[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"We want opportunities. Leo is nominated ever year but not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: chris-rock-oscars-host-hed-2016.jpg (165 KB, 652x367) Image search: [Google]
chris-rock-oscars-host-hed-2016.jpg
165 KB, 652x367
"We want opportunities. Leo is nominated ever year but not one black guy."

Can someone please explain this to me? This whole train of thought I mean. I'm not racist, I really, really do want to understand this and I wish I could ask him personally.

There factually was no movie with a black leading actor in 2015 that was extraordinary good or could compete with Leonardo or the other guys nominated. Why should there be a black guy nominated? This is what I don't understand but love to understand.

Am I missing something?
>>
Also, Chris Rock said this guy should have been nominated when he asked him to come on stage.

I loved Creed but you have to be on crack to believe this guy was something special. Sylvester Stallone also completely destroyed this guy in the same movie.

What is going on in America?
>>
File: michael-b-jordan.jpg (59 KB, 1010x570) Image search: [Google]
michael-b-jordan.jpg
59 KB, 1010x570
>>65825457
>>
>>65825272
It's all about forced diversity/tokenism. The economist broke it down showing that in proportion to population it is a non-issue.
>>
Math=Niggers are actually OVER-represented compared to their numbers as actors.

But math is boring en shit know'm sayin????
>>
>>65825272
>Why should there be a black guy nominated? This is what I don't understand but love to understand.
because diversity you fucking nazi
>>
File: 1456389311881s.jpg (5 KB, 206x250) Image search: [Google]
1456389311881s.jpg
5 KB, 206x250
>Leo
>The Revenant
>Good

Pick 2.
>>
To be fair Beasts of No Nation should've been nominated but that was snubbed because of the whole Netflix vs Hollywood thing and not because of race. Beasts of No Nation deserved some nominations though.
>>
>>65827095

Idris Elba is based as fuck, breh.
>>
>>65825272
Are they saying Jamie Foxx isn't black? Pretty sure he and some nigresses won oscars.
>>
He was pointing out that all roles that could be considered "oscar worthy" from the get-go are given to a handful of repetitious white guys. In roles where race isn't a factor into the character at all, they just cast the white guy. if the cast list doesn't say "this guy is black" then they won't even think "wait, COULD this guy be black, asian, you know, just NOT white?"
>>
>>65825272
as soon as you explain why no white ever wins a bet award.

checkmate racist blm faggot
>>
>>65825457
carl weather was a better creed anyway
>>
>>65825272

He was saying they want more roles. Hollywood is a "who you know" industry. Blacks don't get quite as many roles as white people.

Though, that could be because less blacks put a good portfolio together and avoid musical theater.
>>
>>65825272
>There factually was no movie with a black leading actor in 2015 that was extraordinary good or could compete with Leonardo or the other guys nominated.

They see that as hollywood's fault.
They believe studios should make more movies about black people, hire more black directors and cast more black people in leading roles.
If there weren't any black actors nominated, they says it's because hollywood didn't give them any decent opportunities, which is because there aren't enough powerful black people in hollywood and the powerful "white" people are passively discriminating against them.

Obviously, blacks are already over represented in western media (particularly American) given their numbers. There may be black people in various other popular and financially successful movies that don't win oscars but this isn't enough.
Nominating films for oscars also costs quite a bit of money in the first place and a lot of excellent movies do not even get consideration.

Meanwhile, movies such as Selma get noms which is good for exposure and prestige but they are still unsatisfied if it doesn't actually get the award.
>>
>>65825272
You know this makes me think of another scenario, might be a top 10 of the best fucking possible scenarios in the gym, just goes to show that you should be nice to everyone. I was working out and a woman wanted to work out with me, and for whatever reason, probably my hard fucking dick from 1cc of propionate, I said sure and we worked out. Well, I went home to her house to give her some fucking advice on cleaning her clogged drains in her kitchen but then her fucking husband came home and he was fucking PISSED off motherfucker like what the fuck dude what is your problem, so I confronted him about not being home with his wife and letting other men get with her and I gave that motherfucker a good beating. After I came to my fucking senses and realized that I had almost killed this motherfucker I apologized and we had a beer together. Turns out that motherfucker was a pretty nice guy and he let me borrow his bitch once in a while and we'd double team tag her ass all day. You know, just goes to show that you should be nice to everyone and even the fucking worst looking guy or the fucking stupidest guy can be a pretty fucking nice guy or you know he might let you, you know, borrow his stuff or whatever the fuck. Fuck, I don't know, man. All I'm saying is think about it logically because some fucking day you might be in my fucking footsteps and you might be fucking all fucking out of it, thinking what've you done to that poor fucking guy. You know, just goes to show that you should be nice to everyone.
>>
WHAT ABOUT THE HISPANICS

THEY DONT COMPLAIN AND THEY DONT EVEN SHOW UP IN MOVIES
>>
>>65825272

Well maybe blacks should do better at their auditions and EARN these lead roles.

The white actors had to make a name for themselves before they were being offered roles.
>>
Yeah i too demand white man playing more of a part in sports as baskedball or sprinting everything else is racist, bigoted. Hurrrdurrrr
>>
Oscars. Gimmedat
>>
>>65827279
But what's wrong with the actor being white?
>>
>>65827279
I wonder if there's some weird connection between casting white guys and the financial success of a movie? There's probably no way to to determine that and the only reason movies use white actors is to opress blacks because we all secretly hate them amirite?
>>
>>65827393
>Beasts of No Nation

>Straight Outta Compton

Guys, The Revenant was a pretty shit movie about a story that didn't even happen. I'm glad DiCaprio learned how to suffer, it's probably good for him, but that shit didn't deserve an Oscar. I've never seen more of a pity award.
>>
>>65827457
Is this some pasta I've never seen or is it a new one in the making?

From a movie maybe?
>>
>>65827368
If anyone should be bitching it is Asians, at least they don't get white actors to play black characters
>>
>>65827471
well chile bro, your country won a couple my country won a couple.

fuck the hater apes.
>>
>>65827368
>Blacks don't get quite as many roles as white people
So 13% of the population, with not many actors, don't get as much roles as ~65% of the population? And they are suprised by this? I'm starting to wonder if they are retarded
>>
>>65827368
So is it OK to bring up how Jews are disproportionaly over represented in Hollywood using that same argument? Or would that be anti-Semitic?
>>
>>65827471
They do complain, you just don't hear about it cause they're pseudo-mexican and know we'll just tell them to go back to china bitch.
>>
>>65827556

das raycis n shiet
>>
>>65827666

They would pay you for your silence.
>>
>>65825272
He disagrees with your premise that there was not a better black actor. Because of that he concludes it has to be racism. The problem people like him run into is it would seem to others that they mean blacks are always the best. For example, they no problem with the fact they NBA is nearly all black, or that the all star team was 100 percent black, because they are always better. This is why it's so easy to become racist towards blacks.
>>
>>65827654
Look at the jews population vs the number of rolew they get
>>
>>65827639
>>65827639

i know dude, we dont complain, our people work hard for recognition but by negro standards
40% of all movie characters should be latino at all times no matter the movie which is fucking stupid
>>
>>65827471
Most of us don't give a fuck about the Oscars, mange.

Besides, what do we care about movies when most of us are watching shit like Fast and the Furious?

#Oscarsabittooblack
>>
>>65826733
The Revenant was fucking amazing and Leo deserved the Oscar.
>>
>>65827556
White is the default casting stance. It doesn't matter on an individual basis but when EVERY casting director defaults to white then suddenly they're not in the running for a bunch of mediocre to even-top-tier acting jobs.

When race isn't a factor, the only race considered is White.

>>65827567
We wouldn't know. If you're not Will Smith apparently no one's gonna risk finding out.
>>
>>65827279

This is true, but it's kinda complex. First of all, most audiences are going to be white and most actors are white too. So when it comes to that situation where race isn't really a factor, what would compel you to say, "Let's make him black"? This is a legitimate question.

Now do producers, writers, directors, whatever else you like make these decisions randomly? There'd be plenty of reasons to give roles to white people just as a response to the realities of the market. Racial "cultures" have become so divided, on purpose, that different skin colors make someone an entirely different character with an entirely different set of hypothetical circumstances. A white character is, therefore, going to be easier for white people to relate with, just like a black character is easier for black people to relate with, and so on and so forth. With over 60% of the population being white, that is the group of people you'd most like to target to get their support and money.

Now when black people ask for "equal opportunities" in this sense, I am curious as to what an "equal opportunity" would look like in manifestation. It would mean that no less than 12% of leading roles are black men. Now this is probably already the case, but the problem is that the black leading roles aren't often in largely successful movies. But this also makes sense because black leading roles are in movies that target black audiences, which are much smaller and therefore contribute much less revenue.

It would be like asking Japanese filmmakers to start casting German men as their main characters at an "equal" relate, despite the fact that Japanese people would have a much harder time relating and immersing themselves into the main perspective of the narrative and thus have less attachment to the movie.
>>
>>65825272
> gibmedat mentality
>>
>>65827621

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yguVFVS3kWE

scroll down and read the comments, I think this guy is dead serious with that shit.
>>
>>65827841

>white writers create white characters

I agree that this is so very very wrong. Hollywood needs more diversity and should take a lesson from Canada.
>>
>>65827789
watch any tv series, and most comedy movies and at some point or another there will be a. jewish roots
or most commonly b. a jewish character who finds their faith again
and c. a jewish character running away from their faith
>>
>>65827620

Couldn't agree more, man.
>>
>>65826733

>I didn't see the movie, the post
>>
File: 1456444922269.jpg (24 KB, 277x276) Image search: [Google]
1456444922269.jpg
24 KB, 277x276
>>65827833
>>
>>65827865
If only we never gibsdatted in the first place.

If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want you to pay for his college tuition and a written apology for systemically oppressing his ancestors to go with it.
>>
>>65827791
Also this.
If the movie is based on a certain historical period, I give no fucks about muh diversity.

Kinda like the whole Witcher 3 thing with blacks crying over too many whites in a game based around medieval Poland or some shit.
>>
>>65827998
Prove me wrong.

>>65825272
What is it with the nigger race and their gibmedats mentality?
>>
>>65825272
gibs me dat award nigga
>>
>>65826733
it was a good movie and also a hard-ass part to do, i mean, go enter a fucking freezin river for the sake of cinema then you can talk shit.
>>
>>65827791
>>65827791
unfortunately for you, niggers don't actually care about diversity. They only care about themselves. You never hear them complain about the lack of asian or latino representation in western media. It's always only blacks. negroes don't care about other minorities. Not a single nigger at the oscars mentioned latinos or asian "muh diversity" at the oscars. it was always black this and black that.

Negroes don't give a shit about other minorities, people really need to learn this already.
>>
>>65828055
cinematically its amazing, i thought it was a bit dark though
also everyone who's seen it that i know of thinks its a good movie and that leo did a great job in the role
the only people saying he was shit are the pretentious faggots over in /tv/ and people like you who dont realize you never grew out of the contrarian phase from puberty
>>
>>65825272
What people not get when they talk about no minorities in important movies is, that for example black people are not the ones who watching "Oscar movies" (there was even a little film, when he asked black people if they saw "Danish girl" etc), the problem is not that Hollywood is racist because you can bet your ass if movies with black people or asians or whatever race as the lead role would make millions directors would go for those people because all they care is money not race.
But black are not the audience who give them money so they cast people who will watch their shitty Oscar bait movies.
People need to get that if they want black people in a lead they have to watch other movies, they have to change their taste in movies...
>>
>>65825272
Another thing I don't understand is why don't more black fellas weite and direct movies, instead of complaining about white people nit giving them roles. It reminds me of when they complained there were no black coloured band aids, instead of seeing it like a perfect business opportunity to make them themselves. Or like when they complain not many black fellas get hire in game production, yet it turn out there are very few black programmers, most of them are graphic or sound designers.

Always expecting others to do the hard work
>>
I feel so bad for Leo.

He made a shit ton of movies, came from a shit place and made himself, honestly is a good actor and now his final moment of recognition got marginalized by implying he only got nominated because he was white.

Fucking niggers are savage.
>>
>>65828242
Wrong Person, Chile?
>>
>>65825272
you're gonna get arrested for posting that
>>
>>65827620

People have different tastes. You may not always agree with their decisions or preferences.
Lots of people complained that 12 Years a Slave won because "black people and muh slavery".
>>
Leo deserved the oscar for wolf of wall street not this movie
>>
>>65828263
its simple, they're obsessed with victimization. black culture revolves around being "kept down by the man", rappers and other black celebrities glorify this by constantly celebrating being a criminial and showing african-american youth that the way to make it big for a black man is by being the hardest thug rapper there is.

what ends up happening is blacks grow up thinking theyll never amount to anything because theyre black so when theyre not working for 2 years theyll say its the white man!

>>65828351
and yeah probably im fucked up man
>>
>>65828296
>method
>good acting

Heh.
>>
>>65828467
>Lots of people complained that 12 Years a Slave won because "black people and muh slavery".

It pretty much did. It's not a good movie and does nothing exceptional in any regard.

It was pretty much the 'Crash' of 2013. A mediocre oscar bait movie that won awards on no logical grounds.
>>
File: 1445624878535.jpg (59 KB, 568x808) Image search: [Google]
1445624878535.jpg
59 KB, 568x808
>>65828396
>you're gonna get arrested for posting that

Today this is funposting, but wait a few years and watch it become reality.
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1071x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1071x680
>I'm not racist

Yes he is, anyone who ignore data and continues to race bait in purposely engaging in racial hostilities and the advancement of his race
>>
>>65827957

Great comeback, but I did watch it.

Tom Hardy's performance was incredible and made that character memorable.

Leo was just an aloof guy suffering in the woods, and there was nothing special about his performance.
>>
>>65828055

I can't prove an opinion wrong, no matter how many arguments I provide. I just think you have pleb taste in movies.
>>
>>65828691
>Leo was just an aloof guy suffering in the woods, and there was nothing special about his performance.
Wrong on all accounts. You really didn't watch the movie did you?

Aloof? How was he aloof? Think back on how he interacted with other characters in toe movie and try calling him aloof again.
>>
>>65825272
Demanding more prestige for only your tribe is an idea that clashes with white's merit based culture.

You can't ever judge a group accurately, because justice is a logical, individual case thing, but you can easily offend lots of people doing it, they are counting on demanding you answer quickly (and favourably) for something that takes time.
>>
>>65826733
i'll pick Leo and good
because Leo fucking deserved an oscar and now was his time, it was the only reason I watched the Oscars
>>
>>65827932
Why do we need diversity in hollywood?
>>
>>65828677
Maybe white people make better movies
Maybe white people can act better
Maybe the Oscars are such a niche group of the whole population you can't even show it on a graph so these statistics are irrelevant.
>>
>>65826733
Everytime I see this pic I think that Leo will be the next Jack Nicholson
>>
>>65825272
Black leftists want "equal treatment", which is just a buzzphrase for they want what white people have without earning it.

It's not like Twelve Years a Slave didn't get every award a few years back. Chris Rock and #oscarssowhite are just racists complaining about nothing.
>>
>>65827279
Whites are the best actors and end up racking in the most money due to getting the most assess in the seats.

Negro actors and negro movies really aren't that good or marketable so they don't get a shit ton of roles. That isn't to say that "they get no roles" they just never give oscar worthy performances.
>>
>>65828147

If you mean it was hard in terms of the hard shit he had to do in order to film in the woods, that's not what acting is.

As for his ACTUAL acting, I'm not finding any fault with it. That's why it was pick 2, not pick 1. Leo is a great actor. But that character was aloof, boring, silent, and one dimensional as fuck. The movie itself failed to flesh out any of the important emotional drivers for Leo's character. The father/son bond was treated as an afterthought and no attempt was made to endear either characters to the audience.

They just plop these two unknown characters into the middle of the woods, give you nothing to care about, and then follow him on what feels like a meaningless few days of harsh weather and violence in which his facial expressions and lines reveal absolutely nothing about internal turmoil or any deeper theme at play.

The whole side story with the Native tracking his daughter was also mystifying as a misappropriation of screen time. I mean, what the fuck?

Tom Hardy's character was more dynamic and interesting, more thought provoking, and provided an opportunity to experiment with emotional expression beyond physical pain, alertness, etc.
>>
>>65827841
>White is the default casting stance.
I'm not seeing the problem here. white is the default casting choice in a country wehre most people are white?

This is like a white person complaining that the default casting choice for a nollywood movie is a nigger, or a white person complaining that there isn't enough white representation in bollywood.
>>
>>65828901

I pick Leo and good too.

Leo deserves an Oscar, but not for this role. This was a pity Oscar.
>>
>>65825272

Show 'business' - movies with white leads gross more than ones with black leads. Hollywood is not a charity organization.

Blacks want their token award for being black, like a participation trophy. They're like women in their childlike mindset, and complain just the same. Muh racism, even though blacks win Oscars proportionately to their percentage in the population. Are they even serious, or are they really that fucking stupid?
>>
>>65827279
Black people are allowed to be proud of black only movies. white movies need less white people. What about forcing more white rappers in studios?

Cultures aren't interchangeable, he proved blacks don't value white movies when he went to the street interviews. He thinks he proved they would value the movie much more if the characters skin were simply black? blackfacewhen?

Why spend time altering that one perspective in film just to please people who aren't going to see the film?
>>
>>65828832

Ummm. He reacted to every single fucking character in the same exact way with the momentary 30 second exception of him smiling at the Native American guy who was catching rain in his mouth and then trying to do it himself.

He reacts to Fitzgerald and the miscasted Captain and his son with the exact same repressed emotional mask. He conveys being unaffected but intense. When he is expressing "emotions", they're very physical emotions. He's intense and such when he's screaming as his son gets stabbed and he's urgent when running from the Natives, and he's fighting through pain in the final fight with Hardy. Physical acting.

And I like Leo and I don't think he was "bad". I think that the Revenant was not a character driven movie in the least and that it provided very little dramatic meat for Leo to work with, so I don't think it was the best performance of the entire year by a longshot.
>>
>>65827457
>just goes to show that you should be nice to everyone.
After the beating stage.
>>
File: 1437833211198.png (293 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
1437833211198.png
293 KB, 450x373
>>65829456
>He thinks he proved they would value the movie much more if the characters skin were simply black?

Maybe they should just get RDJ to do more blackface in movies to see what the outcome among the negro community would be.
>>
>>65825272
In just recent years, that one movie with denzel as a drunk pilot was nominated for Best picture, and 12 years a slave won best picture.
But this year, they act like the academy has NEVER recognized black culture.

>why don't you nominate Compton
Because it was a shit movie.
>>
I can't even imagine what the world will be like in 10 years if the direction of things doesn't change.
>>
>>65828026
You give an inch, they take a mile.
>>
>>65828258
This is right too, but this assumes they actually want to solve the problem and not just coming from a mentality where they complain they deserve it, gibsmedat rhetoric works, polite society avoids conflict, MandateBlackMerit is easier than WeNeedBetterBlackCultureLeaders aka longform writers.
>>
>>65828577
They only say that, they don't believe it, the confident underdog story sells, they were just-chllin' the whole time, they deserved their jail sentence because they only thought in the moment.
>>
>>65828258
well, than was chris rocks performance just a thing to attract niggers to hollywood, just that they can sell more? that´s what a jew would do
>>
>>65829671
Maybe blackface whiteface is all that bring the races back together, we all know they will do what ever it takes to get attention in the hope status is on the other side.

We just need to let them know, we know they are being a shit as a cheap way to see the effect and that it is boring now.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.