[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ Analysis: Did Trump to good last night?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: super tuesday results.png (54 KB, 1248x493) Image search: [Google]
super tuesday results.png
54 KB, 1248x493
I seriously was under the impression that he was going to win all the states excluding texas. But then it turned out that Oklahoma and Alaska voted for Rato and Minnesota voted for Macro Roboto...

No one was predicting this would happen, yet it did. WTF???

So given what happened, the ultimate question remains, did Trump do good last night or not?
>>
bump?
>>
>>65989096
Yes, Trump did WELL last night
>>
Trump did well.

1. Trump won most states. All the media are now either "Trump wins big on Super Tuesday" or "Can the Republican Party stop Trump?". This'll give him more social proof, especially after the Duke/KKK thing.

2. Rubio wins Minnesota, mostly because of Democrats crossing over. This keeps Rubio in the game. At the same time, he didn't make the cutoff in Vermont, Alabama, or Texas, so he missed out on at least 40 delegates.

3. Cruz wins big in Texas, OK, and Alaska. This'll keep him in the game, but he has no hope going forward. Evangelical conservatism is unappealing to coast states and the rust belt. It really only works in the Great Plains and the South.

4. Trump is on track to the nomination, but Cruz and Rubio are behind, even with Cruz' huge Texas win. Trump needs everything he can get, since he needs to win the first convention vote outright.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/
>>
>>65989096
he increased his lead even further, narrowly lost alaska, and performed better than expected in most cruz strongholds

if i were cruz i'd be quite shaken up
>>
>>65990045
He also did good. No one else will try to make peace in Palestine \Israel or keep mudicans out of the promised land
>>
>>65990045
thanks grammar police
>>
>>65990068
>Trump needs everything he can get, since he needs to win the first convention vote outright.
The republicans are handed a charismatic candidate that can get a social backing like obama did in 2008, but they still want to push the dullards like rubio and cruz. I just don't get it.
>>
>>65989096
>No one was predicting this would happen
wtf are you talking about. we all knew this.
>>
>>65990713
I've been basically living on /pol/ for the past 2 weeks and there has been ZERO talk about Oklahoma and Minnesota and Alaska not being swept up by Trump
>>
>>65990622
Trump isn't bought and paid for like Rubio. Cruz uses dirty tricks to stay afloat, so he's disliked.

Trump also openly campaigns against the establishment policies of open borders, amnesty, and shitty trade deals that benefit the super rich at the expense of the poor and middle class. A Trump nomination would clarify the message that voters are tired of that shit.
>>
>>65989096
I followed the 2012 race as well, although not as closely, and it seems that the results were like this:
Trump = Romney
Cruz = Santorum
Rubio = Gingrich
Kaisch = Paul
>>
>>65990869
actually drumpf loaned 40million to his campaign but experts say he will just fund-raise it all back and not actually self fund anything

hes already accepted 7 million not counting big donors like koch and other extremists
>>
>>65990068
I hope you are right anon. I saw Cruz is only about 20 delegates behind Trump now so I'm scared. Alaska came out of nowhere, and so did Minnesota. I honestly thought Trump would win everything but Texas last night, so a loss of 4 states is a shock.
>>
File: Biden Laughing.gif (876 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Biden Laughing.gif
876 KB, 500x281
>>65990834
>>65990713
There was virtually no polling in some states. We had no idea what it looked like. It also seems like Rubio and Cruz used dirty tricks to discourage Trump voters, and to get Democrats to cross over (Mississippi '14 strategy).

I was a little disappointed, and the betting markets are down on Trump as well, but I still don't think he'll win. Trump is far enough ahead in the big states to win outright. The only question is Ohio. Can Kasich remain relevant and win Ohio? We'll see.
>>
>>65991108
proofs?
>>
>>65991108
>drumpf
>muh koch brothers

Go give Bernie another 27 dollars, redditard
>>
>>65991108
>Koch supporting trump
Gonna need source
>>
He did pretty good, a bit worse than I thought he would, though.

Cruz did better than I think anybody expected him to with 3 wins.

Rubio did awful.
>>
>>65991362
this is a little old but heres one example:
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a060868aa2944bd4a7798eaabb1553ae/trump-loaned-10-million-his-campaign-toward-end-2015

notice he is spending the money at his own businesses and also note that he LOANED the money to his campaign with paperwork detailing that he must be repaid by his PAC

trump is not self funded in any sense
>>
>>65991108
>hes already accepted 7 million
Jeb raised $150 million to drop out after three primaries. Ted Cruz has $100 million. Rubio has $70 milliion. Fuck, even Bernie has raised $140 million, almost entirely from small donors.

Donald Trump has raised $26 million. Almost all of it ($25 million) for his campaign, not PACs. Half of Cruz' and Rubio's donations went to PACs, which means it's huge donations from super rich donors.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/
>>
>>65991108
>drumpf
Consider suicide
>>
>>65991309
>Cruz is only about 20 delegates behind Trump now
That isn't true tho'
>>
From what I see posted on /pol/ Trump has practically already won, is this no the case?
>>
it's gonna take him a couple more weeks to make his lead insurmountable, he'll destroy in florida
>>
>>65990045
Yes, yes but did he have a strong enough win to keep his blowout status our was it only a strong right hook that left the RNC stunned?
>>
>>65990068
I was partially thinking the same on the evagilical boters. Aka the cancer of the Republican party. They want to purge all core values of the party but the relgious zealotry which is by far the biggest problem of the party. Most likely Jew plan because evangelicals are huge Jew cock gobblers.

Wait till we get more east coast states. Trump will eat them alive.
>>
>>65991760
you arent lying but you are running aay from the issue we are discussing

trump is not self funded he is recouping all expenses from donors
>>
>>65992235
There's still a small finite possibility of a comeback, so it's not a knockout.... But damn he's way ahead.
>>
>>65992929
>trump is not self funded he is recouping all expenses from donors
He's self funding to the extent he needs to. If it's free for him to run, it's free.

His policy on small donations is clear.

Nobody cares if he can win for free. They care that he isn't owned by big corporations.
>>
>>65989096
People knew Oklahoma was a toss up and that Minnesota might go to Ruboto. Alaska was a caucus which are notoriously hard to poll for and predict. You gotta get your political info from more than just /pol/, man.

Trump did great yesterday. Winning everything but Texas would've been a historical steamrolling, instead he did as well as (or better than) anyone's done on Super Tuesday.

Trump won just as big as Hillary, and no one doubts she'll be the Democrat nominee. One commentator put it this way: if Trump was anyone but Trump people would be talking about him as the presumptive nominee.
>>
>>65993342
She also doesn't have the democrat brass sabotaging her at every step of the way either.
>>
>>65991309

Your sources are incorrect. Trump has over 100 more delegates.
>>
>>65989096
Trump did well enough. Oklahoma is full of people from Texas so it's no surprise there. Also because of geography/tv markets he's very well known there, Alaska he lost by a few hundred votes where there aren't many people anyways, more symbolic than anything. Minnesota was a surprise, not sure wtf happened there. He did "expand" the political party and stop Rubio from making a virginia statement. He did just as well as Hillary. Except Hillary won't do so well in white rural states that dominate the second half of the primary season.
>>
>>65989096
He didn't really pull far ahead enough with the delegates as you would expect.
>>
>>65993342
>You gotta get your political info from more than just /pol/

I trust /pol/'s diverse judgement because I get all angles of a realist perspective. /pol/ is like a scatter plot graph and I do my part in finding the correlation.

Then again, there are crypto-shills on here..
>>
>>65989096
a lot of the states trump lost to besides texas he won one or like 4 less delegate. This is in comparison to the other candidates who lost big compared to trump in the other states that trump won in so yeah I think he did really good.
>>
>>65989096
>Oklahoma
Texas Jr
>>65989096
>Alaska
>Minnesota
"""""caucus"""""
>>
Trump should have won Oklahoma, not sure what the hell happened. There were several toss ups going into it so Trump did fine. But still thought he should have won OK and AK
>>
File: 1456895353055.jpg (199 KB, 654x490) Image search: [Google]
1456895353055.jpg
199 KB, 654x490
He won one more state than Romney since there was one more primary this time. Cruz won three states like Santorum did as the Christian conservative candidate, and Rubio won one, like Gingrich.

Trump also won South Carolina, which Romney did not, in addition to New Hampshire and Nevada, which Romney won, so Trump is poised to win the nomination and have it wrapped up in the next two weeks.
>>
>>65993630
I don't know what is correct, I just have this

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/03/01/upshot/super-tuesday-live-republican-delegate-estimates.html

Trump 244, Cruz 218
>>
>>65994618
That's just for Super Tuesday.

Total delegates is 332 Trump vs. 230 Cruz (from CNN).
>>
>>65994539
Why doesn't Trump win by 60-70% results like real candidates?

Confirmed meme candidate
>>
>>65994780
Cool, sounds much better then. Still too close than I'd like though.
>>
>>65994539
Trump = Romney (Businessman)
Cruz = Santorum (Christian)
Rubio = Gingrich (Sunbelt establishment)
Kasich = Paul (Quirky old man)

The politics don't all line up since Gingrich was more populist than Rubio is, and Kasich is clearly establishment whereas Paul was not, but the characters match up with the percentages that they're winning.

Trump is kind of like an exaggeration of Romney, though, when you think about it. Romney was a millionaire. Trump is a billionaire. Romney supported self deportation. Trump supports mass deportation. Romney opposed China's currency manipulation. Trump supports tariffs on Chinese goods. Romney flipped from liberal Republican to moderately conservative Republican. Trump flipped form Democrat to hardcore nationalist Republican.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.