as redundant as emo music.

bahahahaha
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.