[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't STEM lords be allowed to rule over society?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 350x202) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 350x202
Why can't STEM lords be allowed to rule over society?
>>
Very easy answer.

In that case, let's just have Robots rule over us. Because STEM lords are just shitty robots. They make the robots, and the robots rule over us. The last thing we need is a bunch of sociopaths godless nerds acting like dictators.
>>
>>65936588
good point. better let the boomers and narcissists run things forever. robots are so tawdry, augh!
>>
Because most of you STEMtards are low grade autists who can barely function outside of your little quant bubble.
>>
>>65936588
>>65936795
Butthurt arts students detected. Why are so selfish to not allow superior intellects make the important decisions?
>>
a technocracy sounds a lot cooler than it is
>>
>>65936588
Technocracy when

Serious question, in the near future if we create a computer running a machine learning capable AI that would choose the objective best option for every decision would you let it run the country?
>>
>>65936424
They do in china. Engineers came up with 1 child law.
>>
File: fedora_2.jpg (34 KB, 402x604) Image search: [Google]
fedora_2.jpg
34 KB, 402x604
>>
>>65936424
Can someone explain what the STEM meme is?
>>
SJWs own most STEM fields and are destroying them because they are pathetic cucks afraid of conflict.
>>
>>65937858
makes sense, they'd never get laid anyway
>>
>>65937740
Because important decisions rely on basic common sense. Something intellectuals completely lack. If you want proof, look at why you made this thread and what the answer is.
>>
>>65936424
Because they're autistic meat calculators and have no idea how people work.
>>
>>65936424
because STEM are way too retarded to understand human behavior. For the STEM community to understand Politics, is like trying to explain a 70 year old person on how to use a computer.
>>
Someone tell me what the STEM meme is.
>>
>>65938380
>politics is harder to understand than quantum physics

Lol. Non-STEMs actually believe this. Politics is piss easy to understand.
>>
Low Speech stat allocation.
>>
>>65937740
>really good at math
>superior intellect

Most of you probably can't even tie your own shoes.
>>
>>65938458
n e w f a g
e
w
f
a
g
g
o
t
>>
>>65936424
because muh feelings and muh emotions
its the reason why we havent gone full human cloning for organ harvesting and experiments yet because of the filthy tree huggers
>>
>>65938606
I can build a robot that can :^)
>>
I'm 31 and taking calculus now. Calculus should be what defines a white person. If you can't do calculus, you're not white.
>>
>>65937976
Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics.

Basically any useful degree in college that isn't based on subjectivity.

The meme is that only people with STEM degrees are succesful, and while it's true that people with STEM degrees have it much easier finding a job after college than a Liberal Arts degree, there are still plenty of NEETs with Comp Sci degrees and shit.

The meme is mostly spread by college freshman taking Introductory Algebra and ENGL 1 going on about "I'm an engineer im gonna make 200,000 a year right out of college STEM MASTER RACE."

These people will drop out when they get to their first Engineering course.
>>
>>65936424
>theoreticals
>valuable in society

Pick one.
>>
>>65938827
If you think calculus is hard then I'm whiter than you.
>>
>>65936424
ive never understood why stem majors need all sorts of different classes to be certain things.

if im a doctor why the fuck do i need to know calculus? when the fuck am i ever going to use that?
>>
>>65938827
Very true.
I had a german Calculus professor who lectured more on the importance of calculus to human development and culture and our power of the world than how to solve problems on paper. Talked about Isaac Newton and how stupid animals can understand arithmetic but calculus requires vastly more intelligence on a conceptual level.

Calculus was our way of applying how the human mind works to the real world.
>>
>>65938952
Waaah! Math is hard!!

Math teaches critical thinking skills which are valuable as a doctor. Stop being a nigger.
>>
>>65938906
>Mexican Mathematicians
>'Ay Juan, what's the integral of this Burrito?'
>'Idunno Raul, wanna go traffic some drugs over the border?'

ARRIIBA!
>>
>>65939094
Should we also have to take humanities classes or whatever that we will never use?
>>
>>65938952

To weed out the fucking retards who can't do math. A doctor requires mathematical skills with some aspects of the job. Being wrong = dead patient. Medicine is very dangerous, an overdose can easily kill someone if the medicine is strong enough. More advance courses = better quality of doctors that come out. That's why if your doctor is black run far away as possible if you're not already dying. Affirmative action doctors will kill you.
>>
>>65938844
That's bullshit.

Because Science, Engineering, and Math are SUBJECTS of Technology.

STEM is just a meme.

To believe otherwise would cause question to cognitive thought. These people are probably barely sentient and simply rely on mimicry.
>>
>>65938952
Because people in STEM have the motivation to learn things outside their field. So we don't have a bullshit pragmatic approach.

Also, calculus is used even in sociology you retard, only a butthurt highschooler talks like this.
>>65939148
Jajaja awevo compi chingue su madre peña
>>
>>65938906
I consider myself a smart person. Not bragging at all, but I was in gifted classes as a kid. I dropped out of high school because I got into drugs when I was very young and my parents were complete shit and I haven't spoken to my dad since I was ten (I blame Jews for ruining my family and getting me into rap music and drugs when I was a child). Anyway, I went to college at 29 and got A's easily in every class. I had to take an Intermediate Algebra class, College Algebra, and Pre Calculus before this class. They are not even close to the same level of difficulty. Calculus is actually hard. Even for a genius like me
>>
>>65938952
It's to prove that you can work hard and learn new things moreso than to make you able to remember calculus on the operating table
>>
>>65938952
>>65939465
You will probably never have to use anything above stats.
>>
>>65939329
nice proxy, fag.
that's every American's "one insult I know in Spanish"
>>
>>65939011
I wish I had that. I feel like I'm just learning the procedure to do the math but not understanding what the math is actually doing.
>>
>>65939169
You are going to use it retard. You need it for basic chem, statistical analysis and many models of human anatomy. It is a universal tool you moron. Also humanity faggs should learn more fucking math to learn some proper statistics.

>>65939383
You are delusional, calculus is considered a highschool subject in many countries, even some schools here.
>>
>>65939545
As a doctor? Maybe.
As any other stem degree? definitely.
I majored in Physics but work as am analytical chemist and use basic calculus daily
>>
>>65939548
Chupame los huevos piche traga mecos de mierda.
>>
>>65939548

mine is "Pinche puto maricon sin bolas"
>>
>>65939658
Yeah, that's what my Calc 3 proffessor is like. Ukranian math/chess kid genius but all he does is work really hard problems on the board like he's showing off. He's an extremely intelligent guy but a terrible teacher.
>>
>>65936424

Technocracy is still a hypothetical system OP, maybe one day.
>>
EE/CS double major and I make 200k a year.
>>
>>65939677
>You are delusional, calculus is considered a highschool subject in many countries, even some schools here.
I know. Most of the kids in my class took it in high school. I don't understand why they are taking again
>>
> could have pursued a course in STEM
> studied english instead because i thought it would be easy
> it's not easy anymore and i hate it

why did i have to be such an idiot
>>
File: 1452963085708.jpg (373 KB, 1040x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452963085708.jpg
373 KB, 1040x1000
>>65936424
>Why can't STEM lords be allowed to rule over society?

They chose to throw their support behind liberals who put useless people into all the high jobs. Trump will make practical skills valuable again.

>everyone at the debate takes pot shots at Trump's few shady hires out of countless thousands
>Trump responds he's the only one on the stage who has created new jobs at all
>>
>>65936424
Because they are dead slow in anything outside their speciality.
Look at the Google Bumpercar assume that all road rules will be followed to the letter at all times.
>>
>>65939918

Because colleges want them to learn THEIR calculus. It's the reason why credits don't transfer to other colleges if it's not part of the same system like the UT system in Texas and sometimes only a few credits transfer. Subjects taught in high school are different than the ones in college when it comes to quality. Mostly because Professors > Teachers.
>>
>>65939838
You basically just explained every math professor I've had. I think Math is hard to teach though. I'll not understand how he got to the next step sometimes, but he can't stop what he's doing every time someone doesn't understand how he did what he did to get to where he is. Khan Academy is so based though. Anyone struggling with any math should go there. 2214
>>
>>65940456

Mine was pretty good but I barely pulled a c out of my ass because I never studied, slept in class and missed a few days. The lower levels of math aren't hard, just require studying.
>>
>>65938272
Can confirm, in my electrical engineering program I look around the classroom and few look like they have the ability to lead.
>>
>>65936424
Because they are autistic
>>
Math STEM master race here. STEM is technical knowledge that is almost entirely unrelated to political matters. There is no reason whatever that knowledge/ability in mathematics or biology translates to political skill or accurate political ideas.
>>
>>65942230

A few people in my Calc 1 class in uni were autistic as fuck with 1 guy being the biggest autist I've ever met and he was a brony too. It was fucking bizarre because I never expected to meet the stereotypical brony in real life, especially not a spic brony in Texas. I'm sure it gets worse when you start taking more advance courses.
>>
File: stemfaggot.png (239 KB, 1304x413) Image search: [Google]
stemfaggot.png
239 KB, 1304x413
>>65936424
>>
>>65940357
And this is essentially why Calculus can never be taken seriously.

It is essentially a language of its own and people want to teach that language the way they want to speak it.

Math is largely universal, not because of the teaching methods either, but because of it's practical benefits.

Calculus, however, is largely niche because it is too heavily invested in theoreticals.

Algebra falls into the same problem but only when it comes to crutches/methods like FOIL, etc. Minimal practical application, largely biased critical thinking tool.
>>
>>65937854
If I had a way of making sure that that will always be what it does, I guess I'd be fine with it.
>>
>>65939094
>>65939267
>>65939329
>>65939465

so i cant do calc but im amazing at bio and human phys but apparently i cant be a doctor because i cant do matrices? fuck off, all i want to do is doctor
>>
>>65942760

It takes more than knowing anatomy to be a doctor, fuck off cunt. You're the type of cunt to put in the wrong doses and gets people killed in routine procedures.
>>
>>65936424
China's leaders are principally lolgineers. True story.
>>
Fools! STEM is to be used in conjunction with other things to make life easier for the population.

As a member of STEM, I can guarantee that STEM lords ruling over society would create a scientific North Korea: wealth would be redistributed to contribute to science.

When when it's complimentary to inspiration, it can help create beautiful things.
>>
>>65938906
>tfw literally tutored the other students in my calc 2 class and still failed
I think we should switch races, Juan. I'm lazy as fuck.
>>
>>65942760
Physics is where they'll getcha on the MCAT.
>>
>>65938906
Would trade backgrounds so Juan would have better chance at life.
calc 2 was pretty hard (but not unmanageable)
>>
Useful degrees that are essential to a productive society that aren't STEM:
Medicine
Nursing
Teaching
Architecture
Town Planning
Law
Commerce
Business
>>
>>65936424
Ever since women got a right to vote politcs are full with emotional faggots that look good and know how to manipulate emotions of women.

Rational people are usually stuck in lower positions behind the scenes in cabinets.
>>
>>65936424
autism
>>
>>65936424
because you can't understand the concept that stem being hard doesn't make it an automatically superior profession. Think about it for a moment, we still need political and legal systems and thus we need politicians, lawyers and other non stem professions. Who else would settle disputes between scientists on how to rule? The scientists themselves? Of course not they need to dedicate themselves to their profession. Those people will always effectively "run things" Does it really make sense for them to be dedicated to scientific research rather than the profession that takes up most of their time? If they do spend so much time arguing about ethical and moral situations can they really even be called a scientist at that point? Those people SHOULD be studying political science and philosophy, getting all pertinent scientific information from scientists when the situation calls for it? A society functions much better when specialize groups co-operate rather than try to run things solo.
>>
Because a majority of STEM majors don't have a good understanding of history or politics. They're as bluepilled as humanities majors.
>>
File: 93448.jpg (38 KB, 291x475) Image search: [Google]
93448.jpg
38 KB, 291x475
>>65936424
pic attached was a good book. It was about a guy who basically decided to go apeshit on the world and kill half the population.
after the scientists who dealt with the virus were talking about shit after they won, they were pontificating the same thing -- we should build something better free of politics
only to find that the politicians had already done an end run around them to try and grab power before they could even get organized
the people who rule over society are the people who are good at getting the power to rule over society.
you don't get power by asking for "permission" and hope someone "allows" you to have it, you get it by taking it, and the people best at taking it are those whose life is dedicated to it
>>
Here they teach calculus in secondary school... Why are amerilards so stupid?
>>
>>65945088
it depends on the state and school here.
>>
What's better in your opinion, NSET or STEM?
>>
>>65945088
I learned Calc I and II in "secondary school".
Americans aren't stupid enough to let there culture be taken over by Islam.
>>
>>65945245
No need to be so mad :^)
Also, calculus and maths aren't American culture, stop pretending they are.
>>
>>65942517
just tie "will this cause harm to my masters in any way" into every single decision it makes
problem solved, robopocalypse averted
>>
File: 1437375639834.jpg (17 KB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
1437375639834.jpg
17 KB, 366x360
>>65937740
>STEM
>superior intellectual
>intellectual
ahahaha! good one!
>>
>>65936424
Because they're autists.
>>
>>65936424
Because leadership and intelligence are unrelated.
>>
>>65945567
Stupid british and their stupid way of measuring of things that allowed the americans to be so reluctant in changing things because of the way that it was during the revolution.
I really hope that the US switches to the metric system soon. I know that it won't happen, but I still hope.
>>
>>65939383
If calculus is hard to you you are not a genius.
>>
>>65936424
because they are largely beta males and or lack emotional and social intelligence
>>
>>65946661
If you live in Spain, you're not white
>>
>>65945995
a leader needs a superior intelligence, s you are wrong.
>>
>>65936424
How come /pol/ is anti STEM? Did we strike a nerve?
>>
>>65944715
It's more of the fact STEM majors are disillusioned with politics. Here at least in commiefornia, STEM students in my classes hate shillary and trump equally.
>>
>>65936424
>be STEMtard
>don't shower or follow general civilized protocol
>get 42% on my Linear Algebra test
>B after the curve
>go back to playing video games and redditing all day
>MUH STARTING SALARY

Be 20 years later
>get fired
>can't find a job because not under 40 years old
>have 0 social skills so can't be a sucessful business owner
>collect unemployment and listen to shitty old bands
>shit wife
>kids are struggling in school
>government, wife, house, and kids ate my entire paycheck the last 20 years

BUT BILL GATES WUZ A BILLIONAIRE N SHEET

Fuck off STEMfags. You all think you are superior, but Pajeets will depress your wages, and if you aren't managing a company by the time you are in your late 20s, you're a glorified wageslave.

>tfw 27 and running a manufacturing firm that netted me 260K last year and majored in economics
>>
>>65936424
Because the only useful STEM for leadership is engineering.
All we need is less lawyers holding the reigns of power, that's why I like Trump, an economist
>>
File: 1456872169811.png (176 KB, 1267x545) Image search: [Google]
1456872169811.png
176 KB, 1267x545
>>65946856
Why should I care about that?
>>
>>65947283
Only white people are relevant
>>
Engineers and phycicist are alredy outperforming economixs majors in finance. I wouldn't be surprised if most politicians were engineers in a couple of years.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
>>65947407
Sure thing budy.
>>
>>65946878
Then what is every American politician ever?
>>
>>65947566
Every american politician heretofore has been controlled by Jews with superior intelligence. Trump has an IQ of 156 and will put a stop to that. You need a high IQ to run our country. We're not Norway
>>
>>65936424
As a STEM student myself, 90% of the population could learn and do what we do if they devoted a similar amount of time to learning it. It's nothing special. Leaders need charisma, power, vision, and selflessness. Most STEM students are sheltered nu males who couldn't even boss their wife around, let alone run a society.
>>
>>65948126

*most STEM students on 4chan.

If you look up from your desk someday during class, you'll see it's mostly normies.
>>
>>65936424
>what is china
>>
>>65936424
They're extremely bad at leadership and public speaking
>>
>>65947785
Ah, yeah, soz lol
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.