[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Americans will defend tipping Fucking whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 301x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 301x399
>Americans will defend tipping

Fucking whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>66008990

Tipping a waitress after you leave by leaving a few dollars at the table is normal.

Tip jars are NOT supposed to exist.
Especially tip jars at places like Subway who is already playing you your minimum wage.
>>
If I ran a barroom or restaurant, bartenders would just get a little cut of the drinks they pour. This way it's either an easy day or a day well-spent.

Waitresses can split this cut with the cooks. Why do servers get more for carrying it than cooks get for making it? They have to deal with ignorant lardballs all day but so do most jobs.
>>
the kind of scum that will serve you trash food at a chain needs immediate gratification for their work. thats why they cant handle a real job
>>
I refuse to tip more than $3. Fuck tipping percentages on bills, why should anyone tip more for ordering expensive shit?
>>
I dont tip
>>
>>66008990
because it is optional and this is the land of the free
>>
>>66008990
It's gay to tip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38
>>
File: 54635ygh.jpg (45 KB, 521x638) Image search: [Google]
54635ygh.jpg
45 KB, 521x638
>>66008990
Because servers get paid shit, even under the minimum wage
>>
>>66008990
Bunch of cheap fucks ITT.

But in Europe apparently even 10% is way too much to tip. Why is this?
>>
>>66009710
In europe there is no tipping, you work, you get paid. you want more money, get a new job
>>
>>66009710
>Why is this?

Because waiters and cooks here already get payed well above a living wage.
>>
>>66009999
Based dub dub quads don't lie.
>>
>>66008990
Tipping is an incentive to do your job right. Shitty service? No tip for you.
>>
>>66008990
>t.mr.pink
>>
File: who could be behind this.gif (4 KB, 452x523) Image search: [Google]
who could be behind this.gif
4 KB, 452x523
>>66009159
>tipping is normal

Fuck off nigger, my business made ~$260K last year, and I don't tip. Americans are so cucked.
>>
>They only make $2 an hour without tips ;_;
>muh poor skill-less wageslaves need YOUR money to survive
>>
>>66009642
Their employer has to match the difference. The only reason the employer is paying them $2-3/hr is because you fucktards tip.
>>
File: 275133-peter-thiel.jpg (46 KB, 740x726) Image search: [Google]
275133-peter-thiel.jpg
46 KB, 740x726
>>66008990
tipping is awesome

it makes dinner for non-tippers like me cheaper
>>
>>66008990
I always give extra money to people who I see are working hard
>>
>>66008990
Yep. Shit is fucking dumb. Studies have shown that tipping always results in poorer service.
>>
>>66009572
>20% tip required on parties of 6 or more
>>
>>66009710
>cheap fucks
>implying the employer isn't cheap for paying workers such a shit wage, tipping is corporate welfare
>>
>>66010343
I do too. I'm not a dick. If I get good service, they get a good tip. If I get shitty service, they're lucky to get a dime.
>>
>>66010375
Says who?
>>
>>66009999
You want a new job? Too bad, it's been given to an immigrant because he works for half as much as you do.
>>
>>66010177
>need to pay extra for someone to do their job right

When tipping has stopped being something you give because you wish to applaud and commend excellent service and has become something you do to ensure you receive basic service and no spit in your burger it really does need to be evaluated.

I'm not against tipping, I've done it before when I felt the service was exemplary but the culture around American tipping is stupid.

Still love your country xoxoxoxo
>>
>>66008990
I don't defend it. If I go to a place that expects tips, I go with someone stupid enough to do it so I won't have to.
>>
>>66010561
Says the receipt when they automatically charge you
>>
>>66010608
so work as half as much as the immigrant you already have the home advantage
>>
>>66008990
Tipping is a win-win-win for a service like restaurants.
- Owners/managers benefit by keeping wages low which translates to higher staff positions and cheaper costs.
- Customer's benefit as this means lower prices and more and better service.
- Serving staff benefit by being able to get a nigh immediate indicator of competence while having the opportunity to more than the usual wage for a similar position in a non-tipping industry.
>>
>>66010648
I refuse to eat anywhere they make the tip for me.
>>
>>66009710
This is silly

>receive $10 bill
>pay $10
>don't give away free money in the form of tips
>HURRR WHAT ARE YOU CHEAP ANON? YOUR BROKE ASS CANT AFFORD TO THROW AWAY MONEY???

Why? I'm quite liberal with my money, my hand and my wallet are well acquainted but even i think it's silly to just give money away for no reason
>>
>>66010533
>lucky to get a dime

This is what I don't understand. Why still tip even with shitty service? Is it more a fuck you type of thing where you give them a penny? Maybe not you but plenty Americans I've met feel obligated to tip even with shitty service
>>
File: 064.jpg (20 KB, 293x376) Image search: [Google]
064.jpg
20 KB, 293x376
>>66010190

Ain't shit to me to leave 2 bucks to a girl 10 years younger than me serving me my dinner.
>>
>>66010714
>lower prices

But then we make up for it in tipping don't we? What the owner saves in not paying his workers he passes onto you with your bill but then you pay this lower bill in addition to your tip to make up the wage of the staff who he is now paying less. He's shifted the duty of paying his staff from himself to you
>>
>>66008990
I apologize for coming from a culture that, at least on the surface, recognizes hard work as worthy of compensation.
>>
>>66011161
>eating for $10
What did you have, a salad?
>>
>>66011205
>But then we make up for it in tipping don't we?
Only if you partake of the service/dine in. And when you do the service will likely be better as the server is incentivized to provide good service.

>He's shifted the duty of paying his staff from himself to you
Yes, and?
>>
>>66008990
its incentive to treat the person well. if your waiter is good you give them a good tip. if they are shit they dont get shit. it ensures better service m8
>>
>>66008990
i honestly don't know i just do it so i don't look like a nigger
>>
>>66008990
Because the minimum wage is lower, and so they actually provide a good service in order to get tips. Unlike here where workers act like entitled cunts and treat customers like shit.

So many Americans here don't tip? You're all Jews.
>>
>>66008990
Because if you didn't realize it but, most people that work as a waiter are mentally in the realm of a child. If you plan on going back to the place, said children will spit in your food. Or put your picture on Tumblr and write a slur on the receipt so they can get free money from other children that feel sorry for them.
>>
File: 078.jpg (27 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
078.jpg
27 KB, 600x450
>>66011420

A burger and fries and coke at Applebees is about 10 or under. Take my girl with me we get the 2 for 20 plates of other choices.
2-3 dollars on my card for that night isn't anything plus my girl doesn't always like to go out and eat when she cooks daily.

Things that never happened.
>>
>>66010968
I think it's even more insulting/telling when they get an extremely low tip vs no tip. It means you put some thought into it while still playing by the rules.

Only niggers, Puerto Ricans, and Europoors don't tip.
>>
>>66009583
It's niggerish to not tip. It gives the consumer power over how much he thinks the customer service is worth. But let's just jack up minimum wage to $15 so restaurants have an excuse to charge $20 for a burger. Waitress would have no motivation to be quick, knowledgeable, and friendly.
>>
>>66010190
Wow, Jews are cheap asses. It's cucked to give a poor person a couple shekels?
>>
>>66010714
>- Customer's benefit as this means lower prices and more and better service

except it doesn't
>>
>>66008990
I won't. Last time I decided to eat out with an old college buddy of mine, we discovered that we both hate tipping and didn't tip a dime.

Felt good, and the wings tasted that much better.
>>
I like tipping.
>>
>>66012799
Except it does. Australian restaurants are shit. Bad service, bad food, high prices.
>>
>>66012799
>except it doesn't
Please explain how you come to this conclusion.
>>
>>66013343
Happy workers are good workers.

And workers aint happy when they aren't paid fuck all and have to beg at the tables
>>
>>66009159
Tipping people is not normal. It's sick and degenerate to sneak them some money because they work for no wages. It's absolutely perverted
>>
>>66008990
have you ever heard the phrase "black people don't tip?" you guys aren't a bunch of niggers, are you?

listen, if you can't afford to eat out, don't fucking eat out, you poor dumb niggers. have any of you ever spent time working around food (waiter/delivery guy)? i don't think so, because if you did, the experience would teach you that if you can not afford to tip, don't fucking eat out or order delivery you slob. i tip $5 at least every time i order food or eat at a restaurant, but i also dont fucking eat out if i cant afford it. if you ever worked for tips you'd understand
>>
>>66013690
>And workers aint happy when they aren't paid fuck all and have to beg at the tables
Let me get this straight. People who make more money than minimum wage due to tipping "ain't happy?"
>>
>>66014541
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=does+tipping+improve+service

take your pick
>>
>>66010633
This. People argue tipping as a way to reward good service, but when it's 'expected', it loses all meaning and just becomes a bribe to not get shitty service.
>>
>>66010633
The thing is ive been europe and the service is terrible in most places. The US has good service bc of tipping. The only place ive been that has better service than the us is Japan. They dont take tips but if they do there job badly they must commit seppuku so the stakes are different that US/Europe. Even in latin american countries where tipping is more engrained than the US the service is better than in the european countries I have been. Worst service in EU France followed by Germany. Best Service Japan. Barring Japan the countries which have a tipping culture have better service.
>>
Tipping is a stupid custom instituted in an effort to subsidize labor costs. That being said, I do tip. It's not the kid's fault.
>>
I either pay 15% (or 10% or 18% or 20% or whatever is standard where you're from) more for my food and the waiter just gets paid hourly or I get to decide how much to tip once the meal is over. Either way I'm paying the same thing. But in a tipping system if the service is especially bad I get to keep my money and give the waiter incentive to be a better server.
>>
File: 1397600652606.jpg (102 KB, 449x436) Image search: [Google]
1397600652606.jpg
102 KB, 449x436
>>66008990
I won't.
>>
>>66008990
>be filipino
>tipping is vouluntary
>waiters and waitresses, give great service and do not expect you to tip.

Professionalism.
>>
>>66008990
I work minimum wage as a waiter and even I don't agree with people being expected to tip. It brightens up your day sure but it's their choice. What I really hate is everyone pooling the tips and then splitting them evenly. Fucking commies, it's one less motivator to excel at your job idgaf if I didn't get tips that day, I don't deserve them if they weren't specifically for me.
Though that being said most people tips girls just for being pretty so that's unfair too.
>>
>>66015275
Flips are pretty based, shame the girls are flat.
>>
>>66010648
Hope they like being sued for theft
>>
>>66015030
Why is the service bad? You ask for something we'll get it for you. I don't need to kiss your feet when you walk in you're just some guy not Muhammad. I'll smile and be polite and get your food as fast as possible, how is this different from America?
>>
every month my family places a $60-$80 pizza delivery order: 2 pies, ravioli in meat sauce, sausage and pepper calzones, zeppolis, grinders, soup, garlic knots, sodas, beef patties etc.
Deliver driver always gets a good tip from us. He always gets here quickly and with our food still hot and nothing missing from our order.
>>
>>66009159
What makes a waiter better than a guy at Subway? At least the guy at subway is making your fucking sandwich. The waiter is just bringing shit to you.
>>
>>66014650
You are trying to shift the burden of proof? It is not my job to look for evidence to support your claim. That's your obligation.
>>
>>66015817
When they say bad service they mean rude or dismissive staff.
>>
>>66016031
Fair enough. I don't experience this a lot though. Maybe Americans are douches and the staff don't like you, it's highly likely
>>
>>66015841
I have no obligation to do anything

Welcome to 4chan you cunt

You're wrong and I'm right.
>>
>>66008990
I don't. It's stupid.
>>
>>66016295
>I have no obligation to do anything
Assertions made without evidence may be justifiably dismissed without evidence.

>You're wrong and I'm right.
What a great argument you've presented. Great but invalid.

Now I expect you to respond with some personal insult or similar shitpost.
>>
>go to restaurant with friends
>place is pretty busy, but we get seated right away
>hi I'm your waiter for tonight, etc
>never see her again until the end
>three different people took care of bringing us food and drinks
>hi, so what are you tipping tonight?
>look of disgust and scorn when I refuse to tip

At least work for your tip, you don't get my hard earned money if you don't earn it yourself.
>>
Without tips, what would the incentive be to work as a waiter? Compare it to other minimum wage jobs.

A majority of your work is weekends/nights, that's already not fun to begin with. Next, you deal with almost every holiday. You work long shifts on Valentine's, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve etc. a majority of businesses aren't even open those days, and if they are(wal-Mart) it's slow enough to where only those who actually want to work the most days, come in.

If we removed tipping, you would see many openings for server positions that no one would fill.
>>
>>66016656
your entire post can be boiled down to
>what would the incentive be to work
Which is the fact that you still get paid.
>>
>>66015817
Good service in regular restaurant imo
>Walk in
>Greetings, Welcome to restaurant, Right this way
> is this seating arrangement acceptable?
>sit down
>menu, what would you like to drink
>bring drinks 3-5min
> are you ready to order?
> take order
>bring food depending on how busy/type of food
>5-10min into entree is everything fine?
>bring check when it is obvious meal is done

All while being friendly, patient, and helpful.

There are times France where you walk in and the servers treat you with such contempt. They look visibly irritated that you had the gall to visit their restaurant or store. They are slow to bring out food. Chat amongst themselves while your food is waiting to be served. This type of attitude is even worse in old commie countries.
>>
>>66016295
>Because we're on 4chan I can make outlandish claims and call you out for not instantly believing them
End yourself
>>
>>66017101
That's fucking awful service lad. Only ever had service that bad once. French are pompous assholes anyway and the Germans are cold emotionless workerbess. Though desu when I'm in a restaurant I personally don't like the staff checking up on me. I don't like being interrupted, just be in the general area and I'll get your attention if I need something. Though that's just me.
>>
>ohgodthisthreadagain.jpg

To
Insure
Prompt
Service

TIPS were actually supposed to be done before the service.

>foodwoolf.com/2010/08/history-of-tipping.html

BTW, fuck that thieving Quentin Tarantino too you cheap, tightwad, instruments-of-the-Jews.
>>
>>66014650
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=does+tipping+improve+service
Actually, if you took the time to read any of those, you would have found out that they proved the opposite of the click bait title.
>>
File: i dont tip.png (112 KB, 413x211) Image search: [Google]
i dont tip.png
112 KB, 413x211
>>66016482
>>66015064
>>66013758
>>66012818
>>
It's genius.
It confuses idiots into not realizing that they're paying for most of the waiter's wages and the ones that realize it aren't brave enough to stand up and do something about it.
>>
>>66008990
Only niggers and jews dont tip
>>
Tipping is essentially pan handling.
>>
>>66018469
It's brave to not give a woman a couple of bucks for bringing you drinks all night?
Nigger detected.
>>
I only tip if I'm a regular and know I'll get a better treatment.

or if the service was godlike, which is not very usual
>>
When I was in the states I tipped to be polite but I felt bad about reinforcing their shitty system.

Everywhere else in the world, tipping is a rare bonus. Wait staff here get tipped occasionally, but by law they're not allowed to pocket it, it all goes into a fund that is shared around all the staff or used to throw a party. I'm a cheap student cunt but I tip sometimes if I know my group has been a real nuisance or the staff have gone above and beyond anything I could have expected from them.
>>
promotes better service, fuck you
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.