[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Donald Trump left $13 billion on table
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 4
File: gp4_2528_24760818.jpg (37 KB, 620x538) Image search: [Google]
gp4_2528_24760818.jpg
37 KB, 620x538
>“Mr. Trump has underperformed the real estate market by approximately $13.2 billion, or 57%,” since 1976, says John Griffin, a finance professor at the University of Texas, who compared Trump’s stated net worth with four decades of returns on the FTSE NAREIT All Equity REITS FNER, +2.70% Index.

>The NAREIT index, developed in the early 1970s by the Washington-based trade group the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, tracks the performance of publicly traded real estate investment companies that own commercial properties, such as offices, hotels and apartments.

>Starting with Trump’s professed net worth of “more than $200 million” in an interview published by The New York Times in November 1976, Griffin says the FTSE NAREIT All Equity REITS Index-compounded return would have returned $23.2 billon at the end of 2015, “considerably above Mr. Trump’s recent self-reported net worth of approximately $10 billion.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-donald-trump-left-13-billion-on-table-2016-03-01

Daddy's money wasn't enough to make it, it seems.
>>
>>65957107
i was a huge strump supporter before seeing this, but now, after seeing this, im a #cruzmissle
>>
>>65957107
>i was a huge strump supporter before seeing this, but now, after seeing this, im a #cruzmissle
>>
>>65957107
Those who can't do, teach.
>>
>>65957236
>>65957403

This shit. This shit right here is why I hate the jews.
>>
File: 1454987979175.jpg (31 KB, 395x290) Image search: [Google]
1454987979175.jpg
31 KB, 395x290
>>65957236
>>65957403
good job schlomo
>>
>>65957236
>>65957403
I'm glad to have helped you see the light. Drumpf was a fairly incompetent businessman, he would bankrupt the country.

I'm a Cruz missile too.
>>
>>65957107

>TRUMP IS A TERRIBLE BUSINESSMAN THATS WHY HE HAS BILLIONS OF DOLLARS MORE THAN ILL EVER HAVE
>>
What a loser, only making billions and billions of $$$. >>65957236 >>65957403 #cruzmissle now
>>
>>65957107
I'm sure I'd be ridiculously rich if I had hindsight from the future. Shit I'd never make a bad decision ever.
>>
>>65957107
>Look at that fool making billions of dollars, what a loser
Morro puñetaz.
>>
what an idiot desu senpai
>>
After seeing this I'm now #dumpingdrumpf and am on board with the #cruzmissle.

Thank you OP, I feel so liberated.
>>
>>65957107
>Look at this fool! He brought real estate and employed thousands of people and made $10 billion when he could have invested in what was a no-name stock at the time and made 23 billion!

>Too bad he doesn't have future vision, Trump is stumped now!
>>
>>65957107
I find it pretty much impossible to say he "underperformed" when he's in the top 150 richest people in America

all these liberalfags trying desperately to find some metric (NAREIT index?) to evaluate him against as unsuccessful

guess what faggots, we already have a metric for how successful he has been, it's how called "dollars", and he has more of it than 99.999996% of the population
>>
>>65957107
lol yeah he obviously underperformed, that's why there's so many billionaires right?

well over 50% of the population made more money than him during this period, so this makes total sense
>>
>>65959225

He had more of a financial head start in life than 99.999996% too.
>>
>>65958849
BUILD IT
>>
>>65959333
Difference is that he actually did something with his money rather than being a "daddy's trust fund" kiddie
>>
>>65959124
He took daddy's money and supposedly did great real state deals. That's the narrative he pushes.

But the truth is that he underperformed the real state market. Being born into money is not a substitute for brains.

You trumpbots won't get this, but I still feel it's my obligation to expose you to the facts.
>>
>>65957107
Oy vey, Trump underperformed compared to an imaginary number that represents the market and doesn't account to taxes, commissions and living expenses. How is this possible?
>>
>>65959434
>he actually did something with his money rather than being a "daddy's trust fund" kiddie
No, he didn't.
>>
>>65959489
Proof?
>>
>>65957107
That's like saying
>"Why don't charities invest in the stock market so they can make more money to help people with!!"
Maybe he just likes real-estate?

You can make shitloads in this country as a homebuilder, but some people flip old houses for a marginal profit simply because they enjoy it. I know this is a foreign concept to foreigners, but Americans like things.
>>
>>65959521
>>65959438
>>
>>65957107
They always forget that he didnt have 200 million in 1976
He had a 1 million dollar loan to start a business. He couldnt have put it in an index fund even if he wanted to.
>>
>>65959333
Yeach dude every person with a million dollars can totally make billions its not even hard
>>
>>65957236
More like Cu.ck.missile.
>>
>>65959438
>But the truth is that he underperformed the real state market.
you should probably learn how to read what you are posting
>>
>>65959441
This.
The attempts to smear are getting desperate. If it was that easy to make $23 billion then why didn't the author do it
>>
>>65959438
Kill yourself spic.
>>
>>65959434
Exactly.

Most people who inherit tons of money let it collect interest in the bank, assuming they don't blow it all. Very few increase their net worth by several orders of magnitude.

Obviously being born rich gave him a huge head start and opportunity to make himself a billionaire, but it's still more than most people do.
>>
>>65959438
So hold on, are people bashing on Trump now for not being rich enough? I'm genuinely confused, I thought it was bad that he was a rich white guy.
>>
>>65959489

How the fuck do they get that number and how does it compare to actual real life case studies?
>>
>>65958770
He
would
have
made
more
leaving
it
in
an
index.
I was a Trump supporter before realizing that fact, but now I want a New American Century. I want Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States.

Sent from my Windows Phone
>>
>>65959573
> there are millions of people with a networth of 1 million or more
> None of them have been nearly as successful as DJT
> he's a failure cuz this chart said so!
>>
>Rob Ford

I miss that guy...every week was a new adventure.
>>
>>65959573
That's not proof, just one of your previous shitposts, you shitskin.
>>
>John Griffin, a finance professor at the University of Texas
>Texas

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>65959762
the net difference reported in this hitpiece could have accrued just within the last 4 years you idiot. there have been massive price swings, and he might have gotten out early. point comparisons are invalid.
>>
>>65959724
they used hitler comparisons way too early in the game, that was probably the only trump card they may have had and they played it before the real games even began.

They have no ammunition, all they have left is strawman arguments, the same tired old insults and bullying they've been slinging around since the campaigning started, and attempts at character assassination.

Their latest and greatest was "drumpf" and that one was dead on arrival.
>>
and all the other people in the real estate market that are less successful than trump and have made less money are all also underachievers and idiots (despite being multi-millionaires or billionaires)? if it could have been so easy to perform so much better than trump then why are there so few people who did? why didnt all the smartasses that apparently know better than trump get into the real estate business?
>inb4 they couldnt get that small loan of a million dollars
such bitter fucking cunts have the audacity to criticize someone who has accomplished more than they ever will, just because he could have been even more successful?
also, do they expect trump to be a fucking psychic?
>hurr now that i know how the market has developed over the last 30 years i could have made better decisions than you..
>>
>>65959850
I stopped at "University"
>>
>>65959762
failed
companies
aren't
in
indexes
of
publicly
traded
companies
>>
>>65959762
>leaving it in an index
Please explain to me, how the fuck you're planning to buy REAL ESTATE with an index. It's not stock, you can't just follow the index. You either buy a house or you don't. And then if you do, it's not just a number on the paper, it's a fucking building you have to take care of.
>>
HAHAHA TRUMP CANT PREDICT THE FUTURE HAHAHAHA WHAT A RETARD OMG LOL
>>
>>65960016
this is what the collateral market is for.

of course, what the idiot ignores is that the entire market is about as honest as china's stock market
>>
>>65959546
>I know this is a foreign concept to foreigners, but Americans like things.

>self professed business men like making less money than they Could have made

Ok.
>>
>>65960103
Yeah, but that's not an index for collateral market, that's an index for real estate deals by real estate investment companies
>>
>>65959585

>Literally inherited $40-200 million dollars when his father died, plus his father's organizations

>Was in billions of debt in 1990, had to get bailed out by 90 banks, mortgage his properties and defer debt

>Could have invested his inheritance, sat on his ass and he'd be a billionaire today.

Nice try.
>>
cruz missles your straight to your asses
>>
>>65960267
if he was in debt, then surely he must've beaten the index in order to become rich again, yes?
>>
>>65957107
40% is a pass mark D+
>>
>>65960267
>Could have invested his inheritance, sat on his ass and he'd be a billionaire today
No, no he couldn't have. By that logic everyone who invested $1000 in the 70's should be a millionaire today. That's not real, that's just a made up number that has no relation to reality.
>>
>>65960192
he underperformed by a significant margin (so have managed funds) because of zero percent interest finance inflating the market. he probably underperformed by any measure. that's not his fault, that's due to monetary policy.

it almost assuredly only emerged in the last 4 years or so, to boot.
>>
>>65957107
I could give a random guy 1 million dollars today.
Doesn't matter if he's a berniebot or a cuckmissile or even a Trump supporter.

Most people will use up that million in 5 years or less.

To some degree it's the right thing to do: why pay 5% interest on a loan when you can pay it off now?

But many people will buy ipads, clothes or start renting a big apartment and consume the money within a few years. I've seen it happen and most of you probably know a relative that spent his trust fund / inheritance like this.

Even the people who put their money in the stock market are a minority, and some of them will gamble it away.

The number of people who'd actually stop to even entertain the idea of increasing this wealth is extremely small.

The number of people who then go and succeed with their ideas are even smaller.

And only a handful of those people will succeed in the way Donald Trump has succeeded.

He has outperformed 99.9 percent of the worlds population.

The people that are trying to "outperform the market" are the same kind of people that put their money in the dot-com bubble and the housing bubble.
>>
>>65960361

>Get 200 dollars for free
>Get 6000 dollars in debt
>Get bailed out by everyone
>Have 4000 dollars 25 years later

WOW GREAT SUCCESS, UNIQUELY TALENTED BUSINESSPERSON
>>
>>65960448
No, he "underperformed" because the index constantly changes to filter out failing companies to present the market in a more positive light. In reality, most of his rivals from the 70s who were in that index then now don't have any business at all and the index is made up of entirely different companies.
>>
If Warren Buffett had underperformed the s&p500 for four decades decades in a row, EVERYBODY would say that he's a bad investor.

Trump underperforms the real state market for four decades and trumptards are stupid enough to consider him a good real state guy.

But he will continue to claim that he's a billionaire, so that must mean that he's good at doing real state deals.

The truth is that if you get a shitload of money from daddy, you can fuck it up pretty bad and still end up with a lot of money after decades because of the power of compounding.

Not even his dirty tactics (eminent domain to get people thrown out of their homes, etc etc etc) were enough to make up for his incompetence and lack of brains.
>>
It's funny because capitalists like trump create the growth the bankers make money on. The whole argument is nonsence from square one.
>>
>>65957107

> being smart after the fact

the thought process of losers is always hilarious to me
>>
>>65960267
His dad died in 1999, fám.
>>
says a professor worrh 100k?

I dont even like trump but this is stupid
>>
>>65960609
Do you even own a house?
>>
>>65960783
>says a professor worrh 100k?
Hey bud I like Trump and this isn't an argument.
>>
>>65957107
Huh, it's almost like he diversified in the 80s and 90s and wasn't solely doing real estate.
>>
>>65957107
Daily reminder that Trump does real estate deals because he enjoys it and that he made himself an empire worth billions for kicks.
>>
File: jhggjgjh.png (130 KB, 868x1343) Image search: [Google]
jhggjgjh.png
130 KB, 868x1343
reddit to the rescue! https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/483onc/debunked_trump_bankrupted_4_times_trump_would_be/
>>
>>65960609
>investor
buffet is the definition of corruption and crony capitalism.
>>
>>65960851
Fuck off Bernie
>>
>>65961067
>Fuck off Bernie
Sound argument there. Excuse me while I go win Vermont! #FeelTheBern
>>
>>65960553
well he's the one with $4000 so you tell me
>>
>>65957107
>He only made 4 billion
>Only 4 billion
>But he could have made 13 billion if he would've done X better

Who actually gives a shit. Past 2 billion it really doesn't matter. You are literally set for life.
>>
Well now that you're so smart, there's nothing to stop you making your first $billion!

I have faith in you op, you can do it!
>>
File: GettyImages-843167781438806851.jpg (230 KB, 1484x960) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-843167781438806851.jpg
230 KB, 1484x960
>>65961031
>buffet is the definition of corruption and crony capitalism.
No, that's Trump.

Buffett has done shady shit lately, but overall he's a true self-made billionaire.

He started out poor, and truly made his money (except for bailouts for some of his stocks when he was already old). He didn't inherit shit, and has beat the market for decades, specially when he was young and nobody knew about him.

That's why he can call himself a great success. He BEAT THE MARKET. Trump didn't.

All Trump did is not lose all he inherited, basically. He's not a good businessman, and that's a fact. If he had started out poor like Buffett, you probably would have never had heard about him.
>>
I heard a funny anecdote from tony Robbins about economic professors. It was along the lines of, why would they be teaching and not making millions or billions themselves if theyre so god damn smart? Because they're failures
>>
>>65961775
>Well now that you're so smart, there's nothing to stop you making your first $billion!
>I have faith in you op, you can do it!
Give his daddy and I'll give you a lot more than a billion in a few decades.

In fact, if you can't do it you're probably a moron.
>>
>>65961900
this
>>
>>65957107
>Indexes
Can't live or eat indexes, or pay the wages of 60'000 people.
>>
>>65962042
>Can't live or eat indexes
What is a dividend? What is interest?

> or pay the wages of 60'000 people.
Paying wages is irrelevant. We are talking about making money here.
>>
>>65961900
Pretty much this. Same tier as motivational speakers.

Some are top tier though. Like constitutional law profs that used to work for the government.

But with economics barely any of the teachers are actually success stories
>>
>>65961900
very true for many professors i have met. some used to brag to me how they would be swimming in money if they invested in the stock market and yet they never invested a penny, others taught students how to start and manage their own business although their track record shows that none of their businesses they started themselves were truly successful and they had to sell them and go back to teaching at uni. that said, ive also met some very successful people who made several millions and then became lecturers at uni, because they saw themselves as some kind of mentor.
>>
REITS are the awesomest thing ever.
Developers and property managers should quit ther jobs and put their money in REITS.
>>
He could have made money in lead up to 2007, but he also didnt lose it all and need a bailout come 2008.
>>
>>65959438
SHILL THREAD
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.