[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Math
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: weeeew.jpg (87 KB, 1037x766) Image search: [Google]
weeeew.jpg
87 KB, 1037x766
Why can't people today into math these days? Nothing is more cringe than people above 18 who can't solve 1 year high school math. I'm not talking about getting a decimal wrong, i'm talking about fundamental mistakes like add subtract before multiply divide (that is age 5 - 12 math). It's like knitting your own shoes.
>>
That's a sad graph.
>>
>>65964920
Because schools(at least in the states) do not care about the students. English is easier to teach, math requires someone that's not a chucklefuck.

You'll see it get even worse in years to come now that kids are being taught common core.
>>
Math is fucking useless unless you go into a career field that needs highschool level math. I'll never use this trinomial shit in my life, nigga. Fuck math.
>>
>>65964920

>like add subtract before multiply divide

excuse me what?
>>
>>65964920
>PEMDAS
>add subtract before multiply divide
>>
>>65964920
common core
>>
>>65966263
t. tyrone
>>
because computers.
>>
People are lazy because they were raised poorly.
>>
>>65964920
Because of the "math is hard and useless" meme, and calculators.
>>
>>65966263
t. graduate in gender studies
>>
>>65966302
>>65966381
He's saying that's a mistake people are making
>>
File: confused anime bitch.png (122 KB, 298x339) Image search: [Google]
confused anime bitch.png
122 KB, 298x339
>>65964920
>It's like knitting your own shoes.
>>
>>65966302
>>65964920
I think he meant that as an example of a fundamental mistake
>>
>>65964920
what this guy said>>65965733
And also because simply put, most people don't need math when calculators and computers exist.
>>
Who gives a fuck, robots will be doing all the math we need soon.
>>
>>65966576
>>65966617

true he is

>(that is age 5 - 12 math)

this is what threw my thinking off
>>
>>65964920
The teachers are retarded and make it so boring no one wants to learn it.
>>
>>65964920
Nigga, you can't even form a grammatically correct statement.
>>
>>65964920
Population control.

Our society is growing ever more dependent on electronic devices and software, the function of which is based entirely on math. The ones in control of them are the ones that understand the math. If you have a population to whom the workings of a microchip is basically black magic, controlling them will be trivial since you don't have to deal with disillusioned people seeing thing you don't want them to see and showing it to others.
>>
Boys are good at math.
Schools are being feminized.
There is a push to make girls better at math.
The way math is taught is being changed.

Figure it out.
>>
>>65966576
but it's only a consensus to reduce the use of parentheses, it isn't a big problem per se
>>
>>65966947
He's Norwegian. Who cares?

I think it's because most people here want to be a manager or something where they think they'll need English more than math.
>>
Is that why middle management is typically so fucking retarded?
>>
>>65968207

It's to create a gap between corporate management and local management. Everyone in the company can then place the blame on some part of the company, but generally speaking the middle managers just act as communication paths from local level to corporate level.
>>
>>65964920

You have a unified curriculum right? If you put too many retards (ie. immigrants) into normal classes with a single curriculum you will get problems.

You need differentiated schooling either through the front door (ie. multiple curricula for different aptitudes) or through the back door (selective schools with their own curricula).
>>
lol why would I learn math dude it's all there on th internet
>>
>>65964920

because you can earn more in an easier way by
- plumbing
- paid sex
- rubbing your tits
- stand ups
- being a corrupt politician

they do not have the fucking H-index and do not need to compete with the whole fuckin world and always something new, better and more epic

also all the disinfo fucks with even simple reasoning

but hey, maybe it is good at the end?

delete this
>>
>>65964920

I think a lot of people are simply aren't interested
>>
There will always be intellectual plebs in society.
>>
Physics grad here.

I think the problem is that basic mathematics would be better taught to kids with some context behind it. The way we teach it right now, kids don't see the point in it. When some twelve year old says they don't need to know differentiation because they'll never use it, they're probably right. However, if you teach that kid maths by explaining it to him why and where it's useful, he'll listen. Tie it into how housing loans work, credit card charges, family budgets - that sort of thing. That way, you're not just learning "maths" - you're learning shit that's actually useful.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.