[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Trump beats everyone by a landslide >Only gets about 15%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: this doesnt add up.png (52 KB, 1214x352) Image search: [Google]
this doesnt add up.png
52 KB, 1214x352
>Trump beats everyone by a landslide
>Only gets about 15% more delegates than Cruz

This doesn't add up at all
>>
>>65975836
because texas has the most delegates
>>
Bible thumpers in the south vote for Cruz and Texas has a lot of delegates.
>>
>>65975836
Because they weren't winner take all states.
>>
Texas
>>
>>65975942
But he didn't take all Texas delegates and Trump still got a big chunk of it.

The difference between Trump and Cruz should be much bigger, unless the states Cruz and Rubio won were all winner take all (which they aren't) and the states Trump won were all winner take most/proportional
>>
>>65975836
Are you a Cruz missile yet?
>>
File: yeah ok whatever man.gif (4 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
yeah ok whatever man.gif
4 MB, 400x400
>>65976194
>>
>>65975836

This whole week was nothing but Trump attack ads every where, with no substance. If only he was less lumpy, he would be winning easily, but his shitty personality turns people off from him. He can't undo 70 years of acting like a total rich asshat. It's a real shame since his plans are the most feasible, down to earth and beneficial for the country.

I will still vote for him over Hillary, but it's clear the country as a whole isn't the same as it was 20 or hell, even 15 years ago.
>>
>>65975836
the media's slam campaign is working. we're on our way to a brokered convention
>>
>>65976194
You think that's funny?
>>
File: Lemongrab.jpg (34 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Lemongrab.jpg
34 KB, 600x450
>>65976058
Rubio didn't meet the 20% cutoff in Texas, so he doesn't get any Texas delegates. The result is that Trump, and especially Cruz, get the delegates that Rubio didn't get.

Cruz was betting on Texas, and he won big. Unfortunately for him, the rest of the states won't be very friendly to him. Cruz might win the corn belt and the plains, but he'll lose the big blue and purple states that are winner-take-all.

That's why Rubio is more dangerous than Cruz. Cruz won't win Illinois, Florida Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, etc.
>>
>>65975836
RATO
A
T
O
>>
>>65976532
Oh
>>
>>65975836
Delegates aren't winner take all in every state, and where they are no one is getting 50% of the vote. Unlike our crappy first past the post general election, our primary process has varying forms of proportional division of delegates and receiving extra delegates for getting sufficient percentages of vote in counties or winning congressional districts. The republican primary is particularly convoluted and rules vary from state to state.
>>
>>65975836
I thought the Netherlands was supposed to be good at teaching kids math.
>>
File: 1454540609739.png (671 KB, 850x917) Image search: [Google]
1454540609739.png
671 KB, 850x917
>>65975836

Fucking Texas.
>>
>>65975836
To be honest, he only won in landslides in four states. I mean he fucking tied with Kasich. Kasich! In Vermont. And delegate wise he essentially tied in Virginia, and Arkansas.

It's actually quite easy for cruzmissles and rubotos to spin this as a win by claiming Trump didn't perform nearly as well in these states as expected, even though Trump did in fact win.
>>
>>65976532
Your right, but I think Kasich is going to be the main boss in those states. Looking at how well he did in Vermont and consideration he is about as close to being actually "anti-Trump", he may have a better shot in the northern states. He also sounds much more liberal than most of the candidates, which is good for him there. I also think Kasich has a better shot keeping Ohio than Florida based only on current numbers (so nothing really tangible, but still).
>>
>>65975836
The ones he beat in a landslide didn't have a ton of delegates at stake, and Texas has a massive amount of delegates. I think it's pathetic that Cruz didn't completely sweep there, considering that even Hernie managed to pull 80+% in his home state.
It still manages to surprise me how diverse Trump's support is. Both Deep South and fairly moderate states seem to have a strong preference to him over hardliners like Cruz and middle of the roaders like Kasich.
>>
>>65976532
To be clear: most of the states that will vote for Cruz have already voted. The rest of the country is going to be contested between Trump and Rubio. This is why Cruz is pushing so hard for Rubio to drop out and why Rubio is staying in despite uninspiring results to far.
>>
>>65976737
rude
>>
polls had trump up 10 points in OK, and then he some how loses to Cruz. makes no sense
>>
>>65977036
It probably will be Kasich and Trump. Kasich was second in Vermont and Massachusetts though, which I think represents a trend between the two.
>>
>>65975836
>>65975836

Trump is way ahead of the path to nomination. Look at this for 30 seconds, and your questions and your worries will melt away.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/republicans/
>>
File: 1450996774885.jpg (100 KB, 640x455) Image search: [Google]
1450996774885.jpg
100 KB, 640x455
>>65975836
EVERYONE CALM DOWN. IT'S ALL PERFECTLY FINE. HE HAS MORE THAN HIS TARGET AT THIS POINT.

HERE, LOOK: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/republicans/
>>
>even texans aren't stupid enough to vote for trump
The rest of you should feel ashamed
>>
>>65977915
polls are shit, ive worked at a call center and the people that will do a political survey over the phone are shit teir
>>
File: snapshot10228.png (23 KB, 602x134) Image search: [Google]
snapshot10228.png
23 KB, 602x134
>>65978474
>>65978582
kek
>>
Bernie Sanders won more states last night than Ted Lose.
>>
>>65975836
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUS9mM8Xbbw
>>
>>65975836
Literally evey site a I go has slightly different numbers. Seriously how hard is it how many actual delegates does trump have?
>>
>>65979259

>"We expect Bernie to win outside of the South"

Here we come baby
>>
Not really that out of the ordinary

All up across all states Trump got 33% of the vote, Cruz about 30%

Texas makes up more than you think

Because Rubio didn't even fucking qualify for delegates in Cruz was a solid second in a lot of places, he picks up a lot

The important thing to take away from here is that

1) Cruz has hit his peak. He has finally won on his home turf after losing in his firewall of South Carolina. He might win Kansas, Utah, whatever, but his momentum will slow after this
b2 Rubio did awful today and that is as much a victory for Trump as in actually winning today
>>
>>65976831
Not to nitpick, but there are a large number of Mexicans that live in Texas. They are Mexican Americans but have extended families and they all likely voted against Trump.
>>
>>65980101
This, there are no other big states for Cruz to win plus Trump is leading big in Florida, Ohio and New York.
>>
>>65976532
petition to rename corn belt the fag belt, rat belt, or fag-rat belt
>>
>>65975836

hillbilly votes don't count
>>
>>65980101
This is a good analysis. Makes me wonder why some in the media are portraying this race as being Trump v. Cruz, considering Cruz isn't projected to win anywhere in the March primaries. Rubio doing awful wasn't necessarily a game-breaker but his retarded campaign was setting up high expectations for the night and now he looks like a fool (especially now that he's decided to trade crass insults with Trump). Honestly I think Kasich might come out on top for the "establisment" sector of the party but ultimately Trump will win the nomination.
>>
>>65980571
what did you think of Cruz vs Trumps podium during the speeches after Tuesday.

Too me it looked like Cruz was running a bar with Neon signs and shadowed backgrounds while Trumps looked presidential as fuck and rato just ranted for half an hour non stop.

Trump had the united states flag standing neatly in a row next to those white ones, gold and ivory,background, everything well lit. very nice.
>>
>>65981337
watching the cruz speech now. i feel like i should have a stomach full of pingers.
>>
Meh. Cruz has terrible math here on out.
>>
>>65979810
This is what I find so weird, why is there no official site for this?

I mean, it's 2016, come on
>>
>>65983160
Current year jokes aside. This is actually something that really does need to be updated I mean its a official government process right? So why no .gov to clearly explain what is happening within each primary numbers wise. Its not like it would even cost that much tax money as it would only be used happen every 4 years or 2 years if its used for house/senate elections
>>
>>65975836
cruz can win if rubarb drops at any point
>>
>>65984312
Primaries are technically private events though, aren't they?

I think the GOP/RNC and the Dems should have their own official page for this stuff that is accurate and updates in real time
>>
>>65984525

Perhaps, but majority Cruz supporters will go to Donald as second choice, they won't go Rubio.

Establishment wants neither Cruz nor Rubio. They'll keep Rubio in for a long time, neither will win, at some point Cruz will drop out, his support goes to Trump, Rubio is crushed.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.