[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
China Hoarding Baby Formula
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 5
File: MeNoRikeyChyneePowda.png (741 KB, 1079x1141) Image search: [Google]
MeNoRikeyChyneePowda.png
741 KB, 1079x1141
http://news.yahoo.com/chinas-buying-australias-supply-baby-formula-111544242.html

>Between last August and December, Australian health brand Blackmores, known for its superfood blends and vitamin packs, saw its revenue increase 66 percent, jumping from $206.7 million to $342 million. About half of Blackmores’ sales come from the gray market in China, according to a report published Feb. 25 by the investment research firm Morningstar.

>Last week, Blackmores employees were promised large bonuses from the uptick in profits.
In 2008, China’s horrendous baby formula scandal resulted in the death of several infants and the hospitalization of thousands more. The milk powder was contaminated with the chemical additive melamine, which caused kidney stones and kidney failure in the affected babies. Following the incident, China’s growing middle class started to raise its standards for baby product brands.

>Infant formula and other products in high demand—including vitamin supplements and honey, according to the Australian shipping company StarTrack—often come through unofficial online channels, such as the e-commerce website Alibaba, or purchasing middlemen known as daigou.

>Both means of buying can result in serious upcharges for Chinese consumers, but it doesn’t mean they won’t pay the price.

Back story to 2008 formula scandal:

>companies use Melamine (a chemical used in wood varnish) to trick protein tests into giving false positive results for nutrients

>babies die, tens of thousands of others are injured

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal

Ausfags, what the actual fuck are you doing allowing these savages to steal food from your babies?
>>
What kind of human being would knowingly put wood varnish in baby formula to trick a protein test?

Jesus christ do the Chinese have any morals whatsoever??
>>
>>65981812
Low empathy society.
>>
>>65981812
someone who wanted to make money
>>
>>65981812
>What kind of human being would knowingly put wood varnish in baby formula to trick a protein test?
capitalist?
>>
>>65981812

Chinese are not human.

Communism has stripped them of all morality, the only things that matter are making money and not getting caught.
>>
>>65981812
We should've let the Japanese rape the rest of their country.
The world would be better off with 1 billion less soulless chinks.
>>
>>65982071
>the only things that matter are making money and not getting caught.

>blames this on communism instead of capitalism

9/11 bait
>>
>>65982013
>Capitalist
>China
>>
>>65982124

Japan could have had China, we weren't poised to intervene until Pearl Harbor.

Then the murderous communists wouldn't have had the chance to backstab the Chinese nationalists after the war, forcing them to flee to Taiwan. China would have been much better off under Japanese imperial rule than under communism.
>>
>>65982013

Chinese aren't capitalists.

I really want to know why people would allow this to happen. It's going to hit a flash point soon and your own supplies are going to be in danger, the majority of which is going to be shipped overseas.

Ausfags explain this.
>>
>>65982231

The communism is what stripped them of their sense of morals, Bruce.

Have you ever been to China? Who am I kidding, you're practically a Chinese colony at this point, you should know what they're like.
>>
>>65982231
>capitalism only means making money meme
>2016

oy vey
>>
>baby formula
It's called breast milk, retards.
>>
>>65982270
The Chinese have a saying, it sounds a bit more profound in Chinese than English though
"It's not that all old people are evil, just that only evil people get old".
The cultural revolution in China basically created an incredibly toxic, dog eat dog culture. People would literally inform on their own family to get ahead. The older generations of Chinese who actually lived through it are basically monsters.
>>
>>65982270
>Chinese aren't capitalists.

top kek. like fuck they aren't. You're stupid enough to believe they're communists because that's what THEY tell you?
>>
File: aboriginalvsslav.jpg (12 KB, 288x240) Image search: [Google]
aboriginalvsslav.jpg
12 KB, 288x240
>>65981812
>>65981911
>>65982013
>>65982071

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal

"A number of criminal prosecutions were conducted by the Chinese government. Two people were executed, one given a suspended death penalty, three people receiving life imprisonment, two receiving 15-year jail terms, and seven local government officials, as well as the Director of the Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ), being fired or forced to resign."
>>
>>65982265
It's truly a fucking shame that our neglect led to the China that exists today. Despite the fact that we were also at war with Japan, we did next to nothing to help them on their front.

A Japanese colony is better than the alternative, but i'd prefer a China run by the true government.
>>
>>65981812
The sort of human being that lives in a society where mothers would rather give their babies thin, disgusting milk formula than give them warm, nourishing breast milk from their tit.
>>
>>65982270

The interesting thing about China is once something there becomes popular, for no other reason than because it is popular, fucking EVERYBODY has to have that thing, and not just one.

Like those purple lavender bears, the company put a limit on how many could be purchased if the buyer was in China.

Then there were Chinese knock offs of the bear, made with sub-par materials to capitalize on the trend, and there were stories of these bears being infested with bugs since they were filled with wheat seeds sprayed with lavender oil. Bugs got mixed in with the seeds.
>>
>>65981812
>Jesus christ do the Chinese have any morals whatsoever??

No, no they don't.
>>
>>65982417

Not every woman is capable of lactating enough to feed their children. Survival of the fittest i suppose if you look at it through the eyes of evolution.

If you research it more the Chinese are price gouging on eBay selling single cans for hundreds of dollars. Australia should raise the price of their goods if they're going to take food out of the mouths of their babies.
>>
the chinese are scum
>>
All the retards in this thread. When the baby formula scandal first broke years ago, a lot of Chinese businessmen got shot by the Chinese government for it.
>>
>>65982498

The Peoples Republic of China isn't democratic, nor is it Capitalistic.
>>
>>65982501
THEY EXECUTED THE CULPRITS. CHINA DOESN'T TOLERATE THIS KIND OF SHIT. YOU GUYS SOUND LIKE LIBERALS.
>>
>>65982501

Yeah, the party likes to make examples of people like this, it appeases the masses and reduces the likelihood of revolution.

Keep in mind they spend more money on domestic security against their own people than they do on their military.
>>
>>65982799

The threat of execution doesn't deter the Chinese. If they're doing something fucky, and they don't get caught, well then they're just really smart.
>>
>>65982742

So?

I'm talking about Chinese nature.

I lived there for 4 years.

Yeah there are some really hospitable decent people there, but most of them are selfish automatons.

This anon said it well.

>>65982482
>>
>>65981812
chinks are the jews of the Asian world, they do literally anything to cut costs.

http://blog.asiantown.net/-/1756/bridge-made-of-rubbish-collapses-in-shanghai--china
>>
>>65981812
Sounds like a libertarian utopia to me.
>>
>>65982917

Production of counterfeit goods is also illegal in China, that's not stopping the flood of counterfeit EVERYTHING from flooding markets across the planet.
>>
Nearly every store selling baby formula has now put on a voluntary maximum of 2-3 tins per customer since the government considered putting on emergency export controls on formula at the end of last year
>>
>>65981812
No, they are pure capitalist, not the watered down type we pretend to in America where everyone's afraid of regulations and government entities (I mean in China you will be executed for something like this, but they tend not to catch most culprits it seems). They have a society where the people close to you, especially your family, is God-tier to you, and everyone else is nothing. Contrast that with America, where the average person feels some obligation to a homeless person, or to refugees, or those less fortunate, where charity is a commonplace thing. From what I've seen of the Chinese, they'd consider giving money away to outside of the family sacrilege. So in short, they do what's good for them and theirs, and fuck everyone else and their baby.
>>
>>65982546

>but i'd prefer a China run by the true government.

Yeah, so would a lot of people, this is why the PRC is so asshurt about Taiwan all the time.
>>
>>65981585
>Chingchong FINALLY gets a male chingling after killing the previous 10 newborn females
>he dies from contaminated milk
No wonder they're going all out
>>
>>65983252
>They have a society where the people close to you, especially your family, is God-tier to you, and everyone else is nothing. Contrast that with America

This is the one thing about the Chinese that I am jealous of.

Being an American with a big family that's spread out all over the country that never communicates or gets together really sucks. I've tried, but it's a two way street.
>>
>>65983184

Damn. That's incredibly restrictive. Instead of restrictions on your people your government should stem the flow of goods leaving your country, or at least charge exorbitant tariffs and taxes on outgoing goods to recoup the loss and utilize the surplus money to make more factories and farms for milk.
>>
Even if Chinese state had majority in some of the companies involved, they were working for profit. Capitalism is what created the incentive.
>>
>>65983505

There was someone on here, some Brucefag, that was talking about how he ran a supermarket and would get pallets of formula for some Chinese couple he had befriended, and they were paying him under the table for his help in sending the shit back to China, where they would sell it at marked up prices to other Chinese.
>>
>>65982498
>property rights exist in China
>contract enforcement exists in China
>tort law is worth more than piss in China
No, they arent you fucking kangaroo

And the jury is still out whether or not the Chinese could operate a moral society even in theory
>>
>>65982231
>the culture succeeding the previous culture is completely new and absent any effects of the previous culture

>Hurr Somalia is anarchy/libertarian
>>
>>65983677

Capitalism is only as good as the culture that utilizes it. China has a very back stabby culture thanks to years of communism, of course capitalism after communism is going to be extremely laissez faire.

Same thing happened in Russia.

Chinese capitalists != western capitalists.
>>
>>65983928
>>property rights exist in China
Hah. The government regularly confiscates land with no forewarning and no recourse.
>contract enforcement
Only enforced if you bribe the right people
>tort law
Not worth piss.
>>
>>65984048
>China has laissez Faire
>of course capitalism after communism is laissez Faire
This post gave me blood cancer
>>
>>65981812
No.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fJRSb8QdGg
>>
>>65984290

I'm assuming you've never been to China before.

You can only learn so much about a place through reading.
>>
>>65984184
>he doesn't understand meme arrows
My assertion was that they don't have those things abbo

Do they teach context and reading comprehension there, or is every class about surviving the wildlife and each other?
>>
>>65982753
You are mixing political system with economic one, they are actually more capitalist than America right now as China is nearly devoid of social safety net.
>>
>>65984426
>laissez Faire capitalism means having the government collude with business and ignore everyone else
Hue, "hands off" doesn't mean rampant corruption sillygoose
>>
File: 1447447749366.webm (3 MB, 482x434) Image search: [Google]
1447447749366.webm
3 MB, 482x434
>>65981812
Morals are very closely tied to the value of life. China is so extremely overpopulated and child negligence is so normal that life within the urban areas is worth dirt. When someone commits suicide by jumping off a building they just walk around the corpse no one cares. If some dude beats up a child in the middle of the street no one cares. If some elevator collapses and kills everyone in it you see people taking the elevator up next to it without a second glance. The pavement collapses into a huge hole? Just casually walk around it while some people got sucked down into the pit.
>>
>>65984656
>more capitalist than america
>in Brazil capitalist means merely the amount of law you don't have
Why don't you newfags lurk more before posting? The amount of garbage in this thread is ridiculous
>>
>>65982546
>but i'd prefer a China run by the true government.
Lemme guess, it should be subservient to you?
>>
>>65984666

It is very hands off though, the people don't interfere on a stranger's behalf. Everyone is left to their own devices.

Hands off, when it comes to these immoral heathens, leads to corruption.

>i got away with cutting this corner off, no one noticed, lets try to cut this other corner off and see if i can get away with it

They'll keep going until whatever they're doing is no longer profitable or until they get caught fucking somebody over.
>>
>complaining about money getting pumped into your economy

The baby food factory will push out more product with those profits. Real estate on the other hand is fucked by the chinks.
>>
>>65982391
what does it mean then

capitalism's goal is the accumulation of capital, i'm not saying that's a bad thing. It's just what it is
>>
>>65984955
>Lemme guess, it should be subservient to you?

>you

Who do you mean? The US government?

You stupid mongolian, you should know by now that he US government is a rogue entity.
>>
>>65982270
>your own supplies are going to be in danger,

we have lots of cows, no need to worry
>>
>>65984742
holy fuck is that kid made of metal?!
>>
>>65985173

You don't have enough to sustain their current buying trends. China JUST repealed their "one child only" law...so you're going to have millions of new mouths to feed next year.
>>
>>65981812

China is one of the few majority atheist countries in the world of course they have no decency or empathy
>>
>>65985047
It's not hands off, both directly and indirectly

It's not hands off because the government funds certain business, and actively works against others

It's indirectly not hands off, because they have a rule of law that they don't apply disproportionately in favor of businesses. They pick the winners and losers, the losers often being the consumers

>everyone is left to their own devices
Complete mischaracterization of the situation
>>
>>65984656

Politics and business go hand in hand.
>>
>>65984955
I couldn't give a fuck as to who they answer to on the world stage.
Communism and Mao's "reforms" killed Chinese culture for good. Now they're hollow, and in 20 years or so they will have completely adapted to western culture just as the S. Koreans already have.

The loss of all of thousands of years of history and tradition, monuments and important historical sites defaced, all in the name of some ideal.. That makes me more sick than anything else in this world, really.
>>
>>65981585
Great. More money for Australian companies . I hope more of the Chinese middleclass buy more Australian products
>>
>>65985093
>is the accumulation of capital
No, it's a recognition that mutual exchange yields inherent value. Accumulation of capital often follows but isn't necessary
>>
This is old news, That's why we hate mainlanders with a burning passion, they kill their own babies for money. We had to fight the government, forming groups to chase off formula hoarders, got called racist and fascists by fucking commies, before the HK government put a limit on how much formula they can buy. FUCK THE NON-HUMAN MAINLANDERS LOCUSTS.
>>
>>65985864
Fuck off Hong Kong elitist colonial dog and traitor
CHINA NUMBAHH 1
>>
>>65985864
>NON-HUMAN MAINLANDERS

Lel, their culture is fucked but you share the same blood m8
>>
>>65985864
Chinese are always seen hording the formula here and they send it back home to family or for profit. Finding formula is often very difficult for this reason. I know a chinese who is constantly contacted by family and friends to send them formula.
>>
>>65981585
They doing this in Oz, now? They've been at it here for at least a year. I honestly don't understand why we aren't selling to them directly. That shit is like crack to the Chinese.

The West can stand to win big from this. We should jump in on this market. The Chinese basically worship Western products, while we buy all their cheap crap. Between the West and East, we have a very nice thing going. And with our products, we sell our culture. The Chinese become more Western, and through contact we become more Eastern.

Sort of like how they said multiculturalism would be, but wasn't, because the people we're trying it with are not on our level.
>>
>>65985374
just read that too, unfortunately these scenarios can also be created by the Australian supermarket duopoly themselves in order to keep prices high in Australia
>>
>>65985864
>got called racist and fascists by fucking commies

They're just literally the fucking same anywhere, aren't they? Who the fuck would you even be racist against? Or are commies retarded enough to believe genetic change occurs over 70 years of isolation?
>>
>>65981585
"Baby formula" is poison. Giving it to an infant is child abuse.
>>
>>65981812
Unless you've lived in China you can't understand how communism destroys morality. Look at leftists in the US and EU. Promoting degeneracy and narcissism erodes morality to the point where everyone says fuck the world a $ for me is worth murdering babies.
>>
>>65986304
Don't remind me of that.

>>65986820
We've been called red army too. kek
>>
>>65986673

I just don't see how you're going to be able to keep up with the demand without putting your own at a severe disadvantage. China has the largest growing middle class in the world, fuck...France sends more fine wine and liquors to China than any other country on the planet.

Without exorbitant tariffs and taxes on outgoing goods I don't see how you're going to find funding for commercial/industrial dairies to create the milk powder that goes into infant formula.
>>
>>65983505
I think it's more of a quick and easy temporary thing while we bring more production online and start moving more milk into formula for export and away from other V.A.G like cheese and milk powder
>>
>>65986900

It's just fortified bovine milk powder. I suppose the "poison" factor would come in with having to use tap water or bottled water to mix it with.
>>
>>65981585
>contaminating baby formula to trick protein tests
Fucking hell. This is a long shot but i genuinely think the Chinks are worse than Jews at this point
>>
>>65987314

Thanks to the TTIP you could import it on the cheap from us and repackage it to be sold to them. Country of origin doesn't need to be branded on products coming from Nations associated with that trade agreement. We could both make money I suppose.
>>
File: pepefed.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
pepefed.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>65987151
>communism destroys morality
>fuck the world a $
>>
>>65984742

>after one minute and the child is dead, a man gains the courage to push him after he begins to walk way

Christ, I can feel my blood boiling just from watching this. Everyone is a tough guy on the internet but I am convinced that I would take a prison sentence to end this guy's life.
>>
>>65981585

Didnt ya mum let you suck on her tits when you were an infant?
>>
>>65987275
its a by product of milk production, more dairies will just buy the evaporative equipment if required.
>>
>>65987314
>>65987573
You guys don't understand, they have official imported formula in China, but they distrust their people/shops so much, they have to go the extra miles to buy locally from HK/NZ/AUS/Netherlands.
>>
>>65987890

Using what cows? You'd have to start importing them from other places to keep up with that demand. I think it's am easier and more profitable idea to import milk powder from us and impose markups to them. Win win all around.
>>
>>65981585
Its not only China buying it, its scalpers selling to China.
>>
>>65988023

Your people are known to counterfeit literally anything with the capacity to make profit...
>>
>>65987766

Also, this. What kind of world are we living in where women won't even breastfeed their children?
>>
>>65987192
Hopefully you guys can have an independent HK/TW alliance and do well for yourselves (and get the fuck out of my country).
>>
>>65985093
capitalism means jesus is coming back to throw all you sinners into the lake of fire
>>
>>65986515
We are selling them but we also have to sell to our own people, nutrilon has built or is building a new factory though to up the production for this reason.
>>
>>65988209
I wish.

Sorry for HKers fucking up your real estate markets.
>>
>>65988023
The companies being grey imported from AUS are trying to find ways to go through official channels or at least set-up there own grey business using ali baba etc.. If they can't they'll just release the extra capacity to the domestic market to prevent the shortages we have seen in the past and continue to allow individuals to grey import to China.
>>
>I'm so mad at these people for buying my product!
>Boo hoo I sold all my milk powder to a gook, woe is me

What the fuck is wrong with idiotic Australians
>>
>>65988656
It's not just the real estate market m8, the city of Richmond is now majority Chinese/HK. Large areas are de facto no-go zones where Canadians are lucky to even be served at a business, let alone find a job or house.
>>
>>65988058
It's almost like you don't know that milk is one of the most overproduced commodities.
>>
Simple explanation:

Chinese mothers do not trust Chinese products.
>>
>>65981585
I was working in a large supermarket for a couple of months and we had quite a lot of Chinese tourists (lots of outlet centers in my town). We had orders not to sell more than 4 packages of baby formula to any individual person, because apparently baby formula is like fucking crack to the Chinese. Over several months I had to explain this easily a dozen times, and always keep the remaining baby formulas at my counter. If there was a group, they always tried to split their 10 or 15 boxes between them, so they could get a way with 4 or less per person. If it was more than 6 or 8 total, I had to keep the remaining ones, however.
>>
>>65989088
What? They don't even serve you at a business? Fuck them.
>>
>>65981812

Moral-less people make for great sex vacations. They will literally whore out their daughters and wives. Everyone is for sale if the price is right.
>>
>>65989147

It's obviously an issue if Chinese cows are producing nutrient rich milk to make formula with.
>>
>>65989705
Asian immigrants over here only want to deal with other asians.
>>
>>65981585
some background:
chinese are really big on memes when they have kids. Probably because of the 1 child policies.

Chinese women cut their hair short, because they think that long hair uses too much nutrients and energy (while it is dead tissue in reality).
When a kid is born at an unfavourable day in their horoscope, they adapt the names acordingly.
And milk powder is just another meme (not saying it is bad or good).
>>
>>65981812

>chinks
>human

pick only one
>>
>>65983119

underrated
>>
>>65981585
>>companies use Melamine (a chemical used in wood varnish) to trick protein tests into giving false positive results for nutrients
This specific ingredient was used to effectively give the milk drink its nitrogen however melamine will readily chemically shift into ammonia spontaneously which is why its so fucking poisonous
>>
>>65983094
It's not just bridges. China has a lot of shit that explodes too. Chairs, Manhole covers, even their own fucking coins blow up.
>>
File: enough.jpg (104 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
104 KB, 803x688
>getting ass raped by china every day
>go online
>all chinks are the same
>>
>>65981812
A true Capitalist.
>>
my babies will be breast fed cause I'm not a retard
>>
>>65981812
Nitrates are a nutrient that you need, this melamine does actually give that but it spontaneously shifts into ammonia which is extremely poisonous.

Chinese corporations have no ethics and often do this shit because its cheaper
>>
>>65981812
>>65982270
Also the corporate leaders were executed
>>
>>65990981
>Also the corporate leaders were executed

That is the fucked up thing about China...
The Party leaves you alone unless you do something to disturb the peace, then they come in an start executing people
>>
>>65991511

I don't see a problem with that. Those people devalued life by intentionally poisoning people. They deserved to die.
>>
>>65991511
The people who engineered literal poison for human consumption were executed because they didn't care enough to make a good, safe product.
>>
>>65990981
They just do that just to give the appearance of something done. The local officials were probably getting kickbacks from them anyway.
>>
>>65993242
>hey just do that just to give the appearance of something done

That is the problem, the Party does not actually care about solving the problem only that people THINK they have done something. When something goes wrong, they go in and execute a person or two INSTEAD of actually fixing the problem.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.