[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monsanto (huge chemical company)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: monsantoisPISON.jpg (238 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
monsantoisPISON.jpg
238 KB, 1024x768
Monsanto is a chemical company that was started in the year 1901. They created DDT and Agent Orange. Many people aren’t even aware of their existence and that needs to change ASAP. They’re absolutely huge and own a majority of all agricultural production WORLDWIDE (India currently having many legal issues with them). (See link-http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/make-monsanto-pay-for-swindling-farmers-in-india). I’m sure many of you have heard of GMO… guess who made those? MONSANTO. They are the ones who directly poison our food and encourage the use of chemicals in/on our food.
More than just health effects, (see link by New York Times about lawsuits against them) [http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/01/business/monsanto-could-benefit-from-a-chemical-safety-bill.html] this company bullies and threatens farmers into producing their GMO crops. It’s important to note that GMO crop are to be made on a mass production scale and require heavy and expensive machinery (in order to keep up production) that poor farmers- especially 3rd world farmers- cannot afford. Unlike normal, natural plants, GMO crops (seeds) do not come back every year and must be repurchased from Monsanto with money that farmers do not have! There was a mass suicide among farmers in India over a ten year span that started in 2005 simply because they, as poor, 3rd world farmers, could not meet Monsanto’s requirements and fell into financial ruin! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers'_suicides_in_India). The farmers that produce food don’t even have enough to eat themselves- this is so sad!
To make things worse, Monsanto has sued farmers and have won in court! Monsanto has patented (copyrighted) GMO seeds, making them illegal to use/ sell unless paid for. Many crops, such as corn, are wind pollinated and can easily contaminate a neighbouring farmer’s organic crop (via wind).
>>
When their crop tests positive for GMO and they don’t pay Monsanto- they sue the farmers and succeed in doing so! See how they can scare farmers?!
These crops, because of how large the sale is, must be maintained with the use of chemicals. (Chemicals synthesized by Monsanto as well). As stated before, Monsanto’s use of pesticides and fungicides contain chemicals that are very harmful to us and the environment. It’s odd how a chemical can kill all the plants (weeds) around the crop but not the actual crop itself. When it rains on these crops, its causes a toxic runoff that drains into bodies of water and pollutes them! Hence why it’s only recommended to eat fish once a week, as their mercury levels are so high (and for some reason we take that as fact and we’re all okay with it!)
The only financially reasonable way we can help is to spread the word and raise awareness of this company and what’s its doing to us and our planet. As a company that only cares about revenue, when people become aware, their sales will go down! When more people find out, Monsanto will only have two choices: either change their ways or go out of business.
I’m not debating whether GMO crop is good or bad. My focus is on the health effects of pesticides on us and the environment. And also, the hardships of famers (especially 3rd world). Here are some scholarly articles that are a better source than the blog (Blog is written by a doctor though).
www.researchgate.net/publication/7302066_Aquatic_Toxicity_Due_to_Residential_Use_of_Pyrethroid_Insecticides (click on PDF, is 8 pages).
http://pub.epsilon.slu.se/3364/
http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-0-585-36973-0_1#page-1
http://www.jstor.org/stable/1311994?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
http://www.toxicsaction.org/problems-and-solutions/pesticides
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2984095/
from OP
>>
>>65980260
Grow your own produce than, you laze maplenigger
>>
Thanks everyone for your time reading this and perhaps together we can discuss environmentally sustainable agriculture such as polyculture (see google lol)! I appreciate everyone’s feedback, negative or positive. A quick reminder that not everyone will agree (even some farmers), so remember to be patient and respectful of everyone’s opinion… as change does not happen overnight!
>>
File: Tibetan Sky Burial.gif (986 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
Tibetan Sky Burial.gif
986 KB, 500x328
>>65980349

Soon they will make a GMO version of everything, copyright/patent it, spread its pollens globally, and when they see that you are growing their strain, they will sue you and force you to pay or destroy your crop.

The future is coming
>>
>>65980803
Heirloom seeds are readily available.
>gmo bad
Gmo is.no different than the hybrid weed you are smoking.

Stop fear mongering
>>
DDT and agent orange are great.

bring them back.
>>
>>65980803
ew man, what's with the gif. youre disturbed. regardless, i hope monsanto does take "you are what you eat" too far. lol
>>
>>65980260
>>65980313
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>65980349
That's not the complete point he's making.
Monsanto has fucked the American legal system harder than it's ever been fucked before. Essentially, Monsanto created hundreds of lawsuits against many family run and independent crop farms because insects cross pollinated them with the modified DNA. The company is making millions off of this, despite GMO's being "relatively safe"
>>
>literally believing Le wind is the reason I have 90% crops with proprietary tech that can't even survive F2 when the case is explained in detail on the internet
Why?
>>
>>65981382
>Things that never happened
Wew lad
>>
>>65980803
With the TPP this is actually possible. I really hope Trump is sincere in his opposition to it and will get it removed if he is elected.
>>
Honestly, I heavily support GMO's. HOWEVER, I think they should release what exactly went into the new strains of whatever is in question. Without them, we would all starve.
>>
>>65981382
thats right! theyre true lobbyist and this issue needs addressing. one of your guys Bernie Sanders is well aware of them and has been fighting a long time against them. vote as you like of course, but hes a great guy (at least environmentally).
>>
Gmo weed when
>>
>>65981609
no thats not correct open new tab and use google to find out yourself.
>>
>>65980360

You need to quit shitposting. You're reducing our normally high standards of quality of CANADIAN shitposts.
>>
>>65981674
i dont want to be rude, but most of you are being the American useless stereotypes. plz... do yourselves a favor and at least have one person outside your own country think youre great. sarcasm on a real issue just makes you look stupid
>>
>>65980260
MONSANTO DID NOTHING WRONG YOU CANADIAN FAGGOT.

I'M EATING A DOUBLE WHOPPER WITH DDT & AGENT ORANGE SAUCE RIGHT NOW AND IT'S FUCKING DELICIOUS.
>>
>>65981949
Onion rings or fries?
>>
>>65981084
Did you even read that shit, shill?
>>
>>65981770
Nigga what. We have been genetically modifying plants for thousands of years through artificial selection. With modern genetic technology, were able to produce a better plant with some built in defenses to pests (although they do build up resistance over time).>>65981770
>>
>>65982084
:)
>>
>>65981938
Look kid GMO food is being engineered to make niggers in Africa sterile and it will only be consumed in third world country's to make them stop producing like cockroaches
>>
>>65980260
>monsanto meme

top kek.
>>
>>65981382
I haven't met a single person against Monsanto who can cite an example of their wrongdoing.
>>
File: noice.png (82 KB, 528x853) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
82 KB, 528x853
Google is a horrible source when you start looking for the word GMO/Monsanto. Large groups of people using Pseudoscience.
>>
>>65982121
thousands of years? my god! what effing drugs are u taking? Herbert Boyer and Stanley Cohen made the first genetically modified organism (GMO) in 1973.
>>
>>65982061
Onion rings, I wouldn't touch anything French.
>>
>>65982334

Look who doesn't understand hybridization.
>>
thought dupont made agent orange
>>
>>65980260
Everyone knows Monsanto and everyone knows you're bullshitting. All Monsanto ever did was create a superior product.

Reminder that these are the same people touting manmade global warming because le ebin science, but if you use it to accelerate the same process as selective breeding it's suddenly wrong and evil.
>muh chemicals, stop drinking dihydrogen monoxide
>muh farmers being sued - 90% of my crop is from grown from your seeds? Must be the wind!
>muh gmo is poison, i don't know what either of these words mean
>>
>thank you for your time for reading this
I know you're a newfag from reddit OP, but you should lurk more.

I didn't read your garbage because virtually every day we get some faggot like you preaching how terrible GMOs and Monsanto are and at the end of the day your complaints boil down to Monsanto being meanies

Fuck you and fuck canada, fuck off back to lereddit
>>
>>65982523
nope. but dupont sucks too
>>
Who cares about these shithole countries
>>
>>65981382
Made up garbage
>>65981669
>bernie
>your guys
>great environmentally
There is no argument, Canadaposting is worse than Australiaposting and it's not debatable
>>
>>65982334
They're arguing that we're basically using genetic modification to do quickly what might take dozens of generations of cross-breeding. This is true.

There's also some stuff that could get added to crops that couldn't be created by cross-breeding that might pose a risk, which is, I imagine, what you're referring to when you say GMO.
>>
surprisingly less shilling here in pol than over in sci, at least so far.

interesting.
>>
>>65981674
It already exists, and GMO is a buzzword with no meaning
>>
>They created DDT

DDT was created 25 years before Monsanto even existed.
>>
>>65982523
Most pesticides and fertilizers are from Dupont/Dow and BASF. Lefties just shit on Monsanto because they do a lot of GMO and sell onetime seeding material to poor farmers.
>>
>>65982787
lol your own government lets monsanto lobby them. your own doctors let u die in waiting rooms. your country is garbage and it's citizens composed of mindless jelly fish that dont care for anything but fastfood and themselves. i tried to help you guys but you clearly dont deserve it.
>>
>>65981938
>says the country with dudeweed as their head of state
>>
>>65980260
>he fell for the DDT is bad meme
How does it feel being a retard? Must be nice living in an area where you don't have to worry about Zika or fucking malaria.
>>
>>65980313
Monsanto has some obviously immoral business practices, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with gmo seeds. They allow for better yields and more consistent growing periods. In fact we've been genetically modifying crops through cross pollination/selective breeding for hundreds of years. The only difference now is were able to make changes more directly.
Source my family owns a farm, both my girlfriends parents have PhDs in microbiology
>>
>>65983015
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>65983190
>obviously immoral business practices
"No"
>>
>>65980260
>They created DDT

And saved millions of lives with it.

Then Rachel Carson wrote a book playing on peoples emotion with her vile lies and got it banned despite no proof of negative effects.

She now have the blood of 50 million people on her hands.

Malaria would've been eradicated globally had DDT use continued.

And instead of the relatively harmless DDT we instead use other pesticides that have moderate to high human toxicity.

Holy shit it makes my blood boil. We need a new Hitler that targets environmentalists.
>>
/pol/ pls...

GMO are truly a blessing, the only thing is that companies like Monsanto are fucking disgusting in how they behave.
they know their crops are extremely resilient and act like weeds
yet they still sue the farmers who are unlucky enough to have some of that growing on their lands

if not for that kind of behaviour maybe gmos would be better accepted and we'd have cheaper crops all over.
>>
File: 1446489188325.png (100 KB, 380x370) Image search: [Google]
1446489188325.png
100 KB, 380x370
>>65982245
>/pol/ user defending a multinational corporation with personal anecdotes

how to spot the paid shill slideposter, everybody!

http://ww.alternet.org/story/154284/monsanto_found_guilty_of_chemical_poisoning_in_france
>>
>>65980313
>. As a company that only cares about revenue, when people become aware, their sales will go down!

See Apple.
See De Beers.

I wish your notion was true, but people are fucking retarded.

>>65982614

>superior product
>dies after one use

How is it superior?
>>
>>65983190
Monsanto is merely using the law to their advantage. They would be stupid not to.
We need to update our horribly antiquated patent & copyright laws instead of using them to protect unsustainable business models.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with GMO.
>>
>>65980803
>Tibetan sky burial
Kek
>>
Monsanto still banned in Peru.

LOL. Take that ya, Texan Yids.
>>
>>65983441
>buy herbicide
>roll around in it
>THEY POISONED ME
Jesus, the French are retarded.
>>
>>65983530
This. Copyright is the most nonsensical bullshit in American law. I wouldn't get your hopes up about it ever being updated.
>>
>>65983513
>How is it superior?
Higher crop yields, pesticide resilience, more nutritious.

Ask yourself the following questions and research them.
>What is Monsanto exactly selling?
>Who buys it?
>Why do they buy it?
>Is anyone harmed by this. If yes, how?
Do not look for 'is monsanto good or bad?' or the like. Just look for facts that answer these questions to your satisfaction.

You will see that all they do is sell a product, people buy it because it is more profitable than not buying it, and the only people harmed is the competition because they cannot themselves sell that patented product.
>>
>>65983190
He's not saying anything is wrong with GMO based crops, as in "they cause cancer omg!". He's saying Monsanto's business practices are deplorable, and to maintain the crops requires the use of chemicals and pesticides which are often harmful to the environment.
>>
>>65983441
>no proper safety sheet

WOW MONSANTO IS THE HITLER OF COMPANIES
>>
File: redpill.png (80 KB, 256x252) Image search: [Google]
redpill.png
80 KB, 256x252
>>65980260
aww baby just got his first red pill

this is noob stuff fuckin leaf
>>
>>65983513
You don't know much about farming do you?

Basically, it's superior because it's yields are far, far, better than "natural" corn. They made it so it can't reproduce so you have to buy more seed every year, but even with that expense you still make MUCH more money than you would if you used "natural" corn seed, thus making their product superior.
>>
>>65983015
how oes what you just said in any way make me care more about these countries
>>
File: hackadoll merchants.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hackadoll merchants.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>65983806
>I wouldn't get your hopes up about it ever being updated.
Of course not. We all know who holds all the copyrights.
>>
>>65983981
>What is Monsanto exactly selling?
A great agricultural product
>Who buys it?
Pretty much everyone
>Why
Because it's better.
>Is anyone harmed by this. If yes, how?
Yes. The environuts have their butts devastated.
>>
>>65980260
>They created DDT
That was Jake "The Snake" Roberts.
>>
>>65984103

Most "environmentalists" scream about the horrors of modern agriculture from their apartments.
>>
>>65984325
I think it was Disney who started this shit being so crazy.
>>
>>65980260
Well yeah monsanto are pretty big cunts
Honestly they and the federal government are the ones who want a whole class of people to be destroyed (farmers/kulaks)

It's kind of disgusting but as long as they can put a veil around it with shit like "THE FREE MARKET" people won't notice they are doing the same shit that the commies did
>>
>>65984103
>They made it so it can't reproduce so you have to buy more seed every year

Nah. You can replant the later generations but you're still under the license agreement and have to pay(this is what that one famous monsanto vs greedy farmer case was, he argued that his second generation monsanto seeds were his to use(plant AND sell) without license, it never was about a farmer accidentally finding some crosspollinated crops), and unlike the primary seeds these latter generations could perform worse.

Terminators seeds haven't actually been used commercially afaik.
>>
>>65984988
Care to elaborate, because nothing you said seems to be true.
>>
>>65985519
Sure
You see the federal government has been waging effective economic war on ranchers and farmers for a very long time
These people tend to be land rich but money poor so things like lawsuits and estate tax and such effect them the worst

Monsanto also attacks these people with an almost endless stream of lawsuits because they're a corporation that the government works for

This class of people is getting smaller and smaller because of this and in fact is regularly mocked and attacked in our media (bundy ranch and the yeehaws are examples)
>>
>>65983981
Fine. I will research it as you ask.

But you kind of completely ignored my point.
>Higher crop yields, pesticide resilience, more nutritious.
That's great, but, the product dies and needs to be repurchased. They can only purchase this product from one place, and thus, Monsanto has a monopoly. They use the legal system to enforce the monopoly and claim other farmers use their product when those farmers didn't.
>>
>>65986649
>the product dies and needs to be repurchased.
No, you need to keep paying for the license as long as you have it's babies on your ground but the seeds persist. In practice you end up buying new seeds because it's easier and you get quality assured monsanto seeds.

Also patents expire, make your own open source or buy generic GMO for a fraction of the cost.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/539746/as-patents-expire-farmers-plant-generic-gmos/

I'd suggest you actually get some knowledge in the subjects you feel strongly about instead of blindly propagating the soapbox sermons from greenpeace.
>>
File: bill.jpg (26 KB, 450x341) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
26 KB, 450x341
Monsanto is funded by Bill Gates

Bill Gates is a major philanthropist who wants to end world hunger and poverty by dramatically reducing the world's population, which he calls the world's greatest problem.

He even sided with the FBI against technology, encryption and privacy in the Apple vs FBI fight.

He's truly a great man.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.