[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of The Wire?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9
File: the-wire.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
the-wire.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
What does /pol/ think of The Wire?
>>
>>66020794
Most of the /pol/ is too young to watch it.
>>
>>66020794
Best TV series I've ever seen.
>>
True patricians watch the Sopranos
>>
Best documentary until UK Shameless
>>
Shiiiyeeet
>>
It's okay.
Probably the most realistic portrayal of US cops to have ever graced TV.

The people who bang on about it being "the best" are usually just hyperbolc wannabe critics
>>
>>66020794
It was pretty good. The story was pretty good, and i loved how it showed everything through the perspective of multiple people.
>>
It was good. It really showed how fucked up everything is and how politics cause nothing to get done. Also how degenerate alcoholics and drug addicts are
>>
>>66020794
Shieeeet
>>
>>66020794

The last series was kek worty. Sort of undid the whole message from the prior ones. I think the series on the docks was the best.
>>
File: levy.jpg (23 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
levy.jpg
23 KB, 506x316
>>66020794
It was great and I enjoyed it as much as I did the Sopranos.

Their portrayal of Jews was on point.
>>
Shieeeeeeeet
>>
>>66021439
This
Sopranos is so fucking good, dude
>>
>>66023468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss3Abk_bwLs
>>
>>66020794
It was great. When Omar got blasted by the little niglet I actually laughed.

Stringer Bell was and still is the best character ever written into the show ino
>>
>>66023468
Clay Davis is the fuckin man.
>>
>>66020794

an excellent show. seasons 1, 2, and 4 are exceptionally strong.

>where the FUCK is wallace?!
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1810x1016) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1810x1016
Living in Baltimore this show makes me sick. It showcased an idolized version of crime in this shit run city and made a queer gangster the most beloved character. Everything that is wrong in this country can be found in this show. Dirty cops, but not only dirty, equally lazy and incompetent. Gangsters romanticized for killing men, women, children, just to be able to push rocks. Fuck this show and fuck this city, I wish it burned to the ground back last April and something worth living in would be built from its ashes. Sorry /pol/tards, I just really fucking hate everything about my city right now.
>>
>>66020794
It's good if you fast forward through a lot of the boring shit, especially the political shit.
>>
>>66023934
shhhh only tears now.

you know the best part about baltimore?...seeing it in your rearview mirror for a final time. I live in baltimore, catonsville. niggers are the problem and not the cops.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 497x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 497x604
>>66024188

Im not blaming cops man. I know being behind that blue line in this city makes you public enemy number one, might have come out wrong in my last post. But you're right, my plan is to move down south, preferably NC in the mountains. The city and parts of the county like where you're at and my location which I won't say, has its "ghetto/suburb" lines being blurred daily. Influx of assisted housing not just in apartments but now into townhouse communities is making this entire state go to shit. Which is sad because I love Maryland, but I'm not putting my kids through the same bullshit public school system this county has. Didn't realize how shit it was until 7th grade when a nigger called a math test racist.
>>
Simply The Best TV series no one ever watched. Red pilled as fuck.
>>
File: CD1NLWJ.jpg (259 KB, 1035x1600) Image search: [Google]
CD1NLWJ.jpg
259 KB, 1035x1600
Favorite scene was the "fucking crime scene". Amazing show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx0xulrOsgQ
>>
>>66020794
Very very realistic depiction of the problems in failed societies.

David Simon is a leftie, but you can't tell by watching the show. The show is about problems, not solutions. And David Simon is clearly a leftie who sees the world the way /pol/ sees it.

The black culture in Baltimore is depicted as unable to integrate into a positive society. It just exists because it always existed. Kids are sucked into it before they have a chance to think about it.
>>
>>66023934
>. Gangsters romanticized for killing men, women, children, just to be able to push rocks.

Dumbass. All of the characters were written so you wouldn't know whether to love or hate them.
Also, yes, we need more riots from Baltimore. BLM isn't doing shit. Rodney King is what's needed. Worse than that. Until then you get turf wars.
>>
>>66020794

It was a good show, but it's hilarious that Metafilter basically bases its entire political worldview on it. Simon was a reporter, not a wonk, and his political positions should be taken like any other person's opinions.
>>
>>66023581
If I didn't hate obnoxious Italian-American culture, accents, Tony's sister, and the "chip on the shoulder" mentality everyone has, i'd like it a lot more.

The worst thing about Mafia media is the Italian culture. They remind me of black gangsters who have just enough intelligence to organize themselves properly.
>>
>>66025850
Best scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wmgghlEagA
>>
>>66025721
I don't care about that stupid tv show, but I would shure as hell would get to know dat woman
>>
>>66023756
Shieeeeeeeeeeeet
>>66023819
A YO STRING'R
>Wheres Wallace?
>>
>>66020794
based as fuck. GOAT television. watch Show Me a Hero if you like The Wire
>>
>>66021764
>just hyperbolc wannabe critics
sounds a bit hyperbolc if you ask me. are you projecting or just completely self unaware?
>>
>>66021439

Funny thing is, the whole series, every episode, drops Jewish supremecy propaganda.

If you watch closesly, in every episode, its there. I ciuldnt watch past season 1 because not only was it a terrible ahow but the Jewish propaganda made me annoyed.

Its a show for true plebs, which you guys aee, so ita perfect for you.

Stay blue faggots.
>>
File: trump2.jpg (30 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
trump2.jpg
30 KB, 640x359
>>66021439
Truer patricians watch both.

I blazed through The Wire in about a week. Great show.
>>
>>66025721
thank you anon
>>
>>66023181
Best scene "the king stay the king"

https://youtu.be/y0mxz2-AQ64
>>
>>66021439
It's really a toss up between the two series.

The Wire was amazing though.
>>
>>66027524
Give ONE example
>>
It was good for the most part. Not MIND BLOWING 10/10 like wirefags want everyone to think, but it was good.

Now, I may be a super "radical" /pol/tard, but normally I'm able to enjoy things even when they support a liberal point of view. So I was able to look past a lot of the political bullshit in the wire, what with the creator being a liberal cuckold and nigger apologist and everything. Still, there were certain moments where I felt like they just went too far to the point where the liberal pandering was just too eye-rolling. Like making Omar gay, which I guess was revealed in season 1 or 2 some point. It really has nothing to do with anything. It's like they just put it in there just to make a point about how fags can be badass hardcore gangstas too.

That and a lot of HE A GOOD BOY DINDU NUFFIN HE WUZ JUST ABOUT TO GET HIS LIFE TOGETHER N GET OUTTA THE HOOD AND SHEEEEEEEIT stuff.

But those are overall nitpicks. Entertaining show. Don't agree with the overall underlying message the creator is trying to present.
>>
>>66027913
melfi's ex husband (peter bogdonovich)
hesh and his sage wisdom

there's two.
>>
Ziggy was the best character on TV ever
>>
>>66023934
>Gangsters romanticized for killing men, women, children, just to be able to push rocks.

Um, dude, they weren't romanticized. They were killed or arrested all the damn time. It was a portrayal of "these are the wages of sin". Even the big bad who got away with millions at the end of the final season still didn't have his name recognized on the streets as he had aimed to do, while the faggot was idolized.
>>
>>66020794
it's a Greek tragedy, just updated to be accessible to more people.
>>
>>66028038
>That and a lot of HE A GOOD BOY DINDU NUFFIN HE WUZ JUST ABOUT TO GET HIS LIFE TOGETHER N GET OUTTA THE HOOD AND SHEEEEEEEIT stuff.

never once happens. in fact, s4 shows just what happens when these beasts try to do just that. show is godlike in its basedness
>>
>>66027545

Yeah I was just baiting- the Wire is my all time fave second show after Sopranos. They're both GOAT.
>>
>>66021644
Save that silver tongue bullshit for the jury
>>
the show reddit watches so they can feel thug and pretend they have street knowledge
>>
Best scene was when the Greek slits the turks throat on the ship. Could never find it on youtube.
>>
>>66028038
Omar was gay from his very first episode, man.

And I think the "black society is 100 percent shit" overrides the gay characters.
>>
>>66027524

I never once got a sense of Hesh being superior to anyone he was just some Jew record producer who was Tonys dads friend. Wasn't even a main character. I'm pretty sure Tony even called him out on being a Jew once in some money dispute. That's another reason Sopranos is great- it's funny.
>>
I liked Boardwalk Empire a lot more than both Sopranos and The Wire. All three are great though.
>>
>>66021439

Sopranos is shit. The Wire is on another level.
>>
You people should also look into the "The Corner".

A bit more gritty and depression I felt but it was equally as good if not better.
>>
Awesome series.
A lot of critics think it was the best tv series ever.
Love the political games of the police/unions/government in the show.

The characters in the show were so rich and varied.
bad criminals and good criminals
good cops and bad cops
good politicians and bad politicians.

Really if you haven't seen the series, you should.
>>
>>66027524
It's called "limited hangout:" they lie so much that they can have pseudo-redpills which effectively preserve the most important delusions while revealing the awful truth about less important stuff.
Also David Simon from from being a liberal is a militant Stalinist whose stance on NSA universal monitoring is that we shouldn't worry about it because they don't have the data mining yet. This was a theme in the Wire with surveillance being omnipresent yet ignored.
>>
>>66027524
There's this speech early in Season Two about white drug dealers being racially inferior to clever black drug dealers.
>>
>pirate it
>version I got didn't come with subtitles
>can't understand 30-40 percent of the dindu speech
>download subtitles
>never matches up properly
>never get past episode 1 of season 2

Fucking shame because the first season was stellar.

SHEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>66029064
they have the whole series bundle on amazon on sale all the time for like $40
>>
>>66028494
Season 4 and 5 just didn't do it for me, but the first 3 seasons were god-tier.
>>
>>66028038
Omar was based on a real guy. The creator was a cop in Baltimore
>>
No love for Deadwood?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0MKJNWZS6c
>>
>>66028939
But general state of things is that blacks sell drugs and get bullets and prison and whites catch them and get pensions. Who did outsmart the game m8?

>>66027524
>drops Jewish supremecy propaganda.
If but this you mean that Jew lawer is portrayed as the most villain and disrespectable character in the entire show deserving zero sympathy than yes.
>>
OMAR COMIN' YO
>>
>>66031774

Was Omar a Libertarian?
>>
>>66031914
Kek, yes.
>>
>>66030638
Mah nigga. Best TV ever made. Too bad HBO fucked it up and didn't allow the final season.
>>
>>66031914
He represented Somalia quite well.
>>
>>66023934
>Everything that is wrong in this country can be found in this show

No shit, retard. It's supposed to be realistic.

>romanticized

toppest of keks, did you even watch it?
>>
>>66025850
Most redpilled show of all time. Would love to tear America down and debate David Simon on how to rebuild.
>>
Watched it late last year and loved it. Took a few episodes to get into and understand (later on I watched them again) but that's normal with most good TV shows that are very accurate to their theme (I wasn't too experienced with law lingo).

My favorite seasons:

>1st - Tie between S1 and S3: I enjoyed the Barksdale story and spinoffs the most (Stringer Bell was the best character on the show imo)

>2nd - S4: The school system and the effects of the streets on youth was raw but shows the viewer a realistic portrayal of the education system in inner city schools. It was entertaining to see what the kids would group up to be. One cool fact I realized after watching the show was the little boy who shot Omar was the one "playing" him after the shootout in a previous season and the kids were reenacting the event.

>3rd: S5: I love seeing media intertwined into show plots such as in House of Cards, but this had much more potential than what they did with it. The scene where the FBI so accurately portrays McNulty as his fake serial killer was hilarious.

>Last: S2, the docks. Was a great season, but I place it last because it should have been continued as a sub plot in later seasons. The message was that blue collar American is dying/dead and it was true. The scene when Nick Sobotka looks on at the harbor was moving. Was interesting to see him briefly pop back up as a protester at a Carcetti event.
>>
It was a fine show. It was not the greatest show ever, as some people claim
>>
>>66020794
fantastic representation of inner cities

love that it shows both the systemic conditions that destroy black communities and how blacks perpetuate it against each other and help to destroy their own communities

the hamsterdam season was so redpilled
>>
File: ziggy.jpg (22 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
ziggy.jpg
22 KB, 512x384
>>66028142
you jumped to the wrong thread, faggot.
>>
Anyone else notice the Jewish lawyer was recently in a commercial for Samsung Pay as the cashier who inquires about the cameras?
>>
>>66032218
At least we're finally getting a movie
>>
>>66023934
>romanticized

that was the point of multiple characters like avon barksdale, omar or wee bey. the streets idolized them and kids looked up to them, but ultimately it was a crock of shit and they either died brutally or ended up in jail with nothing to show for it
>>
>>66021439
I stopped watchin the show midway through season 2 desu. There was too much content-for-the-ladies-watching-this-show in between the good shit for me, I couldnt take it anymore. If I listen to Tony's cheating wife monologue about love and feelings one more time you will see me pulling a Dylan Roof 2.0
>>
>>66024188
I live in Ellicott City. Difficult to explain to outsiders that you cabdriver down 40 west, dodge bullets and then be in one of the most affluent areas of the state. The haves and have nots aren't that far apart.
>>
>>66034095

A shame because season 3 is great. I'd say continue through that and if you still don't like it fine. And the final season is probably the best TV I've seen.
>>
File: chimpsandchess.jpg (43 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
chimpsandchess.jpg
43 KB, 350x263
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an incredible metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with such masterful symbolism? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
>>66037073
Yes, wait until one of them teaches their little brother math problems.
>>
File: 1455380695057s.jpg (8 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
1455380695057s.jpg
8 KB, 250x194
>>66028592
>>
>>66020794
Made it to the 8th episode then stopped.

Overrated/10
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.