[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
herro /pol/ I needs expert logic advise what is it called when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 1444593338031.gif (2 MB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1444593338031.gif
2 MB, 600x600
herro /pol/

I needs expert logic advise

what is it called when a christian or mudslime tells you that you have to read the entire bible/queeren in order to understands one vers?

many thanklfilness
>>
>>65989186
"TL;DR fallacy"
>>
It's called equivocation.
>>
it's called context.
>>
>>65989186
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
Its called getting btfo.

Seriously if you cant fight your own battles over facebook then fuck off and be spoonfed elswhere
>>
>>65989186
>queeren
the quran talks about specific groups of people at times, so to know that, and who they are, you either need to read the whole thing or need some context
>>
>>65989335
>Implying most /pol/acks are over 18
>>
>>65989280
that doe no sound rite

>>65989293
also not the name of a lojic fallacy

>>65989335
not and argumen

>>65989347
you make my sole hurts, such mean

>>65989419
ok, but not a the name of the fallacy I was look for
>>
>>65989347
>Its called getting btfo.
American posts, always best posts.
>>
noone knows name of fallacy?

no logic exports?
>>
>>65990064
to clarify question

someone mis interprets a verse

to then understand the verse one must understand the context

and you want to know what this type of mistake is called?
>>
also is the mistake being made by an non believer or a believer?
>>
>>65990304
>>65990393
not this

when I state a verse is having a meaining(or possble mean), and they say YOU MUSTS READ OF ENTIRE THING BEFORE CAN TELL WAHTY IS MAEN

could do with dictionree, you must of read full dictionree before can of meaning find for one word

>>65990393
not relvant
>>
sounds like some sort of circular reasoning
>>
>>65989674
reading something without context is a logical fallacy
>>
>>65989186

I don't know what it's called, but it's not necessarily incorrect.

There are several verses which make no sense without understanding it in the context of christianity as a whole.

Which verse are you having a problem with?
>>
>>65991021
no

>>65991171
but demanding to read every book in world to understand one sentence of book, must be of logic fallacy?

>>65991215
err, think was one about fite spiritul farces
>>
>>65991788

Take someone who has never seen the movie "Godfather 2", and show them the last 30 seconds...

.... michael, sitting alone on chair in the woods.

Now ask someone to explain why it is significant.

Context is everything.
>>
>>65991788
>but demanding to read every book in world to understand one sentence of book, must be of logic fallacy?
yeah
>>
File: sacredheartjesus.jpg (46 KB, 340x450) Image search: [Google]
sacredheartjesus.jpg
46 KB, 340x450
You don't need to read the whole thing, you just have to understand the meaning or purpose of the verse. For example, Exodus 20:8-11 talks about observing the Sabbath. For a long time the people didn't understand the purpose of the Sabbath and thought that the punishment for not observing it should be death. Jesus clarified that “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath” in Mark 2:27. The bible is full of stuff like this, where you have to understand the purpose of the verse. To fully understand it is not easy, and would take many years of study. That's why you should ask your local minister, pastor, or priest if you have questions about the bible.
>>
>>65992012
agreed, can ask context, but what is asking for to much context? demanding read entire work of shaksper to know what is mean "the"?

>>65992090
so what is name?
>>
>>65992187

Or, how everyone freaks out in John 10:34 because they don't realize he's quoting Psalm 82
>>
>>65992187
yes but am been told must know all of thing to know some of thing

is this fallacy hav name?
>>
>>65992428

I think the reason he's asking for this is because people will often pull a single verse out of the bible, and then draw lots of incorrect conclusions from it, simply because they don't understand how it relates to everything else.
>>
>>65992576

But is it a fallacy?
>>
>>65989186
It's called "horseshit"
>>
polysyllogism
>>
>>65992700
not aksing why asked, wanting to no what name ios of fallcy. to demand of all knowledge to no of any small axion

>>65992771
yes, clearly can no pythongarous without no all math
>>
>>65992941
had to luck up, is not
>>
You think you're so funny bullying my little ten year old brother? He's screaming and shaking since he has autism. We spend most of our money on his medication and you do this to him? Fuck you, asshole.
>>
>>65993253
>yes, clearly can no pythongarous without no all math

That's apples and oranges.

For example...

To understand the Pythagorean theorem, you must first understand what a triangle is, then you must understand what a right triangle is, then you must understand how to measure the length of the sides, then you must understand how to do squares and square roots.

In other words... if we treat the Pythagorean theorem as a system, it is a system made up of the components I listed above.

You position seems to be that the bible is not a system; that you can read individual passages or books without understanding how these passages and groups fit into the whole.

I disagree with this.

To understand it (to REALLY understand it), you must understand the whole before you can clearly understand the parts.
>>
>>65989186
It means they honestly believe that every word is correct. I have been told that i take both out of context (have read both)

It boils down to... DO you believe in the Sky Fairy Yahweh/God/Allah.

Muslims especially will say you are taking something out of context. Remind them when quoting verses that abrogation exists and that they are lying.

Its a lot of fun.
>>
>>65993942
but srely falasee to claim must read all books of english to read one sentance?
>>
>>65994355

You can't be this dense. You have to be bait.
>>
>>65995419
just want fallicing naem
>>
>>65996223
Reported for underage
>>
>>65996490
just tell falscene noom
>>
Wow shut the fuck up
>>
>>65997240
aquingfroosh
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.